max-technical-training-logo

MAX Technical Training

Cincinnati

MAX Technical Training

MAX Career Bootcamps offers Coding (full-time 13 weeks or part-time 25 weeks), Data Analytics (6 weeks), and Business Analyst (9 weeks) programs that can be completed in-person in Cincinnati, Ohio or live online. Class size is limited to 16 to ensure bootcamp students receive increased support from instructors.

The Coding bootcamp offers a Java and C#/.NET core curriculum. Students train in technologies, such as SQL, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, Angular and Scrum. From day one, students put their training to use and independently code on a capstone project. The coding bootcamp will culminate with a Demo Day with MAX’s hiring partners where students will present their functional Enterprise Business Application.

The Data Analytics bootcamp gives students a clear understanding and total immersion into all the facets of the data analyst role. The bootcamp covers analyzing and presenting data, advanced functions and data forecasting, data analysis and visualization with Excel, and understanding Agile and Scrum. The curriculum also covers SQL, Tableau, and Microsoft BI.

In the Business Analyst bootcamp, students learn how to analyze and present data, data modeling, business process modeling, project management, Scrum, and writing user stories and use cases. The curriculum includes Power BI, SQL, Microsoft SharePoint, Tableau, and XML. Students will also receive an introduction to web development and gain a foundation in ITIL®.

MAX bootcamps go beyond the technology by developing a student’s emotional intelligence, professional acumen, and establishing their personal brand. Students work their way from resume-building to interview whiteboarding. MAX alumni come back for their career lifecycle training. MAX encourages students to continue their career training and the MAX team can help design a successful path for their career.

All are welcome to apply for the MAX bootcamps. To be accepted into a bootcamp, an applicant must complete a general assessment, an interview with a MAX advisor, and bootcamp registration forms. Anyone interested in enrolling in a MAX bootcamp is encouraged to take our mini assessment on-line, call our success specialist or attend a  MAX Bootcamp Breakdown event to meet a Success Specialist, Career Coach, Instructors, Alumni, and MAX hiring partners.

The bootcamps were created by MAX Technical Training, a Cincinnati-based training organization and a trusted training partner to Fortune 1000 companies worldwide. MAX Technical Training has been delivering IT education since 1998. MAX Technical Training has passed a thorough and rigorous review in order to be approved by the Ohio state board of career colleges and schools.

MAX Technical Training was formerly called Cincy Code IT.

Recent MAX Technical Training Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (104) reviews for MAX Technical Training →

Recent MAX Technical Training News

• MAX Cyber Security Bootcamp

Network Security, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+
    LocationCincinnati
    Cyber Security professionals must stay updated with the growing threats to companies and systems. As you begin your journey to become a cyber security professional, certifications and hands-on/ongoing training are crucial to keeping your skills relevant. The program we put together combines credentials and hands-on labs around Cyber Security Bootcamp training. The certifications and hands-on training you can achieve with our Bootcamp will give you the ability to help protect computers and networks, files, and data, and the value of this protection is growing. Here are the courses and certifications that will help protect you personally and professionally at the companies you work for. CompTIA IT Fundamentals Completing this course will also help you acquire the knowledge and skills to securely set up and use a computer at home, keep it in good working order, and provide informal support for PCs and simple computer networks to your colleagues in a small business. CompTIA Network+ The Network+ course will describe modern networks’ major networking technologies and systems and configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks. CompTIA Security+ The Security+ course will provide the knowledge and skills to help organizations identify potential security risks and respond more quickly when incidents occur. This course will cover today’s most critical information security issues and practices. CompTIA CySA+ The CySA+ course is a comprehensive course that teaches you the knowledge and skills required to configure and use the latest industry-standard threat detection tools. You’ll learn how to perform data analysis to identify vulnerabilities and expose cyber threats — to help organizations protect and secure their applications and systems. Want to learn more about the Cyber Security Bootcamp curriculum? Download and review the full curriculum guide here.
    Deposit$125 Application Fee (non-refundable)
    MAX partners with Government, State, County, and community groups with funding resources available to reduce out-of-pocket costs for the bootcamp. We also accept the GI Bill toward.

