max-technical-training-logo

MAX Technical Training

Cincinnati

MAX Technical Training

MAX Career Bootcamps offers Coding (full-time 13 weeks or part-time 25 weeks), Data Analytics (6 weeks), and Business Analyst (9 weeks) programs that can be completed in-person in Cincinnati, Ohio or live online. Class size is limited to 16 to ensure bootcamp students receive increased support from instructors.

The Coding bootcamp offers a Java and C#/.NET core curriculum. Students train in technologies, such as SQL, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, Angular and Scrum. From day one, students put their training to use and independently code on a capstone project. The coding bootcamp will culminate with a Demo Day with MAX’s hiring partners where students will present their functional Enterprise Business Application.

The Data Analytics bootcamp gives students a clear understanding and total immersion into all the facets of the data analyst role. The bootcamp covers analyzing and presenting data, advanced functions and data forecasting, data analysis and visualization with Excel, and understanding Agile and Scrum. The curriculum also covers SQL, Tableau, and Microsoft BI.

In the Business Analyst bootcamp, students learn how to analyze and present data, data modeling, business process modeling, project management, Scrum, and writing user stories and use cases. The curriculum includes Power BI, SQL, Microsoft SharePoint, Tableau, and XML. Students will also receive an introduction to web development and gain a foundation in ITIL®.

MAX bootcamps go beyond the technology by developing a student’s emotional intelligence, professional acumen, and establishing their personal brand. Students work their way from resume-building to interview whiteboarding. MAX alumni come back for their career lifecycle training. MAX encourages students to continue their career training and the MAX team can help design a successful path for their career.

All are welcome to apply for the MAX bootcamps. To be accepted into a bootcamp, an applicant must complete a general assessment, an interview with a MAX advisor, and bootcamp registration forms. Anyone interested in enrolling in a MAX bootcamp is encouraged to take our mini assessment on-line, call our success specialist or attend a  MAX Bootcamp Breakdown event to meet a Success Specialist, Career Coach, Instructors, Alumni, and MAX hiring partners.

The bootcamps were created by MAX Technical Training, a Cincinnati-based training organization and a trusted training partner to Fortune 1000 companies worldwide. MAX Technical Training has been delivering IT education since 1998. MAX Technical Training has passed a thorough and rigorous review in order to be approved by the Ohio state board of career colleges and schools.

MAX Technical Training was formerly called Cincy Code IT.

Recent MAX Technical Training Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (57) reviews for MAX Technical Training →

Recent MAX Technical Training News

• MAXIMUM Coding Bootcamp JAVA and .NET/C# Coding Bootcamp

Start Date September 14, 2021
    LocationCincinnati
    The MAXIMUM Coding & Career Bootcamp is your direct path to a career in IT. Our MAXimum coding bootcamp is a multi-language, accelerated, full-stack, 13-week coding experience. It is the only JAVA and C#(.NET) bootcamp in the Midwest region. Work your way from the database to user interface and gain the experience you need to confidently land a career as a Software Developer. The MAXimum Coding & Career Bootcamp is a custom-designed curriculum developed by MAX Senior Instructors and Consultants. The program curriculum is packed with all the technologies listed below. Since our curriculum is not “out-of-the-box” we adapt new methods, technology, and field relevant knowledge from our partners. In the MAXimum Bootcamp, you will learn how to shift your knowledge base to include a second language. With more than 30+ years of experience each, our instructors will guide you through multi-language instruction that gives you the capability to code in both JAVA and C#(.NET). Our hiring partners have expressed positive interest in Developers that show they can understand multiple languages. In the MAXimum Coding Bootcamp you use all of the following technologies: • Git / GitHub • SQL Database • C#.Net & Java • EF / MVC / WebAPI • Spring Framework • Scrum • Hosting • HTML / CSS/ Bootstrap • JavaScript / jQuery • Angular / Typescript • Cloud • Capstone Project • Career Preparation and Services
    Deposit$125 Application Fee (non-refundable)
    MAX partners with Government, State, County, and community groups with funding resources available to reduce out-of-pocket costs for the bootcamp. We also accept the GI Bill toward.

