Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through weekly video calls.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Springboard’s tuition-back guarantee allows students a six-month runway to land a job.
Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- What is React JS Used For?
- June 2021 Coding Bootcamp News
- 5 Artificial Intelligence Jobs You Can Land After Bootcamp
- CompTIA Security+, Ethical Hacking, Network Security, Penetration Testing
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $11,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineSpringboard is a leading digital skills bootcamp that has empowered thousands of students to get their dream job. The Cyber Security Career Track we offer is the first online bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You’ll complete 30+ labs and 35+ mini-projects while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep"
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $2,390/month, $11,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $7,000 upfront or $1,400 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1690/month, $8500 upfront, loan financing, and deferred tuition plans available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1690/month or $8,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis course is designed to help students decide if a career in data analytics is right for them. It will also help them decide if Springboard is the right educator for them. The course will introduce students to data analytics fundamentals, including structured thinking processes, Excel foundations, and how to present data-driven insights.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $10,000 upfront $1880/month Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $9,900 Month-to-month: $1,290/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $11,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $11,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $7,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test No Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $750 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- UX Career Track (Online)
1013 reviews sorted by:
- Amazing experience!- 8/13/2021Alfred Hull • Senior Data Engineer • Student • Course: Data Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more! This school is amazing and prepares students to make the rubber meet the road.
- UX/Ui Career Tracj- 8/12/2021Jeremy W • Student • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI began at Springboard two months before the pandemic. IT rocked my life and Springboard made graduation possible. The circumstances were truly, unique. They provided enough flexibility and advice to direct me towards completion on time. The principles learned and results of cumulative work that lead to a portfolio was the foundation I needed. Even if it's not perfect when you finish, you will learn that iterations are part of the process. Design is a moving target and Springboard can give you the support to attempt and stick it.
- UX Designer- 8/11/2021Regine • Jr. UX Designer • Student • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInEver since I enrolled in Springboard's UX/UI Career Track, I started to recommend this course to everyone around me who is interested in tech or design. The curriculums are well put together, the 4 projects really makes up a great portfolio and the 1 on 1 mentorship was super helpful. It took me 10 months to complete the course and I spent way over 20 hours per week, but it was worth it. I ended up landing a job just 2 weeks after graduating.
- A life changing experience!- 8/11/2021Jason Young • UI/UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInReally enjoyed my time at Springboard's UX Career Track program which helped me start my job as a UX/UI designer after having worked professionally in marketing/visual design for nearly 10+ years.
—The career services module was easily worth the price of admittance. It helped keep me sane during my 9+ month job hunt and helped me stay on track during this arduous process.
— My mentor was fantastic and I am still in touch with her today and am benefitting from hearing her stories and how I could best apply lessons she learned to my current job situation.
— The IDP project was great and helped teach me to work alongside other designers.
—The school aggregates its curriculum from various online sources which are available for free, so it could theoretically be self-taught. However, having the proper learning structure in place still really helped.
— It teaches UX from the traditional waterfall perspective which not all companies follow. It was a bit of an adjustment for me to adapt these principles to more agile processes, which many companies use nowadays.
_ It's up to the student to figure out how to standout from the rest of the crowd/graduates. Your portfolio will look quite similar to others upon graduation so it's up to the student to figure out how to best find a solution to this.
- Overall good experience with some caveat- 8/9/2021Bill Yu • Solution Architect • Graduate • Course: Machine Learning Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I had a good time with Spring Board's ML course. The certificate is under the UC San Diego Extension name, which is great. The course itself is overall good, however I do want to point out a few things:
- It's only as useful as the amount of time you put into it
- Take notes constantly or you won't learn anything
- Use mentor to keep you on track
Their material are all freely available online like YouTube videos, while this sound bad it did not distract from the learning experience negatively. HOWEVER, there are a few parts that is behind paywalls, which definitely was a negative experience. Some material could be rearranged, you need to go back and forth or you will be confused. Also their sales people seem to think everyone and their dog could pay them $10k and graduate as a ML scientist but in my experience you really do need to be in the software industry already to make the most of it.
