rice-university-boot-camps-logo

Rice University Boot Camps

Houston

Rice University Boot Camps

Rice University Boot Camps offer a 12-week, full-time web development course, and 24-week, part-time, data analytics, cybersecurity, financial technology (FinTech), UX/UI, and digital marketing programs in Houston, Texas, and online. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data science curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript charting (D3.js, Leaflet.js), HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The FinTech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more, with in-person and online options.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training you in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. You will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Keyword Planner, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, and Facebook Insights.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Rice University Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skillset.

Students will have access to a range of career services including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from Rice University’s Susanne M. Glasscock School of Continuing Studies. Those who complete the program will have first-hand experience in cyber and network security in our cybersecurity program or a strong portfolio of applications and projects in our coding, data analytics, fintech, or digital marketing programs to display their proficiency.

Rice University Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Rice University Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (6) reviews for Rice University Boot Camps →

Recent Rice University Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationHouston
      At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationHouston
      This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

HTML, Digital Marketing, Product Management, CSS, SEO
      LocationHouston
      Rice University Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a hands-on approach to learning digital advertising, web analytics and design, content marketing, and more. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Keyword Planner, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, and Facebook Insights.
    • Financial Technology (Online) - Part-Time

Excel, Algorithms, Crypocurrency, SQL, Python, Machine Learning, Blockchain
      LocationHouston
      Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend classes. Gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
    • Financial Technology - Part-Time

Excel, Algorithms, Python, Machine Learning, Blockchain
      LocationHouston
      Get hands-on training and instruction in Financial Technology and Analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your work or college schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, only two days a week, with convenient evening and weekend hours. Students have access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
    • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
      LocationHouston
      Rice University Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
    • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, User Experience Design, CSS
      LocationHouston
      Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend classes. Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.

• $500 Rice University Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Rice University Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Houston)
    • Anthony Nnajiofor  User Photo
      Anthony Nnajiofor • IT Support Specialist • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I decided to pursue the Cybersecurity career path because it is the future. Information Technology is the new "Age" of the world and I believe that Cybersecurity is its future. I have always had a fascination, passion and devotion to Information Technology (IT). This is made obvious by my standing 20 years of experience (professional and otherwise). This mindset drives my commitment to this career path and I am working towards leaving a legacy in the IT world.

I applied to the Rice University Cybersecurity Boot Camp for three major reasons: 1. Cybersecurity Skills Acquisition (which will enable me work and walk my career path); 2. A prestigious institution that will ensure I acquire said skills and equally prepare me on this career path with professional services (Rice University exceeds my expectations).

Taking this course in Rice University has been nothing short of a blessing and I intend to take optimum advantage of this opportunity. My experience so far has been satisfactory (and so much more) in the various interesting aspects that make up this Boot Camp. Although my favorite aspect will always remain the Homework and Re-Doing all the activities done in class. Rice University platform offers resources in various platforms such as videos, online reading materials and communities that broaden my knowledge on Cybersecurity. I will definitely refer this glorious and prestigious institution to anyone who wants to further their knowledge on any course or subject.

Finally, my advice to any potential student to achieve success will be: Commit, Devote, Be Prepared and Assimilate. This course is the future and Rice University gets you 100% ready to tackle it.

I am glad I enrolled into the Rice University Boot Camp for Cybersecurity. It was my 2019 best decision by far.

Thank you.

Friday, Jan 17 2020
      Thank you for sharing your program experience, Anthony! We're thrilled you decided to further your career and chose our program to make this transition.

It's great to know you're enjoying the course material and homework assignments as well as utilizing all the resources the boot camp has to offer. Great advice for prospective students—you will need to be truly committed in order to be successful.

We appreciate your feedback thus far and are looking forward to helping you finish out the course!
    • Data Analytics
      - 8/6/2019
      Olutomiwa Oloyede  User Photo
      Olutomiwa Oloyede • Financial Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I came in to the course just seeking knowledge that can propel me to the next level in my career; However, I earned a whole lot more. I learned how to code, I learned how to learn and how to teach. I developed empathy and team work skills while working on projects with people from the most diverse of Backgrounds.

Two months into the course, I landed a job in a fortune 500 company and I have been able to put what I have learnt to good use. Although the pace of the course is very fast, Students need to understand that you get what you put in. The amount of sleepless nights will definitely be worth it eventually. Might I add that when I started this course I had zero coding experience apart from using Excel, but now I develop apps and systems from scratch and I have this burning desire to help people.

The instructor had a very obvious passion for teaching and imparting knowledge and a very impressive knowledge about all subject matters taught during the class.

I can confidently say that I came out of the program an all round better person I went in.

Thank you Rice Data Analytics Bootcamp

Tuesday, Aug 06 2019
      Way to go, Olutomiwa! We're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of data analytics and visualization. Like you noted, this program will require prospective learners to commit extensive hours both inside and outside of the classroom to master the material, so we commend all your hard work. Our boot camp team is passionate about enabling student success, so we're thrilled you benefited from their support and knowledge. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! We appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best.
    • Phenomenal!
      - 7/22/2019
      Doug F Newsom  User Photo
      Doug F Newsom • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Through reading an excellent review article on the front page of the "Houston Chronicle" business section, I first learned about the Rice University Data Analytics and Visualization Boot Camp.  The number of technical skills which could be acquired in the course was very impressive.  Having this course offered at Rice University played a major factor in my final decision to enroll.

