savvy-coders-logo

Savvy Coders

Chattanooga, Nashville, Nashville, St. Louis

Savvy Coders

Savvy Coders is a 6-week intro to web development coding bootcamp in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee, and St. Louis, Missouri. Savvy Coders is a great option for beginners who want to learn how to code. Savvy Coders believes coding is a 21st-century skill that everyone can learn without giving up their day job. Students enrolled at Savvy Coders attend coding bootcamp 3-4 days per week, 3 hours each evening from 6-9pm.

Throughout the course, students will learn the basics of web design and front-end development through building a portfolio of projects. Graduates of Savvy Coders will be proficient in HTML, CSS and JavaScript and also know how to use Github and APIs to enhance their projects.

Interested students can attend the free, 1.5-hour Crash Course for the Curious to get hands-on practice coding. The Crash Course covers HTML, CSS and JavaScript and students will build a website throughout the class.

The Savvy Coders 6-week front-end web development classes are held at co-working spaces in St. Louis, Nashville, and Chatanooga. These co-working spaces represent a community of innovators and entrepreneurs that come together to network and learn.

Recent Savvy Coders Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (36) reviews for Savvy Coders →

Recent Savvy Coders News

• Front End Web Development

HTML, CSS
      In Person
      LocationChattanooga, Nashville, St. Louis
      Savvy Coders' month long web development course is broken down into 4 week segments. Week 1 covers the Fundamentals of Computing, HTML, CSS, JS and building your first website. Skills students learn in Week 1 include using the terminal, basic markdown, interacting with the DOM, HTML tags and stucture, CSS styling, version control with git and GitHub and basic JavaScript fundamentals. Week 2 is all about Functional JavaScript and learning about the key principles of programming with the language of the Web. Lesson modules include library usage with underscore.js, advanced variable and function use, JavaScript/browser, interactions through the DOM, adding web interactivity with JQuery, implementing video and audio through HTML5, introductory design principles for the web and software design and testing. Week 3 goes into Object-Oriented JavaScript and using JavaScript to delve-deeper into the industry standard of code design through Objects while building your portfolio. Look for lessons on object creation and manipulation, extending Objects through inheritance, using Objects in software, mastering Chrome Developer Tools and building a fully-functional website for your portfolio. In the final week, Week 4, students will explore Advanced Implementations and Web APIs. Students will build applications for larger-scale deployment and connect to other parts of the Web through APIs. The final lessons in this module include adding geo-location functionality with Google Maps API, implementing secure payment processing with Stripe, building your own APIs, deploying applications on a large scale and using backend-as-a-service.
      Tuition Plans3 months, $600 per month
    • Asma • Student
      I have been trying to start to code again and learn new languages for almost 1 year. However, I was not consistent with my effort, I am so happy I took the decision to contact Savvy Coders. Learning in a group kept me motivated and helped me to not fall off track on my coding goal, Savvy Coders helped me to step outside my comfort zone and get my hands dirty building actual application, now I found my capabilities and confidence as a developer.
    • Trevon Allen • Technical Support • Graduate
      This Boot Camp was exactly the push I needed to becoming a full stack developer from the owner to the recruitment and preparation for finding a job after boot camp, they really prepare you for the career your pursuing in web development, enjoyed the process and time they invested in helping me get to where I am today.
    • Nicholas LaChance • Graduate

SavvyCoders is a great program to learn new and ever changing skills. This program is perfect for those who are new to programming, those who have never programmed, and those that would like to sharpen their skills.

I started SavvyCoders with a background in software as a hobby. After SavvyCoders I am 100% confident to apply for a job, continue research on my own (without getting lost), as well as having a group of individuals to go to for collaboration of ideas.

• Nowell Gata • Student

Savvy Coders was a great introduction into the tech world. I had zero experience going into this program and feel confident that I can put together a single page application using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. I believe that the network that Savvy Coders provided will help me through my journey into the tech world, and considering the competition out there, this is probably the most cost-effective boot camp out there.

Attendance is mandatory. If you are new to software development, you must keep up and ask as precise of questions as possible OUTSIDE of class. Instructors use a LOT of industry slang. Learn from this.

