mayden-academy-logo

Mayden Academy

Bath

Mayden Academy

Mayden Academy is a 16-week, full-time full-stack coding bootcamp in Bath, England. Mayden Academy is offered by Mayden, a fast-growing software development company creating cutting-edge web applications, bespoke systems, and cloud-based solutions for healthcare. The bootcamp curriculum is designed to prepare students for a junior developer role with the option of allowing students to also take individual modules at their own pace. Students will be able to learn directly from experienced professional software developers and trainers, as coursework is created in-house at Mayden. There is no coding experience required to attend Mayden Academy, and classes sizes offer an intimate learning experience with an average of 8 students. Mayden Academy is focused on attracting students with a strong work ethic and enthusiasm.

Recent Mayden Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (36) reviews for Mayden Academy →

Recent Mayden Academy News

• The Full Stack Track

Start Date January 6, 2020
      Cost£8,000
      LocationBath
      Students will learn the fundamentals of coding, software design and project management.
      DepositOptional £150 refundable deposit for the use of a MacBook Pro
      Interest free finance is available via EdAid. Borrow up to 100% of the course fee and pay it back only once you start earning in your new software developer role.
      ScholarshipA scholarship for financial assistance for those underrepresented in the tech industry is available.
      Prep Work5-10 hour basic introduction to programming prep course provided to all successful applicants before joining the programme.
      January 6, 2020 - Bath Apply by December 13, 2019
      February 24, 2020 - Bath Apply by February 10, 2020
      June 15, 2020 - Bath Apply by June 3, 2020
      July 6, 2020 - Bath Apply by June 24, 2020

• Highly recommended
      - 6/10/2019
      Kate Starks  User Photo
      Kate Starks • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I started Mayden Academy having never written a line of code and I now have a portfolio of projects to show off my skills. At Mayden Academy they start at the beginning and they build on what you learn week-by-week so don't let no experience of coding put you off. The learning is extremely intensive but the trainers; Mike, Charlie and Sam, alter the pace of the course to meet the needs of students - and to make sure that no-one gets left behind.

Setting the teams up as close to workplace development teams as they can gives you really good practical experience, not only in developer tools like git, but also in working together to complete the projects. You'll become a certified scrum master and get the chance to practice those skills in project week. Working in teams is great since we all brought something different to the team and could learn from each other.

Even if you have only just started considering a coding bootcamp and you aren't sure yet, sign up for one of their taster sessions to give you a sense of whether coding is for you. If you aren't sure because you don't know whether you can do it take their assessment - if you can pass that and you are deternined you will complete the course and be on your way to becoming a Full Stack Developer in 16 weeks, which is pretty incredible!

• Best choice ever!
      - 6/10/2019
      Alessandro Corrá  User Photo
      Alessandro Corrá • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I joined Mayden Academy after 10 years spent in a non-tech industry and 1 year just only to convinced myself that was time for a career change. Now, after the course, if I could go back it won't need 1 year to decide but probably only 1 hour!

It was the best choice of my life, a necessary step to realize dreams and change my lifestyle. It wasn't easy, but thanks to the excellent competence and preparation of the instructors now I have a solid knowledge that allows me to be able to look for a highly qualified job.

And you.... what are you waiting for?!

• Aldo Fiore  User Photo
      Aldo Fiore • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I was a little bit skeptical with boot camps at the start. I thought that they will be just a way to make money for a company, teaching just a little bit of what you need and throwing you out to find a job. But after I attended Mayden Academy, I have to say, I am convinced!

Coming from a completely different work environment, I decided to change my life and have a more stable situation where I could build a future. After looking at what I wanted to do, I came across Mayden Academy, and I wanted to give it a try. I attended the taster session where they show you what it is that they do with a mini-game. Just after this, I was convinced to participate, as I remembered why I liked coding in high school.

