max-technical-training-logo

MAX Technical Training

Cincinnati

MAX Technical Training

MAX Career Bootcamps offers Coding (full-time 13 weeks or part-time 25 weeks), Data Analytics (6 weeks), and Business Analyst (9 weeks) programs that can be completed in-person in Cincinnati, Ohio or live online. Class size is limited to 16 to ensure bootcamp students receive increased support from instructors.

The Coding bootcamp offers a Java and C#/.NET core curriculum. Students train in technologies, such as SQL, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, Angular and Scrum. From day one, students put their training to use and independently code on a capstone project. The coding bootcamp will culminate with a Demo Day with MAX’s hiring partners where students will present their functional Enterprise Business Application.

The Data Analytics bootcamp gives students a clear understanding and total immersion into all the facets of the data analyst role. The bootcamp covers analyzing and presenting data, advanced functions and data forecasting, data analysis and visualization with Excel, and understanding Agile and Scrum. The curriculum also covers SQL, Tableau, and Microsoft BI.

In the Business Analyst bootcamp, students learn how to analyze and present data, data modeling, business process modeling, project management, Scrum, and writing user stories and use cases. The curriculum includes Power BI, SQL, Microsoft SharePoint, Tableau, and XML. Students will also receive an introduction to web development and gain a foundation in ITIL®.

MAX bootcamps go beyond the technology by developing a student’s emotional intelligence, professional acumen, and establishing their personal brand. Students work their way from resume-building to interview whiteboarding. MAX alumni come back for their career lifecycle training. MAX encourages students to continue their career training and the MAX team can help design a successful path for their career.

All are welcome to apply for the MAX bootcamps. To be accepted into a bootcamp, an applicant must complete a general assessment, an interview with a MAX advisor, and bootcamp registration forms. Anyone interested in enrolling in a MAX bootcamp is encouraged to take our mini assessment on-line, call our success specialist or attend a  MAX Bootcamp Breakdown event to meet a Success Specialist, Career Coach, Instructors, Alumni, and MAX hiring partners.

The bootcamps were created by MAX Technical Training, a Cincinnati-based training organization and a trusted training partner to Fortune 1000 companies worldwide. MAX Technical Training has been delivering IT education since 1998. MAX Technical Training has passed a thorough and rigorous review in order to be approved by the Ohio state board of career colleges and schools.

MAX Technical Training was formerly called Cincy Code IT.

Recent MAX Technical Training Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (102) reviews for MAX Technical Training →

Recent MAX Technical Training News

• MAX Data Analytics Bootcamp

LocationCincinnati
    The program will teach the data analyst to be able to acquire data from different sources, and to identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets. The data analyst will also learn: • To filter and clean the data by reviewing computer printouts and reports and • Build and publish reports with Microsoft Power BI and Tableau. • The data analyst will have the ability to work with management to prioritize business information needs. Program Outline: • Excel Level 1 - Foundation • Excel Level 2 – Analyzing and Presenting Data • Excel Level 3 – Advanced Functions and Data Forecasting • Data Analysis and Visualization with Excel • SQL Querying for Analysts • Tableau Desktop • Tableau Desktop 2 • Microsoft Power BI - Data Analysis Professional • Career services Electives • Fundamentals of SQL • BA Foundations • Understanding Agile/Scrum
    Deposit$125 Application Fee (non-refundable)

We work with funding sources such as Ascent, GI Bill, Ohio to Work, Workforce Development Funding, Tech2Thrive , WIOA, and more.
    Tuition PlansCreative funding solutions are available. Ask our financing advisors about the funding sources and plans that may be available to you.
    Refund / GuaranteeRefund and guarantees are listed in our course catalog. https://maxtrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/MAX-Catalog-2021-8-23-21.pdf
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic Computer Knowledge Knowledge of Word and Excel Windows Essentials File Management
    Prep WorkNo.
  • MAX Full-time Coding Bootcamp