The best part for me was the career help, you should definitely take advantage of that and do everything they tell you. Overall would recommend.
I also enjoyed conversating with my mentor, I highly recommend leveraging your mentor as much as possible every week.
- Software Engineering Career Track- 8/6/2021Alejandro Martinez Jr • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI had a great experience in the Software Engineering Track. I feel like the curriculum prepared me to be comfortable in any part of the stack and covered a great deal of content throughout my time with Springboard
Thorough Curriculum on all things related to software engineering and web development
Taught by Colt Steele
Access to knowledgeable mentors and career coaches
TAs and support can be difficult to access when you need them due to volume of students.
Lack of community if you don't seek out people to group up with.
There are no opportunities to pair program unless you seek someone out.
- It's the real deal and it's worth it- 8/5/2021Shelagh Bennett • Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInHaving just completed Springboard's UX Design Career Track, I am walking away with a whole new set of UX skills and thanks to the rigorous curriculum I feel very confident in my ability to execute them in a professional setting. I come from a multi-disciplinary design background, and I've had an interest in transitioning into the UX/UI field for a few years, so I was slowly self-learning and taking Coursera courses prior to starting the Springboard course. Unfortunately, Coursera courses and designing some apps for your portfolio just won't cut it. Springboard guides you through a range of key methodologies and best practices in UX design, with projects heavily focused on user research and usability testing, as well as plenty of mentoring from real industry professionals. It's the real deal and it's worth it.
- Great Learning Experience- 8/5/2021Jade Lam • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubThe fully online, largely self-paced program made it possible for me to learn while coping with a demanding work schedule. Overall, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the curated program and the 1:1 mentorship. The mentorship is where I’ve got the most out of this program. It really does give you an in-depth insight into how data scientists works, and their industry best practices.This program would be a great choice for those who:- wants to have direct interaction with career data scientists and learn about the industry best practices- can only or prefers to do a 100% online bootcamp- prefers a self-paced, self-learning type of program rather than a classroom style/ group work type of programCall outs:- if you reside outside of US/ Canada, certain career development topics/ opportunities may not be as relevant. Find a career coach you resonate with though, there are still a lot you can get out of the career coaching sessions- if you are in the Asia timezone, it will likely be difficult for you to enjoy the office hours and networking events. It’s usually scheduled in the afternoon US Pacific timezoneFor those who are wondering if you can manage the program, my suggestion would be to try out the Data Science Prep Course. During the course of selecting which education provider to go for, I’ve tried the prep course from a few bootcamp providers. It was the early interaction with an industry mentor that convinced me this learning journey is worthwhile.
- Data Science Career Track- 8/1/2021Elinor • Teacher • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPros: Lots of opportunities to learn about unfamiliar material. Lots of homework so I could practice what I learned. It was helpful to build a project-based portfolio to show what I learned and could do. I'm planning on going back and improving my portfolio as much as possible.
Cons: After I completed an assignment, it would have been useful to view another's (A+) completed assignment so I could compare and learn from my mistakes.
- Data Science Career Track- 7/27/2021Tou Vang • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard is great. It helped launched my Data Science career just 4-5 months into the program. But this was with 30-60 hours a week of studying and 10-20 hours a week fixing/updating my resume and CL as well as job searching and preparing for interviews.
Mentors were always there when needed and are really smart. The career coaches helped tremendously and was vital to me getting me first job even with little experience.
- UX/UI Career Track- 7/27/2021Victoria Rex • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThere were so many things about Springboard that I loved! Some perks right at the beginning: self paced, different payment options, the mentor calls, extra calls, career coaches and an externship with a real company etc. The way the curriculum was structured was incredible, starting with the basics, but also in the approach, each topic was covered in different ways to help soak up the information as well as being able to then retain the knowledge if you have different learning styles. It seemed like each topic was covered by articles, videos, examples, practice homework etc! Even the features I did not use are still a huge reason why I chose Springboard (the slack channel, extra calls, office hours). I would suggest anyone considering this program to take their time! I rushed through to try and finish fast but I wish I would have spent more time on my designs and practice. Overall an amazing company and program!, I could go on and on!