The 16 weeks were one of the best time of my life. Bouncing between theory week, where our trainers were guiding us through new content, and project week, a reproduction of a real project, the time went incredibly fast and I enjoyed every moment of it. From the struggle during projects to get things done, the concepts that had to be repeated a thousand times to the morning where the trainers cooked pancakes for us. We learned a lot of industry standard, best practices and ways to solve problems that are common in companies nowadays.

Another plus point that the academy has is the fact that you around other people that want to do the same thing that you want, trying to achieve the same goal. You create awesome friendships and build a group environment that just makes it so much easier to wake up in the morning to go to "school"!

But this is just an introduction, the best part comes at the end. When we were at the end of our course, the Academy gave us full support in the job hunting process, build of our CVs and preparation of interviews. They are incredibly supportive, giving us a lot of advice on what to do when the school has finished, how to prepare for the real world and setting an example for others. Just to give an example, as part of the last few weeks of the course, they prepare a night with the hiring partners of the Academy (yes, they have hiring partners and a lot of them) and they will introduce you to each one of them, to give you practice for interviews and so on. You might end up with an interview or a job after this! A big thank you to Charlie, Mike, and Sam for everything you have done for us!

I can't stop recommending the Academy! If you want to get into coding, this is probably the best place to go. You don't need any experience, book or tool because they will provide everything for you! They will guide you during the course and then they will introduce you to the real world, ready to become a developer.

• Liliya Voevodina  User Photo
      Liliya Voevodina • Junior web application engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

It's exactly how i felt until my bot camp started - i was scared. I think, everyone from the academy have heard this story, but i repeat myself. I was seriously thinking of cancelling everything and just go back to my "comfort" zone. The idea of borrowing money for a coding course which is 4 months only looked just insane. And this website was the first i came to when i wanted to get some confidence in making my decision. I even told mysel - Liliya, this reviews can't be real, people sound just too happy, someone payed them for reviews. And i still did it. And i am now just too happy...but real :)

The course is designed perfect for those who never wrote or read a single line of code. You start with something superdifficult ad then in couple of weeks you look back and think - oh that was so easy. And in couple of months you remember your first week and simply can't believe how far you've moved. Each module contains a heavy theory which is been immediately put in a parctice. Lot's of excersises, challenges and a project weeks make you use what you've learned and learn even more. So much more. Practicing part during the entire course is what actually makes you see how you're becoming a developer. And it makes your portfolio, so when you finish the course, your CV will have plenty of beautiful projects.

You will be learning best practices and a high industry standarts. You will learn what is needed to get a job. And you will have a lot of help. A LOT! Be prepared to get some moments of frustration because coding is difficult. Make sure you ask hundreds of questions. And trust Mike,  Charlie and Sam. They just know what they do. They will make you laugh all the time but they will teach you very seriously and very confident. I was Mikes student and there's nothing he can't explain or help you with.

And there is a significant help with getting a new job. No promises, but Mayden Academy helps a lot by introducing students to nearly 30 hiring partners which know exactly what  their level is and which are ready to invest in a junior developer. I signed a contract with my new employer a week before the end of the course. And no, no one payed to me for this review, it's all real

• Matt Tapley  User Photo
      Matt Tapley • Junior Developer and 2nd Line Support • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I applied for the full-stack track at Mayden Academy after a family member had taken the course and raved about it.

Now I'd spent the last 18 odd years working in restaurants and bars, which is a very untechnical industry, and was understandably nervous about stepping into a new career so vastly different from anything I had previously known, with little to no experience of the tech world and being well beyond the age of the regular student.

But immediately after starting the course I realised I had made an excellent choice. The guys running the course are exemplary teachers with expert knowledge on a very broad curriculum.

The course in itself is geared towards training you to be an employable, productive member of a development team from the moment you start your first job.

Over the course of a very intensive, and incredibly fun 4 months, myself and the other students learnt everything from the basics, like html and css for building a simple web page, to really cool concepts with regards to programming like oop (object oriented programming) and the principles key to writing code that employers (and other developers) look for in a developer, with focus on php, javascript, their frameworks, using different types of databases, and I could go on. And on!

