MIT xPro Bootcamp
MIT xPro offers a 32-week, online Professional Certificate in Coding: Full Stack Development with MERN bootcamp. The bootcamp requires a time commitment of 15-20 hours per week. Bootcamp students will learn to build, test, and deploy web applications using the MERN stack and APIs, and learn how to set up continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines to deploy a React application. Students develop a GitHub portfolio of their work to present to potential employers.
No prerequisites are required to apply for the MIT xPro Full Stack Development with MERN bootcamp, but a capacity for technical concepts is recommended.
This program includes video lectures and coding demos from MIT faculty, personalized feedback on assignments and projects, mentorship from experienced industry professionals, and career coaching during and after the program. Bootcamp students will also receive soft skill instruction, including personal brand building, understanding the roles and workflow of Agile development, and how to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
MIT xPro Full Stack Development with MERN bootcamp is graded as pass/fail. Students who receive at least 75% cumulatively will receive a verified digital certificate of completion from MIT xPro. Financing options including deferred payments may be available.
MIT xPro Professional Certificate in Coding: Full Stack Development with MERN bootcamp is powered by Emeritus.
Recent MIT xPro Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.57
Recent MIT xPro Bootcamp News
OnlineFull Time35 Hours/week17 Weeks
Start Date October 13, 2021 Cost $9,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineFor over two decades, technology has been changing what organizations look like and how they do business. Across countries, industries, and organizational functions, the impact of digitalization has been immense. However, after 2020 and the global pandemic, there is no doubt now that the future will be driven in a big way by software and coding. Earlier, organizations were waking up to the need to hire web developers, software engineers, and other technology workers to eventually digitalize their organizations. Today, firms are looking to hire many skilled coders to leverage the power of technology for continued business relevance and profitability. One of the most sought-after roles is that of a full stack developer. These coders handle entire product buildouts, including development on software that the client interacts with (front end) and the coding and structuring related to servers (back end). Full stack developers deliver value, agility, and flexibility to an organization’s infrastructure. Previously, developers worried about industry trends and graduating on time to meet them. After 2020, given the surge of positions, the only obstacle to getting hired is the time taken to qualify. With the accelerated MIT xPRO online learning program, this is no longer an issue. The MIT xPRO Professional Certificate in Coding is an immersive full stack coding program offering personalized feedback, live daily office hours with course leaders, and the opportunity to develop a GitHub portfolio for potential employers. MIT xPRO’s online learning programs showcase industry-aligned content from world-renowned experts to make learning accessible anytime, anywhere and solve this challenge for developing technical professionals. The programs combine exclusive content from MIT’s world-renowned faculty with tailored support and hands-on learning activities. MIT xPRO is collaborating with online education provider Emeritus to deliver this online course through a dynamic, interactive, digital learning platform. This course leverages MIT xPRO's thought leadership in engineering and management practice developed over years of research, teaching, and practice.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
More Start DatesOctober 13, 2021 - Online
- Penetration Testing, Network Security, Machine Learning, Ethical Hacking, Cryptography, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA A+
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date September 09, 2021 Cost $6,950 Class size N/A Location OnlineCyberattacks are becoming more frequent, complex, and targeted, collectively costing organizations billions of dollars every year. This is why cybersecurity is one of the fastest growing industries in the U.S. as every year more companies and government agencies are seeking to hire cybersecurity engineers with the specialized technical skills needed to defend mission-critical computer systems, networks, cloud applications, and more against cyberattacks. Now there's an easier way to acquire this versatile skill set that so many employers are seeking. Enroll today in the MIT xPRO Professional Certificate in Cybersecurity program, which focuses on both the defensive and offensive aspects of the technology. It also includes personalized feedback from course leaders, insights from guest speakers, career coaching, mentorship, and the opportunity to create a capstone network development project for a job portfolio.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partners available, including Ascent, Sallie Mae, and others Tuition Plans Installment Plans Loan Financing
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
More Start DatesSeptember 09, 2021 - OnlineNovember 17, 2021 - Online
- SQL, Spark, Python, MySQL, Hadoop, GitHub, Data Engineering, Cloud Computing
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week26 Weeks