Click to learn more about our funding solutions.
    Tuition Plans$8,000 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $8,000 due in week 7 of the bootcamp. Tuition repayment program available for Ohio residents. Creative financial solutions available.
    Minimum Skill LevelHigh school diploma. No previous IT experience is required.
  • MAX Data Analytics Bootcamp

LocationCincinnati
    The program will teach the data analyst to be able to acquire data from different sources, and to identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets. The data analyst will also learn: • To filter and clean the data by reviewing computer printouts and reports and • Build and publish reports with Microsoft Power BI and Tableau. • The data analyst will have the ability to work with management to prioritize business information needs. Program Outline: • Excel Level 1 - Foundation • Excel Level 2 – Analyzing and Presenting Data • Excel Level 3 – Advanced Functions and Data Forecasting • Data Analysis and Visualization with Excel • SQL Querying for Analysts • Tableau Desktop • Tableau Desktop 2 • Microsoft Power BI - Data Analysis Professional • Career services Electives • Fundamentals of SQL • BA Foundations • Understanding Agile/Scrum
    Deposit$125 Application Fee (non-refundable)

We work with funding sources such as Ascent, GI Bill, Ohio to Work, Workforce Development Funding, Tech2Thrive , WIOA, and more.
    Tuition PlansCreative funding solutions are available. Ask our financing advisors about the funding sources and plans that may be available to you.
    Refund / GuaranteeRefund and guarantees are listed in our course catalog. https://maxtrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/MAX-Catalog-2021-8-23-21.pdf
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic Computer Knowledge Knowledge of Word and Excel Windows Essentials File Management
    Prep WorkNo.
  • MAX Full-time Coding Bootcamp

Start Date August 16, 2022
    LocationCincinnati
    The MAXIMUM Coding & Career Bootcamp is your direct path to a career in IT. Our MAXimum coding bootcamp is a multi-language, accelerated, full-stack, 13-week coding experience. It is the only JAVA and C#(.NET) bootcamp in the Midwest region. Work your way from the database to user interface and gain the experience you need to confidently land a career as a Software Developer. The MAXimum Coding & Career Bootcamp is a custom-designed curriculum developed by MAX Senior Instructors and Consultants. The program curriculum is packed with all the technologies listed below. Since our curriculum is not “out-of-the-box” we adapt new methods, technology, and field relevant knowledge from our partners. In the MAXimum Bootcamp, you will learn how to shift your knowledge base to include a second language. With more than 30+ years of experience each, our instructors will guide you through multi-language instruction that gives you the capability to code in both JAVA and C#(.NET). Our hiring partners have expressed positive interest in Developers that show they can understand multiple languages. In the MAXimum Coding Bootcamp you use all of the following technologies: • Git / GitHub • SQL Database • C#.Net & Java • EF / MVC / WebAPI • Spring Framework • Scrum • Hosting • HTML / CSS/ Bootstrap • JavaScript / jQuery • Angular / Typescript • Cloud • Capstone Project • Career Preparation and Services

Click to learn more about our funding solutions.
    Tuition Plans$7,750 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,750 due in week 7 of the bootcamp.
    ScholarshipScholarships are available for Veterans and Women in IT.
    Minimum Skill LevelHigh school diploma. No previous IT experience required.
    Prep WorkWe recommend Free Code Camp and Code.ORG to our students prior to the bootcamp, but no official prep work is required.
    August 16, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by August 09, 2022
    October 18, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by October 11, 2022
    February 07, 2023 - Cincinnati Apply by January 27, 2023
  • MAX IT Business Analyst