Another big factor in standing out is the way in which you learn during the time there. The course is split into modules consisting of theory and projects where your team works in a way that reflects how a real development team works, thus preparing you for the real world and making sure you're ready and confident once you leave the relative safety of the course and go out to write code in the wild.

On top of that Mayden is associated with a wealth of really cool hiring partners, all totally engaged in the process, and many regularly come along to project / sprint reviews to see what's been happening, which gives you a great chance of walking into a role after you graduate, from having built relationships with many of them with little or no pressure to sell yourself to a potential employer.

I loved the course most of all for the experience though. In the space of 4 months I learnt loads of incredible stuff, met some amazing people who will be friends for life, had a laugh while I was at it and was employed as a junior developer in a great company the month after graduating.

If you're thinking about getting into software or improving on already existing interest or knowledge then you won't go wrong speaking to Mayden about how they could help.

• Patrick Kenyon  User Photo
      Patrick Kenyon • Junior Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

To put it simply - I cannot recommend Mayden Academy highly enough.

Having researched various coding courses in London I was always put off by the expense of living in London, not working and paying for a course on top of this! I stumbled across Mayden Academy and of course, came here to find out more about the course. The reviews all seemed incredibly positive, almost too positive and I admit I found myself slightly skeptical. It gives me great pleasure to write a similarly positive review now - I am completely convinced!

I won't spend too much time on the course itself as that is covered on the Mayden Academy website. But what really made my 16-week experience so valuable was the: staff, building and job support.

Let's start with the most important thing (in my opinion), the staff. Whilst I was there Mayden Academy had two trainers, Mike and Charlie. My trainer was Mike and he has the knowledge, patience, and ability to make complex concepts understandably that sets apart good teachers. He fostered a relaxed yet focused working environment. Quite apart from this Mike, Charlie and Margaret (the Marketing Manager) were good, friendly people that are a pleasure to be around. An important quality for a 16-week intensive course...

The course takes place in the most incredible Bath townhouse (it must be five floors). It's the nicest place I have worked and will work in future in all probability. The training rooms are in the basement, but it's a very nice environment and opens straight out onto the beautiful garden and you are spoiled by sweeping views of Bath. For all you cyclists out there, there is a secure place to put your bike, a very decent shower, lots of storage for gear and a place to dry wet clothes in the basement. What a bonus!

Mike has been working in tech in the South West for many years and has established excellent connections with tech companies in Bath and Bristol. The Academy itself has a number of hiring partners who come and watch your progress during the two weekly sprint reviews. This is an excellent opportunity to get to know potential employers and for them to get to know you, take it seriously. Mayden Academy also organizes an evening to meet the hiring partners which was another useful opportunity to network. The last few weeks of the course are interspersed with job applications and interviews. Mike is continually posting relevant job opportunities so that by the end of the course 6/7 of the 15 students had confirmed job offers.

Take the Full Stack Track! If you apply yourself and take it seriously you will come out a very employable junior developer.

• Kyam Harris  User Photo
      Kyam Harris • Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Mayden Academy teach you (among many other things) how to use HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP and MySQL to a high standard. But much more importantly than that, they will teach you how to use these skills in a professional environment, preparing you to work in a real development team.

You will undertake a three-day course on Scrum methodology, which may be a bit alien to anyone from a non-dev background, but it gives you a great insight into some key aspects of programming and developing products in a team. Also, every block of 'theory' has a corresponding week of 'project', which will ensure that you cement in the skills you have learned by utilising them in a real world project - you'll end up making a game, an e-commerce store and a personal portfolio page to show off all of your projects.

The course does go at a brisk pace, and it may well need some hard work reading your notes or working on solo projects to really bed-in the ideas and concepts that get taught. However, the pace that both Mike and Charlie take throughout the whole course is realistic and it is truly possible to start this course without any programming knowledge at all. I would stress that in order to get the most out of the course to follow the pre-joining instructions and complete the online courses that they recommend - knowing the basics will ensure that you can reserve energy for the really hard-to-grasp concepts.

