Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.73
Recent Springboard News
- How to Get a Remote Data Science Job After Springboard
- From Artist to UX/UI Designer with Springboard
- Coding Bootcamps + Coronavirus: Updates, Scholarships and Tips for Learning Online
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $8,200 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1099/month, $8,200 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,400 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1199/month, $5,400 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
516 reviews sorted by:
- An Excellent All Round Education- 11/22/2017Rounak Banik • Student • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
I was a student of Springboard's Data Science Career Track between July and November 2017. Completing the track has been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. The track was extremely streamlined and sufficiently challenging to keep you involved for the entire duration.
The biggest take away of the program was the mentorship. My mentor, Baran, taught me skills that you will never find in a book or a publicly offered MOOC. He also gave me invaluable glimpses into the world of professional data science. With his constant guidance, I was able to participate in Data Science Hackathons, publish and gather traction for my kernels on Kaggle and develop a proposal for a talk on Inferential Statistics which was accepted in SciPy India 2017.
Another huge benefit of the program is the network you get to build. Springboard mentors and alumni work at amazing places. I connected and interacted with more than a dozen people doing inspiring work. My mentor personally introduced me to Data Scientists at Airbnb (my first capstone project was on Airbnb User Bookings) and Amazon. They, in turn, gave me a sneak peak of their work at their respective companies.
As part of DSC, I completed over 15 technical projects and 2 major Capstone Projects. With the help of my mentor, I was able to channel my work in the right places. My analysis on TED Talks caught the eye of the Kaggle CEO who then submitted my notebook to the official TED Team. My second capstone project on Movie Recommender Systems had me publishing a dataset that was trending at the top for 3 straight days.
The material I learnt from Springboard also helped me in performing reasonably well in Data Science Competitions. My bachelors' thesis project on Fake News Detection is also based on the knowledge I acquired from the program.
Finally, DSC prepares you for the non technical aspects of getting a job. There are intensive, personal evaluations of your LinkedIn Profile, your resume and mock interviews. These exercises prepare you well for evaluating, applying and eventually interviewing for various data science jobs.
All in all, DSC is a great investment if you want to switch careers or get started with the field of Data Science. It prepares you for entry level Data Science jobs and equips you with enough expertise to jump into more advanced material after the program. Highly recommended!
- Great Course!- 11/3/2017Alla Prazyan • Graphic Designer • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I am in Graphic Design industry for more than 8 years and I was happy to explore UX Design course here on Springboard. The curriculum is very well designed and covers all aspects of UX design. This course is ideal for busy people, who cannot attend scheduled classes on site. Mentors are all professionals from the UX field, and student's advisors are always right away ready to assist with any question.
- Great curriculum and great mentor- 10/13/2017Dirk Maserkopf • Student • Course: Business Analytics • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
My 12 weeks experience with springboard was excellent. My weekly mentor calls helped me to find the right way to analyze data and go beyond the actual case study. The learning material is easy to read and understand, not that the course is too easy, but the layout and structure of the course is very good and makes it a pleasure to learn. Catherina from student support is great to deal with. I had one small problem, none of springboards fault, but my first assigned mento wasn't available any longer, so Catherina went beyond her normal hours of work and found me a new mentor over the weekend. I was really impressed with the support she gave me and any other questions, were answered right away, even though we had like 16 hours time difference between Western Australia and San Fran.
A special thanks to Chinmay , my mentor, who was always available and even so we had to change sometime our time of call, he was always flexible and guided me through the course plus gave me some great insights from his past experience and working as BA.
- Foundations in Data Science- 9/14/2017Arun • Student • Course: Introduction to Data Science • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I took the Foundations in Data Science course from Springboard. I have had some introduction to statistics and programming (quite a bit of stats in my MBA program and took many datacamp certificates for R and Python programming).
Really enjoyed the foundations course from Springboard. Have tried using many MOOC`s (massive online open courseware) to learn data science but to no use. Springboard`s mentor driven and community driven coursework is a lot better. Setting up the R Studio environment, Github, writing code on R, R markdown etc, all take quite some effort, if you are from a non computer science background (I am not a CS major but had some coding in high school and undergrad). This is where the mentor and community are most useful.
The $ 500 per month fee is very reasonable for the community, mentor interactions and curriculum that you get in the course.
My advice to prospective students who have no background in statistics and programming is as follows:
1) First learn statistics from online resources like Khan Academy, Saylor.org etc. Topics may include descriptive statistics (mean, median, mode, variance, standard deviation, types of distributions, probability), inferential statistics (p-value, Z-scores, hypothesis test, t-test) and machine learning (linear regression, logistic regression, some simple classification algorithms etc). Even datacamp.com has many good coding courses built around statistics.
2) Learn some R, Python and SQL from datacamp.com. Take a total of 10 certificate courses from datacamp in these 3 programming languages. This will really help develop your coding skills. In R, take introduction to R, intermediate R, dplyr, ggplot, statistics with R etc. In Python, learn numpy, pandas, seaborn etc.
3) After you have finished above 2 points, you can move to Springboard. You may think that Springboard is also about the first 2 points. Yes, it is. But the most important part of Springboard is the capstone project. Once you have completed point 1 and 2, you can enter the Springboard foundations course confidently and spend most of your time thinking and working on your capstone project. Remember that nothing matches the skills you develop while completing an end to end capstone project. This is only possible on Springboard at a very reasonable price.