Financing available through Ascent

Local workforce grants

Apply for Veterans Benefits

Click to learn more about our funding solutions.
    Tuition Plans$7,750 due on day 1 of the bootcamp, $7,750 due in week 7 of the bootcamp.
    ScholarshipScholarships are available for Veterans and Women in IT.
    Minimum Skill LevelHigh school diploma. No previous IT experience required.
    Prep WorkWe recommend Free Code Camp and Code.ORG to our students prior to the bootcamp, but no official prep work is required.
    September 14, 2021 - Cincinnati Apply by September 07, 2021
    February 08, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by February 01, 2022
  • Part-Time Java Developer Bootcamp

Start Date August 23, 2021
    LocationCincinnati
    The Part-time Coding & Career Bootcamp is a custom-designed curriculum developed by MAX Senior Instructors and Consultants. The program curriculum is packed with all the technologies listed below. Since our curriculum is not “out-of-the-box”, we adapt new methods, technology, and mix in field relevant knowledge from our partners. This is the only lifestyle fitting Coding Bootcamp in the Midwest region that can be attended virtually and part-time.   In the Part-time Coding Bootcamp you use all of the following technologies: Git/GitHub MySQL Java, JUnit, TDD ORM / Spring / JPA C# Scrum HTML/CSS/Bootstrap JavaScript, jQuery TS / Angular Career Projects The Part-Time program runs a little over 25 weeks with a class meeting on Monday / Wednesday from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am – 4:30 pm. For more detailed information and to apply, visit https://maxtrain.com/career/ or call 513-322-8888.
    Deposit$125 Application Fee (non-refundable)
    MAX partners with Government, State, County, and community groups with funding resources available to reduce out-of-pocket costs for the bootcamp. We also accept the GI Bill towards our career bootcamps. Call us about finding a financial solution to help with your bootcamp costs.

Financing available through Ascent

Local workforce grants

Apply for Veterans Benefits

Click to learn more about our funding solutions.
    ScholarshipScholarships are available for Veterans and Women in IT.
    Minimum Skill LevelBeginner. No previous IT experience required.
    August 23, 2021 - Cincinnati Apply by August 16, 2021
  • Java Developer
    - 4/8/2021
    Ron Gerlach  User Photo
    Ron Gerlach • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had been wanting to attend the MAX Java bootcamp for years, but my work schedule never allowed it. Once they opened the part-time virtual bootcamp, the decision to attend was a no-brainer. The pace and flow of the course was ideal, the instructors were thorough, but understanding and make sure that everyone was on the same page as we moved through. Job assistance was invaluable, and continues long after the class has graduated. I'm SO very glad I went through the course, and would recommend it to anyone!
  • Marianne  User Photo
    Marianne • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Max Technical Training changed my life.  I attended the .Net boot camp with a learning disability.  The instructors and administrative staff went out of their way to accommodate me and make me comfortable.  They care about each and every student and go the distance to ensure that they are successful!  The career placement program is top notch and helps each student to find the employer that is the right fit for them.
  • Mitchell Combs  User Photo
    Mitchell Combs • Controls software engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    To preface, I'm writing this review from the perspective of a military veteran transitioning into the civilian technical work force.

I served in the military from 2011 - 2017 as a satellite communications technician. When I transitioned from the military to civilian life in 2017, I had committed myself to staying in the field of information technology and computer science. Prior to separating, I had no form of higher education, no college credit hours, and no solid plan for how I would make an entry into the civilian workforce. All I had was a dream and government funding in the form of the G.I. Bill. I found myself debating between two options; take the college plunge and spend the next 4 years earning a degree in hopes that it lands me a job, or attend a technical school specifically oriented to the field I was looking to find a place in. I decided college wasn't for me and ultimately I ended up enrolling in a .Net full stack development boot camp at MAX Technical Training. The boot camp was the best decision I could have ever made. It gave me all of the necessary skills and knowledge to be a competitive candidate in a field that I had a strong passion for. I can't thank the MAX staff and faculty enough for the opportunities that they have afforded me. However, the benefits that MAX Technical Training offer doesn't end at knowledge and skill. Once you graduate, the staff go above and beyond to help you find job opportunities and to give you the best possible chance at finding a position that you will no doubt be thrilled to fill. 5 stars is simply not enough for me to express how truly happy I am that I went with MAX Tech. I can not recommend them enough, particularly to veterans looking to make their way into the civilian technical workforce.
  • Java Bootcamp
    - 1/29/2020
    Erin  User Photo
    Erin • Product Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I had zero prior coding experience before attending the Java Bootcamp at MAX. I had registered at another local bootcamp and decided to change my enrollment to attend MAX after speaking to Greg at a open house. It was obvious to me how passionate he was about teaching and coding and gave me the confidence I needed to make my career change.

