ubiqum-code-academy-logo

Ubiqum Code Academy

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Madrid

Ubiqum Code Academy

Ubiqum Code Academy is an immersive, 4 to 5-month Data Analytics & Java Coding bootcamp with campuses in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Barcelona, Spain and Berlin, Germany. If you are looking for a career in Technology or Data Analytics, Ubiqum is one of the few schools that offers a guarantee of employability, worth 50% of your course value. Ubiqum Code Academy's structured curriculum gradually rises in complexity until students are performing comfortably on a daily basis. Students will be able to think like a professional and immerse themselves into a real-life team environment.

The Ubiqum experience is unique for the learning methodology used. Called "Story Centered Curriculum," it has been developed by world-class instructional designers led by Roger C. Schank, founder of the Institute for the Learning Sciences and well renowned cognitive scientist and AI researcher from the University of Stanford and who also taught at the University of Carnegie Mellon and Silicon Valley.

At Ubiqum, students are placed into real world simulated projects with the help of professional mentor support. Ubiqum also provides professional career services.

Recent Ubiqum Code Academy Reviews: Rating 4.0

all (36) reviews for Ubiqum Code Academy →

Recent Ubiqum Code Academy News

• Data Analytics & Machine Learning, Full-Time On-site

LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Amsterdam
    In 5 months (800hrs), we take beginners with zero experience and turn them into data analysts. There is no pre-course work, which means everyone starts in the same position. This is a full-time, on-site immersive course. By the end of this course you’ll be able to use a range of data analysis tools to help any company make better business decisions. You will bring valuable skills to your new workplace, such as interpreting significant patterns, applying data mining to business and engineering tasks, and making predictions based on data sets.
    Deposit400€ - 1.500€ deposit
    • We offer different lending partners in each country.
    Tuition Plans- Standard Payment - Upfront Payment (10% disc.) - 50/50 Payment - Special Conditions (Contact Us)
    Prep WorkNone! Although we look for statistical backgrounds.
  • Data Analytics & Machine Learning, Part Time Offsite

LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Amsterdam
    In 450 hours, we take beginners with zero experience and turn them into data analysts. There is no pre-course work, which means everyone starts in the same position. By the end of this course you’ll be able to use a range of data analysis tools to help any company make better business decisions. You will bring valuable skills to your new workplace, such as interpreting significant patterns, applying data mining to business and engineering tasks, and making predictions based on data sets.
    Deposit€400 deposit
    • Pay in installments
    Prep WorkNone! Although we look for statistical backgrounds.
  • Web Development with Java, Full-Time On-site

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, Android, Java, Front End, Scrum
    LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Amsterdam
    In 5 months, we take beginners with zero experience and turn them into web developers. This requires no pre-course work. This is a full-time, on-site immersive course. You’ll arrive at 9.00 in the morning and leave at 17.00 every day. As a full stack Java developer, you will be working on the front-end but also on the “server-side” of websites; developing the code that creates and maintains user accounts, stores, and retrieves data. This skillset will help you become a fully rounded developer. You will learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Java and much more.
    Deposit400€ - 1.500€ deposit
    • We use lending partners in each country.
    Prep WorkNone!
  • Web Development with JavaScript, Full-Time On-site

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End, Scrum
    LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Amsterdam
    Designed for students with absolutely no prior programming knowledge, you will learn to code and become a Front-End “MERN Stack” Developer (HTML, CSS, Javascript, Vue, and Bootstrap to name a few), and “MERN Stack” (MongoDB, Express, React and Node.js). Because the program covers both front and back-end programming, after 500hrs, you'll become a full stack developer, ready to land a job in the opportunity-rich world of tech. This program is aimed at anyone that wants to get their coding career started. “MERN” is an acronym for four tools: MongoDB, Express, React, and Node.js. These four tools, when integrated together as a stack architecture, allow you to perform certain back-end functions without having to learn a whole new back-end language. While traditional back-end languages like Java remain very popular both with developers and companies, “MERN Stack” is growing in popularity and is a vital addition to the coder’s toolset.
    Deposit400€ - 1.500€ deposit
    • We use lending partners in each country.
    Prep WorkNone!

