mayden-academy-logo

Mayden Academy

Bath

Mayden Academy

Mayden Academy is a 16-week, full-time full-stack coding bootcamp in Bath, England. Mayden Academy is offered by Mayden, a fast-growing software development company creating cutting-edge web applications, bespoke systems, and cloud-based solutions for healthcare. The bootcamp curriculum is designed to prepare students for a junior developer role with the option of allowing students to also take individual modules at their own pace. Students will be able to learn directly from experienced professional software developers and trainers, as coursework is created in-house at Mayden. There is no coding experience required to attend Mayden Academy, and classes sizes offer an intimate learning experience with an average of 8 students. Mayden Academy is focused on attracting students with a strong work ethic and enthusiasm.

Recent Mayden Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (53) reviews for Mayden Academy →

Recent Mayden Academy News

• The Full Stack Track

Cost£10,000
      LocationBath
      Students will learn the fundamentals of coding, software design and project management.
      DepositOptional £150 refundable deposit for the use of a MacBook Pro
      Interest free finance is available via EdAid. Borrow up to 100% of the course fee and pay it back only once you start earning in your new software developer role.
      ScholarshipA scholarship (the Diversitech Fund) for financial assistance for those underrepresented in the tech industry is available.
      Prep Work5-10 hour basic introduction to programming prep course provided to all successful applicants before joining the programme.
    • Audrey • Fullstack developer • Graduate

I joined Mayden Academy after ~9 months of self-teaching. The full-time and condensed workload was so much more efficient in terms of learning fullstack development. I would highly recommend Mayden for it's knowledgable and patient instructors, post-course job-hunting resources and for the wonderful friends you make along the way!!

If you're serious about moving into development, no matter where you're currently at in your programming skills, it will save you so much time and money to do a condensed bootcamp like Mayden and get into a job quicker!

I was hired at a local Bath software company before I even graduated as Mayden has many contacts in industry and Mike and the team are great at putting you in front of the right people.

If you're considering joining Mayden, just do it!

• Awesome place
      - 6/5/2019
      Pete • Graduate

I had an awesome experience at Mayden Academy. The trainers are technically very good and have so much patience. They are brilliant at adapting their teaching methods to your needs - I've been to school, 6th form and univeristy and only worked-out my true "learning style" at the Academy.

Every student was a good egg and made it a lovely place to go every day. They continue to be very supportive after graduating.

If you are on the fence, go to Mayden Academy.

• Ariel Walker-Cochrane • Graduate

Deciding to do the full-stack track programme at Mayden Academy was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

This course was intensive, incredibly challenging and very comprehensive, everything I was looking for in a developer training course.

The teachers are really passionate and really patient which I appreciated, they had no problem going over things and explaining things multiple times.

The course was structured really well, with a good mix of theory and practical application. We worked in a scrum team and follow an agile methodology which mirrored the way software development teams work in industry as closely as possible.

Mayden Academy also engages with local industry to make sure that the curriculum they are teaching stays relevant and in keeping with what employers are looking for. This was really important to me as it meant that I knew what I was learning was valuable and useful.

I would recommend Mayden Academy and the full-stack track to anyone who is passionate about learning to code.

• Max Taylor • Graduate

I came to Mayden having worked in sales in marketing jobs for several years, and therefore was a complete beginner when it came to coding.

I really only have good things to say about my experience at Mayden, and would fully recommend it to anyone who is dedicated to becoming a developer.

The work is hard, and I probably found it harder than most others in the class. However, your teachers will fully support you and genuinely create an atmosphere where you feel no embarrassment in asking lots and lots of questions.

What you learn is of real value within the industry, which is great for getting work, and importantly with the right work ethic, you will start to really enjoy what you do.

The culture is an added bonus too. The class sizes are small, so you get to know everyone well and there is a friendly atmosphere from day 1 (with Mario Kart in the lounge if things get too stressful).

I would recommend going along and having a chat with Mike or Charlie on an open day to get a feel for the place yourself.

• Life changing
      - 1/10/2019
      Daniel Hopton • Junior Developer • Graduate

Mayden Academy was what I wanted my university experience to be.

Before I joined the course, I was stuck in job hunting limbo. I'd learned some programming in my spare time, but the self taught nature meant that I didn't have everything employers wanted in a junior developer. It was there that I learned about Mayden and the Full Stack Track.

The course is suitable for anyone an inclination to learn. In our cohort, we had a wide range of prior experience, from those who had done some programming previously to those who hadn't done any. No matter what your previous ability was Mike and Charlie will teach you everything you need to know, and fill in any gaps in your knowledge. The small class sizes ensure that if you are having trouble with a concept, your trainer can give you the support you need to understand it.

