gw-boot-camps-logo

GW Boot Camps

Arlington, Arlington, Washington

GW Boot Camps

GW Boot Camps offer 12-week, full-time or 24-week, part-time web development courses and 24-week, part-time data analytics courses at George Washington University's Graduate Education Center in Arlington, VA. The full-stack web development curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Java, Database Theory, MongoDB, Heroku, Git, and more. The data analytics curriculum covers a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript (D3.js, Leaflet.js), HTML/CSS, API Interactions, Social Media Mining, SQL, Tableau, Advanced Statistics, Machine Learning, R, Git/GitHub, and more. The bootcamp curricula is designed with the most in-demand market needs in mind. GW Boot Camps empower expert instructors and TAs to deliver a dynamic learning experience.  Whether you choose to pursue web development or data analytics, over the course of our program, you’ll be immersed in an intensive educational experience. Students not only learn the fundamentals, but also apply their knowledge to solve real-world problems, and build portfolios. Students will enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

GW Boot Camps are designed for professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set. Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and recruiting advice. Students will also have access to a network of boot camp employer partners.  Upon program completion, students will receive a non-credit professional certificate from GW’s College of Professional Studies and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of the concepts.

GW Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent GW Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.4

all (25) reviews for GW Boot Camps →

Recent GW Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

Arlington
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time

Arlington
    GW Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time

Arlington
    GW Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • Full-Stack Web Development (Online) Part-Time

Arlington
    Learn to code wherever you are. The full-stack, online boot camp curriculum includes HTML/CSS, Advanced JavaScript, Ruby, Code IDEs, Git/GitHub, Database Modelling, Complex Database Relationships, and more. Through hands-on projects and lessons, learners will complete the coding boot camp in 24 weeks over the course of a self-paced learning path. Learners receive support from a variety of channels, ensuring they are never alone throughout their boot camp journey, whether online or in-person. GW’s online coding boot camp gives you the opportunity to “think like a developer.” In addition to learning many of the most in-demand languages and creating your own personal portfolio, you will also partake in an 8-week Agile Team Project that mimics a real-world environment. Students are assigned a piece of the full project (division of tasks into short phases of work and frequent reassessment of adaptation of plans) and then finalize the project together with the assistance of an industry leader who has on average 5-7 years of experience as a software engineer. At the end of this online coding program, you will receive a professional certificate from George Washington College of Professional Studies, helping you stand out to employers.

2 Scholarships

• $500 GW Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive GW Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time (Arlington)
    • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Arlington)
  • $500 GW Boot Camps Scholarship

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Arlington)

• Andrew Grimaldi  User Photo
    Andrew Grimaldi • Chief Financial Officer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I thought the program was very valuable and useful.  We covered a lot of material during the course.  In some cases, I think it would have been more valuable to slow down and make sure the core concepts were understood before moving onto other areas.  But for the most part, the course was well run.  Here are some special notes to consider before taking the class:

- Take at least one course in Python on udemy.com before beginning this course.  it will make the learning more valuable.

- You need to commit time to homework every week, probably no less than 8 hours.  The homeworks are like projects and require a lot of work.

- It would be best to get a tutor to help you if you fall behind.  I ended up needing one because I feel too far behind.  If I got one early on, I probably wouldn't have got so far behind.

Monday, Jul 29 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Andrew! As you mentioned, this course is fast-paced and covers a lot of material in a short period of time, so we appreciate your tips for future students. Congratulations on completing the program. We wish you continued success applying your new skillset to your work!
  • May  User Photo
    May • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Our class thought us a lot of new technologies and skills. Although I have no coding background, they explained things really well. Our instructors and TA's are all patient with of us. We also got a lot of academic and emotional support. Gemini Stanford is also an awesome admin. She will try her best to help for you make it through the bootcamp. She will listen to your needs and would try to resolve any issues you experience in the class.
    Wednesday, Jun 26 2019
    Thanks, May! We're happy to hear you learned the fundamentals of web development and received a wide range of support from our entire team—we have to agree that Gemini is awesome. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we're rooting you on in all your future endeavors!
    - 6/24/2019
    Debroah A  User Photo
    Debroah A • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I was part of the just ended GW Data Analytics cohort. Dartanion was my instructor and he is simply the most dedicated ,detailed and all around experienced Data Scientist and instructor I know. It is one thing to be knowlegeable in this filed, it is another to succesfully impact that knowledge to other poeple. Some of us had no coding experience whatsoever and we finished this course creating some really cool apps. Forever, we will be his Dartlings.