Start Date September 28, 2021 Cost $6,950 Class size N/A Location OnlineAs data grows even more integral to business, it’s easy to see why data engineer was ranked as the fastest growing tech occupation in 2020. The need for data engineers who can build out the infrastructure necessary to put data to work is intensifying, and the MIT xPRO Professional Certificate in Data Engineering can help you meet this demand with job-ready data engineering skills that offer a competitive edge in the marketplace. The MIT xPRO Professional Certificate in Data Engineering is an immersive 6–month program that’s designed to provide job-ready, in-demand data engineering skills and a competitive edge in the marketplace. Through an exploration of core concepts, tools, techniques and best practices, participants will learn data engineering essentials, from building an effective data architecture and data warehouses to designing data models, streamlining data processing, automating data pipelines, data wrangling, and big data engineering. They can also take advantage of personalized feedback, live weekly office hours with course leaders, and the opportunity to develop a GitHub portfolio for potential employers.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partners available including Ascent, Sallie Mae, and Knoma (UK) Tuition Plans Monthly Installment Plans Available
Minimum Skill Level Programming experience recommended Placement Test No Interview No
More Start DatesSeptember 28, 2021 - Online
Start Date None scheduled Cost $6,950 Class size N/A Location OnlineBootcamp students will learn to build, test, and deploy web applications using the MERN stack and APIs, build, test, and deploy a front end web application using React, and to set up continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines to deploy a React application. Students develop a GitHub portfolio of their work to present to potential employers.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partners: SkillsFund, SallieMae, Eduvanz
Installment plans available
Minimum Skill Level No previous experience required to apply, but a capacity for technical concepts is recommended Placement Test No Interview No
MIT xPro Bootcamp Reviews
14 reviews sorted by:
- Miriam Bade • Prod Support / App Developer • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI would describe this Bootcamp as a: some knowledge and self-taught Bootcamp.
Professionally, I have a degree in BS Computer Science and I've been a software engineer for over a decade, focusing more on technologies like Java.
I decided to take this Bootcamp because I wanted to learn new technologies and I wanted to force myself to complete it but I would say that even though it is described as a 0 experience/knowledge needed if you have some experience or knowledge it would be the best because a lot of the information is left out so you can research it and if you have no clue what to look for, it could be really frustrating.
On the positive side, modules are pretty interesting and they have slack groups where you get to meet and work with your classmates so you can also start building teamwork skills that are needed in the real world.
Finally, they also have some sessions to help you to find jobs and how to get better at interviews so that can be useful for those ones looking for a change in their careers.
- Great curriculum, good support, very flexible- 8/20/2021James • Sales Manager • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubThe program gives a strong foundation to become a full-stack developer starting with no experience in the subject. If you put the time & effort, study the lessons and the additional materials, attend to the live office hours, engage with your classmates & facilitators, and practice what you've learned, you really acquire the skills and knowledge to create great websites/apps
- Tsidi Dawson • Client Service Manager • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubSo in January this year, I started researching about which industries had more jobs than the right candidates to fill the positions.
Coding came up tops so I begun another research on the best institutions to learn how to code. Two days after I had started my search, I started seeing banner adverts of this course on social media. I scheduled a call with a course advisor who was so helpful and answered my questions in great detail. I joined the live information session on this course and after reading on the course instructors and what they have achieved in the coding fraternity, I immediately knew i wanted to study at MiT.
The course is very demanding, It's designed in a way that makes you do a lot of research on the curriculum. The course work requires between 15-20 hours per week to complete. There are weekly assignments and quizzes which must be submitted in order to complete the course work for the week.
The course is in three parts, the first part is web development which teaches how to layout a website, design it and create a logic for the site. At the end of each part, there's a project that every student must complete as part of the course work. The projects helps you practice what you've been taught.
The Next Tech platform which is a program we use to submit coding assignments is very opinionated and often leaves you frustrated when its not accepting your code. DO NOT GET FRUSTRATED, if you follow the instructions, next tech will accept the code for submission.
The best part of this bootcamp for me is the learning facilitators. Three facilitators meet with students 3 times a week at different times. The learning facilitators are so helpful and take their time to explain the concepts. They are like our number one fans and always look out for us. They have Q&A's during their office hours, interact with students on the course platform and are quick to reply emails.
I'm 20 weeks into this course and though I know I have a lot of learning to do in the area of coding, I often look back and realise how much I have learned about coding. The course also provides mentoring services for its students, as well us prepare you for your job search.
If you are a self learner, this is the course for you.
- GIULIA • Shipbroker • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis course is highly professional. I like about having quizzes and guided exercises to work on throughout each module. Professors explain in a practical way, working also on practical examples/exercises. I find also the support/facilitators system working perfectly and giving full and quick support to all students whenever it's needed. Plus, there's plently of office hours videos, where learning facilitators take you through some exercises and some particular coding situatrions/cases.