• Sir • Graduate
    During this pandemic, I am learning the same or more from Free Online material! I thought my 9900euros will provide me with more tools, I was fooled by their marketing.

Here is the 9900 euros favorite "story telling" methodology from Ubiqum :
    - a daily gross copy of the American standups will suffice.
    - we're 2 mentors at most, over a dozen students; each group has a different starting date. So, please book a 15 mns appointment max. daily.
    - here are your 10000 youtube videos and tons of free online material gathered for you. And, you have access to Ubiqum website right? Cool, just follow the plan of attack and drink tons of coffee if available!
    - hey, a presentation of the project is expected, a bit earlier than scheduled. Sorry, for that one, we have to be on schedule. Just do it, everything will make sense after the bootcamp. May the forces be with you!

And, oh please do not bother us unless you really want us to avoid you, follow the plan of attack, finish the projects. We are mentors and not teachers. "HERE AT UBIQUM WE DO NOT TEACH THE THEORY". Go back to your seat, we have to prepare more space for the upcoming newbies, go back to our own learning too, and enjoy some chats etc.

Okay, soooo no theory. Then tons of practice and surely plenty of work experience that could serve us, right?!
    After hearing the feedbacks given by the mentors to some students far more 'experienced' than them, I got my answers.Even in the Netherlands, none of us dare to be direct. It Is funny how the Web development students envy the apparent 'structured' Data Analytics department. We bite our tongue too long, expecting things to get better.
    Unfortunately, the 10days refund period is gone. Anyways, I am still waiting for a reply from the head office in Spain. So, who am I kidding?
    My money is so gone, and good luck finding a job in the field within 6 months per as Ubiqum ads with my current skills.
  • Data Science
    - 6/20/2018
    Roshan Kumar Bhuyan  User Photo
    Roshan Kumar Bhuyan • data scientist • Student Verified via GitHub

I was doing my masters' degree in Space engineering and I was unhappy as I didn't find anything that kept me interested and devoted. I had tried a few things in data science and tried to self-learn but I  realized quickly that the initial learning curve in this was really steep.  I have heard people use the phrase for data science - "It's easy, It's not Rocket science", but having studied rocket science as well,  i found out that data science was not easy.
    Browsing through hundreds of online courses and trying to learn from thousands of resources I was overwhelmed by the ever-changing and ever upgrading field of Data Science.
    I needed some structure and a beginners level course which was a challenge to find.
    I came across the data science course offered by Ubiqum and decided to enroll in it.
    Their  “learn by doing”methodology really focused on the practical aspects of data science which helped in greatly reducing the steep initial learning curve. Having said about the practical aspects, theoretical aspects are not forgotten either and the mentors discuss all the theory before, during and after every task.
    The projects are designed in such a way that the difficulty levels up with every subsequent project and this helped me build up a very strong base.
    I now have completed many projects at Ubiqum and ventured deep into the domain of data science and I would like to thank Ubiqum to provide me with the catapult which helped me launch myself into a career in data science.

• Karin  User Photo
    Karin • Junior Frontend Web and Mobile Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was working in a complete different field, but was always interested in coding. Before hearing about Ubiqum, I thought that this was only for engineers/computing experts.

When I went to my first interview at Ubiqum they open my eyes and showed me that this is something for everyone that want to become a developer without any previous experience.

What makes Ubiqum different is that it is the only bootcamp available in Barcelona for people with no previous experience in this field using the "Learning by doing" method. It is a full time course, from 9 to 17(Monday-Friday) that last 5 months. Overall in this 5 months you will go from 0 knowledge to obtaining the basics all developers need in the frontend and backend area.

