max-technical-training-logo

MAX Technical Training

Cincinnati

MAX Technical Training

MAX Career Bootcamps offers Coding (full-time 13 weeks or part-time 25 weeks), Data Analytics (6 weeks), and Business Analyst (9 weeks) programs that can be completed in-person in Cincinnati, Ohio or live online. Class size is limited to 16 to ensure bootcamp students receive increased support from instructors.

The Coding bootcamp offers a Java and C#/.NET core curriculum. Students train in technologies, such as SQL, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, Angular and Scrum. From day one, students put their training to use and independently code on a capstone project. The coding bootcamp will culminate with a Demo Day with MAX’s hiring partners where students will present their functional Enterprise Business Application.

The Data Analytics bootcamp gives students a clear understanding and total immersion into all the facets of the data analyst role. The bootcamp covers analyzing and presenting data, advanced functions and data forecasting, data analysis and visualization with Excel, and understanding Agile and Scrum. The curriculum also covers SQL, Tableau, and Microsoft BI.

In the Business Analyst bootcamp, students learn how to analyze and present data, data modeling, business process modeling, project management, Scrum, and writing user stories and use cases. The curriculum includes Power BI, SQL, Microsoft SharePoint, Tableau, and XML. Students will also receive an introduction to web development and gain a foundation in ITIL®.

MAX bootcamps go beyond the technology by developing a student’s emotional intelligence, professional acumen, and establishing their personal brand. Students work their way from resume-building to interview whiteboarding. MAX alumni come back for their career lifecycle training. MAX encourages students to continue their career training and the MAX team can help design a successful path for their career.

All are welcome to apply for the MAX bootcamps. To be accepted into a bootcamp, an applicant must complete a general assessment, an interview with a MAX advisor, and bootcamp registration forms. Anyone interested in enrolling in a MAX bootcamp is encouraged to take our mini assessment on-line, call our success specialist or attend a  MAX Bootcamp Breakdown event to meet a Success Specialist, Career Coach, Instructors, Alumni, and MAX hiring partners.

The bootcamps were created by MAX Technical Training, a Cincinnati-based training organization and a trusted training partner to Fortune 1000 companies worldwide. MAX Technical Training has been delivering IT education since 1998. MAX Technical Training has passed a thorough and rigorous review in order to be approved by the Ohio state board of career colleges and schools.

MAX Technical Training was formerly called Cincy Code IT.

Recent MAX Technical Training Reviews: Rating 4.92

all (59) reviews for MAX Technical Training →

Recent MAX Technical Training News

• MAXIMUM Coding Bootcamp JAVA and .NET/C# Coding Bootcamp

Start Date September 14, 2021
    LocationCincinnati
    The MAXIMUM Coding & Career Bootcamp is your direct path to a career in IT. Our MAXimum coding bootcamp is a multi-language, accelerated, full-stack, 13-week coding experience. It is the only JAVA and C#(.NET) bootcamp in the Midwest region. Work your way from the database to user interface and gain the experience you need to confidently land a career as a Software Developer. The MAXimum Coding & Career Bootcamp is a custom-designed curriculum developed by MAX Senior Instructors and Consultants. The program curriculum is packed with all the technologies listed below. Since our curriculum is not “out-of-the-box” we adapt new methods, technology, and field relevant knowledge from our partners. In the MAXimum Bootcamp, you will learn how to shift your knowledge base to include a second language. With more than 30+ years of experience each, our instructors will guide you through multi-language instruction that gives you the capability to code in both JAVA and C#(.NET). Our hiring partners have expressed positive interest in Developers that show they can understand multiple languages. In the MAXimum Coding Bootcamp you use all of the following technologies: • Git / GitHub • SQL Database • C#.Net & Java • EF / MVC / WebAPI • Spring Framework • Scrum • Hosting • HTML / CSS/ Bootstrap • JavaScript / jQuery • Angular / Typescript • Cloud • Capstone Project • Career Preparation and Services
    Deposit$125 Application Fee (non-refundable)
    MAX partners with Government, State, County, and community groups with funding resources available to reduce out-of-pocket costs for the bootcamp. We also accept the GI Bill toward.