Monday, Jun 24 2019
    Thank you, Debroah! Our entire team is passionate about enabling student success, so we're glad your instructor, Dartanion, had such a significant impact during your learning journey—we also think he's fantastic. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you the best in all that you do!
  • Ashell F.  User Photo
    Ashell F. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

GW Boot Camp offers the MERN-stack (MongoDB, Express, React, Node.js), and related techonologies toward them, unlike other places where the curriculumn is like a jumbalaya of different technologies. I understand that DMV area has a lot enterprise businesses that may use Angular, but as time goes on, React is becoming more and more popular, so that was my main focus point for choosing GW Boot Camp (At the time of writing this review, Microsoft enabled React Native on all of their platforms, including Windows, Xbox, etc..)

The instructor seem very knowledgable, and the TA's were very encouraging, given they finished their cohort prior to ours. The Student Success Manager (SSM) is also very kind, and very helpful, her goal was to make sure we passed the course and we were treated fairly.

Regarding career services, they are available to help you, and I personally got the help to write a resume and a cover letter. My counselor personally helped my by making sure I was actively looking, which YOU HAVE TO DO.

Overall, I do recommend GW Coding Boot camp. It was a life changing course because you know that if you want to be a developer, you are willing to be a forever-learner. And that's what the Boot Camp taught me. How to learn, and how to effienciently apply what I learned.

Monday, Jun 24 2019
    Amazing, Ashell! We're thrilled you enjoyed the curriculum and found our boot camp team to be supportive. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, and thank you for your recommendation! We're rooting you on in all your coding endeavors.
  • TAKE IT
    - 2/15/2019
    Sarah Fawson  User Photo
    Sarah Fawson • Analyst Verified via GitHub

I'm taking the data analytics & visualization bootcamp at GW. I'm hoping to get into the a career in journalism dataviz. I'm learning exactly what I need to in this program, and building a portfolio as I go. It can be difficult to stay engaged in work in the evening after a full day's work at a desk, but my instructor makes the class very engaging and since we're working as we learn instead of just listening to a lecture, it is not hard to follow along. Plus, it's only 6 months long so it's a great option if you're hoping to quickly learn and put in the effort to change career paths or expand your knowledge in data analytics.

Friday, Feb 15 2019
    Thank you so much, Sarah! We're happy you're enjoying the program and your instructor. We commend all the hard work you have put in thus far, especially as you balance a full-time schedule. All the best as you continue towards graduation!
  • Life Changing 🙌
    - 1/30/2019
    Madeline  User Photo
    Madeline • Associate Application Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

The GW full stack program has awesome instructors and teaching assistants. They really cared about our progress and learning in the program, and would go out of their way to make sure that we had the level of support we needed. The best part of the program, different from other bootcamps that I found during my research, was that we got to design our own apps for each of the four projects. This allowed me to delve into some GIS technologies that I was interested in but that we didn't cover in classroom instruction. After the bootcamp, I was able to get a job creating GIS and mapping apps because of those projects I had built! If you're willing to do the work and want to change your life, don't hesitate.

Wednesday, Jan 30 2019
    Way to go! We are thrilled you felt so supported by our entire instructional team and enjoyed the project assignments. Congratulations on graduating and landing a new exciting role! We appreciate your review and wish you all the success in your future endeavors.
    - 11/17/2017
    Kadiatu  User Photo
    Kadiatu • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I learned so much from this course, I just finished my bootcamp and the career service is working their best for job opportunities. Overall course experience is very good and I will recommend to anyone.

