mayden-academy-logo

Mayden Academy

Bath

Mayden Academy

Mayden Academy is a 16-week, full-time full-stack coding bootcamp in Bath, England. Mayden Academy is offered by Mayden, a fast-growing software development company creating cutting-edge web applications, bespoke systems, and cloud-based solutions for healthcare. The bootcamp curriculum is designed to prepare students for a junior developer role with the option of allowing students to also take individual modules at their own pace. Students will be able to learn directly from experienced professional software developers and trainers, as coursework is created in-house at Mayden. There is no coding experience required to attend Mayden Academy, and classes sizes offer an intimate learning experience with an average of 8 students. Mayden Academy is focused on attracting students with a strong work ethic and enthusiasm.

Recent Mayden Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (36) reviews for Mayden Academy →

Recent Mayden Academy News

• The Full Stack Track

Start Date January 6, 2020
      Cost£8,000
      LocationBath
      Students will learn the fundamentals of coding, software design and project management.
      DepositOptional £150 refundable deposit for the use of a MacBook Pro
      Interest free finance is available via EdAid. Borrow up to 100% of the course fee and pay it back only once you start earning in your new software developer role.
      ScholarshipA scholarship for financial assistance for those underrepresented in the tech industry is available.
      Prep Work5-10 hour basic introduction to programming prep course provided to all successful applicants before joining the programme.
      January 6, 2020 - Bath Apply by December 13, 2019
      February 24, 2020 - Bath Apply by February 10, 2020
      June 15, 2020 - Bath Apply by June 3, 2020
      July 6, 2020 - Bath Apply by June 24, 2020

• Rob Reeves • Graduate

A brilliant coding boot camp that gives you all the skills you need to become a software developer. Crucially, it focusses on replicating the professional environment as much as possible, this means 9-5 working days, sprint reviews and collaboration. Once you finish the course it's up to you what you want to do. Back end, front end or full-stack; It's your choice.

I could finish by saying that the course content has absolutely zero fat on it and is bang-on relevant but the real highlight for me has been the tuteledge from Mike and Charlie and just how much they care and the effort put into just about every aspect of the course. It is this that, for me, takes the course from being simply very good to absolutely great.

If you're looking for become a developer, I can't recommend this course enough.

• Great course
      - 6/25/2018
      Karim Kefi • Software Developer • Graduate

The course has been designed to hire juniors, not just an education factory. It helped me get my first developer job!

Mayden Academy provides a good base of coding and most importantly the confidence to pick up new technologies.

The practical weeks, working with a team and learning to code collaboratively was hugely beneficial. No other course that I could not find did this on the same scale as Mayden. Also the ancillary skills such as Agile, Git, Compilers, package mangers etc really meant we were learning the full bredth of programming.

I also really enjoyed the hiring partners evening that was organised and found this a really good networking opportunity.

• Ismael • Developer/Scrum Master • Graduate

Mayden is a fantastic experience. Up to the minute content that I found was fully job-relevant. I had a stream of recruiters after me from the content on my CV, and when I started a job I found myself really well prepared, not just technically but also in terms of good practices, from git to coding standards to scrum. Left with a great community of graduates that still helps each other on Slack. Beside the great teaching and practice, there was brilliant mentoring and support with finding work - for everyone. Could not recommend more.

• Ruth • Graduate

Such a great course, I really enjoyed my time learning at the academy with great trainers and lovely students. I developed valuable skills both technical and for working in a team. It has given me a really strong base of skills to launch from and an idea of how I could learn and develop more in the future.

It is a very well supported intensive course that will give you all the skills you need to go straight into a junior developer role. The trainers are encouraging, friendly and always willing to help you learn.

Really great trainers, appreciative of how to cater to different learning styles. Great at teaching structured content and practical exercises.

I really enjoyed the Node and Framework’s module because it contained so much content that was completely new to me and was exciting even if it was difficult.

• Ben Long • Developer • Graduate

Having left school at 18 and wanting to persue a career in software development, I knew university was not the best option. Mayden Academy has fast tracked my career and helped me get a job that I wouldn't have been able to get without a degree, 3 years faster and far cheaper than University could.

The most valuable things I learnt were, project estimations / planning, teamwork, many new technologies and above all the industry standard way of doing things.

• ZCE Training
      - 2/1/2017
      Matt Storey • Software developer

Summary: I got a certification in PHP recognised globally.