I joined the course after leaving a job in Retail, and accepted a job offer on the last day of the course. I had always written off my chances of being a developer because I lack both a degree and a technical background, but my experience is that taking a course like Mayden Academy can ensure that neither of these is an issue.

Other than preparing you for a role as a developer, Mayden Academy also help you with actually getting a job - this is done with a CV and interview prep session, professional advice on how to improve the design of your portfolio site, as well as a meet & greet evening with their ever-growing list of hiring-partners (18 at time of writing).

Going from beginner to professional-level as a programmer on your own is entirely possible, but without the expertise, knowledge and tutoring of Mike and Charlie this would have taken me many years, as opposed to the four months of the course. Taking the time to do an intensive course like this is, for me, the most time-efficient way of getting yourself those skills and that job

• Robbie  User Photo
      Robbie • Software developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This is an intensive course that will definitely require work in your own time. It's tiring but worth it. Make the most of each weekend to get plenty of rest...

It focuses on what businesses look for - practical hands on experience that's relevant to employment. The skills learned build on each other so projects get gradually more advanced during the course. It's great to be able to look back over what we built and see the dramatic advancement.

I couldn't have asked for more supportive and patient trainers. Very encouraging of questions and taking the time to make sure everyone has a good understanding of each topic.

I particularly liked the alternating approach of a week of theory followed by a week of putting it into practice working on a project. The projects really helped me identify things I didn't yet understand fully from the previous week, and embedded the theory more firmly.

I am very impressed with such a well chosen group of students - varied skills and interests but all very capable and all worked really well together. I thoroughly enjoyed collaborating with them, and we're likely to meet up and collaborate on one off Saturday projects in future. The excellent judgement in choosing students stands out as one of the most important aspects to me.

The knowledge and experience gained (particularly working as part of a team) gave me much increased confidence which really helped in applying for a job.

If you're wondering whether this is for you, this is what I would say based on my personal experience: Given enough time, it's perfectly possible to learn software development by teaching yourself at home, but learning with feedback from someone who knows what is important is so much faster and will avoid years studying things you just don't need. Also, half the knowledge is how to develop software effectively with a team in person, which you don't get from learning at home. I also learned just how much more can be done with a deadline to work to...

• Vasile Cojusco  User Photo
      Vasile Cojusco • FrontEnd developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

About teachers:

Mike and Charlie are really great and supportive, every time anyone stuck or can't understand something Mike or Charlie explain in a very simple way so you can understand not just repeat.
      The material is great and the course is quite balanced, so you never feel missed somewhere behind. This course can help you to become a full stack, but for me, I think we spent more time on Backend part, anyway, a month before I found a job as a Frontend developer.

Originally I am from Ukraine and moved to Bath for this course. And it was very important not just get new skills, but be supported by people when I am settling, and I got the best support that I haven't expected. All people from Mayden are team players and very supportive, and I really appreciate it.

Recommendations:

If you want to take advantage of this course(actually it is true for any course) you should be prepared. Learn HTML, CSS, JS, and some PHP depends on who you want to be.  Take Freecodecamp, Codecadamy etc. try to build some simple projects(freecodecamp can help you with it) so when you will be in academy all your knowledge become structured and expands drastically. As I mentioned above,  I found the job a month before the course was ended, but it just because I have started my job hunting in the middle of the course(in the end of the second month). Don't be scared of it as it cost you nothing, but it helps you to be hired immediately.

I definitely recommend this school to everyone.

• A Zend Affair
      - 2/6/2017
      Fred  User Photo
      Fred • Placement Student • Student Verified via LinkedIn

To be short and snappy: I gained my ZCE qualification!

