truecoders-logo

TrueCoders

Birmingham, Online

TrueCoders

TrueCoders is a software development bootcamp that offers an intensive full-time 9-week course or a part-time 6-month evening course both live online and at its campus in Hoover, Alabama. Both courses cover C#, .NET, Java, the ASP.NET MVC framework, relational databases like SQL, webkit based debuggers VPN, RDP and a basic working knowledge of networking and file permissions. TrueCoders also specializes in source control and students will receive in-depth instruction on Git. TrueCoders aims to provide new coders with the tools needed to find a position in the digital job market including marketable skills, career navigation, and a support community.

TrueCoders is meant for career switchers and those with no prior programming experience who wish to enter the tech industry. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling an interview online. A member of their staff will soon follow up with a call.

Before graduation, TrueCoders prepare their students for the job market by improving their resumes, helping them create networking opportunities, and hosting practice interviews. TrueCoders also focuses on communication skills and teaches students how to leverage connections they may have in the tech industry (including fellow students). TrueCoders actively fosters community and friendship with weekly social activities in and out of the classroom such as soccer matches or laser tag. After graduation, the TrueCoders placement team works with graduates to make introductions, set up interviews, coaching before interviews sending out job applications.

Recent TrueCoders Reviews: Rating 4.9

all (111) reviews for TrueCoders →

Recent TrueCoders News

• Full-Stack Software Engineering Day Course

MySQL, Data Science, HTML, Git, C#, .NET, ASP.NET, CSS, Data Structures, Java, Front End, Scrum, SQL, MVC, REST, GitHub
    The Full-Stack Software Engineering Day Course offers an intensive Full-Time 9-week course that's brought to you live-online. These courses are delivered live-online by our instructors, Monday-Friday, from 9 AM - 3 PM CT. You'll be able to interact with your classmates and instructors in real-time. Both courses cover Git and Github, C#, .NET, Java, the ASP.NET Core MVC framework, SQL, WebKit based debuggers, and networking/file permissions. TrueCoders aims to provide new developers with the tools needed to launch their careers in Software Engineering! TrueCoders is for anyone with no prior programming experience or those who want to make a switch in careers. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling a call with an Enrollment Advisor at https://truecoders.io/contact/. During the call, they will provide you with all the information needed to decide whether TrueCoders is for you! Career services cover vital information such as resume building, creating your brand on Linked-In, professional networking, gaining experience, and what it takes to land that first job in your new career! You'll be able to schedule 1:1 time with our Career Service Professionals that will guide you toward your dream career. Apart from the curriculum and career services, TrueCoders is a community of developers that strive to help each other grow in their journey of becoming the best software developers they can be!
    Direct Financing available. Climb Credit Financing available.
    Tuition PlansWe offer a direct financing option of $375/month, or an upfront payment of $4,500
    Refund / GuaranteeWe can issue a refund up to 14 days before the class start date. Afterward, we solidify your position in your registered class as a student.
  • Full-Stack Software Engineering Night Course

MySQL, Data Science, HTML, Git, C#, .NET, ASP.NET, CSS, Data Structures, Java, Front End, Scrum, Agile, SQL, MVC, REST, GitHub
    The Full-Stack Web Development Night Course offers a well-paced part-time afternoon course that's brought to you live online. Our instructors deliver these courses, either Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday/Friday, from 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM CT. You'll be able to interact with your classmates and instructors in real-time. Both the Day and Night course cover Git and Github, Javascript, React, HTML, CSS, Ruby, SQL, WebKit based debuggers, and networking/file permissions. This curriculum aims to provide you with the skills to launch a new career in Web Development! TrueCoders is for anyone with no prior programming experience or those who want to make a switch in careers. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling a call with an Enrollment Advisor at https://truecoders.io/contact/. During the call, they will provide you with all the information needed to decide whether TrueCoders is for you! Career services cover vital information such as resume building, creating your brand on Linked-In, professional networking, gaining experience, and what it takes to land that first job in your new career! You'll be able to schedule 1:1 time with our Career Service Professionals that will guide you toward your dream career. Apart from the curriculum and career services, TrueCoders is a community of developers that strive to help each other grow in their journey of becoming the best software developers they can be!
  • Full-Stack Web Development Day Course

