ubiqum-code-academy-logo

Ubiqum Code Academy

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Madrid

Ubiqum Code Academy

Ubiqum Code Academy is an immersive, 4 to 5-month Data Analytics & Java Coding bootcamp with campuses in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Barcelona, Spain and Berlin, Germany. If you are looking for a career in Technology or Data Analytics, Ubiqum is one of the few schools that offers a guarantee of employability, worth 50% of your course value. Ubiqum Code Academy's structured curriculum gradually rises in complexity until students are performing comfortably on a daily basis. Students will be able to think like a professional and immerse themselves into a real-life team environment.

The Ubiqum experience is unique for the learning methodology used. Called "Story Centered Curriculum," it has been developed by world-class instructional designers led by Roger C. Schank, founder of the Institute for the Learning Sciences and well renowned cognitive scientist and AI researcher from the University of Stanford and who also taught at the University of Carnegie Mellon and Silicon Valley.

At Ubiqum, students are placed into real world simulated projects with the help of professional mentor support. Ubiqum also provides professional career services.

Recent Ubiqum Code Academy Reviews: Rating 4.69

all (29) reviews for Ubiqum Code Academy →

Recent Ubiqum Code Academy News

• Data Analytics & Machine Learning, Full-Time On-site

LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Amsterdam
    In 5 months (800hrs), we take beginners with zero experience and turn them into data analysts. There is no pre-course work, which means everyone starts in the same position. This is a full-time, on-site immersive course. By the end of this course you’ll be able to use a range of data analysis tools to help any company make better business decisions. You will bring valuable skills to your new workplace, such as interpreting significant patterns, applying data mining to business and engineering tasks, and making predictions based on data sets.
    Deposit400€ - 1.500€ deposit
    • We offer different lending partners in each country.
    Tuition Plans- Standard Payment - Upfront Payment (10% disc.) - 50/50 Payment - Special Conditions (Contact Us)
    Prep WorkNone! Although we look for statistical backgrounds.
  • Data Analytics & Machine Learning, Part Time Offsite

LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Amsterdam
    In 450 hours, we take beginners with zero experience and turn them into data analysts. There is no pre-course work, which means everyone starts in the same position. By the end of this course you’ll be able to use a range of data analysis tools to help any company make better business decisions. You will bring valuable skills to your new workplace, such as interpreting significant patterns, applying data mining to business and engineering tasks, and making predictions based on data sets.
    Deposit€400 deposit
    • Pay in installments
    Prep WorkNone! Although we look for statistical backgrounds.
  • Web Development with Java, Full-Time On-site

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, Android, Java, Front End, Scrum
    LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Amsterdam
    In 5 months, we take beginners with zero experience and turn them into web developers. This requires no pre-course work. This is a full-time, on-site immersive course. You’ll arrive at 9.00 in the morning and leave at 17.00 every day. As a full stack Java developer, you will be working on the front-end but also on the “server-side” of websites; developing the code that creates and maintains user accounts, stores, and retrieves data. This skillset will help you become a fully rounded developer. You will learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Java and much more.
    Deposit400€ - 1.500€ deposit
    • We use lending partners in each country.
    Prep WorkNone!
  • Web Development with JavaScript, Full-Time On-site

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Mobile, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Front End, Scrum
    LocationMadrid, Barcelona, Berlin, Amsterdam
    Designed for students with absolutely no prior programming knowledge, you will learn to code and become a Front-End “MERN Stack” Developer (HTML, CSS, Javascript, Vue, and Bootstrap to name a few), and “MERN Stack” (MongoDB, Express, React and Node.js). Because the program covers both front and back-end programming, after 500hrs, you'll become a full stack developer, ready to land a job in the opportunity-rich world of tech. This program is aimed at anyone that wants to get their coding career started. “MERN” is an acronym for four tools: MongoDB, Express, React, and Node.js. These four tools, when integrated together as a stack architecture, allow you to perform certain back-end functions without having to learn a whole new back-end language. While traditional back-end languages like Java remain very popular both with developers and companies, “MERN Stack” is growing in popularity and is a vital addition to the coder’s toolset.
    Deposit400€ - 1.500€ deposit
    • We use lending partners in each country.
    Prep WorkNone!