Financing available through Ascent

Local workforce grants

Apply for Veterans Benefits

Click to learn more about our funding solutions.
    Tuition Plans$7,750 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,750 due in week 7 of the bootcamp.
    ScholarshipScholarships are available for Veterans and Women in IT.
    Minimum Skill LevelHigh school diploma. No previous IT experience required.
    Prep WorkWe recommend Free Code Camp and Code.ORG to our students prior to the bootcamp, but no official prep work is required.
    September 14, 2021 - Cincinnati Apply by September 07, 2021
    February 08, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by February 01, 2022
  • Part-Time Java Developer Bootcamp

Start Date October 04, 2021
    LocationCincinnati
    The Part-time Coding & Career Bootcamp is a custom-designed curriculum developed by MAX Senior Instructors and Consultants. The program curriculum is packed with all the technologies listed below. Since our curriculum is not “out-of-the-box”, we adapt new methods, technology, and mix in field relevant knowledge from our partners. This is the only lifestyle fitting Coding Bootcamp in the Midwest region that can be attended virtually and part-time.   In the Part-time Coding Bootcamp you use all of the following technologies: Git/GitHub MySQL Java, JUnit, TDD ORM / Spring / JPA C# Scrum HTML/CSS/Bootstrap JavaScript, jQuery TS / Angular Career Projects The Part-Time program runs a little over 25 weeks with a class meeting on Monday / Wednesday from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am – 4:30 pm. For more detailed information and to apply, visit https://maxtrain.com/career/ or call 513-322-8888.
    Deposit$125 Application Fee (non-refundable)
    MAX partners with Government, State, County, and community groups with funding resources available to reduce out-of-pocket costs for the bootcamp. We also accept the GI Bill towards our career bootcamps. Call us about finding a financial solution to help with your bootcamp costs.

Financing available through Ascent

Local workforce grants

Apply for Veterans Benefits

Click to learn more about our funding solutions.
    ScholarshipScholarships are available for Veterans and Women in IT.
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner. No previous IT experience required.
    October 04, 2021 - Cincinnati Apply by September 27, 2021
  • Jonathan Wilson  User Photo
    Jonathan Wilson • Systems Applications Programmer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

In 4 months, I was able to change the industry I was working in and scored a job making $20,000 more than I did at my previous job.

Earlier this year, I was working in the financial industry in Utah as a project manager and building programs in Microsoft Access and Excel. While I was finding success in my previous role, I knew that there was something better out there. This is when we moved to Cincinnati.

Looking for a fresh start, I looked at multiple bootcamp programs. I knew the Cincy Code IT was the right program for me because they have been successfully placing graduates with over 50 different companies for a number of years. Lisa Slutsky made the application process seamless and gave me easy instructions to secure financing for my education. She even noted what kind of company I wanted to work for and would loop me in if opportunities came up that fit my wants.

Greg Doud, who has over 30 years of experience in the industry, was a brilliant instructor. While I did have some professional coding experience, Greg helped me grasp concepts that had previously given me issue. Greg did an excellent job of demonstrating how the concepts we learned are executed in real life. The concepts were not theoretical, they were practical skills that all tied together to create our capstone project. Greg even made himself available before class and after class where he answered any other questions that I had. In Greg, I found not only an instructor, but a friend and mentor.

I was excited that we learned cutting edge technologies with the newest versions of each software. Many employers were surprised by the breadth of subjects that we had been taught. Also, my old laptop at home was having a hard time running these programs, so Cincy Code IT lent me one for the rest of the program for free!

After graduating the program, Lisa went way out of her way to introduce me to contacts and to send my resume to companies that fit my interests. While I did send out resumes on my own, I was pleasantly surprised by how effective Lisa was in connecting me with decision makers at companies. Lisa works more than a job, she truly cares about her students and helps them find success in their life. I only found the job that I have because of her.

In summary, you will find high calliber instruction and Cincy Code IT with the most recent technologies. You will also find a staff that listens to you, and will go out of their way to help you find your next step in your career. Now I just have to figure out what to do with this extra money.

Thank you Cincy Code IT for changing my life. I am so much happier in my new career!

• Steven Bruce  User Photo
    Steven Bruce • Software Developer I • Graduate Verified via GitHub

To those who are considering a bootcamp in the Cincinnati area,

I would expect due diligence from anyone considering a career shift into software development. Do not take my word for it, visit these places and ask the hard questions. In my experience MAX Technical Training was forthright and transparent about their program. I was told that enduring the bootcamp would not be easy. They were right.  I was also told that if I gave it my all, I would be prepared for a new career in software development. Again, they were right. MAX has an all star staff who truly care about the success of their bootcampers. Never have I felt so welcome and supported in an educational setting. In fact, I am two months into my new career and continue to feel supported by my teachers, mentors and peers. While the bootcamp was, to say the least.. hard, it was also extremely gratifying.

Possibly the most important aspect of the program is the relevance to current business needs. I walked into my new position able to provide value on day one. MAX thoroughly examines the Cincinnati market to cater to business needs. Everything they teach you will be useful.

If you are a hard worker who enjoys puzzles and plays nice in the sandbox take a look at MAX. Then when you have completed the bootcamp have Lisa connect us so I can give you a referal.