Having little experience with PHP since I joined Mayden this has been extremely helpful in furthering my own knowledge in the language. The Zend Certified Engineer exam requires a lot of studying the nuances of PHP and is extremely daunting as it covers the entire language.

Thankfully the training made me more confident in developing PHP professionally as well as being prepared for the exam. Not only did I learn a lot, I also got a cerification that is recognised by industries globally.

• Ben Morris • Software Developer • Graduate

I joined Mayden as a software developer in september last year. It was a career change for me as I had just graduated with an MEng in structural engineering. I had good problem solving and analytical skills from, but little knowledge of PHP.

I joined the academy for one month while they were taking the PHP modules. I was very impressed with the course.

There was a really good blend of theory and practice. We would spend one week being taught course content from the front, followed by one week with a group project. We would alternate like this the whole time. To drive, you need theory but also practice on the road. This brings the same approach to programming.

The main instructor spoke clearly, and at a very good pace. He was patient and would put care answering questions thoroughly, often typing code snippets, which were projected onto the board.

I marked the curriculum as 5 stars because I found that when I started programming there are so many technologies which interact to put together a web application. HTTP, Apache, HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, Virtual Machines. When I was working here to start with I was learning PHP but I didn't know how it interacted with all the other techniologies. But the fact that the course is full stack really helped me to join the pieces together.

I also wanted to mention a couple of intangibles. The first is the quality of the other applicants. It seems they recruit on ability but also passion. This made the time spent relationally rewarding as well as technically helpful. I met some really interesting people from a variety of backgrounds who really enjoyed what they were doing.

A final thing that really stood out to me, was the support given to the academy by the company as a whole. Often we would have a guest speaker, which would be a current Mayden developer. But people would even stop by to help from other departments without being asked.

• Charlie • Software Engineer • Graduate

If you want the quick review here it is: By attending the academy I now have a job as a software engineer.

I cannot recommend the academy enough- all learning styles are accomodated, the content is well thought out and the teaching was clear and efficient. I attempted to learn this stuff on my own before the academy and I felt like I was banging my head against a wall, not knowing where to start, what to learn and constantly getting stuck and having no one to ask. Attending the academy 9-5 Monday to Friday and treating my learning as a job really helped focus my mind, immerse myself in the topic and be part of a positive learning environment with others that had the same goal. It also stopped me being lured in by my Xbox at home when trying to teach myself!

• Rhymes Toasterface • Graduate

Before joining Mayden, I had been an office administrator for around 20 years.

It wasn't fun. It wasn't well paid. Most of all, it was depressing.

I wanted a job career that I enjoyed - I wanted to be happy about getting out of bed and going to work in the morning.

Mayden offered the opportunity to achieve this - I didn't have the time left in my working life to study at OU. I didn't have the financial stability to drop out and go to Uni for 3 years. I needed a quicker solution. Enter Mike and the Mayden team...

The course was great. Tough, but great - the content is current and constantly evolving to be relevant and most of all, backed up by practical work - as Scrum teams on big, full stack projects for real World experience. Invaluable for a new portfolio of work!

It will be a long, tiring and mentally challenging four months, and you'll have to be prepared to put in the hours outside of the classroom, but it will be worth it.

Mike and the Mayden team have been as helpful as they can be in finding a job after graduating and in the other alumni from the course, I have a support network of people in the same situation, with the same experience.

Give it a try. You won't be disappointed...

• Ralph Rutter • Graduate

As somebody with an academic background, but negligible experience with software, Mayden Academy was just what I needed.

The course provided me with the ability to write code in HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, and SQL in order to create interactive web applications. As well as these core technologies, we were taught many peripheral components of the development process, such as Git, making us far more than code-writing machines. This was done in an environment where questions were absolutely always welcomed, and answered thoughtfully; and if the answer wasn't known, then other's would be consulted until it was!

The learning took place in an active development environment, with the academy students forming an additional Scrum team. Doing it this way enabled us to prepare for what is ahead of us in our careers and to take examples from people who are doing it already.

• Alison • Student

I had a very basic knowledge of HTML and was keen to learn more.  Mike, our trainer, was very patient and explained things clearly and when needed, was very patient.

There was a good mix of practical work and theory and I am keen to keep expanding my knowledge.

Thank you.

Mayden Academy has an acceptance rate of 32%, of which 82% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at Mayden Academy, 100% graduate. 100% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $24,000.

Matriculation Information

90 days

120 days

After 120 days

Employment Breakdown:

This chart shows the breakdown of roles for job-seeking graduates.

Salaries in British Pounds, not USD