Thursday, Nov 23 2017
    Congratulations on completing the boot camp, Kadliatu! We're so glad that you had such a positive experience with our program. We commend you for all of the hard work you put into earning your valuable new skills. We're cheering you on as you move forward in your career.
  • Jonathan Ansley  User Photo
    Jonathan Ansley • Configuration Manager • Student Verified via GitHub

I am a little over halfway through the 24 week full stack web development boot camp.

Everything has been great, and I have received a lot of support.

The instructors are experienced, humorous, and engaging. They work full time in web development. The teaching assistants help us if we get stuck on an exercise during class or on homework. The student success manager keeps the overall program on track and checks in with each student periodically to ensure they are having a positive experience. The career support staff has helped us improve our LinkedIn profiles, resumes, and elevator speech. They have also facilitated some practice behavioral interviews. This is the best career support I have ever received.

Before enrolling, I was wary of the boot camp model. I did a lot of research and talked to two friends who went to GW. I wanted to make sure this was legitimate. My fears were unfounded. This has turned out to be a worthwhile experience.

My section (about 20 students) meets Monday and Wednesday nights 6:30 - 9:30 PM. There is another section on Tuesday and Thursday nights 6:30 - 9:30 PM. Both sections come together on Saturday 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Saturdays are usually focused on group projects and breakout activities.

Periodically, I have had to switch from a Wednesday night to a Thursday night, and it has worked smoothly. The students and instructor in the other section are welcoming and supportive.

I usually attend in person. Hoever, some people usually attend remotely via the live video feed. If we are going to do a group project, they encourage us to attend in person.

Most of my classmates are younger than me, but they have been very welcoming.

Each week, I work 40 hours at my job, attend 10 hours of boot camp classes, and do 10+ hours of studying and homework. There is so much to learn that I could spend 20+ hours on studying and homework. I wish I had more time. The homework and projects are not easy, but I have learned a lot.

I cannot think of anything that the boot camp could do to improve.

Monday, Aug 14 2017
    Hi Jonathan,We’re so glad to have you in our program. Thank you for leaving such detailed and informative feedback. These are excellent insights into the day-to-day, as well as the overall student experience during the boot camp journey. This information is very helpful to prospective students who are looking to enroll in our program.We’re glad to hear that our team as a whole is working diligently to ensure that you get the most out of your boot camp experience. It’s especially excellent that you are so pleased with our career support. Our team makes it their mission to provide students with all of the assistance and encouragement they need in order to be successful in this program, and beyond.We know it can be challenging to take on the rigors of this course while working full time, and we applaud your dedication to attending the class in person. We hope you’re proud of all of the hard work you’re putting into learning these valuable skills. We love getting reviews like this, our team works hard everyday to help our students succeed. It makes us so happy to know that we are meeting your needs. We wish you continued success in this program, and the best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Eric • Student

I was very hesitant to write this review, however I feel as though I owe it to future students to paint an accurate picture of the GW Boot Camp Experience.  I tried discussing my concerns with the "Student Success Manager", but unfortunately my several emails went unanswered.  Seeing the long, buzzword-filled responses to other reviews, it certainly appears that GW (Trilogy) cares far more about the outward appearance of this boot camp than the experience of current students.

