MIT xPro Bootcamp
MIT xPro offers a 32-week, online Professional Certificate in Coding: Full Stack Development with MERN bootcamp. The bootcamp requires a time commitment of 15-20 hours per week. Bootcamp students will learn to build, test, and deploy web applications using the MERN stack and APIs, and learn how to set up continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines to deploy a React application. Students develop a GitHub portfolio of their work to present to potential employers.
No prerequisites are required to apply for the MIT xPro Full Stack Development with MERN bootcamp, but a capacity for technical concepts is recommended.
This program includes video lectures and coding demos from MIT faculty, personalized feedback on assignments and projects, mentorship from experienced industry professionals, and career coaching during and after the program. Bootcamp students will also receive soft skill instruction, including personal brand building, understanding the roles and workflow of Agile development, and how to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
MIT xPro Full Stack Development with MERN bootcamp is graded as pass/fail. Students who receive at least 75% cumulatively will receive a verified digital certificate of completion from MIT xPro. Financing options including deferred payments may be available.
MIT xPro Professional Certificate in Coding: Full Stack Development with MERN bootcamp is powered by Emeritus.
Recent MIT xPro Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.5
Recent MIT xPro Bootcamp News
Start Date None scheduled Cost $6,950 Class size N/A Location OnlineBootcamp students will learn to build, test, and deploy web applications using the MERN stack and APIs, build, test, and deploy a front end web application using React, and to set up continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines to deploy a React application. Students develop a GitHub portfolio of their work to present to potential employers.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partners: SkillsFund, SallieMae, Eduvanz
Installment plans available
Minimum Skill Level No previous experience required to apply, but a capacity for technical concepts is recommended Placement Test No Interview No
MIT xPro Bootcamp Reviews
9 reviews sorted by:
- Flexible, Affordable and Comprehensive- 6/15/2021Morgan M • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubThis course has been a game-changer for me. I've been curious about coding and after doing lessons on Khan Academy, I decided to take the plunge into a boot camp program. I looked at quite a few different options, but this one stood out to me for a few reasons.
First, the schedule is flexible enough to manage with an unusual work hours. You work at your own pace with new content each week, and the QA board and office hours allow you to ask questions and get feedback. Second, the cost was surprisingly affordable compared to my local universities, and payment plans are also offered. Lastly, MIT is a big name in STEM schools, and it shows in the curriculum. If you want a school that's got some weight behind it and aren't afraid of a challenge, this program is a good choice for you.
For those who are interested, I would highly suggest reviewing the core concepts prior to enrollment because it can be overwhelming and some concepts are very abstract if you don't have a background in it. But overall, I believe this course can provide the necessary skills to thrive in a development environment.
- Good place to start- 6/18/2021Ivy • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: OnlineComing from customer service and retail, I had my try at self learning from other free online materials. This bootcamp has been a good stepping stone into learning software development. Difficulty may depend on personal interests and learning style but overall not too difficult that you can't make it. Instructors are there to help and class size is great for networking. Overall, glad I chose this bootcamp over my other choices.
- MIT xPRO- 6/14/2021Josh • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: OnlineI choose this bootcamp for the name recognition of MIT, the broad coverage of the curriculum content, and the reasonable price tag. I could hardly be happier. The content is current, organized effectively, and the lessons are structured in such a way that you you don’t spend the whole time doing a ‘code-along’, but instead understand the problems you are solving as new technologies are introduced.
Before this course, I tried to learn the cornerstone web technologies, HTML/CSS/JS independently and struggled to really comprehend web development. Im the first two weeks this course taught me how to use these technologies in concert to finally get everything necessary for this cornerstone of foundational knowledge.
I find my fellow students to be extremely engaging in slack/discord chats to work through problems and help troubleshoot when there is an issue for the individual learner. However, the program support and learning facilitators are on top of their game and give comprehensive answers to student question, including why the challenges presented are constructed the way they are. Speaking of the learning facilitators, I responded to one of the weekly surveys expressing my discouragement that I didn’t feel as if a particular week gave me enough to work on as I finished the content extremely quickly. Assuming the surveys were being skimmed for data and not actually read, I thought that maybe the issue I brought up would be ignored. However, I received a direct message from one of the learning facilitators who offered me additional material and supplementary things to study. He even ended up offering me quite a bit of guidance/feedback on a project I put together to help reinforce the concepts I learned in the class. The only downside I’m experiencing is that the program is not self paced and is targeted to those not trying to study full time, ideally working a full-time job concurrently with the course. However, the 32-weeks of steady pacing in the course helps to reinforce the concepts without progressing before comprehension is achieved.
- Great program - highly recommend!- 4/28/2021Robert Konigsberg • Former management consultant • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: OnlineI'm currently enrolled in the Full Stack Web Development certificate program, almost halfway through.
I have a background in engineering and business, but had not coded for ~3 years before starting.
The program has impressed me thoroughly thus far. The curriculum is thorough and practical - I talk with current web developers and have found that what I'm learning is sometimes more advanced than what they frequently do.
I also appreciate how the course is structured, and that at the end I'll have a github with many valuable projects.
If you enjoy remote learning and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty (every once in a while I have to use Google to solve an issue I'm facing), I'd highly recommend this program.
- Full Stack with METN Professional Certificate- 4/23/2021Sam Clark • Student • Campus: OnlineI am currently enrolled in MIT x Pro Full Stack with MERN and am loving it! This is my first extensive course on coding and it is a challenging yet very well put together course with support and video learning! I think it is well worth the initial investment and can help you learn valuable skills to transfer to a future employer!
- Professional Certificate in Coding- 4/14/2021Cah • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: OnlineThis course is meant to provide enough learning experience to walk away as a full-stack developer. I am about 1/3 of the way through so far, and I will say I have learned a ton. I was a beginner at coding and took it upon myself to learn some of the basics beforehand. I would definitely recommend this if starting from scratch. They will give you lots of outside resources to reference and use throughout, USE THEM! You just can't get all the information you need just from the videos. Make friends with other students too, make groups and use them for help and ideas. There is a ton of information here, but you will need to do outside studying to fully understand it.
- MIT xPro Bootcamp- 4/27/2021Anonymous • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: OnlineOverall, this bootcamp has shown the concepts that are important using the mern stack, but there is a lot of information that is not explained very well and the students are expected to tackle problems that are quite challenging. For those with prior experience to coding, this bootcamp is great, but with none before, I would suggest a different one.