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Rails, CSS, React.js, Front End, Ruby, Scrum, Agile, GitHub
    The Full-Stack Web Development Day Course offers an intensive Full-Time 9-week course that's brought to you online. These courses are delivered live-online by our instructors, Monday-Friday, from 9 AM - 3 PM CT. You'll be able to interact with your classmates and instructors in real-time. Both the Day and Night course cover Git and Github, Javascript, React, HTML, CSS, Ruby, SQL, WebKit based debuggers, and networking/file permissions. This curriculum aims to provide you with the skills to launch a new career in Web Development! TrueCoders is for anyone with no prior programming experience or those who want to make a switch in careers. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling a call with an Enrollment Advisor at https://truecoders.io/contact/. During the call, they will provide you with all the information needed to decide whether TrueCoders is for you! Career services cover vital information such as resume building, creating your brand on Linked-In, professional networking, gaining experience, and what it takes to land that first job in your new career! You'll be able to schedule 1:1 time with our Career Service Professionals that will guide you toward your dream career. Apart from the curriculum and career services, TrueCoders is a community of developers that strive to help each other grow in their journey of becoming the best software developers they can be!
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic Computer Skills
  • Full-Stack Web Development Night Course

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Rails, CSS, React.js, Front End, Ruby, Scrum, Agile, REST, GitHub
  • Mike Burnette • Student
    I researched many boot camps and ended up settling on TrueCoders due to the cost initially, but I was really swayed by the way they were willing to work with me before the class even started.  I wasn't sure if I would be going back to work and so I was apprehensive about spending the money, but they assured me they would help me finish the course no matter what.  This class was more than worth the money spent.  Our instructor Michael Doyle was very patient and extremely knowledgable and always willing to help each one of us.  I cannot stress how great he and Whit Stroup were!    You can get time outside of class as well to work with an instructor on anything you need help with.
    Job placement services were great too.  They do everything but get you the job, offering assistance with resumes, LinkedIn, interview questions, assessment prep.
  • Colby Willoughby • Jr. Software Developer • Graduate
    When I first signed up for TrueCoders, I was a bit nervous that I would not understand the course. Boy was I wrong! The teachers led me through the course at such an excellent pace, that it gave me time to fully understand what they were teaching. Even though the basic language they teach is C#, they also threw in some Python and SQL. They also are very laid back, so when class is over we played ping-pong, video games, or you could hang around and work on improving your coding skills. All in all, I highly recommend this course to anyone who is even partially interested in the coding world.
  • Kyle • Student
    This is going to be a struggle if you're not sure what to expect. It was complicated for me at first simply because I underestimated the course. As time went on it got a lot easier and was more enjoyable as I learned new things and broadened my previous coding knowledge. I can say I'm happy I powered through with it, Michael was an awesome teacher and I appreciate all the dedication and work he put in to the class. This is definitely worth the time and effort.
  • TrueCoders Review
    - 5/28/2020
    Jack Mentzer • Business Analyst II • Graduate
    I was blessed to be a part of one of the first classes made available by TrueCoders. The workload was perfect, the curriculum was well developed, and the approach to pursuing a career afterwards was strategic and professional. Not only did I learn to program in C#, but I also learned the fundamental way of thinking like a programmer, therefore giving me the skill-set to transfer over to other programming languages. I also learned SQL, which is what I use now for my job as a business analyst for TD Bank. Daniel is driven and cares for each individual and constantly follows up with you, and on your behalf with potential employers. I cannot say enough good things about my time at TrueCoders and where it has landed me today.
  • Solid Experience
    - 5/28/2020
    CorDarius Witherspoon • QA Enineer
    I was a part of Alpha class and my experience overall was very good. I had no prior programming experience and started with literally zero knowledge. The curriculum was very good as it structured around methods and practices that were relevant to the workplace. The instructors we had were tough, and challenged us to learn the information in a short amount of time to be qualified for the positions we desired. At the time seemed harsh but now that I have been working for a couple years appreciate the skill of 'learning on the fly'. Went on some interviews and landed a job about 4 1/2 months after graduating. The experience changed my life. Now I have skills necessary to build my career and future. Thanks TrueCoders!
  • Changed my life!
    - 5/23/2020
    Paul Gearo • Software Developer 1 • Graduate
    I was a part time employee at Wawa with aspirations to one day code for a living. when I heard about TrueCoders I decided to take the jump and see if I could learn how to code (something that seemed to complex to me) in such a short amount of time, and learn it well.
    To my surprise, 4 months from the start of my course I was hired as a software developer at Proplogix coding in C#, Js, Ts, (and using the HTML and SQL skills I was as well) and have been with my company for over a year.
    This class not only set me on my career path, this class set me up for success in life, not just with my ability to code, but with soft skills I will be using in job interviews for years to come.
  • Bradley Harris • Graduate
    Programming had been a hobby of mine since high school, but I never did much with it. When I decided to change careers, I needed help rounding out my skills to become marketable. TrueCoders was a great experience for me, and I'd recommend them to anyone who wants to learn marketable programming skills, particularly for "backend" things like SQL and .NET Core. It's also great that they cover Git and GitHub, but where they really shine is helping you market yourself and being your advocate as you enter the job market. I'm now working for a great company as a backend developer and loving it!

