truecoders-logo

TrueCoders

TrueCoders

TrueCoders is a full-stack software development Bootcamp that offers an intensive full-time 9-week schedule or a self-paced schedule. The full-time 9-week schedule is a live online course, while the self-paced version allows students the ability to take the course when it is convenient for them. The self-paced schedule is a great option for students who need to retain their full-time jobs but still want a career change. Students of either schedule have the ability to receive unlimited one-on-one support from instructors and career services.

TrueCoders offers 2 different courses: Full-Stack Software Engineering and Full-Stack Web Development. The software engineering course covers C#, .NET Core, the ASP.NET MVC framework, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, relational databases like SQL, WebKit-based debuggers, and basic working knowledge of networking and file permissions. The web development course covers, Node.JS, Express.JS, React.JS, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, relational databases like SQL, hosting web applications using Heroku and GitHub pages, FlexBox design, and Webpack bundling. TrueCoders also specializes in source control and students will receive in-depth instruction on git CLI and GitHub in either class.

TrueCoders aims to provide new coders with the tools needed to find a position in the digital job market including marketable skills, career navigation, and a support community. TrueCoders is meant for career switchers and those with no prior programming experience who wish to enter the tech industry. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling an interview online. A member of their staff will soon follow up with a call.

Before graduation, TrueCoders prepares their students for the job market by improving their resumes, helping them create networking opportunities, and hosting practice interviews. TrueCoders also focuses on communication skills and teaches students how to leverage connections they may have in the tech industry (including fellow students). After graduation, the TrueCoders placement team works with graduates to make introductions, set up interviews, coaching before interviews sending out job applications.

Recent TrueCoders Reviews: Rating 4.91

all (117) reviews for TrueCoders →

Recent TrueCoders News

Read all (3) articles about TrueCoders →
  • Full-Stack Software Engineering Day Course

The Full-Stack Software Engineering Day Course offers an intensive Full-Time 9-week course that's brought to you live-online. These courses are delivered live-online by our instructors, Monday-Friday, from 9 AM - 3 PM CT. You'll be able to interact with your classmates and instructors in real-time. Both courses cover Git and Github, C#, .NET, Java, the ASP.NET Core MVC framework, SQL, WebKit based debuggers, and networking/file permissions. TrueCoders aims to provide new developers with the tools needed to launch their careers in Software Engineering! TrueCoders is for anyone with no prior programming experience or those who want to make a switch in careers. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling a call with an Enrollment Advisor at https://truecoders.io/contact/. During the call, they will provide you with all the information needed to decide whether TrueCoders is for you! Career services cover vital information such as resume building, creating your brand on Linked-In, professional networking, gaining experience, and what it takes to land that first job in your new career! You'll be able to schedule 1:1 time with our Career Service Professionals that will guide you toward your dream career. Apart from the curriculum and career services, TrueCoders is a community of developers that strive to help each other grow in their journey of becoming the best software developers they can be!
    Skills Fund financing available. ISA available through TradeUp
    Tuition PlansWe offer a discounted upfront payment of $3,900, a deferred education loan through SkillsFund (Ascent) with a 5 - 7 month grace period before you start paying, and an ISA option where you pay nothing you are until hired in a job making over $30,000.
    Refund / GuaranteeYou have 1 week after the class starts to receive a refund.
    ScholarshipNone at the time of writing this
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer skills, prior self-learning is a plus but not a requirement.
    Prep WorkWe have a prep class that students may join every Friday leading up to their course start date, once they enroll.
  • Full-Stack Software Engineering FLEX Course

The Full-Stack Web Development FLEX Course offers a self-paced course that's brought to you online. The Flex Course is designed for students who want to take the course at their own speed with the support of comprehensive video content and 1 on 1 Instructor availability. Students can schedule as many of these appointments as they like. What the Flex Course contains: - The curriculum comes fully loaded with Lecture Documentation, Lecture Videos, Exercises, Exercise Videos, Quizzes, Quiz Recap Videos and Real World Based Projects. - 2 weekly labs sessions: A Friday Day Lab and a Friday Night Lab to accommodate for any schedule. - the TrueCoders Community Discord Server, where instructors and students interact with projects and exercises they are working on (as well as meetup and have fun) - Curriculum Coverage: Git and Github, C#, .NET Framework, Javascript, HTML, CSS, SQL. This curriculum aims to provide you with the skills to launch a new career in Web Development! TrueCoders is for anyone with no prior programming experience or those who want to make a switch in careers. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling a call with an Enrollment Advisor at https://truecoders.io/contact/. During the call, they will provide you with all the information needed to decide whether TrueCoders is for you! Career services cover vital information such as resume building, creating your brand on Linked-In, professional networking, gaining experience, and what it takes to land that first job in your new career! You'll be able to schedule 1:1 time with our Career Service Professionals that will guide you toward your dream career. Apart from the curriculum and career services, TrueCoders is a community of developers that strive to help each other grow in their journey of becoming the best software developers they can be!
    SkillsFund Financing available.  ISA available through TradeUp
    Refund / GuaranteeYou have one week from when the class starts to receive a refund.
    ScholarshipNo scholarship available at the time of writing this
    Prep WorkWe have a prep class every Friday leading up to the class start date that you may join, once you enroll.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Day Course