• Data Science
    - 6/20/2018
    Roshan Kumar Bhuyan  User Photo
    Roshan Kumar Bhuyan • data scientist • Student Verified via GitHub

I was doing my masters' degree in Space engineering and I was unhappy as I didn't find anything that kept me interested and devoted. I had tried a few things in data science and tried to self-learn but I  realized quickly that the initial learning curve in this was really steep.  I have heard people use the phrase for data science - "It's easy, It's not Rocket science", but having studied rocket science as well,  i found out that data science was not easy.
    Browsing through hundreds of online courses and trying to learn from thousands of resources I was overwhelmed by the ever-changing and ever upgrading field of Data Science.
    I needed some structure and a beginners level course which was a challenge to find.
    I came across the data science course offered by Ubiqum and decided to enroll in it.
    Their  “learn by doing”methodology really focused on the practical aspects of data science which helped in greatly reducing the steep initial learning curve. Having said about the practical aspects, theoretical aspects are not forgotten either and the mentors discuss all the theory before, during and after every task.
    The projects are designed in such a way that the difficulty levels up with every subsequent project and this helped me build up a very strong base.
    I now have completed many projects at Ubiqum and ventured deep into the domain of data science and I would like to thank Ubiqum to provide me with the catapult which helped me launch myself into a career in data science.

• Karin  User Photo
    Karin • Junior Frontend Web and Mobile Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I was working in a complete different field, but was always interested in coding. Before hearing about Ubiqum, I thought that this was only for engineers/computing experts.

When I went to my first interview at Ubiqum they open my eyes and showed me that this is something for everyone that want to become a developer without any previous experience.

What makes Ubiqum different is that it is the only bootcamp available in Barcelona for people with no previous experience in this field using the "Learning by doing" method. It is a full time course, from 9 to 17(Monday-Friday) that last 5 months. Overall in this 5 months you will go from 0 knowledge to obtaining the basics all developers need in the frontend and backend area.

Even though, you will have dedicated mentors supporting you throughout the entire course, they won't give you all the answers; instead they will guide you so you can look for the answers yourself which is what true developers do and what will be require in any company you join.

Without a doubt I will 100% recommend Ubiqum for anyone that wants to learn and join this crazy world of coding.

• Pol Benedito Momplet  User Photo
    Pol Benedito Momplet • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I use to work in sales in a small familiar company, I was really upset with my job, so I decided to change and I jump into this world. Ubiqum helped me to make this transition, supporting me during bad moments, they are very lovely people and very friendly. But for me the main point is the work environment and philosophy, since the first day looks like you are in a technology company with daily meetings, limit dates and projects to work on.

• Vaiva  User Photo
    Vaiva • Junior Front-End • Student Verified via LinkedIn

In the begining of the year 2017, I started to be interested to learn programming  as I found out that the job market is digitalising and there are lot of positions in IT sector and I struggled to find a job in my sector (chemistry). However, the studies were very costly but I found out the posibility to get the scholarship with UBIQUM and I was selected to  start the course with 24 other young people from diferent backgrounds. The profesors Thomas and Gisela were very kind, explaining everything from zero in very simple way.  We have realised several web and mobile app  projects and learned HTML, CSS and Java Script. I am very satisfied with the course and I recommend UBIQUM for everyone who wants to change or to learn programming. Also they help you to find a job. So the only thing what you need is your motivation! It is not so hard as it seems :)

• Luis Serra  User Photo
    Luis Serra • Mentor • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I did the data analytics online course at Ubiqum Code Academy.

The methodology encourages you to face real world problems and solve them in the same way problems are solved in companies.

At the same time you learn the tools to face data analysis and how to communicate results and insights to your workmates and how data gives new opportunities to your company.

It is the perfect path to be able to work right after finishing the course.

• Brilliant Method!
    - 7/12/2017
    MaJo  User Photo
    MaJo • Student Verified via LinkedIn

At first, I was in shock as I didn't  know a thing about coding, little did I knew that I will me doing my first web page in a couple of weeks. Their method is learning by real life examples and the challenges increase every task but at the end, you feel capable of facing any obstacle that comes to you.

Recruiters started contacting me throughout the course as they knew the level that ubiqum's students offered them, and I felt very comfortable at the interviews because I had experience with what they wanted for the job offers.

• Adrian Pinto  User Photo
    Adrian Pinto • Junior Front-End • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Personally, I've long wanted to learn the HTML5-CSS3-Javascript stack. But I could not find the motivation to reach my goals. In a few months in Ubiqum I have managed to make a great leap in my learning, with concepts of Vanilla.js, UI pattern, MVC, DOM, BOM and many others ...

Now if I feel that I am advancing and every time I have more desire to take a new step in Front-end to get closer to the world of work.

• Jordi Vilagut  User Photo
    Jordi Vilagut • Full Stack Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Before enrolling the Full Stack Developer Program at Ubiqum, programming was just a hobby for me, and the code I used to write was a bunch of messy incomprehensible lines. The teachers at Ubiqum took me to a whole new level and shaped me into a professional developer in just 16 weeks. Even more remarkable, some of my classmates that hadn't written a line of code before, became proficient just as fast. At Ubiqum you start coding from day one, developing projects that are fun and challenge your logic thinking skills. The atmosphere is chill and friendly and you learn to work both individually and within a team. Besides the curriculum itself, Ubiqum provides access to a whole bunch of extra resources that help you reach your goals: job application prep sessions, tech talks and other fun events for team building. I recommend Ubiqum to any person which passion for coding and goodwill to take new challenges.