- Full Stack program with MERN- 7/8/2021Varsha Khare • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInWhen I was planning to join this boot camp, i was littile hesitant since I had a very littile Expierence in coding but faculty, office hours and course material definitely made it easy to learn and grow in this program. I highly recommend this program to with no coding background people too. They teach from basics and slowly everything will stay making sense.
- Flexible, Affordable and Comprehensive- 6/15/2021Morgan M • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubThis course has been a game-changer for me. I've been curious about coding and after doing lessons on Khan Academy, I decided to take the plunge into a boot camp program. I looked at quite a few different options, but this one stood out to me for a few reasons.
First, the schedule is flexible enough to manage with an unusual work hours. You work at your own pace with new content each week, and the QA board and office hours allow you to ask questions and get feedback. Second, the cost was surprisingly affordable compared to my local universities, and payment plans are also offered. Lastly, MIT is a big name in STEM schools, and it shows in the curriculum. If you want a school that's got some weight behind it and aren't afraid of a challenge, this program is a good choice for you.
For those who are interested, I would highly suggest reviewing the core concepts prior to enrollment because it can be overwhelming and some concepts are very abstract if you don't have a background in it. But overall, I believe this course can provide the necessary skills to thrive in a development environment.
- Gabriel Barnes • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: OnlineThis program is highly professional and organized. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with the program so far. I'm looking forward to my time left prior to graduation. All of the staff and faculty are very nice and helpful. If you're looking to get into Web Development, I would highly recommend this program!
- Good place to start- 6/17/2021Ivy • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: OnlineComing from customer service and retail, I had my try at self learning from other free online materials. This bootcamp has been a good stepping stone into learning software development. Difficulty may depend on personal interests and learning style but overall not too difficult that you can't make it. Instructors are there to help and class size is great for networking. Overall, glad I chose this bootcamp over my other choices.
- MIT xPRO- 6/14/2021Josh • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: OnlineI choose this bootcamp for the name recognition of MIT, the broad coverage of the curriculum content, and the reasonable price tag. I could hardly be happier. The content is current, organized effectively, and the lessons are structured in such a way that you you don’t spend the whole time doing a ‘code-along’, but instead understand the problems you are solving as new technologies are introduced.
Before this course, I tried to learn the cornerstone web technologies, HTML/CSS/JS independently and struggled to really comprehend web development. Im the first two weeks this course taught me how to use these technologies in concert to finally get everything necessary for this cornerstone of foundational knowledge.
I find my fellow students to be extremely engaging in slack/discord chats to work through problems and help troubleshoot when there is an issue for the individual learner. However, the program support and learning facilitators are on top of their game and give comprehensive answers to student question, including why the challenges presented are constructed the way they are. Speaking of the learning facilitators, I responded to one of the weekly surveys expressing my discouragement that I didn’t feel as if a particular week gave me enough to work on as I finished the content extremely quickly. Assuming the surveys were being skimmed for data and not actually read, I thought that maybe the issue I brought up would be ignored. However, I received a direct message from one of the learning facilitators who offered me additional material and supplementary things to study. He even ended up offering me quite a bit of guidance/feedback on a project I put together to help reinforce the concepts I learned in the class. The only downside I’m experiencing is that the program is not self paced and is targeted to those not trying to study full time, ideally working a full-time job concurrently with the course. However, the 32-weeks of steady pacing in the course helps to reinforce the concepts without progressing before comprehension is achieved.
- Great program - highly recommend!- 4/28/2021Robert Konigsberg • Former management consultant • Student • Course: Professional Certificate in Full Stack Development • Campus: OnlineI'm currently enrolled in the Full Stack Web Development certificate program, almost halfway through.
I have a background in engineering and business, but had not coded for ~3 years before starting.
The program has impressed me thoroughly thus far. The curriculum is thorough and practical - I talk with current web developers and have found that what I'm learning is sometimes more advanced than what they frequently do.
I also appreciate how the course is structured, and that at the end I'll have a github with many valuable projects.
If you enjoy remote learning and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty (every once in a while I have to use Google to solve an issue I'm facing), I'd highly recommend this program.
- Full Stack with METN Professional Certificate- 4/23/2021Sam Clark • Student • Campus: OnlineI am currently enrolled in MIT x Pro Full Stack with MERN and am loving it! This is my first extensive course on coding and it is a challenging yet very well put together course with support and video learning! I think it is well worth the initial investment and can help you learn valuable skills to transfer to a future employer!