• Daniel Loughry  User Photo
    Daniel Loughry • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

For anyone seriously considering a career in software development, Cincy Code IT and MAX Technical Training is the place to begin your journey.  In order to provide proper perspective for my review, I would like to make it know prior to entering this Bootcamp, my only experience with computers was using Microsoft Office during my military career.

I served almost 17 years in the military when a career-ending injury presented me with a difficult decision; how do I start a new career after only knowing military service since I was 19 years old?  I had heard great reviews about Cincy Code IT from my brother who attended the Java Full Stack Bootcamp and I decided it was worth investigating.

I was immediately impressed by the staff's commitment to seeing their students succeed in the course and providing them with professional skill workshops needed to help find jobs, ace interviews and advance their careers.

Dave Dziak, Bootcamp Advocate, previously worked as a technical recruiter and his first-hand industry knowledge was invaluable in helping me make the decision to attend the Bootcamp as well as provide the skills needed to be successful during technical interviews.

The .Net course was taught by Greg Doud who has over 30 years of experience in software development and was an amazing teacher. He tirelessly dedicated his personal time to ensure students understood the material and his passion for teaching made class fun. Coming in with zero programming experience, I was grateful and blessed to have him as a teacher.

One of the most valuable and enjoyable parts of the Bootcamp was working with the Career Manager Lisa Slutsky, aka "Job Mom". Lisa goes above and beyond to help students fine-tune resumes, provide professional guidance and utilize her extensive professional contacts to find great jobs with great organizations. Her personal commitment to helping students start their careers is reason alone to attend this Bootcamp.

The information and the technologies taught at Cincy Code IT are highly sought after and they do a great job of preparing you for a position as a junior developer. They teach new and in-demand technologies such as Angular and provide an opportunity to be certified as a Professional Scrum Master I before graduation.

If you are looking to take the next step in your development career or make a big career change like me, I could not think of a better place to start.

• My Success
    - 7/30/2018
    Larry  User Photo
    Larry • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Many many moons later I'm finally on the other side of the review. Yes, the one writing it! I just attended the May 18 .NET bootcamp and let me tell you, I was impressed. At first I think everyone in the class was thinking this was 14k? But let me tell you, it picked up quick and everyone learned a ton. Like all of you, I did tons of research on different types of studies to include self teaching, a 4 year degree and of course the thousands of boot camps. It wasn't easy to make up my mind, but I don't regret coming here for one second. Now with that said, let me tell you where I came from. I'm a vet, and so was nearly half of my cohort. We all came from mixed backgrounds of experience, some self tought, one prevously had a coding job and a few CS guys who gave up on the college fluff and wanted to get straight to employment. I was of the group who had a little self teaching prior to attending, but not much and honestly everyone in my class killed it! We had awesome instruction from a Sr Dev who discovered his true passion was teaching. (Greg....Thank you so much!!!! You were an awesome instructor and I can't thank you enough for all of your hard working, you truly made learning to solve problems both fun and rewarding.)

So you're all probably wondering why I sound so chippery, well a week before graduating I recived my first offer as a full stack developer. I'm beyond excited and I couldn't not have done it wouthout the support I received from both the staff and my fellow class mates.

So what made me successful? --

I worked hard, stayed engaged and asked questions. I then spent a good 1-3 hours of time each night working on side projects/ topics that I may have strugged with. I never thought I was going to learn enough to build my own games, but honestly, you can do just about anything if you really pour your heart into it. I got tons of cool projects under my belt, built up my portfolio and now I'm confident that where ever I start my career I'll do just fine.

Now with all that being said, this boot camp is not for everyone!!! You have to be 100% honest with yourself and your family prior to attending. Chances are, if you dont get all of your priorities straight before coming here, you will struggle! Not to say Greg and others won't be there to help you, but it's ultimately up to you! If you put in the hard work I'm confident you will make it through and of course get our foot into that new career you're wanting so bad.

If you're serious about attenind I highly recomend you download Visual Studio, go on youtube and watch a few coding tutorials and pick up some C#. I knew a little C# prior to attending, not much... And those who didn't struggled a bit more. Also, If you can't decide between JAVA and C# when you go on sites like indeed and look for jobs, there is an illusion that JAVA is the clear winner. I can assure you employeers have a much harder time finding qualified C# programmers than they do JAVA developers, because everyone and their mother knows JAVA. I'm certain you will be successful either way, but If I had to do it again, I'd pick C# again in a heart beat. PS, just I have another interview with General Atomics on Monday.

So to sum everything up, work your tale off and immerse yourself in programming! If you attend Cincy Code IT, you will not regret it!

• Jennifer Wesselman  User Photo
    Jennifer Wesselman • Systems Analyst/Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have a background in Front-End Development and Technical Support.  When I worked for my previous employer, I supported their application from a technical aspect and found that the customer experience was lacking due to the development of the application.  When Dave Dziak contacted me about attending the .NET Development Boot Camp, I thought that I would take a leap of faith and transition to this career field, so that I could learn to make applications that would excite the end-user and make their experience rewarding.