In just 5 days, Mike was able to deliver a huge amount of content covering most parts of the PHP knowledge required for the ZCE exam which I had taken in the following week, which was considered rather daunting as the PHP codebase is rather large. I was also able to tackle a practice exam as part of this module in preparation for the main exam to get a feel for what sort of questions could come up and how to answer them. Having completed this, I now feel much more confident in my ability to work with PHP as part of my placement year here at Mayden as a software developer. The ZCE qualification is an invaluable addition to my CV and should help me on as I begin a career after completing my degree at University following this year.

• Jen  User Photo
      Jen • Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Long story short:

Despite being a recent graduate with a degree in Computing and IT, I didn’t feel at all prepared for my new career as a web developer.  After just a few short weeks in Mayden Academy, my PHP knowledge went from negligible to good enough to pass the Zend Certified PHP Engineer (ZCE) exam; by all accounts not an easy exam to pass.

After graduating from the Academy I was able to join my new team with a lot more confidence and the knowledge to contribute right from the start.

The less short story:

I joined Mayden Academy for the PHP, MVC & Frameworks and ZCE prep modules. I had a fantastic time and wish I had been able to do the whole course!

Each module was structured in two parts. First you’d learn theory and syntax, interspersed with practical exercises and talks from real developers. What struck me most was how relevant the course is; the materials evolve as technologies and the industry do. After a degree full of outdated materials, this was really refreshing! The insight from real developers was great too, you’d hear lots of anecdotal stories about how you can do X, Y, Z but in reality, most people just do A!

In the second week you’d work on a small team project, applying what you’d learnt over the previous week and prior modules. The great thing about this is that you would get to use tools such as Git, and would use an Agile methodology, so you weren’t just learning to code but all these other practical skills that go hand in hand with the reality of being a developer.

The whole culture of the Academy really suited me. Mike, the instructor, is really approachable and there was time each morning to reflect on what we’d learnt the previous day and to ask questions once we’d had the time to digest everything we’d heard. The other students were really enthusiastic and supportive.  Despite quite a diverse group of ages and backgrounds, you could just tell everyone wanted to be there and was passionate about their learning.

• Lucia V  User Photo
      Lucia V • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Why I chose this course: I dropped out of school without A-levels because I didn't think it could provide any more value to my future. I wanted to learn relevant job skills, fast, so that I could crack on with life and get a job I love. I wanted to be challenged, taught a lot to a high standard, with support for the "I don't get this at all" moments.
      The company that set up the Academy have very high internal standards and started Mayden Academy because they and the UK more developers, with the hope that the graduates would be as good as, or better than, the computer science university graduates that they employ as entry-level developers.
      Having met the instructors (real, current developers, not someone with theoretical or outdated knowledge) and discussed the pace of learning and the reasoning behind the course content I knew I would be set in good stead for a career from this course. After all, it was as important to Mayden Academy that I be a good developer as it is to me.

What the experience was like:
      - Conten and Delivery: As well as how to build and structure things, the content included knowledge on current best practices, why things work the way they do, a history of the internet and each of the languages as we covered them, brief introductions to old practices we might come across in the future and why we no longer use them, specialist guest lectures and discussions on modern tools we weren't using in the course (for lack of time or need). Mike gave balanced overviews of each topic and taught us how to figure things out on our own, too.
      - Tools: A special mention goes to the fact that all the tools provided were very good, we learnt to use them very effectively for a fast, personalised workflow.
      - Pace and Support: At one point Mike rewrote an entire lesson for us overnight when we didn't get it the first time. He always offered extra support on an individual or team level and continually responded to any feedback we gave him. He also helped me revise for our ZCE exam, gave us all advice when we acted as scrum masters, gave us career advice and at one point helped me solve with some interpersonal issues. Additionally the other developers in the building were always willing to help, they even helped us discover what we loved by teaching us more about their jobs. The nature of the scrum team also meant that we supported each other, we all wanted to help each other move towards our goal of becoming an excellent developer.
      - Atmosphere: We had been working in our team in the same way the developer teams around us worked, producing real work that was being submitted to the real world. I grew really close to my team and made great friends with the developers in the building. We came out feeling like software developers.