As mentioned in other reviews, this is a "GW Bootcamp" only in the sense of the classroom location.  The course is run through Trilogy, and simply put this is primarily a business, not a school.  Recruiters will rush you through the signup process as soon as you apply, with sensationalized messages telling you how quickly capacity is filling up.  The "admission exam" is a joke - 20, easily-found multiple-choice questions.  As you may expect, this leads to a wide range of experience across the students.  If you have no coding experience, unless you are highly motivated to learn I would not recommend this course.  I feel that advertising this course as "no coding experience necessary" sets all parties up for failure.   I will say the subject matter was generally interesting and relevant, and many topics are covered.  I found the instructor(s) and TA's extremely intelligent and helpful - they are there because they love the technology and it shows.  I unfortunately had to include "instructor(s)" as our primary instructor allegedly resigned - it's pretty apparent that the administration forced him out, but that is only my speculation.  I completely disagree with this decision - my understanding is students thought he was moving too quickly and were frustrated.  Again, I chalk this up to Trilogy falsely advertising the starting expectations and signing anyone who has $10K up for the course.  Regardless, their decision was to terminate the relationship and add more confusion to the class.  This confusion led to us spending 45 minutes learning R, while we had 5 weeks committed to learning web dash-boarding.   I really did not want to write this review, but this seems to be the only way to get a response from Trilogy administration.  If you are a prospective student or TA, I would look elsewhere before registering - you are far less important the moment your check clears.
    Monday, Aug 12 2019
    Thank you for your feedback, Eric. We're happy to hear you're benefiting from the support of our instructional team and are finding the subject matter to be interesting. Like you noted, the GW College of Professional Studies has partnered with Trilogy Education Services (TES) to offer the GW Data Analytics Boot Camp. GW is deeply involved in the curriculum, instructor selection, and outcomes of each of our classes, and routinely meet in conjunction with TES to monitor the learning experience and performance. Both GW and TES are truly dedicated to transforming students' lives and aim to be fully transparent about this relationship throughout the admissions process and course. We regret to hear that the program is not living up to your expectations. Our boot camp serves a mix of individuals ranging from beginners to professionals. For our data analytics course, we do recommend applicants hold a Bachelor’s Degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field. We understand that the course material is challenging and moves at a rapid pace, and before the first day of class, all students are provided 30 hours of pre-work to help them prepare. We do also recommend that those without any previous experience spend additional time completing free online tutorials. Upon starting, we begin by covering the basics, providing a solid foundation learners can build upon. Each lesson iteratively builds on the last and we find that as the curriculum progresses, individuals feel more and more confident in the material. Due to unforeseen events, your cohort did undergo an instructional change and understand that this has greatly impacted your experience. In light of this unexpected situation, we secured an additional TA to increase the classroom assistance and are offering supplemental tutoring to ensure all students are properly being supported. We understand not all teaching styles will resonate with every individual and adjusting to new methodologies can be difficult. As such, we have provided access to our additional instructor's recordings, starting from week four, and are currently hosting three-hour remote sessions on Fridays for all learners to participate in. Our main priority is and will continue to be the student experience and we strive to be as responsive as we can. We sincerely care about all of our students and appreciate your patience. We will continue working hard to provide any and all additional academic support necessary to you and your classmates going forward.
  • LIFE CHANGING
    - 7/22/2019
    Cecilia Pasquale • Software Engineer • Graduate

You will not regret this boot camp. After looking into a few of the other options around DC its clear that GW is the best. The support you receive from this program is first class. You learn everything you need to advance your career or like me switch your career completely. You have to work hard but it pays off in the end.

Monday, Jul 22 2019
    Amazing, Cecilia! We're happy to hear you had a positive student experience and benefited from our boot camp team's support. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We wish you continued success on your new career path.
    - 7/2/2019
    Nolan • Graduate

Overall, a great course for introducing a lot of various technologies quickly. The group projects were especially invaluable to see all of these resources interact and get a glimpse of what the working dynamics would be like on a team at a company. Great administrative and career services support!

Tuesday, Jul 02 2019
    Way to go, Nolan! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best in your future endeavors.
    - 6/25/2019
    Somayeh G • Graduate

I graduated from the Full Stack Web Developmnet program, and  it was a great experience. I gained valuable skills and knowledge that are highly transferable in the workplace. I like to thank  the Student success manager(Ms.Gemini Sanford) for the tremendous help she has given me over the past few weeks.

Wednesday, Jun 26 2019
    Amazing, Somayeh! We're thrilled you enjoyed your student experience and found our team members to be supportive—we also think Gemini is fantastic. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • The best course!
    - 6/23/2019
    Hannah B • Graduate

I just graduated from the GW Data Analytics program, and I had the best experience ever! I learned so much in the program, gained valuable coding skills, and developed a great portfolio that I can showcase in applying for new jobs. Our instructor Dartanion was one of the most passionate, motivating and enthusiastic teachers I’ve ever had. He made the class so enjoyable, and offered help outside of class whenever needed. I highly recommend this program!

