tech-i.s.-logo

TECH I.S.

Online, San Jose, Tokyo

TECH I.S.

TECH.I.S offers 12-week, immersive, online Web Development and Data Science bootcamps. These full-time programs require students to attend daily standup meetings and put in at least 20 hours of work per week. Web Development bootcamp students learn HTML, CSS, Python, JavaScript, SQL, React, and Node.js. The curriculum also covers Git, testing, planning, and frameworks. Data Science bootcamp students learn predictive analytics using Python, machine learning, data visualization, natural language processing, and big data technologies.

TECH.I.S welcomes beginners with no prior experience in programming. Bootcamp students receive 1:1 mentorship with a tech industry expert, and receive 24/7 course support from instructors. All bootcamp students receive job placement support that leverages the TECH.I.S hiring partner network. TECH I.S. offers an Income Share Program.

Recent TECH I.S. Reviews: Rating 4.68

all (25) reviews for TECH I.S. →

Recent TECH I.S. News

• Data Science

LocationOnline, San Jose, Tokyo
      The Data Science Bootcamp students learn the entire data science process from scratch. This includes Raw Data Collection & Processing, Cleaning the Data sets, Exploratory Data Analysis, Building Models & Algorithms, Storytelling through data visualization & integrating it into Data products. Bootcamp students receive 1:1 mentorship with a tech industry expert and receive 24/7 course support from instructors. All Bootcamp students receive job placement support that leverages the TECH.I.S hiring partner network. The curriculum covered in the Data Science program is as follows - - Python - SQL - Manipulating Data with Numpy - Wrangling Data with Pandas - Data Visualisation - Exploratory Data Analysis - Inferential Statistics - Linear Algebra Foundations - Introduction to Linear regression and Cost function and Regularisation - Logistic Regression, KNN and Naive Bayes models - Decision Tree modelling, Random forests and Bagging models - Boosting Algorithms - GBM, AdaBoost, XgBoost - Model Evaluation and selection, Cross-validation, Feature Engineering - Unsupervised Learning - Clustering techniques, PCA - Natural Language Processing - Introduction to Neural Networks - Neural Network Architectures and applications - Recommendation systems, Introduction to Data Structures - Data Structures and algorithms (implemented in Python) - Algorithms, Devops - Git, Docker, AWS, Model deployment
      Deposit$0 (NO UPFRONT FEE)
      Tuition Plans$0 (NO UPFRONT FEE) - Pay 15% of your income for 46 months (up to $30K) after getting a job making at least $50,000.
      ScholarshipYES - Depending on our performance in the probation period.
      Minimum Skill LevelTECH.I.S welcomes beginners with no prior experience in programming.
    • Web Development Bootcamp

LocationOnline, San Jose, Tokyo
      The Web Development bootcamp students learn HTML, CSS, Python or PHP, JavaScript, and SQL. The curriculum also covers Git, testing, planning, and frameworks. Bootcamp students receive 1:1 mentorship with a tech industry expert, and receive 24/7 course support from instructors. All bootcamp students receive job placement support that leverages the TECH.I.S hiring partner network.
      Deposit$0 (NO UPFRONT FEE)
      ScholarshipYES - Depending on your performance in the probation period
    • Rush Isla • Student
      Pros:
      -Excellent class structure and accountability to help students be on track.
      -Good pacing and balance between learning material and practical project work.
      -I was happy to be connected with the teachers and career counselors who constantly monitored my progress
      -Great study material that was focused on what companies are currently looking for in an applicant.

Cons:
      I felt that certain subjects are still a little rough and need refining. Specifically, how I was taught Node during my session was rough and kind of backward. They are actively working on restructuring the curriculum. Hopefully, new students shouldn’t be facing a problem.
    • Oswaldo Walker • Student
      Is Tech IS perfect? Well no. No education institute is. However, do I believe that Tech IS can get you where you want to be in terms of a tech career if you put in the efforts? Yes

I joined the Tech IS data science program with just 1 simple goal. To give me enough experience to get access to jobs that I previously had no access to. All things said and done; Tech IS has helped me get a job that’s significantly above my previous pay grade.

Not just that, I've developed a network of peers that will serve me well into the future. If you want to gain the skills to change careers while joining an ever-improving network, Tech IS is a good call.
    • Donovan Aylin • Student
      Tech IS an overall great experience for me. I enjoyed the curriculum and met amazing people in the process. The web dev program requires focus and dedication. I've had classmates with no background in codings, like myself, and those who have engineering degrees. If you have little to no background in coding, the 1on1 tutor sessions would be beneficial. The mentors are knowledgeable & patient with you.

PROS - you can learn so much within 6 months with effort and dedication
      CONS - I felt like there was no culture fit with the tutors, but that’s okay. I was there to learn from them, not become buddies with them :)

Learning programming with TechIS was a lot of work, but it's all worth it!
    • Heather Callum • Business Analyst • Student
      Tech IS was a perfect fit for me. I work a full-time job as a business analyst. I only have the option to study part time. The part time courses of other bootcamps are too long, some even take longer than a year. The fact that I have access to mentors after I got done with work is a BIG advantage for me. I’m 8 weeks into the course and I’ve gotten started building my portfolio already. Not just that, I’ve been able to use Python for some automation & scripting at work. I’m excited to have my portfolio finished and get it reviewed by the technical recruiter they’ve partnered with. Tech IS the best option for people looking to upskill and switch careers while still working another job.
    • Jakayla Stein • Student
      I started the tech is a web development program in August. I had a fair understanding of programming that I’d picked up from freeCodeCamp & Code academy but was not confident enough to build something on my own from scratch, which is why I decided to enroll.