Start Date August 16, 2022
    LocationCincinnati
    The MAXIMUM Coding & Career Bootcamp is your direct path to a career in IT. Our MAXimum coding bootcamp is a multi-language, accelerated, full-stack, 13-week coding experience. It is the only JAVA and C#(.NET) bootcamp in the Midwest region. Work your way from the database to user interface and gain the experience you need to confidently land a career as a Software Developer. The MAXimum Coding & Career Bootcamp is a custom-designed curriculum developed by MAX Senior Instructors and Consultants. The program curriculum is packed with all the technologies listed below. Since our curriculum is not “out-of-the-box” we adapt new methods, technology, and field relevant knowledge from our partners. In the MAXimum Bootcamp, you will learn how to shift your knowledge base to include a second language. With more than 30+ years of experience each, our instructors will guide you through multi-language instruction that gives you the capability to code in both JAVA and C#(.NET). Our hiring partners have expressed positive interest in Developers that show they can understand multiple languages. In the MAXimum Coding Bootcamp you use all of the following technologies: • Git / GitHub • SQL Database • C#.Net & Java • EF / MVC / WebAPI • Spring Framework • Scrum • Hosting • HTML / CSS/ Bootstrap • JavaScript / jQuery • Angular / Typescript • Cloud • Capstone Project • Career Preparation and Services
    Deposit$125 Application Fee (non-refundable)
    MAX partners with Government, State, County, and community groups with funding resources available to reduce out-of-pocket costs for the bootcamp. We also accept the GI Bill toward.

Financing available through Ascent

Local workforce grants

Apply for Veterans Benefits

Click to learn more about our funding solutions.
    Tuition Plans$7,750 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,750 due in week 7 of the bootcamp.
    ScholarshipScholarships are available for Veterans and Women in IT.
    Minimum Skill LevelHigh school diploma. No previous IT experience required.
    Prep WorkWe recommend Free Code Camp and Code.ORG to our students prior to the bootcamp, but no official prep work is required.
    August 16, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by August 09, 2022
    October 18, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by October 11, 2022
  • MAX IT Business Analyst

SQL, Scrum, Excel, DevOps, Data Visualization, Business Intelligence
    Start Date October 03, 2022
    LocationCincinnati
    The Business Analyst program provides the student the opportunity to learn the key concepts and responsibilities of a practicing Business Analyst (BA). The program teaches the student to work with the business to identify opportunities for improvement. The BA is involved in the design and modification of business systems or Information Technology (IT) Systems. The BA will gather, document and analyze business needs and requirements. The BA may also be responsible for functional and technical design of business processes and may interact with system architects and developers to ensure a system is properly implemented. The BA may also be responsible for testing the system and creating system documentation. In addition to the instructor-led training, MTT also provides its students with computer- based tools to practice their newly learned skills plus job placement assistance. • Analyzing Data with Power BI • Business Process Modeling • Data Modeling Workshop • Microsoft SharePoint Training Power Users and Site Owners • DevOps Foundation • Effective Project Management • Excel Level 1 • Excel Level 2 • Foundation of Business Analysis • Fundamentals of SQL • Introduction to Web Development - 30 • ITIL Foundation • Scrum Foundation • Scrum Simulation Workshop • Tableau Analyst Fundamentals • Introduction to XML • Writing Use Cases • Writing User Stories • Career Services
    Deposit$125 Application Fee (non-refundable)

Minimum Skill LevelBasic Computer Knowledge Basic knowledge of Excel and Word Windows Essentials File Management
    Prep WorkNo.
    October 03, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by September 23, 2022
  • MAX Part-time Coding Bootcamp