Monday, Jun 24 2019
    Way to go, Hannah! It's great to hear you had a positive student experience—we also have to agree that Dartanion is pretty amazing. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Logan S • Student

I am currently enrolled in the George Washington University Boot Camp for Full Stack Development as a part time student, and I expect to complete the course in May 2019. So far it has been a very positive experience for me. I entered this program with no prior coding experience. At first I found this course daunting and the wide scope of subject material intimidating. As I have progressed I have found that it is not that intimidating. The pace of the course is fast but it is very easy to measure your improvement and development. From day one until now, about a third of the course, I have made very measurable progress. The instructor, Mr. Ranjan Biswas, is very knowledgable and engaging. The teacher aids that attend class are very helpful and offer first hand knowledge as former students. There are times that I have wondered whether this was the right choice for me and if I will be able to succeed in the field, but this course is what you make it. Your input determines your output. Due to the fast nature of the class and wide scope of material you will have to put in many hours learning outside of class and doing homework. For people looking to make a career change and learn a new skill, I fully recommend this class.

Wednesday, Feb 06 2019
    Thank you for your review, Logan! We're thrilled you're having such a positive experience and are finding our instructional team to be so knowledgeable — we completely agree that Ranjan is great. We applaud all your hard work thus far and are cheering you on as you continue towards graduation!
  • mohamed jedeine • Graduate

The Good:  The curriculum The GWbootcamp offers is a solid, self-paced course broken up by subject to make sure you fully understand each skill before moving to the next. The course will cover the fundamentals of front-end, how to use file sharing and version control such as Github to its work environment potential, and ends with covering in depth on a backend language.

The instructors are THE best resource a bootcamp can offer. They are knowledgeable and almost always available to help you when you have questions. But not only that, they do not just tell you the answer, instead help you work through the issue. This little piece is what creates good developers as you learn the skill of active problem-solving.

Assignments on a weekly bases take your level to the next step, Ranjan makes sure that every student is giving his best. The whole team is awesome they all work unstoppably to make sure all students land their dream jobs in a timely manner also Kyle will help and keep pushing you till the end.

The Bad:  I cannot think of any.

Conclusion:  I really do recommend this bootcamp, and any faults that it has are minor and can be overlooked. Especially with its extracurricular resources like the instructors and mentors. While they don't guarantee a job, they do give you all the tools you'll ever need and more to land a position if you are committed.

Wednesday, Feb 06 2019
    We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, Mohamed! It's great to hear you enjoyed the program and felt supported by our entire team — we also think Ranjan and Kyle are amazing. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we wish you all the best moving forward!
  • Eureka!!
    - 2/5/2019
    Stefan Greene • Design and production • Student

GW BootCamp is an amazing experience! A must for designers who are looking to hone their technical skills.

Tuesday, Feb 05 2019
    Thank you, Stefan! We're thrilled you had an amazing boot camp experience and were able to develop your technical skills. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in your future goals.
  • Worth it!
    - 1/31/2019
    Emily M • Full-Stack Developer • Student

The George Washington University Full-Stack Bootcamp challenged and prepared me to succeed in the ever-changing tech industry. We not only learned the most relevent and used technologies, but the skills to continue on and be lifelong learners. We were pushed hard with difficult challenges, which were rewarding when completed. The group projects allowed us to not only be creative and come up with our own ideas, but also let us practice working on teams in an Agile-like way. The instructional staff was supportive, our TAs would help us at any hour of the day and be there in class to answer questions and give suggestions. The class instructor was very knowledgable and helped guide the class towards finding the answer, rather than just outright telling us, giving us more opportunity to learn the content of the class. Career services routinely check in to help with any questions or advice we may need through our job search. Three months after graduating I am still having regular "check-in" calls with my career services advisor. I have already recommended this class to a handful of people, some of whom have already signed up for the next cohort. If you are in the DC area and are searching for the next step in your career, or even a complete career change, I could not recommend this enough.

