vivadata-logo

VIVADATA

Paris

VIVADATA

VIVADATA offers 10-week, full-time, artificial intelligence and intensive data science bootcamps in Paris, France. The Machine Learning bootcamp is for beginners and covers Python programming, data collection using REST APIs and SQL, data analysis, algorithms, natural language processing, and an introduction to deep learning. The Deep Learning bootcamp is for more advanced students and covers convolutional and recurrent neural networks, Tensorflow, Big Data Engineering with Hadoop, and reinforcement learning. Classes are small and students learn via projects and real-world examples. The courses are taught in French, but content is in English.

The prerequisites to apply for the machine learning bootcamp are high-school level math skills, a positive attitude, and lots of motivation. To apply, students must answer questions via an online form, complete the Python track on Codecademy, take part in an interview (in-person or over video conferencing) with a member of the VivaData team, then complete prep work online before beginning the bootcamp.

When students graduate, they receive a certificate in data science. VivaData’s careers team will assist graduates with their resume, provide mock data science interviews, introduce graduates to interested employers, and share freelance opportunities. No matter a student’s goals, VivaData aims to stay in touch with students after the program to help achieve those goals. Students and graduates are part of an alumni network for life, with continued access to VivaData events and Slack channel. Graduates also maintain access to all of VivaData’s course material for life.

Recent VIVADATA Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (12) reviews for VIVADATA →

Recent VIVADATA News

• Machine Learning

3,500
      Paris
      The 10-week, full-time Machine Learning bootcamp is for beginners and covers Python programming, data collection using REST APIs and SQL, data analysis, algorithms, natural language processing, and an introduction to deep learning.
      Contact VIVADATA to discuss financing options.
      Contact VIVADATA to find out about scholarships.
      Interview

• Quentin Lejeune  User Photo
      Quentin Lejeune • Product Marketing Analyst • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Vivadata is an amazing boot camp with teachers who really care about you.

They truly want you to learn and succeed, and they make hard concepts seem very easy to understand.

I was a student in school when I joined Vivadata, and I really enjoyed it!

The students were all very nice and I made great friends there.

Overall, this boot camp was fantastic and I would definitely recommend it!

• Sylvain Payet  User Photo
      Sylvain Payet • Data Scientist • Graduate Verified via GitHub

If you like:
      - Challenges
      - Get out your comfort zone
      - Meet amazing people
      - Learn quickly and efficiently

Then you really should consider Vivadata.

Regarding my background, I was working in construction, when i decided to swtich careers, i had 0 knowledge in data science before the bootcamp and now I am able to build neural networks from scratch!

• Olivier Moreau  User Photo
      Olivier Moreau • Data Analyst • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I joined the winter 2018 in-person Vivadata batch in Paris.

I would consider myself very strong with Excel, but wanted to take my analytical and programming skills to the next level. Attending the Vivadata bootcamp was an intensive period. However, it served as a great introduction into the data analysis and science field. The curriculum of the course was great. Having teachers who work extensively in Data Science and has experience applying many of these concepts in the real world is extremely helpful and interesting.

The course content is amazing, really oriented toward the intuition and understanding of all the key concepts, and fast-paced.

Vivadata is built on top of a great community (accessible both before and after the bootcamp) and offers a real career support (with access to job opportunities, resume support, interview preparations, etc.)

While there are many possible ways to acquire data analysis knowledge and experience (MOOCs, work experience etc), the bootcamp is a neatly packaged curriculum with many benefits such as job support and alumni Network. The bootcamp touches on all the tools you need to start working on real data problems. However, this concise delivery method isn't a free ticket to a new job. There is no substitute for hard work and motivation.

I would highly encourage anyone interested in moving into the Data Analytics / Data Science field to look at Vivadata. However, the motivation and level of effort you put into the program (and afterwards) will be key factors in success.

• Léa Fontaine  User Photo
      Léa Fontaine • Data Analyst • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I more than loved my VivaData experience. From both human and learning point of view, it was the best 10 weeks ever. The teachers are 300% dedicated, and the community is really amazing. In a few words : amazing experience. GO VIVADATA ! <3

• Juliette Chevalier  User Photo
      Juliette Chevalier • Data Scientist • Graduate Verified via GitHub

My time at Vivadata (in Paris) was amazing and the outcomes I've seen since I graduated 4 months ago are unparalleled.

Vivadata's curriculum is great. Every day, the first 2 hours are focus on lectures. During this time, you will digest A LOT of new information, but you will also have the chance to apply it immediately because the rest of the day is challenge-based. This way, you get to reinforce, and practice immediately on what has been presented during the morning. You'll also (almost always) be working in pairs which is a great way to learn from one another. You will also work on 3 mini projects along the program (which are perfect to show during interviews).