What I got out of it: In writing? I'm a certified scrum master and a zend certified engineer, which helps demonstrate the standard of my education. The experience I've gained in not just writing code but being a software developer shows through in the technical decisions I make and how I approach new problems, this has been invaluable in interviews.
      I'm now a scrum-master-slash-developer, I currently work in Typescript using the OOP structures I learnt on PHP. I keep learning every day and I'm a valuable resource to my company, providing robust applications and informed opinions.

TL;DR: I'm now a successful developer and scrum master, working effectively in a different language to the one I trained in, using the knowledge from the course daily. I loved the course, every minute of it, it was incredibly valuable to me. But I did get turned down from my first interview for being overqualified...

• Aimée  User Photo
      Aimée • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I had an excellent experience at Mayden Academy and would heartily recommend it to anyone wanting to jump start a career in software development.

The course is equally divided between theoretical learning and practical projects, so that you get a good mix of real development experience, working as a scrum team to write entire applications to requirements and deadlines, along with a strong theoretical background to programming which can be transferred to other languages.

The curriculum is really relevant and engaging, and the academy instructor and guest lecturers tailor their teaching to your learning style, so it's also a very dynamic program. After trying to self-teach various programming languages over the last few years and struggling to get further than the very basics, I found that being taught in person by instructors with a wealth of experience is the best way to learn, and it definitely helps that everyone is really friendly!

You'll learn more in 16 weeks than you'll imagine is possible, and meet some amazing people along the way!

• Alison Y. • Full Stack Developer • Graduate

[TL;DR]

Joining Mayden Academy was the best decision I made, if you're considering about becoming a developer, go for it.

[Background]

I worked as a UI/UX designer for few years in the tech industry. I studied fashion in college, worked in graphic design a little bit before that.

I enjoyed UI development part of my job (mainly HTML/CSS) so I watned to change my career to full time developer for almost 3 years. I never had enough courage to actually do it, but feeling very unhappy doing what didn't interest me anymore, I finally left my work and did a lot of research on bootcamps.

I live in Bristol, so Mayden wasn't the most convenient choice for me, but I really liked their curriculum and the reviews of previous graduates sounded promising, so I decdied to apply.

I'm really happy to say now, that it's been really great 16 weeks, and that decision I made was the best.

[Mayden Academy Experience]

The class consists of small number - 8 at the most. They set up the environment as real working environment. There is a product owner, scrum master in project weeks, we did spring planning, review and restro which helped me so much. When I had job interviews, companies value these experiences I had a lot.

Instructors really do care about students. They truely enjoy mentoring others, always helped us when there was any challenge.

Their curriculm is really well designed. One theory week is followed by one project week where you can actually build stuff with the knowledge you got in the previous week. I also got a lot of practical knowledge as a non-computer-science-background person, as well as good core concept on programming.

Their course is designed so that you won't get burn-out, there's no "too much work" you need to do after class time. What I was learning was a lot, but I never felt overwhelming. I had a good class/life balance even when I was going to classes everyday 9-5.

The atmosphere in the academy is very friendly and chill. We played Wii or any silly but funny games together during lunch time. We would go to pub on Fridays where we often could meet previous graduates.

[Job Support]

They are genuinely supportive all the way from the very beginning to the very end (actually even after it ends). I was the last one in my class that accepted an offer, so while my classmates already accepted offers even before the course finished, I spent few weeks applying for places. They were continuously checking on me how I was doing,  shared job opportunities they found with/for me, shared industry contacts, etc.

I started working for a tech company in Bristol, and I'm enjoying it so much.

• James
      - 10/2/2019
      James • Web Developer • Student

I applied to Mayden Academy because I was making a career change from Communications to development. I'd done some learning in my spare time but decided to kickstart my career change by taking a Bootcamp, specifically because even with the hardest work on my own, I couldn't get good first-hand experience of teamwork, or the benefit of teachers who have the knowledge to push me down the right paths and to build the confidence to make the leap into a new role.