Thursday, Jan 31 2019
    Amazing, Emily! We're thrilled to hear you had such an amazing student experience and felt so supported by our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating! We truly appreciate your review and thank you for recommending our program. We wish you all the success in your future endeavors.
  • Filis Coba • Student

I came into the part-time (M/W/S 6:30pm - 9:30pm) GW Data Analytics and Visualization bootcamp with no coding background, just art and physics. I have a master's degree in physics. I took this bootcamp to gain tools to help me transition into data science and even use tools for my science. I was a bit apprehensive at first that I would be able to keep up but the instructors (and two TA's) do a great job at providing academic support. I never missed a single homework assignment, and tried to go to class as much as possible. I tried to do all of them and I googled as much as possible if I got stuck. I even bought a book for one topic just to get a different perspective on the material. Group works are tough (you have to do three group projects). Sometimes you may not get along with the people, or work may not be coming in at the same weight for one reason or another. You learn valuable skills this way, like how to work together regardless of differences in culture, knowledge, etc. I made sure to allocate time for this course. I would not recommend the bootcamp if you are working full-time, especially at a place with long hours if you are new to programming because it will be overwhelming, and you will fall behind fast.

Pros of Bootcamp:

You will be learning a lot of tools which will help you in all fields of work.  Your teacher is not remote, you also have two TA's, and online recorded videos for additional help.  There are a lot of homework assignments and three group projects.  Bootcamp staff is supportive and willing to help at all times.  Sometimes the instructors provide free food and desserts.  Instructors and TA's are exceptionally gifted at what they do and know.  Opportunity to work with them as a tutor while you transition to your job.  Career support (resume help, interview help, virtual tech fairs). Class is in-person and you will meet friends.  Location is across the street from a fancy new restaurant/hotel/coffee shop called Eaton.  After hour acces to the building floor so you can work on projects/hw whenever you want!  There is free one-on-one virtual tutoring available for students once a week.  They allow occasional remote work for special circumstanes (family emergency etc.)

Cons of Bootcamp:

Classes are also on Saturdays so that kills half of your Saturday.  Part-time classes run late from 6:30pm - 9:30pm so you may need to rush dinner.  The career help is a bit lacking, and there is no physical place to go to for job help.  You must put in 30+ hours outside of class to devote to homework and projects.  It costs $10,000 (you can do monthly payment plans).

Overall, I would say this is a fantastic option if you are new to coding, and want to learn many different tools in data science which allow you to visualize data, and if you learn better in a classroom setting with lots of interactivity and hands-on-learning.

