Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.73
Recent Springboard News
- From Self-Teaching to Springboard: How Jake Learned Machine Learning
- How to Get a Remote Data Science Job After Springboard
- From Artist to UX/UI Designer with Springboard
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $8,200 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1099/month, $8,200 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,400 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1199/month, $5,400 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
517 reviews sorted by:
- UX Career Track- 5/23/2020Tasnim Reza • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: OnlineSpringboard's UX career track curriculum is very well thought out. I found it was really helpful for people like me who don't have any technical background. Springboard gives you unlimited mentor calls. Career coach calls are also very helpful and they give you career coach consultation for 6 months after graduation. The mentors and career counselors are very knowledgable. Also, they have a slack channel for all the students and alumni to discuss any problem and get suggestions. Furthermore, student advisors and everyone from the support staff is great and very helpful, and timely in their responses. Springboard has all kinds of resources and they are super helpful. My suggestion would be to take advantage of and utilize the resource as much as possible for the desired career.
- Data Science Online Classroom program- 5/20/2020Prakash Kumar • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
- Data Analytics Career Track- 5/14/2020Pascual Nicanor • Student • Campus: OnlineSpringboard's curriculum is an expertly curated program that challenges students at every turn; however, the mentor support is a difference maker in student success. The mentor is a guide and facilitator who provides key business and technical insight that connect class work to real life experience. The career advisory team is also key in living up to that job guarantee. The student who listens to career advisor advice is exponentially closer to landing that dream job. The Springboard was a great learning experience that I would not hesitate to share with friends.
- Data Science Career Track- 5/12/2020Neil • Data Engineer • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: OnlineIt was a well organized program that gave me the necessary skills to work in the field of Data Science. Everything from the mentor help to the videos and resources were mostly easy to understand and easy to put to use in practice. One thing that could've been better was putting emphasis on material that was more important in the field of data science that prospective companies are looking for those with that specific skillset. Overall I couldn't be happier and Springboard has been able to get me truly excited for the field of data science
- UX Design Career Track- 5/12/2020Brett Kaplan • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: OnlineI took the UX Design Career Track starting last August. I finished the course recently and came away extremely satisfied with my experience. My mentor was helpful, communicative, and provided great insight into the UX industry along the way. Overall, the course curriculum is challenging (in a good way) but really helps you understand every concept in detail. Springboard gives you provides an amazing support system with unlimited mentor calls, office hours, and a strong community of friendly UXers as well. The material is curated content from across the internet with mixed in mini learning courses throughout as well. I give the course a 10/10 and would recommend to anyone who is interested in switching careers to UX, beginner or intermediate.
- Digital Marketing Career Track- 5/9/2020Charlotte Linde • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: OnlineThe greatest benefit of Springboard's Digital Marketing course is its flexibility, the mentorship and real world experience you can gain as part of the curriculum.
Every unit has assignments in which you can apply your learnings and then they reviewed by your individual mentor. My favourite part were definitely the weekly mentor calls that help you to stay on track with the course material and to get some real insights from an industry expert.
As part of the curriculum you run some actual ad campaigns (FB, Google Ads) and have the option for additional certifications.
Springboard's student advisor was always there to help with any questions I had. You can also book into career calls with several topics to work on. In general, I felt the whole team was very dedicated.
In addition, they have a partnership with Google Ad Grant program through which you get paired with a non profit to execute a digital marketing strategy (with $10,000 budget for Google Ads). This was my favourite project!
- Tyler Lozano • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Machine Learning Engineering Career Track • Campus: OnlineOverall great experience and learned a lot. The pros far outweigh the cons, but I want a balanced review so I pushed to write up both.
Support. Best support of any program I've enrolled in. Hands down.
Mentorship. So helpful when you're stuck on something that's not easy to just Google. Also great to just get general direction, career advice, etc. You don't know what you don't know, but they do! Use them!
Projects. Some of the projects were fairly challenging , and I come from an applied math background. So I'd say don't be shy of some analysis, but they will definitely help you build the prerequisites necessary. They're also a great way to go back and relearn concepts you forget.
Capstone. The capstone is reasonable challenging and is based on metrics that you'd be judged on in the industry.
Structure. This is subjective, but for me alternating between engineering and career modules made it difficult to just focus on the engineering tasks. I ended up taking an extended non-traditional path through the course.
Dependencies. This is more a knock on DataCamp, but I think Springboard's reliance on some of their courses isn't good. Depending on if you like DataCamp's style. For me, I don't like the restrictive step-by-step approach they take, and feels too copy-the-answer-here type of learning, which is slow and passive. Springboard makes up for it with a diverse array of content and Jupyter notebook based projects.
- Great Program, Great Mentor- 5/5/2020Aysa Fan • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: OnlineI really enjoyed the program, and the mentor helped a lot during the whole time! I had an educational background in data science but I never had practical/industrial experiences before. Springboard's boot camp prepared me to be job-ready. Highly recommended for anyone who needs to gain experience as a real data scientist.
- Dan Jones • Student • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: OnlineOverall I've been very happy with the Springboard UX Design Career intensive! For the price it is a very thoughtfully structured and paced program to get theoretical and practical experience in this space, along with a lot of good person-to-person interaction.
Works around your schedule - I was able to balance part time work + home life with this program
Dedicated mentor in UX space offering weekly and on demand feedback
Intelligently structured and organized - units plans make sense and are easy to follow
A robust remote community of active students and alumni to interact with
Get a job or your money back guarantee
Several weekly Zoom meetups for career advancement and curriculum assistance
If you're not self-motivated it could be difficult to stay on task
Time estimates for completing units can sometimes be a little under
A base level of familiarity with the topic space and tools is critical - the program dives pretty quickly into some deep work
- Machine learning Engineer CT- 5/4/2020Davies • Graduate • Course: Machine Learning Engineering Career Track • Campus: OnlineAt the point I decided to continue my career in the domain of Artificial Intelligence and Big data, I wasn't exactly sure what program would be suitable for me to kick start this transition. After some research I came across springboard and upon examination of the curriculum I knew it was the one.
1:1 mentorship was incredible, I had 2 mentors during the course of my program. First was a senior data scientist and second was an entrepreneur building a big data driven business. Priceless learnings and insights
Comprehensive project structures
Not necessarily a con but curriculum is pretty heavy, must be super dedicated to the grind if you have a full time job.
- Isabella Huang • Student • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: OnlineThe UI/UX Career Track at Springboard is a 9 months part time course but allows you to do it at your own pace, and I've done it full-time in 3 months! The curriculum is abundant and in-depth. It builds you up step by step from a complete beginner (I'm from a HR background) to a junior designer with solid design knowledge and skills. The mentorship is definitely the most valuable part of the career track, as feedback and advice from an industry expert is 10 times more useful than working by yourself alone. Springboard has also created a welcoming community where students can help and learn from each other, with additional support from the student managers and career coaches. Now I'm ready to step into the real UX design world, and I'm really glad that I've chosen Springboard at the first place.
- Springboard UX Career Track- 4/24/2020Mark Dyson • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: OnlineThe UX Design Career Track at Springboard is a great stepping stone for a career in user experience.
One of the biggest benefits of the Springboard curriculum is having a mentor to help and guide you through the entire course and provide valuable feedback on along the way. The course load can a be a bit overwhelming at times if also working full-time while trying to complete it in the 6-month timeline given. Be sure to factor in extra the enxtension if this is the case. Having the job guarantee for after completion of the course is an extra bonus as well as having access to career coaches. I would highly recommend Springboard for anyone looking to enter the field of UX or just add to their skillset.