• Egle • Junior Software Developer • Graduate

When I started the bootcamp at Ubiqum, I knew very little about coding.  4 months later, I got my first job as a Junior Developer.
    I can honestly recommend this course to anyone eager to learn and ready to invest their time and energy. The method applied at Ubiqum really works - it is incredible how much you can learn during this relatively short time. From day one you start working on your own projects and you are guided through diverse challenges in the way that teaches you to work autonomously and find solutions to problems yourself.
    To me, it was an amazing experience in a friendly, nurturing environment with inspiring and supportive people.

• Ernesto Olivier • Graduate

The greatest part of Ubiqum is the methodology because you never stop practising, making mistakes and learning from them.

I would recommend it 100% because I've learn so much and I saw how colleagues here who came with no coding experience whatsoever and what they’re producing is really good!

It will always work if you are focused and committed.

• Java Developer
    - 12/11/2017
    Vicent Clapés • Student

One of the best decisions I made in my life. I took a risk signing up for a bootcamp I didn't know if I would like or if it would really help me land a job, but it totally worked out.

The environment, the mentors, the partners... everything was great. The staff working there was flawless aswell. They made me feel part of a family for 5 months and they thaught me the necessary skills to go out there on my own and find myself a job.

I could go on and on about the academy, but really...if you want to do a bootcamp, you better sign up for this one and then you will get to experience everything and see I was right.

• Mikel De Juan

I decided to start this part time course for 3 main reason:

1.-  From my experience most of this educational courses offers a theorical and general contexto of data analysis, but this one, gives you a REAL theorical and practical knowledge of what data analysis and how to code through R.

2.- I can combine my day a day job with this course. It offers the needed flexibility to adapt to high work moments and still continue working in the task.

3.- Finally, it gives you the chance to apart from the course background, start your own data project in your work.

Very happy with the content, the mentors and the results. Sometimes its hard but worth it.

• Bruno Ortiz • Graduate

The learning experience at Ubiqum was amazing, the work environment was very pleasant and I got to meet a lot of interesting people who were also trying to change their career just like me.
    At Ubiqum, they use the Learn by Doing methodology. That means that instead of having lessons like in a typical course, I was embedded into a work environment simulation from day 1 with client requirements to cater to and deadlines to abide to. This really taught me how the day-to-day life of a developer goes and how to be effective in such situations. To accomplish the fictional client's request, all the class was given a Plan of Attack outlining one possible way to solve the tasks and a set of related resources to learn how to go about solving it. I found this very interesting since you not only learn the basics on web development but also how and where to find high-quality information on the web.
    The program itself is slow at first but it ramps up as we learned more and more concepts. It really takes dedication from the students and the will to learn and improve yourself as a person. Upon finishing the program, I not only knew how to build a web page's front and back end, but I felt confident that I could build on the strong basic structure that Ubiqum gave me and learn on my own how to use further tools and frameworks that my future employers could require.

This is not an easy course, it takes real dedication and the will to learn. But this is the best simulation of what the actual work-life of a developer is and I am 100% satisfied with my experience at Ubiqum.

• Pau Flores • Data Scientist • Graduate

In 5 months, you can learn basics of data mining and machine learning using the methodology "learning by doing". A nice work space for learning basics in R programming, statistics, machine learning, and also developing data analysis knowledge from a business point of view, with the help of your mentors.

• Learn By doing
    - 7/13/2017
    Rafaela • Graduate

I was looking for a system to learn web-development but never had time, proper tools and plan of attack to start studying by my self/on-line platforms. Ubiqum offered the ideal conditions and I could start from zero, with basic and important topics such as HTML5, CSS and JavaScript among others in the front-end web development bootcamp. I would say that Ubiqum is a great code academy for those that are looking for some learn by doing experience, good environment and guidance to give the first steps into this career.

• Andrei Demeter • Student

I'm on my fourth month with Ubiqum and i learned a lot of staff , i wasnt familiarized with computers and IT tecnologies and now i feel very confident to learn everithing i want. Learn by doing gives you the confidence to achive step by step all your goals. Having good mentors and amazings collegues is a must. thanks to Ubiqum for that !!!