Start Date October 10, 2022
    LocationCincinnati
    The Part-time Coding & Career Bootcamp is a custom-designed curriculum developed by MAX Senior Instructors and Consultants. The program curriculum is packed with all the technologies listed below. Since our curriculum is not “out-of-the-box”, we adapt new methods, technology, and mix in field-relevant knowledge from our partners. This is the only lifestyle-fitting Coding Bootcamp in the Midwest region that can be attended virtually and part-time.   In the Part-time Coding Bootcamp you use all of the following technologies: Git / GitHub SQL Database C#.Net & Java EF / MVC / WebAPI Spring Framework Scrum Hosting HTML / CSS/ Bootstrap JavaScript / jQuery Angular / Typescript Capstone Project Career Preparation and Services The Part-Time program runs a little over 30 weeks with a class meeting on Monday / Wednesday from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am – 4:30 pm. For more detailed information and to apply, visit https://maxtrain.com/career/ or call 513-322-8888.
    Deposit$125 Application Fee (non-refundable)
    MAX partners with Government, State, County, and community groups with funding resources available to reduce out-of-pocket costs for the bootcamp. We also accept the GI Bill towards our career bootcamps. Call us about finding a financial solution to help with your bootcamp costs.

Financing available through Ascent

Local workforce grants

Apply for Veterans Benefits

Click to learn more about our funding solutions.
    ScholarshipScholarships are available for Veterans and Women in IT.
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner. No previous IT experience required.
    October 10, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by October 03, 2022
  • Best Tech Bootcamp
    - 12/30/2021
    Elena  User Photo
    Elena • Software Engineer in Test • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took 2020 as a opportunity to find what I truly want to do with my life. I graduated college with a degree in Psychology, I then was on my way to getting my Master's in Social Work to be a licensed therapist. Unfortunately, it wasn't until I was halfway through I realized that's not what I wanted to do. I had a few jobs at the zoo and hospital to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up. It wasn't until I sat down with my dad, who was a IT manager at the time, that I discovered my love for problem solving and technology.
    He told me about MAX and how amazing their program is. I was very hesitant because I had no idea what to expect and I didn't want to fail. The staff at MAX were amazing and helped me build my confidence. I took their entrance exam and passed. Even after the exam I didn't feel confident enough that I could do it until talking with one of the instructors, Greg. He could be a motivational speaker. After a conversation with him I was excited to get ready.
    I had never heard of any of the languages and technologies they spoke about, nor what they were for. I had zero knowledge and experience. We started off with Git and GitHub, moved to SQL, then .NET where we learned a little bit of JAVA as well. Lastly, we learned the front end development. The instructors were determined to help all of us succeed. They made sure we were understanding the material and answered everyone's questions. They would use their lunch breaks to help students or contact a recent graduate to help tutor. However, the help didn't stop after graduation. Their job assistance program was very helpful growing our network and keeping up with us on how the job hunt was going. They are a determined and truly caring bootcamp family. They want everyone who walks into their door to leave with their certificate and find a job as soon as they graduate.
    I am still amazed at how much I learned. Going from absolutely no knowledge what so ever about any of these languages and technologies to being able to create programs is an amazing feeling.
  • Chauntae Johnson  User Photo
    Chauntae Johnson • Software Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This boot camp offered over 20 different coding technologies. A lot of these were both front and back end coding languages like JavaScript and C#. Receiving a full-stack coding education definitely helped me to stand out in the software development industry. The MAX Technical training, both technical and career, are top notch. Provided by professionals with over 30 years in their respective field, are very supportive and will do everything in their power to ensure that you are well prepared for your career shift.
    Highly recommend just calling and seeing what this school has to offer, you will not be disappointed.
  • Software Develper
    - 12/21/2021
    Caroline Wilson  User Photo
    Caroline Wilson • Software Develpoer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I absolutely loved going to MAX. They teach you so much and support you the whole way through. I especially loved getting a job a week after graduation!
  • Andrea Davis  User Photo
    Andrea Davis • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    If you are looking for a place that cares more about making sure you are ready for the workforce instead of just pushing you through to graduate for the money, then look no further. The relationship I developed with the staff and other students still exists today. The staff at Max care about the quality and well being of the students and how they are learning and not the quantity of the number of students other schools just see as numbers to push through. The staff at Max and their bootcamp has truly changed my life. I am now a software engineer at a company I absolutely love and love being a Max Bootcamp Grad Alumni!
  • Glenn  User Photo
    Glenn • Director, Information Technology • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Decided to make a career change at 50. The experience I had at Max Technical Training had a powerful, positive impact on my life that continues today.  From the initial meeting to the on-site visit, through the course, graduation and job placement, Max Technical Training exceeded my expectations. From the first face you see to the company president, the staff and instructors are there to support you every step of the way. It wasn't always easy for me, but with their support I was able to reach my goal.  Today I continue to use the skills I learned in bootcamp and embrace the love of learning that was fostered at Max Technical Training.
  • Maximum Bootcamp
    - 12/6/2021
    Michelle Jowers  User Photo
    Michelle Jowers • Quality Assurance & Release Specialist 1 • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This bootcamp has been a life changer for me.  My pay for my new employment is increasing 25% from before I started the 13 week bootcamp and that is only as an entry level employee. I am very appreciative to all of the assistance that I received from all of the staff! They have all been amazing!!!!
  • Karlee Abrams  User Photo
    Karlee Abrams • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    After struggling to decide what I wanted to do when I grew up, I came across MAX Technical Training where I was able to learn all of the necessary skills needed to be a full-stack developer in one place. I was weary because of the cost, but financial aid was available which helped make my decision. The staff and instructors were extremely friendly and there for me every step throughout the bootcamp. They truly want each and every student to succeed and they work hard to make that happen.
    Before starting the bootcamp, I was working full-time and wasn’t sure a bootcamp would fit into my schedule. But once I found out that MAX had a part-time bootcamp.. I was sold! This was the best decision I ever made for myself and my career. I am now a software developer at The Cincinnati Insurance Companies and I’m extremely happy. I’m so grateful for each and every MAX employee that helped get me to where I am today!
  • Christian Hall  User Photo
    Christian Hall • Developer II • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience is a little unusual. First, I attended the bootcamp through a job placement program and already had a job lined up at the end. Second, I started the bootcamp in March 2020, right when the lockdowns in Ohio started. We only spent one day in the classroom before they informed us that we would be meeting remotely, and we never met in person for class since.