I will admit, I was a bit scared at first, but I am a very determined individual and that was what stood out the most to Greg and Lisa.  Two and a half weeks after Graduation, I can say that I am employed full time by a company in Covington, KY and I am very eager and enthusiastic about what I offer to them.

To future readers, I encourage you to take the steps necessary to procure for yourself a rewarding and satisfying future in software programming.  The skills you enter the boot camp with will enable you to go just as far as your imagination will take you and the skills you will learn in the boot camp will provide a nourishing backdrop to dream the impossible into the possible.

Good luck and God Bless!!

• Sue Ann P  User Photo
    Sue Ann P • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After over 20 years as a legal assistant, I found myself not getting challenged any longer in my roles. Always having an interest in technology, I decided to start researching a possible career change. I found the Cincy Code IT program at MAX Technical Training and decided to apply to the .NET Boot Camp. During my first few weeks I was completely terrified and thought I may have made a horrible decision as I felt like I was taking a foreign language! My instructor, Greg Doud, kept insuring me that I would start understanding more and more. I was skeptical but determined! I am so glad I did not give up!! After completing the Boot Camp and with the assistance of MAX’s Greg Doud, Lisa Slutsky, and Sean Blessing, I landed a job immediately! Taking the Boot Camp was one of the hardest but most rewarding things I have ever done!! I’m so thankful for the program and for the great people at MAX!!!

• The Right choice!
    - 12/9/2017
    Elisha A.  User Photo
    Elisha A. • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After making the choice to get into programming, and after careful research I enrolled in the Java BootCamp at CincyCode IT. I had no programming background and was displaced from work due to outsourcing, so I needed a school with a robust program for beginners and a good job placement service. The instructors, Sean Blessing and Greg Doud, went above and beyond to see me through this process; making time outside class hours to help. After the program, a whole week was dedicated to career counseling [employement week]. This included resume writing and bringing in, HR-personnels from reputable companies to speak on best practices on resume writing, interviews and also conduct mock interviews. A career manager on site, Lisa, works tremendously, to ensure every resource is tapped.  Through CincyCode IT networking, I was selected by an agency for a course for 3 weeks for possible hire. I am now hired as a software programmer and have my start date.  Thanks Sean, Greg, Lisa, Dave, Kim P and all the wonderful staff at Max, Thank you all again.

• Student Review
    - 8/11/2021
    Jonathan Daugherty • Product Developer Trainee • Graduate
    I could not recommend MAX Technical Training enough...from day one I knew that they were behind me.  From learning the ins and outs of several different workable languages, to being career coached by a well-respected individual in the job hunting community...MAX is the place to be!
  • Steve • Software QA Engineer • Graduate
    Attending MAX Technical Training was one of the best decisions I ever made. Every member of their staff is incredibly friendly, knowledgable, and helpful through your entire journey.

Greg Doud, my instructor, was excellent and made learning to code a lot of fun every day. If you want to learn from one of the best, I highly recommend his instruction.

The journey really begins once you graduate. Annette Ballard went above and beyond for me in helping me land a job in a pandemic. Her expertise and attention to detail is outstanding.

If you are looking around for the right bootcamp, you can stop your search. Attend MAX Technical Training!
  • Sarah • Graduate
    Great school with a lot of support- really prepared me for the real world of software engineering!
  • Jonathan Pyrak • Student
    I eagerly recommend MAX Technical Training for anybody looking to start a career in coding in the Greater Cincinnati area. A wide variety of technologies are taught with a culminating capstone project that showcases all the work you put in over weeks. Beyond classes taught by skilled and experienced instructors, MAX offers career services to ensure that you aren't alone the moment you graduate - through their help, I am launching my career and very eager to take the skills I've learned into the workforce.
  • Amazing Experience
    - 12/4/2020
    Tanya • Graduate
    I was very happy with my education at MAX for several reasons.

First, Max Technical Training has an amazing team of educators who deliver the information in a very accurate, interesting, and digestible way. Honestly, our classes were much more than instructions - they were pure joy and a huge part of that was due to the expertise and charisma of our instructors: Greg Doud, Sean Blessing, and Annette Ballard! We had several outstanding guest speakers, too!

I can't but mention that our cohort benefited a lot from the implemented individual approach to educating bootcampers. Undoubtedly, having approachable and helpful instructors greatly contributed to my and other students' success.

Moreover, the educational program is well-balanced, thought through and very valuable - all the concepts I was educated are in demand by my current employer, which makes the knowledge and skills I acquired at Max 100% applicable at my job.

Finally, in-person education at Max Technical Training during the 2020 pandemic felt very safe!