From my first day of class, the high caliber of the instructional and support staff was quite evident.  Cam Kirkland served as the lead instructor and had a real passion for teaching.  He truly wanted each student to succeed in their professional pursuits.  I will always remember his motivating words to our class,  “We’re not here to be mediocre, we are here for excellence.”

One of my favorite aspects of the course was working on real-world group projects in a collaborative environment (integrating Git/GitHub along with Slack).  Each project was extremely challenging, especially with the tight deadlines.  Without a doubt, Rice opened many doors for me while researching my group projects.  This included meetings with a professor, lawyer, city council member, movie director, and the county flood control district.

The final project presentation on the last day of class proved to be incredibly rewarding for me. The boot camp gave me the confidence to use data science terminology and methods known by professionals which has greatly enhanced my marketability.  I also developed a great comradery with my new network of fellow classmates.  If you are interested in attending Rice University for a boot camp, please give it your fullest consideration – you will not be disappointed!

Monday, Jul 22 2019
      Amazing, Doug! We're thrilled you found our instructional team to be supportive and knowledgeable—we also think Cam is pretty fantastic. We strive to provide students with as many collaborative learning opportunities as possible, so it's great to hear you enjoyed working on group projects. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! We are rooting you on as you move forward.
    • Chandni Alexander  User Photo
      Chandni Alexander • Application Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

One word for my experience- “Amazing”. Amazing teaching staff and amazing curriculum!

Initially I was a little skeptical about joining a bootcamp because of the intense nature of the curriculum that comes along with it. Would I be able to do it? With 2 young kids and 5-day job, will I be able to give my focus on it? I was wrong, it turned out to be just the opposite. You actually get used to the pace and the flow. I come from a healthcare industry and work with a lot of applications ranging from clinical to business and facilities. Information security is a very crucial part while implementing these systems, so I gained a lot of curiosity doing them. Being PCI, HIPAA or PHI compliant made so much more sense while at Rice University cybersecurity bootcamp. I have been applying what I learn from the sessions at my work on a daily basis. Be it creating simple Python programs to automate tasks or making sure only certain ports are opened in a firewall or checking if my web applications are vulnerable or just as simple as access management have helped me tremendously at my current workplace. You learn a lot from this bootcamp. The instructors and teaching assistants have been helping with curriculum as well as giving away general tips on perfecting yourself for the real-world scenario. My biggest suggestion for everyone doing this bootcamp is to collaborate with your co-students, it helps you brainstorm ideas, give a different perspective or outlook and can really extend your knowledge on a topic. Ask questions and don’t be afraid to do so. I am only halfway through this camp but already feel excited to get into the security side. The only thing I wish this bootcamp had was a real hacker come in to do a session to actually see how a criminal mind works and share their personal experience or the list of vulnerabilities they see that auditors don’t. Saying that, I won’t deny the fact that you learn a lot from this bootcamp from Linux administration, Burpsuite, Python programming, Metasploit, SIEM, Wireshark to much more and overall it was the best decision I made in my recent years.

Friday, Jun 28 2019
      Thank you for sharing your program experience, Chandni! We know it takes real commitment to balance life and the intensive pace of the boot camp, so we commend all the hard work you put in!
      It's great to hear you've been applying your newfound skills in your current role and found our instructional team to be supportive. Great advice for prospective students—collaborating with other classmates and asking questions can help you better understand the complex course material. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all your future endeavors!
    • Cybersecurity
      - 1/9/2020
      Richard Kuo • Graduate

I initially saw the advertisement for the Rice Cybersecurity Boot Camp on Facebook.  Looking for a career change, this advertisement caught my attention.  2 weeks later, my bestfriend texted me the link to this and asked, "What are you waiting for?"  I submitted an application online and was contacted by a career counselor.  I completed what I needed and was enrolled in the next class.

I was nervous and anxious since I had not been in a school setting for twenty years.  The classwork was intense.  The curriculum was carefully set up and I learned a lot in such a short amount of time.  I spent much time on course material and the assignments were very long.  It raised my confidence level because of the amount of material I was actually learning.

My advice to other students is prepare to learn a lot.  As long as you put in the work and are some what organized, you will find this Bootcamp rewarding.

Friday, Jan 10 2020
      Amazing, Richard! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and gained confidence in your new skills.

Great advice for potential students—as long as you put in the work, you will find the journey rewarding. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
    • John Hawkins

After a 20 year career in Oil and Gas, I wanted to supplement my knowledge with some Data Analytics experience.  I explored various masters programs and online learning.  I felt the master's programs were too much of a time and financial commitment for what I wanted at this time.  I discovered the Rice Analytics Boot Camp program and decided the 6 months fast-paced format would work well to achieve my goals.

The program is advertised as fast-paced and a real boot camp format.  This is very true.  At times it seems the pace is very quick and hard to keep up with.  But having said that, I think that is one of the benefits, you will be exposed to a lot of various programming, database, data visualization techniques, and platforms so this allows you to dive in where you find an interest or move on without getting bogged down in an area that is not of value to you.

My advice to anybody considering the program, make sure you can dedicate time out of class to studying and completing assignments.  The class sessions will give you enough to get started but to understand what you are doing you need to spend the time outside of the classroom to understand it.

Wednesday, Aug 28 2019
      We appreciate your review, John! We're thrilled you chose our program to make a successful career transition. Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced course, one that will require prospective students to dedicate extensive time both during and outside of class to master the curriculum—this is great advice and we appreciate your insight. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on moving forward!