The tutors are great - not only knowledgeable and skilled, but also good people who are good teachers with great ability to get across complex ideas.

The students in my cohort had a wide variety of skills - some people had a small amount of professional experience, some (like me) had done some amateur work and learning - and some had little to no prior experience. Everyone was able to contribute. The academy had obviously worked hard to build a good mix of people - we had a good gender mix, a variety of ethnic and nationality backgrounds which all enriched my experience there. This kind of atmosphere takes dedication and work to build and it's something the academy team have really done well.

The curriculum is really well honed to give you a set of skills that will get you a job - I was able to secure offers from 4 different companies after finishing the course - I put this down to the strength of the curriculum, combined with the CV help and tips on finding the right company from the course

• Exceptional
      - 9/16/2019
      Fred • Software Engineer • Graduate

Everything was absolutely brilliant. The quality of the teaching was fantastic, I felt completely supported and the environment was lovely with the academy situated in a beautiful building with a beautiful garden. The curriculum was really well designed to give us a sense of progress while building a solid foundation with which we could go in pretty much any direction, which they help you to do with all manner of help and advice in preparing CVs and playing the job market. Combining tuition with hands-on project work is one of the factors that made me decide on attending Mayden, and it proved really useful - not just for me, but each company I interviewed with were really pleased to see the things we'd created and to hear we'd been working with Scrum and getting experience of coding both individually and in teams.
      Furthermore, I feel the Academy fostered a warm, welcoming, community spirit. I really enjoyed every single day of my course and I miss it enormously!

• Ross Anderson • Student

I really enjoyed attending the Mayden Academy, the small class sizes allow for plenty of trainer support, so nobody gets left behind.

The trainers Mike, Sam and Charlie even offer optional out of hours sessions to revisit any topics students may be struggling with.

Theory is backed up with plenty of hands on coding and mini projects.

During project weeks your group work collaboratively as a development team. This was my first experience of coding as part of a team and cannot be replicated learning to code on your own as I had done previously.

The Academy prepared me to achieve my goal of becoming a full stack software engineer.

• Audrey • Fullstack developer • Graduate

I joined Mayden Academy after ~9 months of self-teaching. The full-time and condensed workload was so much more efficient in terms of learning fullstack development. I would highly recommend Mayden for it's knowledgable and patient instructors, post-course job-hunting resources and for the wonderful friends you make along the way!!

If you're serious about moving into development, no matter where you're currently at in your programming skills, it will save you so much time and money to do a condensed bootcamp like Mayden and get into a job quicker!

I was hired at a local Bath software company before I even graduated as Mayden has many contacts in industry and Mike and the team are great at putting you in front of the right people.

If you're considering joining Mayden, just do it!

• Awesome place
      - 6/5/2019
      Pete • Graduate

I had an awesome experience at Mayden Academy. The trainers are technically very good and have so much patience. They are brilliant at adapting their teaching methods to your needs - I've been to school, 6th form and univeristy and only worked-out my true "learning style" at the Academy.

Every student was a good egg and made it a lovely place to go every day. They continue to be very supportive after graduating.

If you are on the fence, go to Mayden Academy.

• Ariel Walker-Cochrane • Graduate

Deciding to do the full-stack track programme at Mayden Academy was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

This course was intensive, incredibly challenging and very comprehensive, everything I was looking for in a developer training course.

The teachers are really passionate and really patient which I appreciated, they had no problem going over things and explaining things multiple times.

The course was structured really well, with a good mix of theory and practical application. We worked in a scrum team and follow an agile methodology which mirrored the way software development teams work in industry as closely as possible.

Mayden Academy also engages with local industry to make sure that the curriculum they are teaching stays relevant and in keeping with what employers are looking for. This was really important to me as it meant that I knew what I was learning was valuable and useful.

I would recommend Mayden Academy and the full-stack track to anyone who is passionate about learning to code.