The Full-Stack Web Development Day Course offers an intensive Full-Time 9-week course that's brought to you online. These courses are delivered live-online by our instructors, Monday-Friday, from 9 AM - 3 PM CT. You'll be able to interact with your classmates and instructors in real-time. Both the Day and Night course cover Git and Github, Javascript, React, HTML, CSS, Ruby, SQL, WebKit based debuggers, and networking/file permissions. This curriculum aims to provide you with the skills to launch a new career in Web Development! TrueCoders is for anyone with no prior programming experience or those who want to make a switch in careers. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling a call with an Enrollment Advisor at https://truecoders.io/contact/. During the call, they will provide you with all the information needed to decide whether TrueCoders is for you! Career services cover vital information such as resume building, creating your brand on Linked-In, professional networking, gaining experience, and what it takes to land that first job in your new career! You'll be able to schedule 1:1 time with our Career Service Professionals that will guide you toward your dream career. Apart from the curriculum and career services, TrueCoders is a community of developers that strive to help each other grow in their journey of becoming the best software developers they can be!
    SkillsFund Financing available. ISA available through TradeUp
    ScholarshipNo scholarship available at the time of writing this
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic Computer Skills, prior self-learning is a plus but is not a requirement
  • Full-Stack Web Development FLEX Course

The Full-Stack Web Development FLEX Course offers a self-paced course that's brought to you online. The Flex Course is designed for students who want to take the course at their own speed with the support of comprehensive video content and 1 on 1 Instructor availability. Students can schedule as many of these appointments as they like. What the Flex Course contains: - The curriculum comes fully loaded with Lecture Documentation, Lecture Videos, Exercises, Exercise Videos, Quizzes, Quiz Recap Videos and Real World Based Projects. - 2 weekly labs sessions: A Friday Day Lab and a Friday Night Lab to accommodate for any schedule. - the TrueCoders Community Discord Server, where instructors and students interact with projects and exercises they are working on (as well as meetup and have fun) - Curriculum Coverage: Git and Github, React, Node.js, Express, Javascript, HTML, CSS, SQL. This curriculum aims to provide you with the skills to launch a new career in Web Development! TrueCoders is for anyone with no prior programming experience or those who want to make a switch in careers. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling a call with an Enrollment Advisor at https://truecoders.io/contact/. During the call, they will provide you with all the information needed to decide whether TrueCoders is for you! Career services cover vital information such as resume building, creating your brand on Linked-In, professional networking, gaining experience, and what it takes to land that first job in your new career! You'll be able to schedule 1:1 time with our Career Service Professionals that will guide you toward your dream career. Apart from the curriculum and career services, TrueCoders is a community of developers that strive to help each other grow in their journey of becoming the best software developers they can be!
    SkillsFund Financing available. ISA available though TradeUp
    ScholarshipNo scholarship available at the time of writing this.
  • Evan Kreider  User Photo
    Evan Kreider • Software Testing/Development • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Heard about TrueCoders from a fellow retail worker when I was looking at IT positions. Had tried learning to code on my own before but nothing stuck. At TrueCoders, they took the time to explain things in a way to help you understand what you're doing. With a healthy mix of in class projects, one on one time, encouraging self improvement, and job placement assistance, you will find yourself in a world you never though was possible beforehand. They will give you the tools and insight to find your place in a new career.
  • Ross B.  User Photo
    Ross B. • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've learned a lot at TrueCoders. The teacher explained material very well, and if he didn't know the answer he would find out then get back to us. He also pushed us to learn on our own. The course got me back to what I love to do! Now to find a job!
  • Juody Bun  User Photo
    Juody Bun • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I graduated a few weeks ago from the first TrueCoders class of the Huntsville location. It was refreshing to be surrounded by like-minded individuals who were passionate about technology and coding. From day one, I knew my future success was a priority. The curriculum was adapted to meet the demands of current technologies utilized in the industry. Job assistance workshops on a weekly basis and opportunities for extended learning for specific topics when available are offered to both current and former students.