Even though, you will have dedicated mentors supporting you throughout the entire course, they won't give you all the answers; instead they will guide you so you can look for the answers yourself which is what true developers do and what will be require in any company you join.

Without a doubt I will 100% recommend Ubiqum for anyone that wants to learn and join this crazy world of coding.

• Pol Benedito Momplet  User Photo
    Pol Benedito Momplet • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I use to work in sales in a small familiar company, I was really upset with my job, so I decided to change and I jump into this world. Ubiqum helped me to make this transition, supporting me during bad moments, they are very lovely people and very friendly. But for me the main point is the work environment and philosophy, since the first day looks like you are in a technology company with daily meetings, limit dates and projects to work on.

• Vaiva  User Photo
    Vaiva • Junior Front-End • Student Verified via LinkedIn

In the begining of the year 2017, I started to be interested to learn programming  as I found out that the job market is digitalising and there are lot of positions in IT sector and I struggled to find a job in my sector (chemistry). However, the studies were very costly but I found out the posibility to get the scholarship with UBIQUM and I was selected to  start the course with 24 other young people from diferent backgrounds. The profesors Thomas and Gisela were very kind, explaining everything from zero in very simple way.  We have realised several web and mobile app  projects and learned HTML, CSS and Java Script. I am very satisfied with the course and I recommend UBIQUM for everyone who wants to change or to learn programming. Also they help you to find a job. So the only thing what you need is your motivation! It is not so hard as it seems :)

• Luis Serra  User Photo
    Luis Serra • Mentor • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I did the data analytics online course at Ubiqum Code Academy.

The methodology encourages you to face real world problems and solve them in the same way problems are solved in companies.

At the same time you learn the tools to face data analysis and how to communicate results and insights to your workmates and how data gives new opportunities to your company.

It is the perfect path to be able to work right after finishing the course.

• Brilliant Method!
    - 7/12/2017
    MaJo  User Photo
    MaJo • Student Verified via LinkedIn

At first, I was in shock as I didn't  know a thing about coding, little did I knew that I will me doing my first web page in a couple of weeks. Their method is learning by real life examples and the challenges increase every task but at the end, you feel capable of facing any obstacle that comes to you.

Recruiters started contacting me throughout the course as they knew the level that ubiqum's students offered them, and I felt very comfortable at the interviews because I had experience with what they wanted for the job offers.

• Adrian Pinto  User Photo
    Adrian Pinto • Junior Front-End • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Personally, I've long wanted to learn the HTML5-CSS3-Javascript stack. But I could not find the motivation to reach my goals. In a few months in Ubiqum I have managed to make a great leap in my learning, with concepts of Vanilla.js, UI pattern, MVC, DOM, BOM and many others ...

Now if I feel that I am advancing and every time I have more desire to take a new step in Front-end to get closer to the world of work.

• Jordi Vilagut  User Photo
    Jordi Vilagut • Full Stack Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Before enrolling the Full Stack Developer Program at Ubiqum, programming was just a hobby for me, and the code I used to write was a bunch of messy incomprehensible lines. The teachers at Ubiqum took me to a whole new level and shaped me into a professional developer in just 16 weeks. Even more remarkable, some of my classmates that hadn't written a line of code before, became proficient just as fast. At Ubiqum you start coding from day one, developing projects that are fun and challenge your logic thinking skills. The atmosphere is chill and friendly and you learn to work both individually and within a team. Besides the curriculum itself, Ubiqum provides access to a whole bunch of extra resources that help you reach your goals: job application prep sessions, tech talks and other fun events for team building. I recommend Ubiqum to any person which passion for coding and goodwill to take new challenges.