Now, after going through one of their capstone projects of building a twitter clone from scratch, while having the mentors keep me accountable, I’m confident & feel competent.

The tutors and other students at Tech IS helped give me direction, structure & accountability. Would recommend tech is for sure.

• Dalia Jacquelyn • Student
      After a long haul, I successfully completed my web development course with TECH IS. I wanted a career change very badly. My previous job was pretty monotonous and had no significance attached to it. I wanted to get into a worthwhile job. I googled top jobs that pay high salaries, and it showed data science. Since I am a working woman, I can spend only a few hours upgrading other skills.

This led me to choose TECH IS as they have the best courses tailored to suit the working population. I spoke with their career counselor and realized that I needed a math or statistics background to enroll in the data science program. I was disheartened, but the counselor advised me to take their web development course that paid equally well once a person graduated. I was pleasantly surprised and took up the web dev course.

TECH IS school has some of the best tutors who are friendly and extremely knowledgeable. They would quickly clear my doubts whenever I asked them in the slack channel. They hold cohort meetings every now and then that are nothing but daily standup meetings. The pair programming didn’t work out for me as I didn’t find a suitable teammate who matched my wavelength.

Overall, I had a good experience with TECH IS school. I was able to have a more in-depth understanding of how code worked and how to develop useful stuff on the web.

I completed my course one week ago, and the counselors are working on setting up interviews with as many companies as possible. Yesterday, I attended an interview with a company called wayfair and awaiting my results.
    • Rachel Braylen • Graduate
      What I liked
      • Industry-standard curriculum. The technology I learned here is used in almost all startups
      • 1 on 1 access to developers at any point, easy to learn on my own time.
      • Career development skills along with tech skills - github, linkedin and resume optimization with mock interviews
      • Great slack community with people on similar journeys
      • Accountability with daily standup meetings

What I didn’t like
      • I would have liked to recordings of the tutoring sessions for later reference, but it’s not a big deal, cos I could have got in touch with a tutor easily anyway.
    • Macy Kiersten • Student
      I have been searching for a lot of jobs since my graduation. But, I haven’t landed any job as of now. During my job search, the one thing that I learned was technical knowledge such as coding and programming can take you far in the right direction than any other employable skill. This realization led me to search for coding schools that offer the best bang for the buck. Many of my college friends who started learning to code from tech i.s. recommended me to take up their classes as the staff provided in-depth knowledge along with an assignment of tasks frequently to upgrade our skills with frequent exposure to the industry requirements. I am in the second month of the Web Development course and I feel that I have already learned a lot of necessary stuff that can get me a job in the tech industry. Kudos to the tutor team for their constant guidance and student-friendly approach that is building the student community.
    • Mylie Ruben • Graphic Designer • Student
       My overall experience with tech is has been wonderful. I am a non-technical person and didn’t have coding experience whatsoever. I am currently working in an IT Firm as a graphic designer and I planned to venture into front-end. I had no clue where to start since most coding schools don’t have part time courses to choose from. My options were very limited and I had to do a thorough research on it. I have  a 4 year old child and a student loan to cover. I was recommended by one of my friends to look up tech is. She was pursuing her web development course with tech is back then. I wanted to give it a shot and contacted tech is. The career counsellor there guided me through the curriculum and the ISA option. I was excited and decided to join their course. I am 2 months into the program now and I feel capable of coding with certain tools like HTML and CSS. They certainly do have a con that I would like to mention.

Pros:
      Very flexible schedules
      1-on-1 sessions with personalized attention
      Staff with good expertise

Cons:
      This is not much of a con, but I felt pressurized when they forced me to join cohorts twice a week. With my hectic schedule, attending one cohort per week feels like a big task. Hope I could get it solved with their team

But on the whole, i feel good after attending their classes. They have promised me with interviews in tech companies once my course is complete. Looking forward to start my career in the tech industry. Wish me luck!

• John • web enginner • Graduate
      I completed 6 months web develoer course recently and had great experience. Tutors were so kind and good at teaching programming. I tried programming many times before but I gave up every time. This time, I finished the course and just started my carrer as a web developer. Thanks a lot!
    • Joshua Miller • Store Manager • Student
      If I had to say one word about tech is. it would be “incredible”. I am Joshua from Seattle. I work as a Store Manager in Mud Shop. Every day, I work with computers day in and day out. One day I was curious about how software was developed and tried to code by myself. Having no formal background in the tech side, I fell short in mastering it. But, you gotta do what you gotta do. So I googled for part-time code bootcamps and ended up on tech is. Took up their classes, fixed the errors that I faced while I programmed, and learned a few things in the past couple of months. If any of you reading this wants to learn to code, you can try enrolling in tech is.
    • Maggie-Ann Watson • Cashier • Student
      I am pretty new to this forum. I was actually looking for a review forum to share my experiences with a code school called tech is. I am working as a cashier at walmart and some 4 months ago, one of my managers advised me to learn a coding language. obviously, I was not ready to join a college and go full time since I ain't got the time or the money to do so. I was looking up on google for coding schools that has part-time classes. I ended up landing on tech is's site. The website looked pretty legit. I was like, ok, let's take a shot and pinged them guys. the counselor on the other end set me up with a 1-on-1 sesh after my work hours. and after attending it... I felt confident and happy that I too can code. my tutor Raghu guided me throughout my web dev classes and I would slack em whenever I get doubts and they would respond pretty quickly. I would say techis is a great code school you could try out in case you have a super busy life and would like to learn a new programming language in your spare time.