Monday, Oct 15 2018
    Thank you for your review, Filis! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your boot camp experience and appreciate you selecting our program to transition into data science. Our entire team is passionate about enabling student success, so we're happy they continuously provided support when you needed it. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Least impressed • Student
    Went through the full time full stack dev course. The instructor was good went fast at times. You'll need to spend 4+ hours daily after class to keep on pace. Tutoring they offer was lousy at best he flew through questions faster then the instructor. TA's we helpful but this is really a self learning environment with 'demos' GW's name carries weight on your resume in the Washington DC area. Forget about it for career services, everyone that found employment in my class did so on their own. The program manager is no help at all won't respond to emails for questions and concerns. Again, if you're okay with paying 10k for a name then it's worth it other then that all curriculum can be found online cheaper. I am leaving this review because before I joined I couldn't find any feedback on this program hopefully this can help someone.
    Response From: Sasha Slacum of GW Boot Camps
    Wednesday, Jun 13 2018
    Hi Anonymous, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, we really appreciate you sharing your personal feedback. We regret your experience did not meet your expectations. Our program is rigorous and fast-paced, and we cover a great deal of knowledge in a limited amount of time. We understand you found our instructional team to have quickly covered the course material. We do our best to communicate to students that because we cover a full-stack, topics are introduced at a higher level in-class, after which, students are expected to dive in and not only gain a deeper understanding of the concepts but also practice their skills outside of the classroom. Depending on an individual's experience, one should expect to spend a minimum of 20 hours or more per week outside of class in order to excel. This helps individuals learn how to self-teach, a key strength needed in a developer's role. We take participant feedback regarding our course, instructors, and tutoring most seriously, measuring success based on student feedback, video audits during teaching, and classroom assessments. Our professional development services are built on the principle of empowerment, and we strive to be clear about expectations. While we do not secure direct employment for students, we work to empower them the best we can with the necessary tools and support for entering the job market through technical interview training, portfolio reviews, resume/social media profile support, and more. Did you find these to be helpful? We regret that you had a difficult time communicating with us via email. We receive many communications throughout the day, but we strive to give timely assistance to all students within 24 hours. We take input like yours most seriously and are constantly refining our career and student services to best help students navigate the program and prepare for the job search. Please let us know if there are any additional ways we can improve upon our responsiveness. Your student experience does not end on graduation day. I'd love to hear from you directly to see what else we can do at this time to best meet your expectations, as well as reinforce your job search or any further learning materials. If you would like, please reach out to me at (202) 629-0252.
  • Luis N Cervantes • student • Graduate
    My experience, overall, with the  GW Coding Boot Camp for Web Development program, was excellent.  I would like to acknowledge the invaluable support of the Program Success Manager who helped us to "bridge the digital skills gap".  The curriculum is spot on for today's web development requirements and has provided me with a wide array of new skill sets that I can apply in my next position.  Nowadays it is very important to have a targeted set of skill sets that is marketable in today's rapidly changing work and technological environment.  The instructors and teachers' assistants became mentors and helped with inevitable roadblocks along the way.  They kept the process moving along and, as a result, the students were able to thrive and arrive to complete the program.  Java Systems helped me with my resume and put me in contact with a couple of companies.  I am hopeful that Java Systems will be able to position me for success.  Thank you all for your efforts.
    Response From: Sasha Slacum of GW Boot Camps
    Monday, May 21 2018
    Amazing, Luis! Congratulations on graduating, we’re happy to hear you had such a positive experience learning valuable coding skills through our program. Our entire staff is incredibly passionate about education and changing our students' lives, so it's great to know your Program Success Manager was of great help. We're thrilled you found the curriculum to be up-to-date with today's market demand and that you were able to enjoy Java Systems so much. We hope you're proud of all you accomplished, and we wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors!
  • Great coding school
    - 10/18/2017
    Mohammed • Full Stack Developer • Graduate

GW coding bootcamp was my first choice and after I joined I found more than my original expectations. The program had excellent TAs and qualified instructors, makes my learning of coding easier and happier. I can fully recommend this bootcamp to anyone who cannot decide which program to join.

Monday, Oct 23 2017
    Thank you for your review, Mohammed! We're glad that you had such a positive experience with our program. It's incredible to hear that this course exceeded your expectations, and we're so very proud to have earned your recommendation. Congratulations on completing the course, we’re wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Beware
    - 6/27/2019

My experience with the course has been poor. I was excited when I first joined assuming the high cost and GW name meant better quality than the online courses that I done before, unfortunately that was not the case.

The instructors that taught my course were great however, I felt they were restricted due to the amount of material, student to teacher ratio and the lack of flexibility in providing additional support.

At the end of the day, expect to get exposure to a lot of things. Do not expect to be taught or be able to do things independently at the end of the course.

If you are new to programming don’t take this course, I do not believe the cost is worth it and I recommend finding a tutor or keep plugging away with online courses and books.

Update: My response to the GW Rep

"We understand that you chose GW Coding Boot Camp for expert guidance in navigating the fundamentals of web development."

What? I didnt take the web development course, and if you dont know how valid are all of your comments?

"This is a fast-paced course and rather than spending extended periods of time on one topic we pride ourselves on teaching individuals how to learn, building a strong foundational skillset"

Teaching how to learn is not "Go to Google" and "When you copy and paste this in your homework"

"We strive to provide in-depth academic support"

Doesnt "In-depth" conflict with your prior statement above and why dont you tell everyone what happened to our instructor midway through the course?

"TAs that work hard to assist leaners both in and outside of the classroom"

Pretty dramatic and outside of the classroom?, Come on, man. I liked the instructors and TA's alot however, please inform everyone in your response what the actual expectations of TA's are.  Feel free to include the how long you get with your online tutor as well.

I don't appreciate you turning your response to my comment into a selling point. If you want to talk, feel free to reach out otherwise let my review stand on it own please.

