ubiqum-code-academy-logo

Ubiqum Code Academy

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Madrid

Ubiqum Code Academy

Ubiqum Code Academy is an immersive, 4 to 5-month Data Analytics & Java Coding bootcamp with campuses in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Barcelona, Spain and Berlin, Germany. If you are looking for a career in Technology or Data Analytics, Ubiqum is one of the few schools that offers a guarantee of employability, worth 50% of your course value. Ubiqum Code Academy's structured curriculum gradually rises in complexity until students are performing comfortably on a daily basis. Students will be able to think like a professional and immerse themselves into a real-life team environment.

The Ubiqum experience is unique for the learning methodology used. Called "Story Centered Curriculum," it has been developed by world-class instructional designers led by Roger C. Schank, founder of the Institute for the Learning Sciences and well renowned cognitive scientist and AI researcher from the University of Stanford and who also taught at the University of Carnegie Mellon and Silicon Valley.

At Ubiqum, students are placed into real world simulated projects with the help of professional mentor support. Ubiqum also provides professional career services.

Recent Ubiqum Code Academy Reviews: Rating 3.98

all (40) reviews for Ubiqum Code Academy →

Recent Ubiqum Code Academy News

• Data Analytics & Machine Learning, Full-Time On-site

LocationMadrid, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin
    In 5 months (800hrs), we take beginners with zero experience and turn them into data analysts. There is no pre-course work, which means everyone starts in the same position. This is a full-time, on-site immersive course. By the end of this course you’ll be able to use a range of data analysis tools to help any company make better business decisions. You will bring valuable skills to your new workplace, such as interpreting significant patterns, applying data mining to business and engineering tasks, and making predictions based on data sets.
    Deposit400€ - 1.500€ deposit
    • We offer different lending partners in each country.
    Tuition Plans- Standard Payment - Upfront Payment (10% disc.) - 50/50 Payment - Special Conditions (Contact Us)
    Prep WorkNone! Although we look for statistical backgrounds.
  • Data Analytics & Machine Learning, Part Time Offsite

LocationMadrid, Berlin, Amsterdam, Barcelona
    In 450 hours, we take beginners with zero experience and turn them into data analysts. There is no pre-course work, which means everyone starts in the same position. By the end of this course you’ll be able to use a range of data analysis tools to help any company make better business decisions. You will bring valuable skills to your new workplace, such as interpreting significant patterns, applying data mining to business and engineering tasks, and making predictions based on data sets.
    Deposit€400 deposit
    • Pay in installments
    Prep WorkNone! Although we look for statistical backgrounds.
  • Web Development with Java, Full-Time On-site

CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, jQuery, Mobile, MySQL, Scrum, Android
    LocationAmsterdam, Madrid, Berlin, Barcelona
    In 5 months, we take beginners with zero experience and turn them into web developers. This requires no pre-course work. This is a full-time, on-site immersive course. You’ll arrive at 9.00 in the morning and leave at 17.00 every day. As a full stack Java developer, you will be working on the front-end but also on the “server-side” of websites; developing the code that creates and maintains user accounts, stores, and retrieves data. This skillset will help you become a fully rounded developer. You will learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Java and much more.
    Deposit400€ - 1.500€ deposit
    • We use lending partners in each country.
    Prep WorkNone!
  • Web Development with JavaScript, Full-Time On-site

CSS, Express.js, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Mobile, MongoDB, Node.js, React.js, Scrum
    LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Amsterdam
    Designed for students with absolutely no prior programming knowledge, you will learn to code and become a Front-End “MERN Stack” Developer (HTML, CSS, Javascript, Vue, and Bootstrap to name a few), and “MERN Stack” (MongoDB, Express, React and Node.js). Because the program covers both front and back-end programming, after 500hrs, you'll become a full stack developer, ready to land a job in the opportunity-rich world of tech. This program is aimed at anyone that wants to get their coding career started. “MERN” is an acronym for four tools: MongoDB, Express, React, and Node.js. These four tools, when integrated together as a stack architecture, allow you to perform certain back-end functions without having to learn a whole new back-end language. While traditional back-end languages like Java remain very popular both with developers and companies, “MERN Stack” is growing in popularity and is a vital addition to the coder’s toolset.
    Deposit400€ - 1.500€ deposit
    • We use lending partners in each country.
    Prep WorkNone!
  • Data Science
    - 6/20/2018
    Roshan Kumar Bhuyan  User Photo
    Roshan Kumar Bhuyan • data scientist • Student Verified via GitHub