They made sure we had the tools needed for at-home learning, including loaner laptops. I connected my laptop to my TV so I could view the daily classroom virtual meeting while taking notes and working on my own code. The instructor was available after class through the Slack app for additional questions, and checked in on us individually from time to time to see how we were doing. The class also met up on Discord on weekends to collaborate on homework. While it was difficult to learn remotely compared to in-person, we had lots of resources outside of lesson time.

The curriculum was very helpful for my position. Although I don't use Java very often in my job, the fundamentals taught at MAX allowed me to transfer those skills to new languages. The curriculum included all three layers of a web application, and we learned technologies and languages in current use. We received several textbooks for each language, including a MAX-created textbook for Git, MySQL, and Angular. I still refer to these from time to time. Curriculum also included a lesson in agile production and SCRUM procedures, something my workplace uses. There are several days devoted to assistance with finding a job, including professional resume development and review.

I would recommend MAX to someone interested in attending bootcamp in the Cincinnati area. Outside of my own positive experience, I have encountered several alumni at prominent companies in the city.
  • .Net Bootcamp
    - 12/1/2021
    Pete Mathews  User Photo
    Pete Mathews • Associate Application Analyst and Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I learned very basic HTML/CSS to hard code webpages as part of my job right out of college. From there I learned more about development on my own. I realized that I had a passion for coding and developing, but I didn’t have any “actual” experience nor the formal education that is pretty much required for a job.

My main reasons for attending a bootcamp were to advance my skills, network, and build my resume to make a career change, quickly and affordably.

I was undecided about rather I wanted to go more data science, web development, cyber security, or business applications.