Monday, Jul 01 2019
    Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear the program did not meet your expectations. We understand that you chose GW Coding Boot Camp for expert guidance in navigating the fundamentals of web development. Like you noted, this is a fast-paced course and rather than spending extended periods of time on one topic, we pride ourselves on teaching individuals how to learn, building a strong foundational skillset they can use to quickly learn additional languages and frameworks—even after the boot camp ends. This methodology helps students learn how to problem-solve and self-teach: two crucial abilities needed in any real-world programming role. We've found that as the curriculum progresses, most participants feel increasingly confident in the knowledge they've gained. In order to assist learners every step of the way, we do provide a wide range of support, including office hours, Slack, free tutoring, and one-on-one sessions. It's great to hear you found our instructors to be helpful. We strive to provide in-depth academic support, and in addition to our main instructors, we supplement each class with knowledgeable TAs that work hard to assist leaners both in and outside of the classroom. We're constantly optimizing our services to ensure individuals have the best learning experience possible, so we appreciate your insight. We would welcome the opportunity to further discuss how else we can support you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us directly at (202) 629-0252. We wish you all the best moving forward!
  • Dont do it..
    - 6/19/2019

DO NOT TAKE THIS COURSE!!!!

Expect instructers to not care, projectors to not work, over crowded class rooms, inadequte course material, alot of time on google and only one hour a week additional support, over restrictive course homework requirements.

To sum the course in a single phrase.. "Use Google, it should answer your questions"

For the amount of money they are asking for, I recommend you find an online course that will teach you much more

Friday, Jun 21 2019
    Thank you for your review. Based on your feedback, we understand you were unhappy with your program experience. We take pride in our comprehensive and holistic approach to learning. As this is a boot camp, we recognize the material is fast-paced and challenging, moving quickly from one complex topic to the next in a condensed amount of time. Like you mentioned, we instruct students how to learn, providing a strong foundational skill set that allows individuals to easily dive into other frameworks and languages on their own—even after completing the program. Not only do we strive to equip students with a robust academic framework, but we also work hard to help learners develop strong problem-solving and self-teaching abilities through internet research and other available resources; two essential traits developers constantly utilize in real-world roles. As the industry continues to evolve, our curriculum is continually being optimized using extensive market and employer research.Our entire team is passionate about enabling student success. In order to assist learners, we provide additional support through 24 total hours of free tutoring, 90 total office hours with instructors and TAs, optional one-on-one meetings, supplemental resources, and host structured review sessions to reinforce core concepts. We strive to respond quickly to any concerns and offer weekly surveys and office hour sessions to provide a voice for all of our participants. Throughout this process, we have collected over 200,000 feedback forms to date, making necessary enhancements based on student and instructor insights. We hope you were able to benefit from these resources and appreciate your input as we're frequently enhancing our services.We sincerely care about all our students and it is our goal for everyone to leave our program feeling equipped with the skills they need to succeed. We would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to learn how else we can assist you at this time to bolster your learning experience. If you would like, please reach out to us at (202) 629-0252.

Overall the instructor and course matrials are great.

Tuesday, Feb 05 2019
    We're happy you enjoyed the curriculum and our instructional team. Thank you for your review and best of luck going forward!

Overall this is an excellent program. Before even gradutating I was receiving serious consideration from employers. The career services portion could be a little more hands-on, or at the very least one additional person should be hired to manage all the graduates needs, however the career services homework assignments have significantly improved the appeal of my resume'. Based on the strength of my resume' and class projects I am consistently interviewing, and even turning some employers away, which is something I would've never considered doing prior to attending the boot camp.  The technologies covered in the curriculum are in line with the hottest trends in tech right now. And the instructional and support staff are excellent at hearing and attending to each students needs. Ultimately you will get out of this program whatever you put in. This is not a magic bullet, but it will set you up for success if you commit yourself to the process and power through.

Tuesday, Jan 02 2018
    Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, Anonymous. We're glad to hear that you had an overall positive experience with our program, and it's excellent that you enjoyed our course curriculum, instruction, and student support services. We're thrilled to hear that our career services and the portfolio you built from projects completed in this program have been such a significant help to you in your job search process. Congratulations on completing the course, we wish you the very best of luck as you move forward in your career.