As a former career teacher myself, I found Sean's instruction to be phenomenal. On top of being an expert developer, Sean really knows HOW to teach and guide each individual student in the class. His passion and dedication inspired me when the going got tough. I landed at my new job two days after graduation with only 11 weeks of coding experience!

If you are comparing local bootcamps, definitely attend an open house at MAX before making a final decision...I did after I thought I had made mine!

• Great program
    - 11/7/2019
    Jeremy  User Photo
    Jeremy • Verified via LinkedIn
    Entered this program with pretty much zero experience coding, and three months later I've got a job placement as a developer. Phenomenal program and staff. I really enjoyed my time at MAX and would recommend it to anyone looking to take a similar path. It is fast paced and there's a lot to learn, but it's a good thing.
  • Java developer
    - 10/25/2019
    amber  User Photo
    amber • Java developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Overall, good experience. I was apart of the Apprenti program, we were the first cohort, so it was a learning curve for all.

They now have an Apprenti only class, which was a good move

Annette was awesome. She really knows her stuff and goes out of her way and makes sure that everyone lands that job they are looking for.

Sean was great at getting the class to really grow as friends.

My biggest piece of advice:

I had zero, i mean absolutely zero background in coding. They advertise as that's okay. However, when you're in class sitting next to someone who has been coding for years, it's intimidating. Not only that-- but of course, the instructors want to teach to them and move on, instead of spending more time on the basics. If that's always going to be the case, separate classes based on coding experience that way everyone can get the attention and education they need.

• .NET Boot camp
    - 7/5/2019
    Ken   User Photo
    Ken • Application Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Life changing.

My entire career was opened up to me after just eleven weeks at MAX. Going from making 25,000 a year working seven day weeks 12 hours a day for months without a day off. To working for a fortune 500 company making 55,000 getting weekends off, great benefits, and amazing job security.

I owe MAX a lot turning my career around. I recommend the boot camp to anyone who has ever even thought about becoming a programmer.

• Java boot camp
    - 5/14/2019
    Sheila  User Photo
    Sheila • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I completed the Max Technical Training boot camp in Fall 2018. I choose Max for several reasons:

• Experienced instructors who update the curriculum each boot camp to stay current on tech.
    • Ability to gain experience working on the full stack of software development
    • Cost
    • Convenience (for me)
    • Its long-standing presence in the tech community.
    • Career support for landing a job in the tech space.

Local boot camps all have career counselors that work with recruiting companies, the need for developers is so great. Though, finding a entry-level software developer position is tough without prior experience.

It took me four months to land my first software developer job with the support of the career counselor Max Technical Training.

Response From: Dustin Miller of MAX Technical Training
    Title: Success Specialist
    Thursday, Nov 07 2019
    Our team stays with you throughout the entirety of the hiring process.  Our Career Advisors are here to help you reach employers and make the most of your opportunities.  Thank you for your review.

Sincerely,

MAX Team
  • Lance Mendenhall  User Photo
    Lance Mendenhall • full stack Java developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had worked in radio most of my life. I found myself unemployed, unsure what to do next. I decided to attend MAX's full-stack Java bootcamp. It was one of the best decisions of my life.

The instructors at MAX were very knowledgeable and personable. They were always willing to help anyone understand any topics that were causing them problems. Their dedication certainly extended well beyond the classroom.

Their staff was relentless in connecting us with potential employers. They wanted to make sure that everyone got a job.