Lots of effort and motivation + Springboard + Datacamp is the best formula for becoming a quantitative analyst/junior data scientist, if you do not already have a background in statistics and computer science.
- Jenn L • UX UI Designer • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I've been a visual designer (mostly web) for about 10 years. I've done aspects of UX in many of my jobs/projects. But there were a lot of best practices in research and prep that I'd never properly learned to be an official UX designer. I learned and practiced all these textbook need-to-knows and quickly got my portfolio updated to prove it through this course in a matter of a few months. I saved $1000's from avoiding full-time courses that I didn't need since I had quite a lot of on the job training already. Since completing the course I've gotten messages weekly to daily from recruiters on LinkedIn looking to place me in new exciting roles at big and small companies. TOTALLY WORTH IT.
My UX project from the curriculum: https://www.jennlindeman.com/ux-project
- Excellent UX Design course- 7/24/2017Amelia MG • UX Writer • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I took Springboard's UX Design course, and really enjoyed my experience. The curriculum was engaging, varied enough to accommodate many different learning styles, and was dynamic - Springboard updates their curriculum all the time, so nothing feels out of date. The emphasis on working with other students through the online community made it easy to gather ongoing feedback about your process, and simulated a bit of what it's like to work on a UX team - you never work in a bubble ;)
The self-paced nature of the class is a bit of a double-edged sword, because you can finish the course while working a full time job, but it does mean you need to be really self-motivated - I work full time, and finished the course in 3 months. Both your mentor and Springboard advisors are extremely helpful and supportive, and can even provide suggested timelines for what to work on each week in order to finish the course in the time that meets your needs.
As I mentioned earlier, each student is assigned a mentor, with whom you work closely, meeting each week to discuss progress, goals, and other, non-course-related aspects of UX design work. This mentor/student relationship was invaluable to my success. My mentor is extremely talented and charismatic and working with her helped keep me on track.
I highly recommend Springboard to anyone looking for a dive into UX Design.
- UX Design Course- 7/24/2017Laura A Hamrick • Web Designer/UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I would highly recommend the Springboard UX Design course to anyone that is looking to learn UX Design or would like to get a jump start on putting some UX examples on their portfolio. I had worked in UX for about a year but didn't have any personal examples that I could show for on my public portfolio. My Springboard (Sara) was extremely helpful in providing me with feedback and recommending resources that were outside of what the course had listed.
This course was great because as a freelance web designer, my schedule isn't consistent week to week. Since the course is flexible, you are able to do as much or as little of the work each week to make it work for you.
I was left with an amazing portfolio piece on the entire process of UX Design and have been offered multiple positions since completing the course. I also felt extremely comfortable in the interviews as I was confidently able to walk through the ENTIRE UX Design process since I had gone through every piece.
Would highly recommend this to anyone interested in UX!
- Tri Nguyen • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: OnlineThe program is well-designed and the pace is good for a 6-month course. The material is very well-selected with lots of real-world examples. The mini-projects are very helpful to learn the concept taught in the course. My mentor is very professional and very helpful along the way.
- UX Design Career Track- 5/28/2020Joshua Colaco • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: OnlineI started the course with no prior UX design experience (came from an Engineering background). It was everything I wanted and expected from an online course and curriculum. The modules were immersive, my mentor (and also the student advisor) was responsive and always had valuable and encouraging advice, and the projects have provided a great range of work for me to present in my portfolio (which Springboard also give comprehensive advice on, right down to the best hosting sites to use).
The course was all-inclusive and I have found that since I have finished with it, I keep going back to certain sections and brushing up on knowledge (all the material is available permanently after completion).
I didn't fall within the requirements of the job guarantee (as I am based in London) but I was still given the option of completing the Industry Design Project, which was one of the best parts of the course for me - I worked with a startup company in America and worked on the research and design of a gardening app.
Advice for prospective students - Use the mentor calls to get as much advice and information as you can, you'd be mentored by UX designers who have been in the industry for a long time and have a LOT of knowledge gold. Also, the Springboard community is another great feature, I didn't use this enough, but I understand how valuable it could be, to network and make accountability partnerships etc. especially if you live in America.
- UX Career Track- 5/23/2020Daniel Beals • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: OnlineNot only does Springboard nurture creative minds who want to learn and challenge themselves, they push you in ways that help you grow and allow you discover what areas you excel in. I hated research, or thought I did, until I got into Springboard’s UX course. There, I found out differently. And now I’m pursuing a career in UX Research. I’ve tried a couple of different UX boot camps. Springboard was the one that took care of me. They’ll take care of you too.
- UX Career Track- 5/23/2020Tasnim Reza • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: OnlineSpringboard's UX career track curriculum is very well thought out. I found it was really helpful for people like me who don't have any technical background. Springboard gives you unlimited mentor calls. Career coach calls are also very helpful and they give you career coach consultation for 6 months after graduation. The mentors and career counselors are very knowledgable. Also, they have a slack channel for all the students and alumni to discuss any problem and get suggestions. Furthermore, student advisors and everyone from the support staff is great and very helpful, and timely in their responses. Springboard has all kinds of resources and they are super helpful. My suggestion would be to take advantage of and utilize the resource as much as possible for the desired career.
- Data Science Online Classroom program- 5/20/2020Prakash Kumar • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online