I was doing my masters' degree in Space engineering and I was unhappy as I didn't find anything that kept me interested and devoted. I had tried a few things in data science and tried to self-learn but I  realized quickly that the initial learning curve in this was really steep.  I have heard people use the phrase for data science - "It's easy, It's not Rocket science", but having studied rocket science as well,  i found out that data science was not easy.
    Browsing through hundreds of online courses and trying to learn from thousands of resources I was overwhelmed by the ever-changing and ever upgrading field of Data Science.
    I needed some structure and a beginners level course which was a challenge to find.
    I came across the data science course offered by Ubiqum and decided to enroll in it.
    Their  “learn by doing”methodology really focused on the practical aspects of data science which helped in greatly reducing the steep initial learning curve. Having said about the practical aspects, theoretical aspects are not forgotten either and the mentors discuss all the theory before, during and after every task.
    The projects are designed in such a way that the difficulty levels up with every subsequent project and this helped me build up a very strong base.
    I now have completed many projects at Ubiqum and ventured deep into the domain of data science and I would like to thank Ubiqum to provide me with the catapult which helped me launch myself into a career in data science.

• Karin  User Photo
    Karin • Junior Frontend Web and Mobile Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was working in a complete different field, but was always interested in coding. Before hearing about Ubiqum, I thought that this was only for engineers/computing experts.

When I went to my first interview at Ubiqum they open my eyes and showed me that this is something for everyone that want to become a developer without any previous experience.

What makes Ubiqum different is that it is the only bootcamp available in Barcelona for people with no previous experience in this field using the "Learning by doing" method. It is a full time course, from 9 to 17(Monday-Friday) that last 5 months. Overall in this 5 months you will go from 0 knowledge to obtaining the basics all developers need in the frontend and backend area.

Even though, you will have dedicated mentors supporting you throughout the entire course, they won't give you all the answers; instead they will guide you so you can look for the answers yourself which is what true developers do and what will be require in any company you join.

Without a doubt I will 100% recommend Ubiqum for anyone that wants to learn and join this crazy world of coding.

• Pol Benedito Momplet  User Photo
    Pol Benedito Momplet • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I use to work in sales in a small familiar company, I was really upset with my job, so I decided to change and I jump into this world. Ubiqum helped me to make this transition, supporting me during bad moments, they are very lovely people and very friendly. But for me the main point is the work environment and philosophy, since the first day looks like you are in a technology company with daily meetings, limit dates and projects to work on.

• Vaiva  User Photo
    Vaiva • Junior Front-End • Student Verified via LinkedIn

In the begining of the year 2017, I started to be interested to learn programming  as I found out that the job market is digitalising and there are lot of positions in IT sector and I struggled to find a job in my sector (chemistry). However, the studies were very costly but I found out the posibility to get the scholarship with UBIQUM and I was selected to  start the course with 24 other young people from diferent backgrounds. The profesors Thomas and Gisela were very kind, explaining everything from zero in very simple way.  We have realised several web and mobile app  projects and learned HTML, CSS and Java Script. I am very satisfied with the course and I recommend UBIQUM for everyone who wants to change or to learn programming. Also they help you to find a job. So the only thing what you need is your motivation! It is not so hard as it seems :)

• Luis Serra  User Photo
    Luis Serra • Mentor • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I did the data analytics online course at Ubiqum Code Academy.

The methodology encourages you to face real world problems and solve them in the same way problems are solved in companies.

At the same time you learn the tools to face data analysis and how to communicate results and insights to your workmates and how data gives new opportunities to your company.

It is the perfect path to be able to work right after finishing the course.