In terms of time commitment, class approximately goes from 9:00am-6:00pm everyday, and when you are done with the day, I usually spent a small hour reviewing lectures, working on challenges of the day or personal projects. I would definitely agree with others in saying that you'll get out of this program what you put in. It's a lot of new information and a lot of work, but if you're willing to invest the time an energy into learning, you'll be ecstatic with the results. Overall, I never felt overwhelmed by what I needed to accomplish. Instead, I felt excited and motivated every day to continue learning from my instructors (who were AMAZING) and peers.

In an effort to keep this brief, I'll conclude with a little bit about where I'm at now. As I mentioned, it's been about 4 months since I graduated from Vivadata. Since then, I've received several job offers and accepted one that I'm very excited about. Vivadata does a great job helping you feel confident speaking technically about your work, which was a major help during interviews. In several interviews I was asked to give a small presentation on a recent project I'd completed, so having a portfolio of work to choose from was extremely helpful. One more thing I'll note is that throughout my job-search, I surprisingly found my non-traditional background to be a strength. Many employers are looking for people who can bring a unique perspective to their company/product, and to them, bootcamp grads are ideal!

Overall, my experience was wonderful and I would highly recommend Vivadata to anyone looking to transition into data science!

• Livia Fabre • Graduate

J'ai suivi la formation à l'automne 2018. Je n'avais aucun background en informatique, ni même en math (je suis issue d'une formation littéraire), et j'ai réussi à suivre l'intégralité de la formation sans grosse difficulté. Les cours sont très structurés et progressifs de façon à amener tous les étudiants au même niveau, les enseignants sont très pédagogues et très sympathiques, ce qui permet une très bonne ambiance de travail ! Le programme est ambitieux et nécessite beaucoup de travail, mais je n'ai jamais été livrée à moi même lorsque j'étais en difficulté, il y avait toujours un membre de l'équipe enseignante pour m'aider à progresser et à reprendre confiance en moi. Je recommande sans hésitation cette formation !

• Awesome !
      - 5/23/2019
      Mathis Cordier • Data Scientist • Graduate

I just completed the curriculum and I feel great about what Ive learned and what I can accomplish in the future. The TAs really care about your learning. They are supportive and easy-going, which makes all the difference when you experience bootcamp levels of stress. The lectures are interesting and the projects are by and large fun. Your classmates are also great because everyone is motivated to be there and works hard.
      When I started at VIVADATA, I did have some prior coding experience from college, but those classes had never gone well and I was not at all confident in my abilities. With the VIVADATA curriculum, I feel like Im ready to start a career as a data scientist.
      However, the curriculum is super intense and you always feel like you never have enough time in the day. That being said, its very important to get adequate sleep and take breaks. Even if you dont feel like you can take a break. Do it, and do VIVADATA!

• Aboubacar Caron • Graduate

I loved every minute of my time at VIVADATA, and a big part of it is because of the people. The program does an incredible job with selecting its applicants - these are folks who I am looking forward to staying in touch with for the rest of my life. Everyone is generous, caring, and will bend over backwards to help you succeed. They will also kick your butt every step of the way as well. VIVADATA students are immensely talented and capable, not to mention driven and focused. The days move by quickly, the pairings are a blast, the assessment material will have time to soak in, and most importantly - you earn everyone's respect. All in all, VIVADATA is great and I would do it again.

• It helped me a lot
      - 5/23/2019
      Yona Bonnet • Student

I had a great experience at VIVADATA. The instructors were really great, both in terms of teaching but also just being available, to help, answer questions, or just chat about the industry, career prospects/future, general tech trends, etc. I was working full time as a data scientist within two months of finishing the course.

• Serge Arnaud • Data Scientist • Graduate

If you are looking for an efficient and pleasant way to learn data science, VIVADATA is the perfect place to go to.

After only few weeks, you will be confortable with Python, Numpy, Pandas, scikit-learn, keras, and much more.

Not only you will learn how to code but you will also get to work on
      concrete mini projects that will get your portfolio started!

Teachers are amazingly available and knowledgable.

VIVADATA was the best educational investment of my life!

• Luc Bodet • Data Scientist • Student

I have always wanted to start a career in data but wasn't sure how to start until I found VIVADATA.

After months of research, I decided to do a 10-week bootcamp in Data Science in Paris. This has been the best decision I could take! This program gave me the tools I needed to go out there and start a data scientist career.

The content is amazing, with really intuitive explanations and examples, and the team of teachers is excellent: passionated, caring and always eager to help you in the best possible way.

If you are looking for a career change in data, I highly suggest you considering VIVADATA as your first choice!

This program has an amazing curriculum and community! I have never felt more driven to succeed. Both the students around you and the TA truly want you to be the best you can be! The curriculum as well is built after many cohorts of perfecting anything that they could. The payment plan is also built to enable you to succeed