Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through weekly video calls.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Springboard’s tuition-back guarantee allows students a six-month runway to land a job.
Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- What is React JS Used For?
- June 2021 Coding Bootcamp News
- 5 Artificial Intelligence Jobs You Can Land After Bootcamp
- CompTIA Security+, Ethical Hacking, Network Security, Penetration Testing
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $11,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineSpringboard is a leading digital skills bootcamp that has empowered thousands of students to get their dream job. The Cyber Security Career Track we offer is the first online bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You’ll complete 30+ labs and 35+ mini-projects while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep"
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $2,390/month, $11,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $7,000 upfront or $1,400 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1690/month, $8500 upfront, loan financing, and deferred tuition plans available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1690/month or $8,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis course is designed to help students decide if a career in data analytics is right for them. It will also help them decide if Springboard is the right educator for them. The course will introduce students to data analytics fundamentals, including structured thinking processes, Excel foundations, and how to present data-driven insights.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $10,000 upfront $1880/month Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $9,900 Month-to-month: $1,290/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $11,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $11,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $7,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test No Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $750 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- UX Career Track (Online)
1006 reviews sorted by:
- Springboard Did Not Disappoint- 8/21/2020Gabe Gibitz • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI did exhaustive research before picking a Data Science Bootcamp. I looked online, in-person -- even considered the DIY route. I landed at Springboard, and I was so pleased with (even surprised by) my experience.
Springboard excels at combining a solid curriculum with hands-on learning, but what set them apart (and what surprised me) were their weekly 1-on-1 mentor meetings and rigorous career coaching focus. I wasn't alone simply learning how to become a data scientist. I was part of an encouraging community that prepared me to confidently create machine learning projects, network with the data science community and apply for jobs the day I left the program. Would highly recommend.
- Very helpful and Informative- 8/19/2020Chelsea • Student • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe courses are very well put together with a lot of great content from different sources. Everyone I interacted with was very kind and helpful. I learned a lot from my time spent in it! And while I was taking courses I was paid to design a website! These are very marketable skills. A con would probably be that it is a bootcamp, so you really need to make sure you have the time, energy, and mental capacity to put the work into it. I personally found that working while trying to do the courses was very difficult.
- Data Science Career Track- 8/8/2020Alwyn Pinto • Data Scientist & Project Manager • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPros:
- The course work is extensive and to me seemed to be equivalent to a Masters Degree.
- EXCELLENT mentor support and without which I would have given up. This is a key factor in my completion. Previously I tried the pathetic Udacity Business Analytics course and they lacked mentor and course work support.
- Timeline is very aggressive.
- Would love to have placement support as part of the course (this is now being offered due the covid situation).
- Job interviews guaranteed but placement is extremely difficult if you dont have a PhD or Masters.
- Data Science Career Track- 8/6/2020Jimmy Smart • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track Prep • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe program was very beneficial. It allowed me to see various aspects within the world of Data Science. The course offered a little bit of everything to at least get me familiar with what I may see once I am able to dive into my career. Considering there are many avenues to pursue from a career prescriptive, myself (or someone ) will probably need to find outside resources to dive deeper depending on what they'd like to fully immerse themselves in. Coming out of the program, I feel that I have a strong understanding of Python, SQL, as well as machine learning techniques. The main wealth of knowledge came from working on my 2 capstone projects. It was within these 2 projects that I was able to use information learned from the coursework as well as learn to properly research other techniques and/or look for deeper learning. All the while, I was able to work with my mentor as I made mistakes and more importantly learned from them. A suggestion I would have for future students of the program is to work with a networking coach early on in the process. I spoke with a mentor on a weekly basis but I somewhat slacked on the network side of things as I feared I wasn't ready to "talk the talk". Looking back on it, I should have bunch more effort into this aspect, earlier on instead of leaving a majority of it to the end. The networking coaching if very beneficial to help prepare for life after the course. They offer very good networking tips. I truly enjoyed my experience!
- Data Analytics Taught RIGHT!!!- 8/4/2020Tajram Bissoondial • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI have applied to Springboards Data analytics program early this January and I must say that it is amazing. From the mentors to the career coaches, they do there best for you to succeed and be able to launch a new career. Every week I would have a one on one meeting with my mentor who doesn't give me answers but guild me on the right path to get to correct solution to the hypothesis we are trying to solve for that week. It is not only tools for programing but Springboard offers you the tools and inside knowledge on how to land a great job in the outside world. This is a great program and I would highly recommend anyone who wants a change in their career to choose springboard.