While the extensive content in the course provided the building blocks of knowledge I needed to enter a career with confidence, it was my instructor Cruz who provided the greatest example for achievement. He is a hard-working individual who deeply cares about each of his students. His devotion and encouraging attitude helped me push through the hardest parts of the course. He has even assisted me after the course to ensure that my job searching is going well. As I continue to interview, I remain confident that I will secure a position soon as a software developer. TrueCoders taught me to view everything as a life lesson and I recommend the program to anyone who seeks an exciting career in the coding industry.
  • TrueCoders Reiew
    Andrew McMahon  User Photo
    Andrew McMahon • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    The team at TrueCoders definitely cares about your success and will put in time to help you learn baseline coding principles and skills to find a job. The in-person aspect of the class is definitely desirable, as almost all real-world programming jobs will involve a team-oriented setting, and in addition you get grouped with other ambitious and intelligent young developers from whom you can learn. I highly recommend considering TrueCoders if you are looking to get your foot in the door in the programming world.
  • Ryan  User Photo
    Ryan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    TrueCoders is amazing bootcamp, it got me back into programming like I wanted to. Cruz is honestly one of my favorite teachers I've ever had, he puts his all into teaching you the material. He goes above and beyond what I expected going into this class. I'm very happy I met him and took this class.
  • Great Teaching
    Michael Cerase  User Photo
    Michael Cerase • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I loved my time at TrueCoders, it offered a great structure to learn new programming techniques as well as a teamwork environment to learn professionally. Now we are moving on to really hitting the job assistance and I look forward to kickstarting my career!
  • Forrest  User Photo
    Forrest • Opportunity Seeker • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Starting the program I was hesitant about how much I would actually be able to learn in an 8 week period. On my first day I didn't even know how to write a "Hello World" statement, but at the end of the program I was completing projects I never thought I would be able to.
  • TrueCoders Review
    John  User Photo
    John • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    TrueCoders is a very unique coding program which not only teaches programming but also HOW to get a job in the industry. And unlike many other coding bootcamps you are not only able but encouraged to continue to work with all the staff to help get you a job. The only thing that could be improved is if the 9 week class was split up into 2 levels like a slower pace and faster pace track.
  • Amazing Program
    Jack F  User Photo
    Jack F • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    As a student with basically no coding background at all, this course was incredible. The instructor explained abstract concepts in a clear way and emphasized pragmatic learning. I was thoroughly impressed with my progress.
  • Kyle  User Photo
    Kyle • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was tired of working myself into the ground just to make ends meet. I always had an interest in tech but erroneously believed that every job required a bachelor's degree. I tried to learn on my own but always seemingly got sidetracked.

When I heard about TrueCoders I was very skeptical. At the time there were a lot of dark truths coming to light about the shady business practices of coding bootcamps. I set up a meeting with the school owner and the day I went to meet him I also met the person who would eventually become my instructor.

The program on paper seemed too good to be true but, being a third shift security guard at the time, I felt like I didn't have much to lose.

Everything I had been privately studying we had surpassed in the first week. It was so intense that there were nights I'd only sleep a few hours just to make sure I got my assignments done. The immersion really forced me to change the way I thought to thinking more programatically.

My instructor, possibly the best teacher I've ever had somehow taught me to teach myself which is an invaluable skill in this field.

By the end of the program I was having fun writing  my final project , a roguelike dungeon crawl, in Python.

Within a month I was hired by a staffing agency to go work at bbva. I suddenly had a job where people treated you as an adult. My pay had doubled. Continuing to learn on the job was invaluable.

I literally would have never had this opportunity if I hadn't given TrueCoders an opportunity.

Thank you Daniel and Chip!
  • TrueCoders
    - 11/7/2019
    Jackson Griggs  User Photo
    Jackson Griggs • Graduate Verified via GitHub

TrueCoders is a technical school where I learned the basics of coding in less than 10 weeks, friendly enviroment, would 100% recommend for anyone trying to get into the Software Development Industry.

- 11/7/2019
    Nicholas Pickett  User Photo
    Nicholas Pickett • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

True Coders was a very great experience. Very interactive and informative. I would definitely reccommend for anyone who is looking to get into the software developing field.