• Lluis Casajuana • Student

I'm about to finish the Java Developer course where I've had the opportunity to implement some technologies that I already knew, such as HTML, CSS and Javascript, together with new knowledges related with Back-end absolutely new for me (Java). Until now I had just developed webs with Wordpress and made some little exercises with HTML, CSS and Javascript, but I had never implemented all these technologies together in real projects like real life, so this is the best point of Ubiqum for me: you work like you will do in a real company. Mentors are nice and help you when you are blocked (some more than others ;D) and they help you with finding job process. This is the other strong point in Ubiqum: you don't leave the school until you have the job. This school compromise was the point why I decided to sign up into the course. In resume, if you are looking for entering to web development sector, Ubiqum will make it easier for you.

• Juan Vasini • Full-stack Developer • Student

The concept about Learn by Doing is amazing, you can become a professional if you really want and if you dedicade yourself in that, in this case Full-stack Developer.

• Luca Bellarosa • Student

Hi,
    my name is Luca Bellarosa and I recently finished the course on Data Analysis and Big date at the Ubiqum Code Academy in Barcelona, starting from October 10th of 2016 and ending on February 10th of 2017.
    The course is very dense and since the beginning you are asked to solve issues in real case scenarios, while at the same time learning new software, concepts, and programming.
    Even if intense, the methodology employed by the academy, the so-called "learn by doing" approach, helped me to fix in my mind the new concepts of machine learning, R programming, and forecasting that I was discovering on a daily basis. Weekends were used to round off my knowledge of machine learning by studying the resources that are available to all the students.
    During the course you are required to report on your findings on a weekly basis, and this helps you further in fixing the concepts in your brain.
    The presence of a mentor that stays with the students during all morning helped me to solve many issues that inevitably arose during the course, without feeling the social gap there is between a student and a professor: this point is very important to me.
    Moreover, after the first month you start to make some coaching sessions to help you get rid of insecurities and to ease your entrance in the job market.
    Finally, the academy itself helps you with the CV and Linkedin and by hiring another company specialized in job finding in order to maximize your chances to find a job.
    The main problem of the course, in my opinion, is that the agenda is incredibly dense to be just 4 months, but I recently found out that they increased the time of attendance to 5 months, so this is not an issue anymore.
    All in all, my opinion about the course is very positive, and it promotes a way of learning definitely more practical and long-lasting.

• Raul • Student

Quizá al principio choca su metodología Learn by Doing, quizá frustra, quizá te supera, pero una vez te haces con ella entras en una dinámica de aprendizaje continuo. Los mentores ayudan mucho y son una figura esencial en esta aventura. Nada malo que añadir.  Me lo jugué todo a una carta y elegí el As.

• Great!
    - 2/21/2017
    Marc Vea • Junior Data Analyst • Graduate

It was a surprise for me to understand that Ubiqum was not only a boot camp, it was also a way of life. Ubiqum has undisclosed inner faculties that I did not even know were inside of me. It was awesome to develop all the skills and to acquire the knowledge to become a true Data Analyst with a team I will never forget, and to have grown for these months with all the companions and projects I will never leave behind.

• Rubén Guerrero

La realización del curso de Data Analytics y Big Data en Ubiqum me ha permitido iniciar y desarrollar con entusiasmo mi trayectoria como Data Analyst a través de la realización de diferentes proyectos de gran interés para las empresas desde el día 1 de curso. Durante la realización de estos proyectos he aprendido codificar en R de manera fluida y me ha permitido conocer el análisis de datos tanto desde una perspectiva técnica como desde una perspectiva de negocio. Además, el aprendizaje obtenido gracias a mis compañeros ha hecho que esta experiencia sea aún más enriquecedora.  Este tipo de formación es ideal para desarrollarse como profesional y como persona.

• Henry Mejia • Graduate

He realizado el curso de Html, Css y Javascript. Con respecto a ello puedo decir que el curso esta muy bien estructurado para seguir la metodología que te proponen, el "Learn by doing". Dicho método consiste en eso, aprender poniendo en práctica lo que el programa y mentores te proponen. En consiguiente, los resultados obtenidos dependerán en gran parte del estudiante y el empeño dedicado a sacar adelante el trabajo. Como recomendación para Ubiqum les recomendaría incentivar la disciplina, por lo demás, muy bien. Buen ambiente, excelentes mentores y un equipo profesional dedicado 100% a ti.

• poor quality
    - 4/29/2019

on beginning it was very good, they make a high professional presentation.

Later, they came out with an 1:1 copy of a content from https://de.khanacademy.org/ and  a tutor who is very poor in language. She had no qualification in education, maybe a professinal but not someone who can educated others.

At all between read a book and practice and them is just one diffrence the price. A book cost you 50-100 dollars but Ubiqum  milliers dollar.

• Anonymous • junior front end developer • Graduate

It was a really good well structrued bootcamp which will give you reall time hands on project to enhence your skills.