SQL, Scrum, Excel, DevOps, Data Visualization, Business Intelligence
    Start Date October 03, 2022
    LocationCincinnati
    The Business Analyst program provides the student the opportunity to learn the key concepts and responsibilities of a practicing Business Analyst (BA). The program teaches the student to work with the business to identify opportunities for improvement. The BA is involved in the design and modification of business systems or Information Technology (IT) Systems. The BA will gather, document and analyze business needs and requirements. The BA may also be responsible for functional and technical design of business processes and may interact with system architects and developers to ensure a system is properly implemented. The BA may also be responsible for testing the system and creating system documentation. In addition to the instructor-led training, MTT also provides its students with computer- based tools to practice their newly learned skills plus job placement assistance. • Analyzing Data with Power BI • Business Process Modeling • Data Modeling Workshop • Microsoft SharePoint Training Power Users and Site Owners • DevOps Foundation • Effective Project Management • Excel Level 1 • Excel Level 2 • Foundation of Business Analysis • Fundamentals of SQL • Introduction to Web Development - 30 • ITIL Foundation • Scrum Foundation • Scrum Simulation Workshop • Tableau Analyst Fundamentals • Introduction to XML • Writing Use Cases • Writing User Stories • Career Services
    Deposit$125 Application Fee (non-refundable)

Minimum Skill LevelBasic Computer Knowledge Basic knowledge of Excel and Word Windows Essentials File Management
    Prep WorkNo.
    October 03, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by September 23, 2022
  • MAX Part-time Coding Bootcamp

Start Date October 10, 2022
    LocationCincinnati
    The Part-time Coding & Career Bootcamp is a custom-designed curriculum developed by MAX Senior Instructors and Consultants. The program curriculum is packed with all the technologies listed below. Since our curriculum is not “out-of-the-box”, we adapt new methods, technology, and mix in field-relevant knowledge from our partners. This is the only lifestyle-fitting Coding Bootcamp in the Midwest region that can be attended virtually and part-time.   In the Part-time Coding Bootcamp you use all of the following technologies: Git / GitHub SQL Database C#.Net & Java EF / MVC / WebAPI Spring Framework Scrum Hosting HTML / CSS/ Bootstrap JavaScript / jQuery Angular / Typescript Capstone Project Career Preparation and Services The Part-Time program runs a little over 30 weeks with a class meeting on Monday / Wednesday from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am – 4:30 pm. For more detailed information and to apply, visit https://maxtrain.com/career/ or call 513-322-8888.
    Deposit$125 Application Fee (non-refundable)
    MAX partners with Government, State, County, and community groups with funding resources available to reduce out-of-pocket costs for the bootcamp. We also accept the GI Bill towards our career bootcamps. Call us about finding a financial solution to help with your bootcamp costs.

Click to learn more about our funding solutions.
    ScholarshipScholarships are available for Veterans and Women in IT.
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner. No previous IT experience required.
    October 10, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by October 03, 2022
  • Philip Kerschner  User Photo
    Philip Kerschner • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had a great experience with MAX Technical Training. The curriculum was relevant, and the instructors were very knowledgeable. Throughout the entire process, the staff was supportive and encouraging.
  • Jeff Workman  User Photo
    Jeff Workman • Analyst 3 • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Discovering I could learn again was an amazing experience. Not only did I become aware that I could learn how to learn but I was able to learn and understand more about myself as a result of EVERYONE at MAX Technical Training. The growth both personal and professional was a huge take away.

Being force feed from the firehose all the technologies was a bit much but understanding that the overview of the small amount of ever changing information that is out there is part of the "Learning How To Learn"  process that settled in to my brain as I process all that I accomplished.

Learning from Greg Doud was an amazing experience. The knowledge, the history, THE WIT, and the compassion was all enough to make this an amazing journey but the entertaining aspect of his teaching style and his ability to adjust to every student's learning style struck me as the strong point to having him as an instructor. A HUGE "Thank You" to Greg!