If you are considering this boot camp, please note that doing the pre-coursework is highly recommended.

After going through this boot camp, I feel empowered and grateful for the knowledge and the network of the budding tech professionals from my cohort.

• John Ogunyelere • Graduate

Savvy Coders is a fantastic junior web developer camp here in St. Louis, with full hands-on technical skill training and professional conduct. It is unique for its small class size, rich course content, experienced instructors and awesome management who walk the tides with you and ensure that you come out as a fine product, ready made to hit the job market, change your career or advance your studies.

If I have the chance again, I will go back to Savvy Coders!!!

• Justin Lautz • Graduate

Savvy Coders is a fantastic way to get your foot in the door with coding, or build upon your existing knowledge. I went into this 11 week program with zero programing knowledge, and left with a strong foundation in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript with a focus on object oriented programming. The JavaScript portion of the course got pretty heavy into the single page web design idea which was the most challenging part of the course, but from what I understand, is a more progressive approach to building a web application / web site. I really enjoyed all my instructors and TA’s, and was pleasantly surprised on how much they focused on career and professional development towards the end of the course. It was more useful for some students than others, but a great addition to the curriculum none the less. Everything you will learn in the course will come together full circle in a Capstone Project and will be presented in a Demo Day which is the last “day” of class. Demo day was stressful but actually fun!

All I wanted out of this course was to get an idea of, not only if programming was for me, but if the tech culture as a whole fit my personality, and this course fit the bill perfectly – all the while not breaking the bank. My only criticism or suggested improvement would be to make sure all the instructors are aligned on how the content will be presented and taught to the students. The disconnect between the instructors made learning a bit more challenging then probably needed. Other than that, highly recommended!

• JOE • Graduate

As a part of my Savvy Coders course work. I have learned front end development tools like CSS and HTML as well as the more backend tools like JavaScript. I have worked independently on projects and have collaborated on group projects with the use of slack and GitHub for version control. I have had experience with HTML and CSS in college but we used Adobe Dreamweaver. Savvy coders is different! You are taught how to use the most up to date dev tools that will improve your workflow, thus making you savvy!

• Wonderful!
      - 1/31/2019
      Fabi Clubb

I am a recent Savvy Coders graduate and I can only say that taking this course was a great decision! I not only learned to code, but I met wonderful people. The teacher and the TAs did a great job. I am looking for a job at the moment, and even though I have already graduated, I am still getting great support from Savvy!

• A Great Choice!
      - 1/24/2019
      Jason Brown • IT Support Analyst • Graduate

I loved this class. I found taking the class through Savvy Coders to be extremely useful. I decided to make a career change and enter the world of Front End Web Development. Taking the Savvy Coders class taught me HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Before I took the class I had no knowledge of these, and after the class I was able to use them and build my own site! I would recommend this class to anyone who has ever thought about entering the world of Web Development.

• Feeling Savvy
      - 10/29/2018
      Daniel Catanzaro • Graduate

Before Savvy Coders, I had basically zero coding experience. The course starts with the basics of HTML and CSS, and then revs up the intensity with JavaScript. The teacher is incredibly knowledgeable and accommodates everyone from different learning backgrounds. The teaching assistants are always helpful and available to provide extra help, whether in person or online in the class Slack channel. The class goes beyond coding, too. They do a great job preparing you for a job, including resume and LinkedIn review, mock interviews, and preparation for  presenting your final project to potential employers. Even after the final class, they will still provide you with assistance. The class continues to grow in popularity, so the networking and job opportunities will also keep growing. In 10 weeks, I went from a complete web-development beginner to having a solid foundation on which to build.

• Allan C. • Student

I recommend this course for anyone interested in learning HTML, CSS and JavaScript. It is a little challenging but worth the effort in the end. The course teacher is very patient with beginners. After each class I left very satisfied and yearning for more.

Thank you Savvy Coders!!

• Megan Bond • Student

John's a patient instructor who takes the time to even attend local meet-ups in Chattanooga and help students outside of class.  The course was laid out well to provide a strong introduction, and it's a great introduction to coding-- economical and cost-effective.  Yay on all accounts.