Mayden Academy is a 16-week, full-time full-stack coding bootcamp in Bath, England. Mayden Academy is offered by Mayden, a fast-growing software development company creating cutting-edge web applications, bespoke systems, and cloud-based solutions for healthcare. The bootcamp curriculum is designed to prepare students for a junior developer role with the option of allowing students to also take individual modules at their own pace. Students will be able to learn directly from experienced professional software developers and trainers, as coursework is created in-house at Mayden. There is no coding experience required to attend Mayden Academy, and classes sizes offer an intimate learning experience with an average of 8 students. Mayden Academy is focused on attracting students with a strong work ethic and enthusiasm.
Recent Mayden Academy Reviews: Rating 5.0
Recent Mayden Academy News
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week16 Weeks
Students will learn the fundamentals of coding, software design and project management.
- Start Date
- January 6, 2020
- Class size
- Optional £150 refundable deposit for the use of a MacBook Pro
- Interest free finance is available via EdAid. Borrow up to 100% of the course fee and pay it back only once you start earning in your new software developer role.
- A scholarship for financial assistance for those underrepresented in the tech industry is available.
- Minimum Skill Level
- Prep Work
- 5-10 hour basic introduction to programming prep course provided to all successful applicants before joining the programme.
- Placement Test
More Start DatesJanuary 6, 2020 - BathApply by December 13, 2019February 24, 2020 - BathApply by February 10, 2020June 15, 2020 - BathApply by June 3, 2020July 6, 2020 - BathApply by June 24, 2020
Mayden Academy Reviews
33 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Ruth • Graduate • Course: The Full Stack Track • Campus: Bath
Such a great course, I really enjoyed my time learning at the academy with great trainers and lovely students. I developed valuable skills both technical and for working in a team. It has given me a really strong base of skills to launch from and an idea of how I could learn and develop more in the future.
It is a very well supported intensive course that will give you all the skills you need to go straight into a junior developer role. The trainers are encouraging, friendly and always willing to help you learn.
Really great trainers, appreciative of how to cater to different learning styles. Great at teaching structured content and practical exercises.
I really enjoyed the Node and Framework’s module because it contained so much content that was completely new to me and was exciting even if it was difficult.
- A fantastic fast track to a career- 1/22/2018Ben Long • Developer • Graduate • Course: The Full Stack Track • Campus: Bath
Having left school at 18 and wanting to persue a career in software development, I knew university was not the best option. Mayden Academy has fast tracked my career and helped me get a job that I wouldn't have been able to get without a degree, 3 years faster and far cheaper than University could.
The most valuable things I learnt were, project estimations / planning, teamwork, many new technologies and above all the industry standard way of doing things.
- ZCE Training- 2/1/2017Matt Storey • Software developer • Campus: Bath
Summary: I got a certification in PHP recognised globally.
Having little experience with PHP since I joined Mayden this has been extremely helpful in furthering my own knowledge in the language. The Zend Certified Engineer exam requires a lot of studying the nuances of PHP and is extremely daunting as it covers the entire language.
Thankfully the training made me more confident in developing PHP professionally as well as being prepared for the exam. Not only did I learn a lot, I also got a cerification that is recognised by industries globally.
- A great way to explore php in depth.- 1/25/2017Ben Morris • Software Developer • Graduate • Campus: Bath
I joined Mayden as a software developer in september last year. It was a career change for me as I had just graduated with an MEng in structural engineering. I had good problem solving and analytical skills from, but little knowledge of PHP.
I joined the academy for one month while they were taking the PHP modules. I was very impressed with the course.
There was a really good blend of theory and practice. We would spend one week being taught course content from the front, followed by one week with a group project. We would alternate like this the whole time. To drive, you need theory but also practice on the road. This brings the same approach to programming.
The main instructor spoke clearly, and at a very good pace. He was patient and would put care answering questions thoroughly, often typing code snippets, which were projected onto the board.
I also wanted to mention a couple of intangibles. The first is the quality of the other applicants. It seems they recruit on ability but also passion. This made the time spent relationally rewarding as well as technically helpful. I met some really interesting people from a variety of backgrounds who really enjoyed what they were doing.
A final thing that really stood out to me, was the support given to the academy by the company as a whole. Often we would have a guest speaker, which would be a current Mayden developer. But people would even stop by to help from other departments without being asked.
- I got a job because of it- 1/24/2017Charlie • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: The Full Stack Track • Campus: Bath
If you want the quick review here it is: By attending the academy I now have a job as a software engineer.
I cannot recommend the academy enough- all learning styles are accomodated, the content is well thought out and the teaching was clear and efficient. I attempted to learn this stuff on my own before the academy and I felt like I was banging my head against a wall, not knowing where to start, what to learn and constantly getting stuck and having no one to ask. Attending the academy 9-5 Monday to Friday and treating my learning as a job really helped focus my mind, immerse myself in the topic and be part of a positive learning environment with others that had the same goal. It also stopped me being lured in by my Xbox at home when trying to teach myself!
- A great foundation to build a career on- 1/20/2017Rhymes Toasterface • Graduate • Course: The Full Stack Track • Campus: Bath
Before joining Mayden, I had been an office administrator for around 20 years.
It wasn't fun. It wasn't well paid. Most of all, it was depressing.
I wanted a
jobcareer that I enjoyed - I wanted to be happy about getting out of bed and going to work in the morning.
Mayden offered the opportunity to achieve this - I didn't have the time left in my working life to study at OU. I didn't have the financial stability to drop out and go to Uni for 3 years. I needed a quicker solution. Enter Mike and the Mayden team...
The course was great. Tough, but great - the content is current and constantly evolving to be relevant and most of all, backed up by practical work - as Scrum teams on big, full stack projects for real World experience. Invaluable for a new portfolio of work!
It will be a long, tiring and mentally challenging four months, and you'll have to be prepared to put in the hours outside of the classroom, but it will be worth it.
Mike and the Mayden team have been as helpful as they can be in finding a job after graduating and in the other alumni from the course, I have a support network of people in the same situation, with the same experience.
Give it a try. You won't be disappointed...
- Ralph Rutter • Graduate • Course: The Full Stack Track • Campus: Bath
As somebody with an academic background, but negligible experience with software, Mayden Academy was just what I needed.
The learning took place in an active development environment, with the academy students forming an additional Scrum team. Doing it this way enabled us to prepare for what is ahead of us in our careers and to take examples from people who are doing it already.
- HTML & CSS workshop- 1/18/2017Alison • Student • Campus: Bath
I had a very basic knowledge of HTML and was keen to learn more. Mike, our trainer, was very patient and explained things clearly and when needed, was very patient.
There was a good mix of practical work and theory and I am keen to keep expanding my knowledge.
* These outcomes are not audited by Course Report. In some cases, data is audited by a third party.
Mayden Academy has an acceptance rate of 32%, of which 82% of accepted students enroll in a course. Of the students who enroll at Mayden Academy, 100% graduate. 100% are hired in technical roles within 120 days and report an average income of $24,000.