• Brilliant Method!
    - 7/12/2017
    MaJo  User Photo
    MaJo • Student Verified via LinkedIn

At first, I was in shock as I didn't  know a thing about coding, little did I knew that I will me doing my first web page in a couple of weeks. Their method is learning by real life examples and the challenges increase every task but at the end, you feel capable of facing any obstacle that comes to you.

Recruiters started contacting me throughout the course as they knew the level that ubiqum's students offered them, and I felt very comfortable at the interviews because I had experience with what they wanted for the job offers.

• Adrian Pinto  User Photo
    Adrian Pinto • Junior Front-End • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Personally, I've long wanted to learn the HTML5-CSS3-Javascript stack. But I could not find the motivation to reach my goals. In a few months in Ubiqum I have managed to make a great leap in my learning, with concepts of Vanilla.js, UI pattern, MVC, DOM, BOM and many others ...

Now if I feel that I am advancing and every time I have more desire to take a new step in Front-end to get closer to the world of work.

• Jordi Vilagut  User Photo
    Jordi Vilagut • Full Stack Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Before enrolling the Full Stack Developer Program at Ubiqum, programming was just a hobby for me, and the code I used to write was a bunch of messy incomprehensible lines. The teachers at Ubiqum took me to a whole new level and shaped me into a professional developer in just 16 weeks. Even more remarkable, some of my classmates that hadn't written a line of code before, became proficient just as fast. At Ubiqum you start coding from day one, developing projects that are fun and challenge your logic thinking skills. The atmosphere is chill and friendly and you learn to work both individually and within a team. Besides the curriculum itself, Ubiqum provides access to a whole bunch of extra resources that help you reach your goals: job application prep sessions, tech talks and other fun events for team building. I recommend Ubiqum to any person which passion for coding and goodwill to take new challenges.

• Yoel Noy • Web developer • Graduate
    So intensive and so rewarding! I learned more than I could ever dream of and even though I had my doubts, I got hired as a web developer 2 months after graduating. Ubiqum completely changed my life
  • Bert • Graduate

Ubiqum requested us to post a review since last year, I waited to finish another Analytic course (cheaper), a free online course before sharing my experience.

I am not new at coding, I do some SQL, advanced Macro for years . From past experiences, I benefited a lot from job shadowing, face to face mentorship (from experts at my workplace and online course, then consolidated and grew more skills thru tasks and time). So I was attracted by the "learning doing" at your pace advertised.  Also, they had "good" reviews too. Though mostly from the Spanish campus and I guess by now, most done before 2019 before Ubiqum expansion in other countries, all that led me to enroll at Ubiqum in 2019 on site. FAR BEFORE THE 1st COVID ALERT IN CHINA, so any lockdown in Europe....

From week 1 I felt low spirited, by week 3 hearing the same from other disappointed students about the outdated curriculum and the unskilled frustrating mentors; I realized I had to quit the program and send a request for the refund. I was informed that the cancellation period was over.

Until today I deeply regret that choice, I lost hard earned savings .

Do not even make me start on their Job support... They do not get you the job, nor in any effective way help you finding one.

My cheap online class offered: online professional resume help and support+ technical preparation for challenges or case studies for interviews. 1000euros vs 10000euros.

With so many people financially struggling with the current market, economy, I can definitely say that Ubiqum was not worth it at all.

• Rose • Student • Student
    The course is set up in a good way starting with easy coding working up to full stack programming. Every project gets a little harder. The step from front end to full stack is actually quite big and not very gradual.
    The good thing about the program is the fact that you have a mentor with lots of experience in the industry. They are what gets you through the hard times when you get really stuck. They are also very flexible and open to helping you with technologies outside of the program as well.
    The manual is a bit outdated, but the mentors make up for that.

I found a job within the industry within 2 months after finishing the course. It wasn't super easy as most companies want 2/3 years of experience even for junior positions. But when you really emphasize that you start programming from the first day and you have a nice portfolio in github, it will convince companies to invite you for interviews.
  • government jobs
    - 6/28/2021
    UREXAM • SEO • Student
    We give you tools to configure your own exam that can be tailored to your needs and focus on areas that are important to you.

For more details, visit: https://www.urexam.in/