• Max Taylor • Graduate

I came to Mayden having worked in sales in marketing jobs for several years, and therefore was a complete beginner when it came to coding.

I really only have good things to say about my experience at Mayden, and would fully recommend it to anyone who is dedicated to becoming a developer.

The work is hard, and I probably found it harder than most others in the class. However, your teachers will fully support you and genuinely create an atmosphere where you feel no embarrassment in asking lots and lots of questions.

What you learn is of real value within the industry, which is great for getting work, and importantly with the right work ethic, you will start to really enjoy what you do.

The culture is an added bonus too. The class sizes are small, so you get to know everyone well and there is a friendly atmosphere from day 1 (with Mario Kart in the lounge if things get too stressful).

I would recommend going along and having a chat with Mike or Charlie on an open day to get a feel for the place yourself.

• Life changing
      - 1/10/2019
      Daniel Hopton • Junior Developer • Graduate

Mayden Academy was what I wanted my university experience to be.

Before I joined the course, I was stuck in job hunting limbo. I'd learned some programming in my spare time, but the self taught nature meant that I didn't have everything employers wanted in a junior developer. It was there that I learned about Mayden and the Full Stack Track.

The course is suitable for anyone an inclination to learn. In our cohort, we had a wide range of prior experience, from those who had done some programming previously to those who hadn't done any. No matter what your previous ability was Mike and Charlie will teach you everything you need to know, and fill in any gaps in your knowledge. The small class sizes ensure that if you are having trouble with a concept, your trainer can give you the support you need to understand it.

The main two programming languages taught on the course are PHP and JavaScript, but you'll be taught other technologies and frameworks such as Node and React. You'll also learn progamming concepts that are used throughout the industry, as well as developer practices such as Agile and Git. These will help you no matter what languages or technologies you go on to work with after you graduate.

The employment support is fantastic as well. Towards the end of the course, you'll take part in a CV and interview workshop, to help you nail down what employers and recruiters are looking for. You'll also be invited to an event where you'll meet with the Academy's many hiring partners. Further support and guidance is offered after the course ends, so you aren't left hanging in the cold in the event you're initially unsuccessful.

If you're thinking of going to University as your first step into a career, seriously consider this course instead. The overall cost is much cheaper (there is interest-free finance available, which you needn't pay back until you start work), you'll learn much more industry relevant content and you'll meet and make friends with lovely people along the way.

• Imogen Hallett • Student

I live in London and chose to temporarily relocate to Bath to enrol with Mayden Academy.  I relocated because I felt that the Mayden curriculum was much more relevant than any other training provider I had researched.

Specifically, the Mayden curriculum covers PHP, Node and Javascript frameworks (such as React and Vue).  As far as I am aware, no other intensive training provider covers this range of technologies (which are in high demand within industry).

The course itself was brilliant.  Everything we covered was introduced from basic principals before more advanced concepts were introduced.

Further, the support offered whilst looking for work has been amazing.

Finally, I was delighted to meet and work with such a great group of people.  Over the 16 weeks of the course we socialised and I made new friends.

It has been a great, well rounded experience. I highly recommend it.

• Rob Reeves • Graduate

A brilliant coding boot camp that gives you all the skills you need to become a software developer. Crucially, it focusses on replicating the professional environment as much as possible, this means 9-5 working days, sprint reviews and collaboration. Once you finish the course it's up to you what you want to do. Back end, front end or full-stack; It's your choice.

I could finish by saying that the course content has absolutely zero fat on it and is bang-on relevant but the real highlight for me has been the tuteledge from Mike and Charlie and just how much they care and the effort put into just about every aspect of the course. It is this that, for me, takes the course from being simply very good to absolutely great.

If you're looking for become a developer, I can't recommend this course enough.

Mayden Academy has an acceptance rate of 32%, of which 82% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at Mayden Academy, 100% graduate. 100% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $24,000.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

Salaries in British Pounds, not USD