tech-i.s.-logo

TECH I.S.

Online, San Jose, Tokyo

TECH I.S.

TECH.I.S offers 12-week, immersive, online Web Development and Data Science bootcamps. These full-time programs require students to attend daily standup meetings and put in at least 20 hours of work per week. Web Development bootcamp students learn HTML, CSS, Python, JavaScript, SQL, React, and Node.js. The curriculum also covers Git, testing, planning, and frameworks. Data Science bootcamp students learn predictive analytics using Python, machine learning, data visualization, natural language processing, and big data technologies.

TECH.I.S welcomes beginners with no prior experience in programming. Bootcamp students receive 1:1 mentorship with a tech industry expert, and receive 24/7 course support from instructors. All bootcamp students receive job placement support that leverages the TECH.I.S hiring partner network. TECH I.S. offers an Income Share Program.

Recent TECH I.S. Reviews: Rating 4.68

all (25) reviews for TECH I.S. →

Recent TECH I.S. News

• Data Science

LocationOnline, San Jose, Tokyo
      The Data Science Bootcamp students learn the entire data science process from scratch. This includes Raw Data Collection & Processing, Cleaning the Data sets, Exploratory Data Analysis, Building Models & Algorithms, Storytelling through data visualization & integrating it into Data products. Bootcamp students receive 1:1 mentorship with a tech industry expert and receive 24/7 course support from instructors. All Bootcamp students receive job placement support that leverages the TECH.I.S hiring partner network. The curriculum covered in the Data Science program is as follows - - Python - SQL - Manipulating Data with Numpy - Wrangling Data with Pandas - Data Visualisation - Exploratory Data Analysis - Inferential Statistics - Linear Algebra Foundations - Introduction to Linear regression and Cost function and Regularisation - Logistic Regression, KNN and Naive Bayes models - Decision Tree modelling, Random forests and Bagging models - Boosting Algorithms - GBM, AdaBoost, XgBoost - Model Evaluation and selection, Cross-validation, Feature Engineering - Unsupervised Learning - Clustering techniques, PCA - Natural Language Processing - Introduction to Neural Networks - Neural Network Architectures and applications - Recommendation systems, Introduction to Data Structures - Data Structures and algorithms (implemented in Python) - Algorithms, Devops - Git, Docker, AWS, Model deployment
      Deposit$0 (NO UPFRONT FEE)
      Tuition Plans$0 (NO UPFRONT FEE) - Pay 15% of your income for 46 months (up to $30K) after getting a job making at least $50,000.
      ScholarshipYES - Depending on our performance in the probation period.
      Minimum Skill LevelTECH.I.S welcomes beginners with no prior experience in programming.
    • Web Development Bootcamp

LocationOnline, San Jose, Tokyo
      The Web Development bootcamp students learn HTML, CSS, Python or PHP, JavaScript, and SQL. The curriculum also covers Git, testing, planning, and frameworks. Bootcamp students receive 1:1 mentorship with a tech industry expert, and receive 24/7 course support from instructors. All bootcamp students receive job placement support that leverages the TECH.I.S hiring partner network.
      Deposit$0 (NO UPFRONT FEE)
      ScholarshipYES - Depending on your performance in the probation period
    • Sidrah Jeffery • Student
      Pros:
      • Techis has a great community of students and peers.
      • My peer group and I were able to scale up skills pretty quickly thanks to our expert tutors.
      • Job support and preparation from day 1

Cons:
      At first, I was skeptical about signing up for the ISA, but I felt pretty comfortable and signed up for the ISA after going through the contract.
    • Nikola Conway • Student
      To begin with, I had a great time here and learned a lot related to programming. Techis is giving me a lot of support throughout my study and has started my interview training along the main course. Their mock interviews have trained me to handle real-time problems. The curriculum is well-structured, and the course duration is comparatively shorter than that of other schools.
    • Sylvia Rosales • Student
      I am happy to be a part of TechIS today. In this journey, I am meeting many interesting people and gaining a lot of priceless experiences. In 5 weeks, I learned more than I've tried to learn online for the past four months.  After all, TechIS was not my only option, but it was my choice, and I don't regret it a single day!
    • Aubree Hibbert • Student
      In the first instance, I wasn’t pretty sure of what to expect out of Tech IS. But now, I can safely say that I have developed the skills to build and deploy web applications completely. I am also confident that I can learn any new updates in the programming languages that I have learned without anyone’s assistance. I have become more self-reliant and a better learner that sets me apart from those who have not tried.
    • Marco Ramirez • Student
      Tech IS is by far the best choice that I have taken to go deeper and build an excellent web development foundation. The training provided is sure to help you achieve success in the bootcamp. The tutors are always available throughout the day to provide support with any doubts, and the peer group, in general, is also supportive. I have chosen the full-time bootcamp and spend around 2 - 3 hours per day, and yet I can cover most of the essential topics necessary for working in a tech company. I recommend applicants who wish to study at Tech IS to brush up on at least the basics of fundamental programming to gain the most out of the bootcamp.
    • Winnie Nielsen • Student
      I have been job hunting for a while. I used to work in a large shipment company as blue-collared labor. I heard that coding jobs provide a good salary with a better work-life balance. I checked out with a couple of friends and attended Tech IS interview. After clearing the interview, I started attending personalized sessions and also was able to clear my doubts 24/7. I am on the verge of completing it and feel fully confident that I can attend any tech job interview. I am excited to start my career in coding.
    • Charley O Donnell • Student
      Pros of TechIS:

• Gave me the sense of being in a like-minded community
      • Income Share Agreement
      • Receiving help when required
      • Instructors listen to feedback and provide suggestions
      • Get tons of practice and hard coding work
      • Outstanding support via career counselors

Cons of TechIS:

• Learning and mastering programming is difficult without commitment

• Esther Baker • Student
      I started Tech is’ web development course with very little knowledge about HTML and CSS. The course was challenging for me but an overall success because it is teaching me what I wanted.

If I had to point out a negative, the remote class can be difficult if you are easily distracted. But, if you are someone who can learn from the comfort of their house, I would highly recommend it. The exhaustive course content is doing wonders for me as well as the option to do the ISA agreement.
    • Margie Mclaughlin • Student
      Tech IS, a school that focuses on pushing the student’s limits and enthralling them with their fast-paced learning system. As their student, I really enjoyed my time with my tutors and my classmates. The tutors are industry experts who are very competent and helpful. If you are determined to become a software engineer, I highly recommend Tech IS.
    • Denise Garcia • Student
      I completed my first one-on-one session with Tech IS recently. I must say, taking the decision to join this course was the greatest investment that I did in myself. Tech IS is helping me in expanding my knowledge base and taking my skills to the next level.

Before starting my course, I had a basic understanding of web technologies. But, now I can comfortably create a full-stack application by myself. I am fully confident that I will be able to call myself a proficient web-developer by the end of this course.

• Miriam Beck • Student
      It was actually a great experience with techis. Their tutors are so helpful and friendly. I enjoyed each session with techis, and I learned many things from my tutors, it was an amazing experience and I'm so glad to be part of it. I really appreciate that they offer support for the job search too.
    • Mikaela Brook • Student • Student
      I recently got laid off in the pandemic and wanted to restart my career. After considering all the options I had, I decided to learn to code and took up Tech is’s class from September 2020 as per my friend’s suggestion.

Their course takes anywhere from 3 to 6 months. Since I had some previous coding experience during my schooling, I am likely going to complete my course in another 1 or 2 months. The tutors are well experienced and the rapport between them is effective.

I would recommend Tech is to my friends and family.