The main two programming languages taught on the course are PHP and JavaScript, but you'll be taught other technologies and frameworks such as Node and React. You'll also learn progamming concepts that are used throughout the industry, as well as developer practices such as Agile and Git. These will help you no matter what languages or technologies you go on to work with after you graduate.

The employment support is fantastic as well. Towards the end of the course, you'll take part in a CV and interview workshop, to help you nail down what employers and recruiters are looking for. You'll also be invited to an event where you'll meet with the Academy's many hiring partners. Further support and guidance is offered after the course ends, so you aren't left hanging in the cold in the event you're initially unsuccessful.

If you're thinking of going to University as your first step into a career, seriously consider this course instead. The overall cost is much cheaper (there is interest-free finance available, which you needn't pay back until you start work), you'll learn much more industry relevant content and you'll meet and make friends with lovely people along the way.

• Imogen Hallett • Student

I live in London and chose to temporarily relocate to Bath to enrol with Mayden Academy.  I relocated because I felt that the Mayden curriculum was much more relevant than any other training provider I had researched.

Specifically, the Mayden curriculum covers PHP, Node and Javascript frameworks (such as React and Vue).  As far as I am aware, no other intensive training provider covers this range of technologies (which are in high demand within industry).

The course itself was brilliant.  Everything we covered was introduced from basic principals before more advanced concepts were introduced.

Further, the support offered whilst looking for work has been amazing.

Finally, I was delighted to meet and work with such a great group of people.  Over the 16 weeks of the course we socialised and I made new friends.

It has been a great, well rounded experience. I highly recommend it.

• Rob Reeves • Graduate

A brilliant coding boot camp that gives you all the skills you need to become a software developer. Crucially, it focusses on replicating the professional environment as much as possible, this means 9-5 working days, sprint reviews and collaboration. Once you finish the course it's up to you what you want to do. Back end, front end or full-stack; It's your choice.

I could finish by saying that the course content has absolutely zero fat on it and is bang-on relevant but the real highlight for me has been the tuteledge from Mike and Charlie and just how much they care and the effort put into just about every aspect of the course. It is this that, for me, takes the course from being simply very good to absolutely great.

If you're looking for become a developer, I can't recommend this course enough.

• Great course
      - 6/25/2018
      Karim Kefi • Software Developer • Graduate

The course has been designed to hire juniors, not just an education factory. It helped me get my first developer job!

Mayden Academy provides a good base of coding and most importantly the confidence to pick up new technologies.

The practical weeks, working with a team and learning to code collaboratively was hugely beneficial. No other course that I could not find did this on the same scale as Mayden. Also the ancillary skills such as Agile, Git, Compilers, package mangers etc really meant we were learning the full bredth of programming.

I also really enjoyed the hiring partners evening that was organised and found this a really good networking opportunity.

• Ismael • Developer/Scrum Master • Graduate

Mayden is a fantastic experience. Up to the minute content that I found was fully job-relevant. I had a stream of recruiters after me from the content on my CV, and when I started a job I found myself really well prepared, not just technically but also in terms of good practices, from git to coding standards to scrum. Left with a great community of graduates that still helps each other on Slack. Beside the great teaching and practice, there was brilliant mentoring and support with finding work - for everyone. Could not recommend more.

• Ruth • Graduate

Such a great course, I really enjoyed my time learning at the academy with great trainers and lovely students. I developed valuable skills both technical and for working in a team. It has given me a really strong base of skills to launch from and an idea of how I could learn and develop more in the future.

It is a very well supported intensive course that will give you all the skills you need to go straight into a junior developer role. The trainers are encouraging, friendly and always willing to help you learn.

Really great trainers, appreciative of how to cater to different learning styles. Great at teaching structured content and practical exercises.

I really enjoyed the Node and Framework’s module because it contained so much content that was completely new to me and was exciting even if it was difficult.

• Ben Long • Developer • Graduate

Having left school at 18 and wanting to persue a career in software development, I knew university was not the best option. Mayden Academy has fast tracked my career and helped me get a job that I wouldn't have been able to get without a degree, 3 years faster and far cheaper than University could.

The most valuable things I learnt were, project estimations / planning, teamwork, many new technologies and above all the industry standard way of doing things.

• ZCE Training
      - 2/1/2017
      Matt Storey • Software developer

Summary: I got a certification in PHP recognised globally.

Having little experience with PHP since I joined Mayden this has been extremely helpful in furthering my own knowledge in the language. The Zend Certified Engineer exam requires a lot of studying the nuances of PHP and is extremely daunting as it covers the entire language.

Thankfully the training made me more confident in developing PHP professionally as well as being prepared for the exam. Not only did I learn a lot, I also got a cerification that is recognised by industries globally.

Mayden Academy Outcomes

Of the students who enroll at Mayden Academy, 100% graduated. 100% of graduates were job-seeking and 100% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of $24,000. Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 23 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
    Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance

Salaries in British Pounds, not USD