I do prefer the hardcopy books, that I purchased outside of MAX, over the digital copies that were part of the curriculum. Trying to manage all the screens while actually programing seemed a bit much but I also understand that was my choice and a real world situation that I will encounter from here on out.

Kudos as well to Kevin Newkirk and Kim Peace for being a large part of our journey as well. Constantly checking on us and being involved in our progress showed they were in our corner and provided a sounding board on a few occasions. Their support was another added bonus in every student's ability to succeed.

To Annette Ballard - I can not say enough about the knowledge and compassion to see individuals progress, succeed and start their new journey in an exciting career change. The investment she made, and continues to make, in my journey alone speaks volumes, let alone the other 13 students in my cohort (and the second online cohort going on at the same time). THANK YOU!

Coming from a background where I (and others) have constantly felt like just a number for a company to rack in money it is nice to feel part of a family. I had that feeling twice before: The U.S. Army and the first band I started when I exited the military. Everywhere else I have been there seemed to be little concern, care or investment made into those that "Make Things Happen". That's why I left my employer in Dec. 2021 and decided to "Make It Happen" for myself. SURPRISINGLY I found a home at MAX Technical Training. EVERYONE CARES! Everyone is invested in seeing the success of those who take the steps to change their lives. Having talked to other alumni and attending a few of their social events it's clear that the love does NOT stop when you graduate!

Now in my third day of onboarding at Protiviti - Americas Delivery Center as an Analyst 3 I am having feelings about the welcoming family vibe once again. Manifesting that same culture as a result of 13 weeks of that at MAX has restored my faith in the fact that there are those that care about more than money.

I have always said, "If you take care of those that work with you, they were take care of you."

I highly recommend MAX Technical Training for those:
    Looking for a career change.
    Looking to increase their self worth.
    Looking to prove you can learn.
    Looking to become part of something bigger than yourself.
    That want to "Make It Happen"

I DID IT
    I changed MY LIFE
    I "Made It Happen"

...with the love and support of everyone at MAX!
    Thank you!

• Course Review
    - 6/14/2022
    Cody Ramsden  User Photo
    Cody Ramsden • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    MAX is excellent, I cannot thank them enough for everything I learned, and all the help they gave me along the way! A great group of people from top to bottom!!!
  • Madison Wallace  User Photo
    Madison Wallace • Associate Business Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
     It was March of 2022 when I began the nine-week long journey at MAX Technical Training. At the time, I had quit my position as an Associate Planning Specialist and knew that I wanted to further my education and experience. When I heard about MAX, my focus for the school had been prioritized. I knew it was going to take a ton of commitment, time, and patience. And, it did! Eventually, I graduated the boot camp with more than I could have ever imagined. The team and staff at MAX is determined and persistent in ensuring that their students come out of the boot camp successful and confident. At MAX, I received certification in Scrum and ITIL as well as a certificate in the role of an IT Business Analyst. Since graduating the boot camp in May of 2022, I have been hired at Great American Insurance Group as an Associate Business Analyst and I could not be more pleased. If anyone is searching for a training program that will mentor you to your fullest potential, then this program is it! Not to mention my wonderful career coach who has assisted me entirely throughout the camp to form a resume, effective job search, and education in the emotional intelligence within a professional work environment.
  • Nick Workman  User Photo
    Nick Workman • IT Business Analyst Apprentice • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I learned of MAX Technical Training through the Apprenti program (a professional IT apprenticeship placement organization), and I can say without question that this was one of the best experiences of my life. The instructors all bring years of real-world experience, having worked for/consulted with major tech companies around the country. They applied their professional expertise to the course material from start to finish. During this boot camp, I received an introduction to business analysis and project management and sharpened my skills in tools such as Microsoft Excel and SQL. The boot camp also introduced me to technologies utilized by business analysts, including Tableau and PowerBI. Finally, we had the opportunity to develop our interpersonal skills through a series of workshops on emotional intelligence, LinkedIn, and the Gallup Strengths Finder. Throughout the training, the instructors were kind enough to answer any questions I had and would challenge me to apply my knowledge through workshops and homework assignments.