In light of COVID-19, I also want to say that programming can usually be done remotely, and the market for it is not going away any time soon. If you've been debating about changing careers, I think there's never been a better time to explore this. It won't be easy, but the most worthwhile things never are.
  • Brian • Student
    Before enrolling in TrueCoders, I had spent 9 years at Apple honing my people skills and working adjacent to the tech industry, but never really getting my hands directly into development. After deciding to pursue my dream career as a game developer, I founded a games studio and dove head first into learning the tools and programming languages I would need to make this dream a reality. That's where TrueCoders came in. I was recommended to TrueCoders by my brother Brandon, who had just completed the program and landed a great front-end development job in Birmingham. This course has really jump-started my personally journey to making my dream a reality, and the my future as a developer is now firmly in my own hands.
  • Awesome experience
    - 3/11/2020
    Nicholas Bridgeforth
    True coder is a great place to learn coding.
    The professors work with you until you understand the information. They make sure your comfortable with the lesson before moving on and they offer one on one help after class if needed. They also help with job placement and applications all around great experience.
  • TrueCoders
    - 12/2/2019
    Ryan Smith • Software Developer • Graduate

TrueCoders is a fantastic program that teaches you the basics of coding, and is there to help you understand it. They're very supportive and will help you no matter what. TrueCoders is 100% committed on making sure you find the right developer job, and making sure it's the right job for you. I'm thankful that I have made many friends in my class, and I will miss them terribly. Highly recommend this course, and will always praise how amazing TrueCoders is. Cheers!

• Fun While Learning
    - 11/7/2019
    Charlie • Student

While the curriculum is taken seriously, it isn't often you can have so much fun in a class while also really learning. The projects guided us through the application of core programming principles that would have felt very abstract without them. The instructor was more than willing to slow down or speed up the cadence of the class depending on our understanding, in which the rigidity of other schools (i.e. college) can hinder the true learning experience. It was also clear how established the instructor already is in the world of programming and the desire to spread that wealth of knowledge is real. More than that, the camaraderie established in the class creates a community of like minded individuals that completely round out the experience and always give you a fallback if you need additional assistance. I've recommended this class to all my friends and would recommend it to anyone who wants to better their programming skills.

• Highly Recommend
    - 11/7/2019
    Stefano • Graduate

These guys are awesome.  They are very knowledgeable and make learning code enjoyable.  Well as enjoyable as ;earn code can be.  It’s an intense project base training course that touches several languages.  If you put in the effort, they will set you up to succeed. They’re job placement is second to none.  From resumé assistance to putting you in front of recruiters. If you are looking for a fast track into the world of coding.  I can highly recommend TrueCoders.