I looked at the big name bootcamps, but felt that I wanted a program that had a relationship with the local organizations where I wanted to work. That narrowed down the list of programs significantly. An advantage that I saw with Max was that they offered more than just a bootcamp. They have been around for over a decade and truly had lasting relationships with organizations and a stable staff. I felt like Max was the best option for building a solid network in the Cincinnati area.

Most of the other reviews cover curriculum and it changes, so I won’t get much into it. I will say Greg has plenty of “real world” experience and can give a good insight into life as a developer and business applications.

In terms of career services, Annette is great and will work with you no matter how long it takes. As long as you are putting in the effort, she will support you. She welcomes you to reach if there is anything she can do to help, even after getting your first job.

One of the biggest reasons to attend Max is the family-like environment that you can rely on no matter how long it has been since the bootcamp! If I new training in the future, Max will be my first resort.

One piece of advice: Take advantage of getting a SCRUM certification that is included as part of the bootcamp!

• Course Report
    - 11/30/2021
    Vaughn Cunningham  User Photo
    Vaughn Cunningham • Software Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I believe the best way to find the best bootcamp is to ask about the curriculum and how much time is spent on a particular topic. The curriculum is what will give you an outlook on what personal goals you can accomplish in your training.

Speaking for myself, I am an extremely curious person and want to learn everything there is to know before I start something new. At MAX, I was a brand new to software development and had no idea what I was getting myself into. The training was intense and at times I thought I wasn't going to be able to succeed in this profession.

MAX was the best place for beginners and to those who just wanted to brush up on their skills. You may not retain all the information and skills that you learned in your time in training but you will gain the knowledge and awareness of what you need to do when you start at your new job. Also, not only will you have the help and support from your instructor(s) and staff but you will have help preparing you for your next steps after graduating from the bootcamp training.
    I believe MAX is the best option because the doors at MAX are always open before and after your course is complete for any guidance you may need in your future endeavors.
    Strongly recommend choosing MAX!
  • What can I say?
    - 11/12/2021
    Chas Johnson  User Photo
    Chas Johnson • .Net Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    For being one of the most brutal and most punishing schools I've been through, it's been the most rewarding no doubt. The staff is like nothing I've ever seen before. Everybody is always happy to see you and is always keeping the big picture in mind, the students. Their number one priority is the student and making sure they are always striving. Whether it be just having snacks or making sure there's always hot coffee, they're always trying to make sure that the student has the best experience and also has anything they could need to succeed. The instructors have been in the industry and they know everything that a student would need and a lot more. I got the pleasure of having Greg as my instructor and he was nothing but a blessing. He watches over everybody and is always making sure that there isn't anybody struggling, if somebody struggles a bit he has no problem spending time with you and making sure you feel comfortable before moving on. Even after they teach you everything you need to land a position they have this wonderful woman named Annette to help you find a job. Just like the boot camp, she's gonna be a little hard on you, but she does it because she knows what works. LISTEN TO HER!!!!! Along with Greg and Annette were Denise, Patricia, Kim, Kevin, Sean, and Jada. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to spend five day a week with for a couple months. I couldn't recommend Max Technical Training enough.
  • Traci Chan  User Photo
    Traci Chan • Associate Software Engineer • Verified via LinkedIn
    Max Technical Training was a great experience for me.  I love the small class size and Greg was a knowledgeable and great teacher that was always willing to help.  We even transitioned from in person to remote because of Covid and we were able to adapt and complete the class!  I developed a three-tier, full stack SPA, Purchase Request System (PRS) web application comprising a .Net Core Restful web service backend with SQL Server connected to an Angular 7 and Typescript front end.  Annette was also a great encourager and supporter as we looked for jobs in a very slow market because of Covid.   She worked with me on my resume and different strategies for looking and not getting defeated when I got rejected.  She helped me learn from the rejections and move forward.  Max Technical Training, has developed a great network of people, as well, connections to meet with others in the industry, whether you are looking for a job and want to connect or trying to find a group to connect and learn more. Max Technical Training helped me become a Software Engineer!