michigan-state-university-boot-camps-logo

Michigan State University Boot Camps

Detroit, Online

Michigan State University Boot Camps

Michigan State University (MSU) Boot Camps are 24-week, part-time web development, data analytics, and cybersecurity courses, and an 18-week, part-time digital marketing course. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training students in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. Students will get hands-on experience with tools, such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As the programs are part-time, MSU Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Throughout the 24-week boot camp, students have access to career-planning services, portfolio review, demo days, and recruiting advice. Graduates will receive a certificate of completion from MSU’s College of Engineering and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics, or digital marketing, or skills applicable to certifications in cybersecurity.

MSU Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Michigan State University Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.5

all (4) reviews for Michigan State University Boot Camps →

Recent Michigan State University Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

MSU Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
      Payment plans available
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Data Analytics - Part-Time

Data Analytics , Excel, JavaScript, Python, SQL
      This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
      Minimum Skill LevelApplicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial.
    • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

MSU Digital Marketing Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time digital marketing boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
      Payment plans available
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Web Development - Part-Time

C#, CSS, Express.js, Git, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, MySQL, Node.js, Python, React.js
      MSU Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.

• $500 Michigan State University Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Michigan State University Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• All courses in Detroit
      • All courses in Detroit
      • Web Development - Part-Time (Online)
      • Data Analytics - Part-Time (Online)
    • Claire  User Photo
      Claire • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This bootcamp was by far the best class I have ever taken. In class we learned about real life skills and tools that I will be able to speak to in an interview, and use at a future job; we collaborated with classmates that came from all different backgrounds; we worked on presentation skills; we learned how to use so many different platforms and were given so many resources; and finally, through the entirety of the course we were supported and encouraged to grow by our instructor, Alecia, and all of the TA's. Not to mention the access to a Career Materials Advisor and a Career Coach is sublime in my opinion. Could not recommend this class enough for someone considering going into Digital Marketing.
      Thursday, Jun 09 2022
      Amazing, Claire! We're thrilled you had a positive boot camp experience and benefited from taking advantage of all the available resources — including utilizing career services and collaborating with your classmates. We couldn't agree more that Alecia is pretty fantastic. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
    • Christine K.  User Photo
      Christine K. • Research Laboratory Specialist • Student Verified via GitHub
      I've worked in a research laboratory for several years and faced a lot of frustration in terms of work and advancement opportunities. After a particularly harrowing experience at work around advancement opportunities, I started looking for new jobs, but there weren't a lot of opportunities for laboratory specialists in my area. I talked to my partner, a software developer with 7+ years of experience, and they told me that I should consider taking a coding bootcamp. They said that the IT field is a great one for people to transition over to from non-IT-related fields and that a lot of the skills I used in my research position could be directly applicable. They told told me about several local bootcamp programs to go check out. I compared A LOT of details across the different programs. How did graduates review the programs? What were the costs? Was there financial aid available? What sort of topics did the bootcamp covered? Were there night classes so that I could continue working my job during the day? Eventually I landed on the Data Analytics and Visualization Bootcamp at Michigan State University. I knew from my job that a lot of the curriculum topics were ones I'd actively seen data analysts in research utilize frequently, so I felt the topics would be valuable. I wished that there were more scholarships available like some of the other options I'd seen, but there was an interest-free, short term payment plan available through Climb Loan.

I started the program back in December and officially crossed the halfway point recently. I was initially pretty intimidated by the program after seeing some of the sample schedules for people working full-time jobs. The Student Success Manager told everyone in absolute seriousness, "Some of you may have friends and family... tell them it's only 6 months."

The first few modules weren't too bad since they were basic Excel and they were mostly trying to get everyone on the same page. Things picked up QUITE quickly after that. I went into this bootcamp with some coding experience (we use R in my job to analyze research data) and I think that's helped me to keep up with the fast pace a lot, but course-related stuff takes up a lot of my time right now, so I don't make too many plans with friends and family these days.

The skills that are taught are awesome though. Everything I've learned, from JS to SQL to Jupyter Notebook, I've been able to readily apply to my day to day work. The modules mostly offer great instruction and in layman's terms instead of highly technical jargon, which helps A LOT. Every week my partner (again, 7+ years in software development) asks what we're working on and time and again they've said, "I'm glad they're actually teaching you practical stuff and not a lot of the useless, bloated stuff I learned in undergrad that I never touched again."

The program also offers a TON of resources, both for the classwork and for career help. All of the Zoom classes are recorded so that you can look back at them later. They do a great job of having a variety of examples to work on in class and they make sure to upload the solutions. The instructors and TAs are very responsive and knowledgeable. My peers are awesome, engaged, and supportive. There are lots of opportunities for office hours and they'll even assign you a personal tutor if you need one. I'm only halfway through, but it's been a really positive experience overall.

In terms of advice for prospective students to help be as successful as possible, stick to the advised schedule as much as you can. The homework for a given module usually isn't due until a week after the related classes, but I would STRONGLY recommend doing them the weekend after the related classes. As someone who has been all over the places in terms of getting stuff done 2 weeks ahead versus the day it's due, you're really going to want that buffer in case you run into issues so you can ask the class or instructors. I get it that, sometimes, life gets in the way and you gotta do what you gotta do, but staying on schedule as much as possible is going to relieve a lot of stress. Also, commiserating with your classmates, either in class or on Slack, will do a lot to build camaraderie and support. There might be times where you feel like you're the only one struggling to get it, but I promise there are AT LEAST 5 other people struggling along too.

Thursday, Mar 10 2022
      We appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Christine! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. Like you noted, this is a rigorous and fast-paced course that will require extensive time to master the topics covered. We're glad you're finding the curriculum to be beneficial and are taking advantage of all the available resources, including office hours and tutoring. Great advice for prospective students — completing the assignments on time and sticking to a schedule will definitely help you stay ahead. Congratulations on reaching the halfway point of the boot camp! We look forward to helping you successfully finish out the program.
    • MSU Bootcamp Review
      - 11/24/2021
      Jason M • Data Analyst • Graduate
      It's a very challenging and fast paced program.  But if you stick with it to the end, it's very rewarding to see the new skills learned and how much was accomplished.  I had a job offer with a 26% pay increase before the last day of class.
      Monday, Dec 06 2021
      Way to go, Jason! Like you noted, this is a fast-paced and challenging program but if you're willing to dedicate the time and effort to master the material covered you can succeed. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
    • Full Stack
      - 10/20/2021
      Heather • Software Developer • Graduate
      Max was an amazing instructor and fully dedicated himself to making sure his students understood what was being taught. I couldn't imagine going through this course with any other instructor.
      For anyone looking to enroll, I would suggest running through a JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and React course on Codecademy before class starts. You want this to come as second nature as possible. Keyboard shortcuts are also a good to know.
      Thursday, Oct 21 2021
      Thank you, Heather! Our entire boot camp team is truly passionate about enabling student success so we're glad this resonated with you — we couldn't agree more that Max is pretty fantastic. Great advice for interested candidates on diving into some of the topics before starting the program as well as having keyboard shortcuts available. Congratulations on graduating! All the best in your future endeavors.