- UX Design Career Track- 8/1/2020Natalie Breuner • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great Experience- 7/27/2020David Godinez • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- UX Design Career track- 7/26/2020Jesse • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Data Science Career Track Review- 7/23/2020Melinda Liu • Springboard Alumni • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI have started the Data Science Career Track in October 2019. It is basically a 6-month Data Science program with 4 mock interviews and 2 Capstone Projects. Even if you can work at your own pace, you need to put the dedication of 15/24 hours per week to finish the course within 6 months. However, there are options of a break from 1 to 3 weeks and a three month extension for free if you managed to finish at least 50% of your course during the original 6-month period. You have two attempts to pass each mock interview if you want to maintain your job guarantee at the end of the course. Career coaches however are very supportive and informative, especially on how to ace your interviews and how to build your portfolio and network in finding a job. Customer service is also excellent in answering your inquiries in an informative and timely manner.
- Offers unlimited mentor advice through the curriculum
- Excellent on how to build your job portfolio and network as well as how to ace your interviews
- Some assignment instructions are vague. Needed extra guidance from mentor and Google search to understand how to complete some assignments.
- Springboard UX Career Track- 7/22/2020Samuel Ludescher • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInUX, the wild wild west of the tech world. The field carries much different weight depending on who you ask. But, I am here to tell you that UX matters, and Springboard teaches it in a manner that leaves you prepared to take the next step in your career transition. What I loved most was the support I got from Springboard instructors, career coaches, and the student advisors. They truly cared about my success. There's even a Slack group dedicated to the cohorts.
My end date was initially in April, and COVID was wreaking havoc in the US. I was also in a bit of a pinch with my capstone project because my initial iteration was very poor and I needed to do a total redesign (my visual design skills were still amateurish). In the end, Springboard gave me a 3-month extension on the coursework, and then extended my completion date by another few weeks to give me time to complete missing assignments as I was preparing for my final mock interviews (which are effectively the final exams).
The best way to learn something is by doing, and Springboard encourages that mentality in its students. UX bootcamps are in a controversial period because there is no clear standard for UX education. In my opinion, Springboard is high quality and one of the closest you can get to some kind of UX 'higher education.' As UX continues to evolve, Springboard will need to keep up. Some of the course materials are a few years old, but Springboard is careful to bring to light the many nuances in the industry, even if it's just briefly. The course teaches design thinking, just one of the many UX frameworks. It's hard to include everything UX has to offer and make an effort to keep students on a 6-month graduation track. There is much more to learn, but so long as you remain aware of that, I think Springboard is well worth your time if you are looking for a well structured curriculum that gives you plenty of support.
The UX career track combined with books that have become UX staples such as The Elements of User Experience, Rocket Surgery Made Easy, and the Design of Everyday Things is a great basis for anyone with a designer's mind to feel confident in the field.
- Carmela Rebancos • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInOverall, I think it's a great program to learn the fundamentals and basics of UX. But I especially really liked the mentorship they provided along with the course. For someone who's transitioning into the field it was nice having a mentor who, not only gave me constructive feedback on my projects, but gave me practical industry related advice as well. Their student advisors are also very helpful and offer great support!
And yes, the curriculum consists of a lot of articles and videos that you can find yourself online. And I also wish that they offered more videos than articles because it's definitely is a lot of reading. But Springboard's UX curriculum is formatted in a way that offers the structure that I really needed. Without this structure, I wouldn't have known where to start when learning about the field of UX.
But here's my overall review in summary:Pros:
- Offers unlimited mentor advice through the curriculum
- Complete 3 portfolio ready projects
- Work at your own pace
- Mini-internship experience with an actual company that you can add to your portfolio and resume
- A cheaper option compared to other bootcamps
- There's a lot of reading and not enough video instruction
- Some assignment instructions are vague and I needed extra guidance from my mentor to understand how to complete some assignments
(These are minor complaints tho, I really had a good experience with Springboard overall. 10/10 would recommend!!)
Message me on Linkedin if you have more questions!
- Invest in yourself- 7/13/2020Marina Boturchuk • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI reviewed a lot of bootcamps before I ended up with a Springboard and I’m absolutely happy with it.
Wonderful customer service and career coaches, great curriculum, studying at your own path, 3 portfolio projects and lots of connections at the end of the course. Best decision I could make. Definitely recommend if you would like to make a career change