I will also make it clear - it was a lot of work. But, it got me a job. I now work as a full-stack Java developer making more money than I have ever made in my life. The world of radio will just have to get along without me.

I am very glad I made the decision to attend MAX.

- 3/12/2019
    Rajiv Giri  User Photo
    Rajiv Giri • Technical Consultant • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Cincy Code IT/MAX Technical Training is a great place to learn coding. The whole staff is awesome, knowledgeable, fun, energetic and want you to succeed. The program is well setup and always adapting to get better. I attended Java bootcamp in 2017 and really enjoyed the program. The small class structure is really helpful to get you over the many hump, hurdles you will encounter. You will learn to work in pairs or group and learn how to code effectively.

If you are looking for a change into the IT field, or need new skills, this is a great program and I highly  recommend it.

• Lisa G.  User Photo
    Lisa G. • Integration Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Last year, Oct 2017, I decided to make a career change after 10 years as a business analyst in healthcare. I had prior experience as an Oracle developer as well.  I knew I wanted to not only get back into programming, but also to
    learn full-stack Java development, to be more well-rounded as a developer. I found the Java Developer Full-Stack Bootcamp offered by Cincy Code IT at MAX Technical Training.  I knew I probably would have to quit my job to take the bootcamp, which was a huge decision to leave a good paying job! Turned out, I was able to work parttime evenings and weekends at my then-current job, and still take the bootcamp during the day. This made for very long days because the in-class learning, assignments and exercises were quite intense.  For me, the hands-on learning was the best part, plus having the ability to ask questions of the instructors.  And, I am very glad that I decided to take the
    bootcamp! I recommend that you stay on top of the reading (chapter a day), read ahead if possible. Do all, or as many of the book and in class exercises, as possible. And keep asking questions until you get it!

Speaking of instructors, my instructor for Java was Sean Blessing. Sean provided great insights into what it was like to be a Java developer, plus as a hiring manager, such as what he looked for when he hired a developer. He
    genuinely cared for his students, and was available for extra help if needed.  Also, Greg Doud was our instructor for the front-end technologies, such as HTML and Angular.  Greg was also very interested in helping students
    understand the concepts; plus he kept us on our toes with the daily assignments.

After graduation from the bootcamp, I left my previous job and took a new position as an integration developer with a new company. This was due in large part to the help and recommendations from Lisa Slutsky and Dave Dziak. Both
    Lisa and Dave helped prepare me for the interview process. Also, the last several weeks of the bootcamp, Lisa thoroughly prepared students for landing an IT position, such as resume writing help, learning how to build your social
    media presence, and networking.  Lisa offered great encouragement and was available for any questions I had about the position and company for the interview.

I definitely recommend Cincy Code IT and the Java bootcamp. It was a great experience for me! Good luck!

• Michael Buchanan  User Photo
    Michael Buchanan • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

If you are looking for a shortcut to the traditional four-year college degree to get into software development then this is the class for you. I chose to switch careers from law to software development because there is ample opportunity in the software field and the .Net Boot Camp at Max/Cincy Code IT was definitely the way to go. The course teaches you the basics and fundamentals of a score of cutting-edge tools and languages and will springboard you into a software development career path in a much faster and, more importantly, much cheaper way than a traditional four-year degree.

Don't let the cost of the boot camp scare you off as this was one of the best cost/benefit decisions I've made in my entire life. After switching from a career in law to a career in software development I bumped up my annual salary by 50% and scored great benefits!

From start to finish the class, staff, and school was top rate. The instructor, Greg Doud, has over 30 years in the business and is always available as needed for both programming and career advice. Additionally, the career advisor/coach, Lisa Slutsky, has thousands of contacts in the greater Cincinnati area and was amazing during everyone's job search after the class was over.

The course and staff are five-star all the way. If you are weighing which school in the area to go to then you can't go wrong choosing Max/Cincy Code IT boot camps! Their connections and reputation, after having been around for over 20 years in the greater Cincinnati area, make them a cut above the rest and WILL help you in maximizing your cost/benefit for the class now and down the road in your career.