I highly recommend MAX Technical Training to anyone seeking a career in the IT sector. The consistently high level of professionalism among the instructors and the thorough curriculum make this an opportunity you can't pass up.
  • Dawit Zewelday  User Photo
    Dawit Zewelday • Associate Application Analyst and Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Full-time and remotely, I attended and finished the Full Stack bootcamp. Although I was working from home, I felt as if I were in the classroom with the other students and instructor. The learning curve is tough and needs a great deal of effort and dedication, but the mentorship system is fantastic and makes the entire process much easier. Max is really interested in assisting you with your studies as well as your job search. I can't say enough positive things about it and would highly recommend it as a first step into technology and a new life.
  • Steven Lagenour  User Photo
    Steven Lagenour • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Full overview here: https://maxtrain.com/maximum-coding-bootcamp/.

The team at MAX truly cares - they go out of their way to help you succeed.  I personally had some family issues pop and they worked with me to ensure I knew I wasn't alone, we had a game plan, and I wasn't going to fall behind.

What I enjoyed most about learning is the relatable real-world examples provided by the teacher that made "connecting the dots" much easier.  He was also great at navigating the nuances of teaching a class of 14 that learned at different paces.

Alongside technical development, MAX takes a holistic approach and had various guest speakers/trainers to assist us with soft skills, networking, and social media presence.

I'm thankful and happy I chose MAX.
  • Seth  User Photo
    Seth • Graphics Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    They really gave the MAX when it came to teaching this boot camp! We worked hard, busted butts, and pushed to completion! I do feel like we came out with a strong base line understanding of C# and Java both, along with various accompanying languages/formats. We learned over 3 IDEs and our two instructors were the perfect balance.
  • Graduate
    - 3/8/2022
    Parth Patel  User Photo
    Parth Patel • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    MAX technical training is an amazing bootcamp that has a tailored curriculum towards current market demands. The instructor is very knowledgeable and does an amazing job at teaching you the required skills and technology in demand. In about 13 weeks I had gone from not knowing how to program to being able to make my own website, which I did. I made my own portfolio and I made a website for someone else, both are in production and on their own server. After graduation the career coach did an amazing job at coaching me on how to make my resume stand out. From key words that companies use in their search software to resume structure, she knew it all. After years of helping people find jobs she also helped me find mine. From day one to the day I got my offer, MAX held my hand the whole way through. Being at MAX everyday felt like having a family away from home, everyday it was always welcoming and I was eager to go. I am glad that I decided to pursue the boot camp path instead of the college path.
  • Charles Ford  User Photo
    Charles Ford • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Full-Stack Dual Language (.NET and Java) Software Development Bootcamp
  • Lashonda Miller  User Photo
    Lashonda Miller • Software Engineer Apprentice • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I really loved it here, everyone was professional and my career took off after going here through Apprenti. Now everything I do on the job, I understand what's happening, because I've seen it before in the boot camp.
  • Joel Lleonart  User Photo
    Joel Lleonart • RPA Developer • Verified via LinkedIn
    My overall experience at MAX was awesome!  I learned an incredible amount of information in a short period of time.  Most of that is due to our instructor Greg.  Greg is a top notch instructor who is patient and truly cares about his students understanding of the material.  The career services are also top notch.  Annette prepared us in interviewing, LinkedIn profiles, resumes, and identifying our top skills to make us marketable to employers.  Last but not least is the support staff.  They too provide a premium level of service.  Everyone who works at MAX wants you to succeed and they put you in the best position to do that.  I am a career changer who was looking for a new challenge and I was able to land a job offer within 6 weeks.  I am off to start my new journey and could not have done it without MAX.