truecoders-logo

TrueCoders

Akron, Albuquerque, Alpharetta, Ann Arbor, Appleton, Arlington, Asheville, Athens, Atlanta, Auburn, Auburn, Augusta, Austin, Baltimore, Baton Rouge, Bend, Billings, Birmingham, Boca Raton, Boston, Boulder, Branson, Bridgetown, Brooklyn, Cedar Rapids, Chapel Hill, Charleston, Charlotte, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Columbus, Dallas, Dayton, Denver, Detroit, Durham, Fayetteville, Fort Collins, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Worth, Fresno, Gainesville, Grand Rapids, Greensboro, Greenville, Halifax, Hamilton, Hartford, Houston, Huntington, Huntsville, Indianapolis, Iowa City, Iowa City, Irvine, Jacksonville, Jersey City, Kansas City, Kansas City, Kennesaw, Las Vegas, Lexington, Long Island, Los Angeles, Louisville, Lynchburg, Madison, Madison, Memphis, Miami, Miami Beach, Miami Beach, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Mobile, Nashua, Nashville, Newark, New Orleans, New York City, Oakland, Omaha, Omaha, Orange County, Orlando, Palm Beach, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Portsmouth, Provo, Raleigh, Richmond, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Savannah, Scottsdale, Seattle, Shreveport, Silicon Valley, Sioux Falls, Spokane, Stamford, St. Louis, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington

TrueCoders

TrueCoders is a software development bootcamp that offers an intensive full-time 9-week course or a part-time 6-month evening course both live online and at its campus in Hoover, Alabama. Both courses cover C#, .NET, Java, the ASP.NET MVC framework, relational databases like SQL, webkit based debuggers VPN, RDP and a basic working knowledge of networking and file permissions. TrueCoders also specializes in source control and students will receive in-depth instruction on Git. TrueCoders aims to provide new coders with the tools needed to find a position in the digital job market including marketable skills, career navigation, and a support community.

TrueCoders is meant for career switchers and those with no prior programming experience who wish to enter the tech industry. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling an interview online. A member of their staff will soon follow up with a call. If accepted, students are required to learn onsite at their Birmingham or Auburn campuses.

Before graduation, TrueCoders prepare their students for the job market by improving their resumes, helping them create networking opportunities, and hosting practice interviews. TrueCoders also focuses on communication skills and teaches students how to leverage connections they may have in the tech industry (including fellow students). TrueCoders actively fosters community and friendship with weekly social activities in and out of the classroom such as soccer matches or laser tag. After graduation, the TrueCoders placement team works with graduates to make introductions, set up interviews, coaching before interviews sending out job applications.

Recent TrueCoders Reviews: Rating 4.92

all (63) reviews for TrueCoders →

Recent TrueCoders News

• Software Engineering Remote Full-Time Day

MySQL, Data Science, HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, ASP.NET, CSS, Data Structures, Front End, SQL
    Start Date June 15, 2020
    LocationBirmingham
    Over 9 weeks, you'll learn all the skills needed to begin a career as a software developer. Through hands-on projects, we train you to build software & web applications with C#, .NET, the ASP.NET MVC framework, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, relational databases like SQL, WebKit based debuggers VPN, RDP and basic working knowledge of networking and file permissions. Prior programming experience isn't required. However, you will need lots of drive and a passion for building awesome projects to make it to the end! After the 9 week course, you will begin the 6-month job placement course where we work with you nonstop to get you placed in a full-time software development position.
    DepositFirst-month deposit of $299
    Financing available via SkillsFund & Climb Credit
    Tuition PlansThe only plan we do is a 12 month $299 a month option. Zero credit based
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer skills
    Prep WorkWe assign prep work to each student before joining
    June 15, 2020 - Birmingham Apply by June 1, 2020
  • Software Engineering Remote Part-Time Night

Start Date August 3, 2020
    LocationBirmingham
    Over 6 months, you'll learn all the skills needed to begin a career as a software developer. Through hands-on projects, we train you to build software & web applications with C#, .NET, the ASP.NET MVC framework, JavaScript, HTML & CSS, relational databases like SQL, WebKit based debuggers VPN, RDP and basic working knowledge of networking and file permissions. Prior programming experience isn't required. However, you will need lots of drive and a passion for building awesome projects to make it to the end. After the 9 week course, you will begin the 6-month job placement course where we work with you nonstop to get you placed in a full-time software development position.
    DepositFirst-month deposit of $299
    Financing available via SkillsFund & Climb Credit
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic computer skills
    Prep WorkWe assign prep work to each student before joining
    August 3, 2020 - Birmingham Apply by July 20, 2020
  • Jacob Watson  User Photo
    Jacob Watson • Business Analyst and Automation Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I went through the 8 week dev course, and was hired on at BBVA at graduation. I wish I could go through the course again just for fun. Daniel is a great guy and keeps everything fun
  • Web Developer
    - 6/28/2019
    Carlton Gannett  User Photo
    Carlton Gannett • Web Developer @ Healthgrades.com • Graduate Verified via GitHub

TRUECODERS IS AWESOME and will change your life

After going to the developer accelerator track I got a job making 60k+ a year without a college degree. They will help you and coach you through the whole process of finding a job. What's great about TrueCoders is the instructors: They are right there for when you don't understand something or you are missing something. Getting that push here and there when you aren't getting it will dramatically speed up your ability to learn programming and get a job.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PROGRAMMING OF ANY SORT  AND ARE THINKING ABOUT SIGNING UP - DO IT