• Moc • Graduate
    The course content and projects are outdated, without proper theory to help on the practice.
    The mentors are ridiculously under skilled and not experienced. Mentoring is not mental coaching in coding as they like to say, before they turn sour on you for asking them a question instead of sit down and figure your shit alone while paying 9900euros.
    The administration is in limbo.
    The job support is one of those huge marketing lie promising what they can't offer.
  • Laure Beel • Student
    You wished you've paid for skilled and knowledgeable mentors. Their ridiculous assumption that a mentor is there for cheering and not teaching is to hide from their shortcoming. No care from mentors, busy chatting, job hunting or doing their own learning online.
    Their standup meeting and presentations are all about marketing and 0 tech science orientation...the intend to copy and turn us into Shark tank, Dragon den suitors was ridiculous, but we had to do it, waste time, when we'd rather study and learn more... their so called flexibility.
    Indeed in the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed are kings. Our early ignorance was a bliss for them.
    Almost 10 000euros for 30minutes daily meeting with a mentor, to sit in a business location, in front of your computer, in CROWDED TABLES receiving new students each month, and others giving up the week after.  Students are complaining behind closed door, afraid to receive backlashes from mentors.

Management NEVER replied to our emails, the turnaround at the headquarter is terribly high, guess why.
    The curriculum in class was maybe well priced at 4000$ few years ago,  but they bumped the price and extended to play among the BEST worldwide bootcamps , but they are providing VERY POOR services.

I won't even start with their not updated websites ( so many broken links), tons of youtube videos, old case-studies. Mostly R, when the environment is fast pace, and Python should be added. Their AWS training is shameful,  one week to learn AWS. Furthermore, beyond student fees , we had to pay more for AWS practice.

Well, Job support, IN THE NETHERLANDS, THERE HAVE 0 SUPPORT, NO NETWORK, We met some past students, they are still job hunting. You job hunt, apply to a certain number of applications you found on your own...

Management should pay us back some tuitions, we paid full tuitions for in-class and half was done online ( we all suffer from Covid financial cost, use dour savings, not able to find a job etc)
  • Hans • Student
    2 weeks into the program ( the refundable fees), they wanted us to write reviews, most did, so the 4 or 5 stars. I waited and indeed here are the facts, you pay 10000euros for :
    % 0 administrative support in the Amsterdam campus, never heard from the office after the tuitions were paid.
    % free youtube videos, a platform with tons of broken links
    % potentially 10minutes with 2 of the graduate-students/mentors annoyed at your questions.  They would rather play on their computer, chat with their colleagues, or even flirt around.
    The mentors have a very limited theory and not enough coding practice. Not enough professional experience to help you understand the way business is done in that fast pace environment, just dummy stories found online.
    I saw several students finishing the day frustrated without any mentorship all day along after long waiting periods. Others scared and apologizing when asking 5 minutes of mentorship.

Ubiqum does not have business connections in the Netherlands as advertised.
    I earn my bread by the sweat of my brow, I saved for that bootcamp, and sadly here I am.
  • Phibe • Student
    I was a student at a Ubiqum bootcamp in Amsterdam. The best thing I can say about the bootcamp is that the learning content itself is good. If you're a good self-learner you should opt for the online version of the bootcamp. Although at 5000€ the online course is still expensive compared to the best worldwide online bootcamps. Better yet, google some learning resources and save yourself the money. The 9900€ on-site bootcamp is a total waste of money, especially considering there is no Python in the curriculum. Some professionals just wanting to upgrade their skills did skip the jobsearch section and save 20%.
    The rest of the bootcamp suffers from major problems. First of all, the ratio of students to mentors is way off.  It was at most 2 Mentors for 10-20 students during the bootcamp, with some time with only one. This resulted in very little interaction between students and mentors. Mentors were not very happy to be disturbed with questions while doing their own things; "oh well, its a self learning class" they said. So why would anyone pay 4000 extra for the on-site version rather than the online? Since the mentors were both recent graduates of the same program I could relate to them as a new coder but they had trouble addressing questions that reached beyond the exact content of the materials.
    The promise of finding a job in Amsterdam after completing this R oriented bootcamp was unrealistic. The 20-week bootcamp has only 14 weeks dedicated to learning code.