Savvy Coders is a 12-week full stack web development coding boot camp in Chattanooga, Kansas City, St. Louis, and online. Savvy Coders provides its students with a firm foundation to become a Junior Full Stack Developer. Savvy Coders is a great option for beginners who want to learn or for those with coding skills that might need a refresher. Classes are held Monday through Thursday evenings, so students won’t have to give up their day job to attend the bootcamp. The bootcamp is taught by industry software developers, and the class size is kept small to ensure students receive one-on-one interaction with instructors.
Savvy Coders bootcamp is designed for complete novices. Applicants must submit an online application and then are interviewed by the admissions team. Scholarships are available. Interested students can attend a free crash course to get hands-on practice coding and to see if Savvy Coders would be a good fit. All students who do not know how to code complete a prerequisite class before the start of the bootcamp. For those incoming students with some coding experience, there is a refresher course.
Savvy Coders supports the goal of becoming a coder and provides information and introductions to partner companies both during the bootcamp and after. Graduates of the bootcamp receive a certificate of completion.
Recent Savvy Coders Reviews: Rating 4.85
Recent Savvy Coders News
Deposit $600 Tuition Plans 3 months, $600 per month
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Placement Test No Interview Yes
Savvy Coders Reviews
40 reviews sorted by:
- Worthwhile, and Great For Working People- 6/11/2018Andrew Roby • Business Intelligence Analyst • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via GitHub
I came into the course with some familiarity with programming concepts like like loops and flow control, but there was never a time that I felt like the pace was too slow. Like every boot camp, it requires a desire to dig in and actively research some of the material. However, the instructors are very helpful and responsive if you get stuck. The schedule (6-9 pm) is perfect for working people, and I was always jazzed to go to class. It's (currently) held at a great location (the CIC building, 4240 Duncan Ave) that has lots of networking events, which you're strongly encouraged to attend.
Even after graduation, instructors remained available for questions, and the cohort stayed in contact while we worked towards our demo day. There was certainly an effort to get employers in the door at the event, but Savvy Coders is still a relatively unknown program and turnout was so-so. There is no job guarantee upon graduation, but that's not to say there was a shortage of opportunity for the competent and motivated. Elaine (the founder) does a good job of passing along opportunities as they come to her. For my own part, I was happy in my current job and was satisfied with the number of connections I made at the demo day event.
The upshot: I'm super glad I took this boot camp, would do it again if I had to start all over, and would consider taking an advanced class if they offered one. That's the highest praise I can give.
- Just Awesome- 5/23/2018Jennifer Fisher • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis • Verified via LinkedIn
- Junior Web Developer- 9/9/2020Asma • Student • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. LouisI have been trying to start to code again and learn new languages for almost 1 year. However, I was not consistent with my effort, I am so happy I took the decision to contact Savvy Coders. Learning in a group kept me motivated and helped me to not fall off track on my coding goal, Savvy Coders helped me to step outside my comfort zone and get my hands dirty building actual application, now I found my capabilities and confidence as a developer.
- Gave me Confidence- 9/9/2020Trevon Allen • Technical Support • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. LouisThis Boot Camp was exactly the push I needed to becoming a full stack developer from the owner to the recruitment and preparation for finding a job after boot camp, they really prepare you for the career your pursuing in web development, enjoyed the process and time they invested in helping me get to where I am today.
- Perfect for an level of skill- 11/23/2019Nicholas LaChance • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
SavvyCoders is a great program to learn new and ever changing skills. This program is perfect for those who are new to programming, those who have never programmed, and those that would like to sharpen their skills.
I started SavvyCoders with a background in software as a hobby. After SavvyCoders I am 100% confident to apply for a job, continue research on my own (without getting lost), as well as having a group of individuals to go to for collaboration of ideas.
- Empowering and Cost-Effective- 7/24/2019Nowell Gata • Student • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
Attendance is mandatory. If you are new to software development, you must keep up and ask as precise of questions as possible OUTSIDE of class. Instructors use a LOT of industry slang. Learn from this.
If you are considering this boot camp, please note that doing the pre-coursework is highly recommended.
After going through this boot camp, I feel empowered and grateful for the knowledge and the network of the budding tech professionals from my cohort.
- The gateway to a proficient coding experience- 5/14/2019John Ogunyelere • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
Savvy Coders is a fantastic junior web developer camp here in St. Louis, with full hands-on technical skill training and professional conduct. It is unique for its small class size, rich course content, experienced instructors and awesome management who walk the tides with you and ensure that you come out as a fine product, ready made to hit the job market, change your career or advance your studies.
If I have the chance again, I will go back to Savvy Coders!!!
- Just what I needed!- 4/19/2019Justin Lautz • Graduate • Course: Front End Web Development • Campus: St. Louis
All I wanted out of this course was to get an idea of, not only if programming was for me, but if the tech culture as a whole fit my personality, and this course fit the bill perfectly – all the while not breaking the bank. My only criticism or suggested improvement would be to make sure all the instructors are aligned on how the content will be presented and taught to the students. The disconnect between the instructors made learning a bit more challenging then probably needed. Other than that, highly recommended!
- Savvy Coders can help!- 3/6/2019JOE • Graduate • Campus: St. Louis
- Wonderful!- 1/31/2019Fabi Clubb
I am a recent Savvy Coders graduate and I can only say that taking this course was a great decision! I not only learned to code, but I met wonderful people. The teacher and the TAs did a great job. I am looking for a job at the moment, and even though I have already graduated, I am still getting great support from Savvy!