• Colby Willoughby • Jr. Software Developer • Graduate
    When I first signed up for TrueCoders, I was a bit nervous that I would not understand the course. Boy was I wrong! The teachers led me through the course at such an excellent pace, that it gave me time to fully understand what they were teaching. Even though the basic language they teach is C#, they also threw in some Python and SQL. They also are very laid back, so when class is over we played ping-pong, video games, or you could hang around and work on improving your coding skills. All in all, I highly recommend this course to anyone who is even partially interested in the coding world.
  • Kyle • Student
    This is going to be a struggle if you're not sure what to expect. It was complicated for me at first simply because I underestimated the course. As time went on it got a lot easier and was more enjoyable as I learned new things and broadened my previous coding knowledge. I can say I'm happy I powered through with it, Michael was an awesome teacher and I appreciate all the dedication and work he put in to the class. This is definitely worth the time and effort.
  • TrueCoders Review
    - 5/28/2020
    Jack Mentzer • Business Analyst II • Graduate
    I was blessed to be a part of one of the first classes made available by TrueCoders. The workload was perfect, the curriculum was well developed, and the approach to pursuing a career afterwards was strategic and professional. Not only did I learn to program in C#, but I also learned the fundamental way of thinking like a programmer, therefore giving me the skill-set to transfer over to other programming languages. I also learned SQL, which is what I use now for my job as a business analyst for TD Bank. Daniel is driven and cares for each individual and constantly follows up with you, and on your behalf with potential employers. I cannot say enough good things about my time at TrueCoders and where it has landed me today.
  • Solid Experience
    - 5/28/2020
    CorDarius Witherspoon • QA Enineer
    I was a part of Alpha class and my experience overall was very good. I had no prior programming experience and started with literally zero knowledge. The curriculum was very good as it structured around methods and practices that were relevant to the workplace. The instructors we had were tough, and challenged us to learn the information in a short amount of time to be qualified for the positions we desired. At the time seemed harsh but now that I have been working for a couple years appreciate the skill of 'learning on the fly'. Went on some interviews and landed a job about 4 1/2 months after graduating. The experience changed my life. Now I have skills necessary to build my career and future. Thanks TrueCoders!
  • Changed my life!
    - 5/23/2020
    Paul Gearo • Software Developer 1 • Graduate
    I was a part time employee at Wawa with aspirations to one day code for a living. when I heard about TrueCoders I decided to take the jump and see if I could learn how to code (something that seemed to complex to me) in such a short amount of time, and learn it well.
    To my surprise, 4 months from the start of my course I was hired as a software developer at Proplogix coding in C#, Js, Ts, (and using the HTML and SQL skills I was as well) and have been with my company for over a year.
    This class not only set me on my career path, this class set me up for success in life, not just with my ability to code, but with soft skills I will be using in job interviews for years to come.
  • Bradley Harris • Graduate
    Programming had been a hobby of mine since high school, but I never did much with it. When I decided to change careers, I needed help rounding out my skills to become marketable. TrueCoders was a great experience for me, and I'd recommend them to anyone who wants to learn marketable programming skills, particularly for "backend" things like SQL and .NET Core. It's also great that they cover Git and GitHub, but where they really shine is helping you market yourself and being your advocate as you enter the job market. I'm now working for a great company as a backend developer and loving it!

In light of COVID-19, I also want to say that programming can usually be done remotely, and the market for it is not going away any time soon. If you've been debating about changing careers, I think there's never been a better time to explore this. It won't be easy, but the most worthwhile things never are.
  • Brian • Student
    Before enrolling in TrueCoders, I had spent 9 years at Apple honing my people skills and working adjacent to the tech industry, but never really getting my hands directly into development. After deciding to pursue my dream career as a game developer, I founded a games studio and dove head first into learning the tools and programming languages I would need to make this dream a reality. That's where TrueCoders came in. I was recommended to TrueCoders by my brother Brandon, who had just completed the program and landed a great front-end development job in Birmingham. This course has really jump-started my personally journey to making my dream a reality, and the my future as a developer is now firmly in my own hands.
  • Awesome experience
    - 3/11/2020
    Nicholas Bridgeforth
    True coder is a great place to learn coding.
    The professors work with you until you understand the information. They make sure your comfortable with the lesson before moving on and they offer one on one help after class if needed. They also help with job placement and applications all around great experience.
  • TrueCoders
    - 12/2/2019
    Ryan Smith • Software Developer • Graduate

TrueCoders is a fantastic program that teaches you the basics of coding, and is there to help you understand it. They're very supportive and will help you no matter what. TrueCoders is 100% committed on making sure you find the right developer job, and making sure it's the right job for you. I'm thankful that I have made many friends in my class, and I will miss them terribly. Highly recommend this course, and will always praise how amazing TrueCoders is. Cheers!

• Fun While Learning
    - 11/7/2019
    Charlie • Student

While the curriculum is taken seriously, it isn't often you can have so much fun in a class while also really learning. The projects guided us through the application of core programming principles that would have felt very abstract without them. The instructor was more than willing to slow down or speed up the cadence of the class depending on our understanding, in which the rigidity of other schools (i.e. college) can hinder the true learning experience. It was also clear how established the instructor already is in the world of programming and the desire to spread that wealth of knowledge is real. More than that, the camaraderie established in the class creates a community of like minded individuals that completely round out the experience and always give you a fallback if you need additional assistance. I've recommended this class to all my friends and would recommend it to anyone who wants to better their programming skills.