codeop-logo

CodeOp

Barcelona, Kuala Lumpur, Online

CodeOp

CodeOp is an international tech school headquartered in Barcelona that offers full-time and part-time tech bootcamps for women, trans and gender non-conforming people in full stack web development, product management, and data analytics. Launched as a social venture by a San Francisco native in 2018, CodeOp is an international team that is passionate about doing meaningful work at the intersection of tech and education.

The Full Stack Development course is for students looking to transition into tech. In the full stack development bootcamp (6 month part-time or 11 weeks full-time), students learn programming fundamentals such as advanced JavaScript, data structures, and algorithms along with technologies like Vue, React.js, Node.js, Express, MySQL, Git, Scrum, and Heroku.

The Data Analytics course is for those with a statistical, technical, or BI background. In the Data Analytics bootcamp students will gain hands-on experience with the various stages of the data analysis pipeline from an industry perspective, specifically how to apply various technologies to ingest, model and visualize data insights.

The 60-hour, live-online Product Management course is for existing product managers who want to upskill, as well as anyone looking to break into tech or change their current role. In the product management course, students learn design principles, how to write user stories, how to collaborate with stakeholders, Agile delivery, and go-to market strategies.

CodeOp only accepts applications from women, trans and gender non-conforming people. Applicants should be prepared to complete a small coding challenge.

The final weeks of both CodeOp’s bootcamp will focus on developing applications from scratch and career preparation activities. Career preparation includes building a portfolio and working with mentors who meet with students on an as-needed basis. Even after the bootcamp ends, bootcamp graduates receive continued career support through regular meetings with career coaches and virtual monthly office hours.

Recent CodeOp Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (14) reviews for CodeOp →

Recent CodeOp News

• Data Analytics

MySQL, Data Analytics , SQL, Python
    OnlineFull Time11 Weeks
    LocationBarcelona, Online
    Students will gain hands-on experience with the various stages of the data analysis pipeline from an industry perspective, specifically how to apply various technologies to ingest, model and visualize data insights. Students will work with relational data as well as more complex data types such as baskets of items, time series, graphs, and geospatial information. By the end of the course, students will have an industry-ready toolbox to support the common problems analytic teams face in business.
    Tuition Plans12 Month Installments Tuition Plan
  • Data Analytics Part-Time

Tuition Plans12 Month Installments Tuition Plan
  • Full Stack Development

MySQL, JavaScript, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Scrum
    LocationKuala Lumpur, Barcelona, Online
    Students will learn programming fundamentals such as advanced JavaScript, data structures, and algorithms along with technologies like Vue, React.js, Node.js, Express, MySQL, Git, Scrum, and Heroku.
    Tuition Plans12 Month Installment Tuition Plan
    ScholarshipLimited partial scholarships up to 50% off tuition available.
  • Full Stack Development Part-Time

MySQL, Git, React.js, Node.js, Scrum, SQL
    OnlinePart Time24 Weeks
    Tuition Plans12 Month Installment Plan
    ScholarshipPartial scholarships of up to 50% off tuition fees.
  • Product Management

Start Date July 1, 2020
    Product management is one of the fastest-growing roles in tech right now with demand for product managers higher than it’s ever been. Product management is a relatively new area in tech, but it’s quickly become one of the most important and intellectually stimulating jobs in the industry. Our course comes straight from the heart of Silicon Valley and is designed to grow the product management skillset of newcomers and existing product managers to help them develop further in the field.
    Tuition Plans3-month instalments
    July 1, 2020 - Online
  • Susan Hirego  User Photo
    Susan Hirego • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I would like to express my gratitude to Katrina Walker for the opportunity accorded to me to attend the Full Stack Web Development bootcamp on scholarship basis. You have changed my life, my perspective on the industry and opened the door for more opportunities for me and the communities i serve in Uganda.

I specifically liked the depth of the course material and the fact that I can always re-watch my classes for reference as I put my skills to practice. The quality of course contents is excellent and well-coordinated, the entire CodeOp community is vey friendly and helpful; the communication and feedback between the leaners, instructors and alumni is timely and excellent!

To my instructors and the CodeOp community; thank you so much!

• Felicia  User Photo
    Felicia • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    CodeOp is so much more than a school. It is an inclusive multicultural community of professional and dedicated people who root for each other and watch each other grow. The CodeOp team is always there to support you and encourage you if the "imposter syndrome" takes over. I started my educational journey through tech right after the pandemic began. The Bootcamp made the quarantine so much more engaging and kept me motivated. If you start with zero coding experience like I did, you might feel a bit lost at first, but everything starts making sense in the project phase when building web applications. Moreover, CodeOp offers comprehensive career guidance vis-à-vis the tech industry's hiring process, which helps to understand better what the job market looks like and what to expect in your technical interview. Thank you for a transformative educational journey, CodeOp.
  • Alba Pons  User Photo
    Alba Pons • Front-End Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Super contenta con la experiencia en CodeOp, es un curso intenso, de 11 semanas, pero muy, muy recomendable. Vale la pena hacer la pre-work que te envían antes de empezar el curso, esto te permitirá no ir tan perdida cuando empieces el curso. El programa es muy completo, intenso, rápido, muy rápido, pero vale mucho la pena, aprendes muchísimo!
    La red de soporte técnico durante todo el curso es espectacular, en todo momento puedes contactar con compañeras y profesores / as para resolver dudas.
    Si tienes ganas de aprender y de trabajar fuerte para conseguir un cambio en tu vida, no lo dudes! :)
  • Life Changing
    - 6/1/2020
    Naijeria Toweett  User Photo
    Naijeria Toweett • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I had been contemplating a transition into tech for a while when I decided to google for a tech bootcamp. I had two challenges – time and money. As a working mother of three there were demands on my time and monthly budget. I had initially dabbled in free online classes; at one point I had even paid for an online course. Juggling work and family and finding time to study, it was very easy to fall behind and not keep to my study schedule. I needed something I would be able to commit to for a period of time - 10 – 12 weeks was manageable and I needed an institution that could provide not only a scholarship but a fee payment plan as well that would not make me overstretch my finances. Code Op checked the two boxes and in addition, the fact that it situated in Barcelona Spain the weather was perfect and the visa process painless: two key considerations if you come from Africa (or maybe it’s just me.)

The curriculum was intense and engaging. In the first 6 weeks, one gets to understand the fundamentals in morning lectures and as well as put into practice new knowledge in the afternoon working on assignments. Monday through to Thursday typically would involve problem solving sessions from 9 – 10, then lectures for about 2 hours and review of the previous days coding assignment then the afternoons would be spend working on coding assignments. Fridays involved, guest sessions and weekly tests to gauge comprehension and application of things you learnt during the week. Week 7 – 10 was fun, the climax in my book of the bootcamp. It was all about putting all we had learned , in the previous weeks, into projects, creating your first minimum viable product (MVP) then adding a feature to a fellow student MVP and lastly the group collabo project, where you had to work with fellow student to create a product from scratch, separate responsibilities in delivering the final project and showcasing your finished work.

During the period of the course, you have one on one sessions with the career coach and networking opportunities.  Week 11, the last week, is career week and you have chance to improve your white-boarding skills, work on your CV and LinkedIn profile and prepare for the real world.

Code Op uses Slack to keep us connected to the lecturers and mentors as well as ourselves as students. Two months after graduation, I am still part of the community and I am also able to be there for new and incoming bootcamp students and still get support in the job search and navigating life after bootcamp. We discuss coding, big up projects but also share cool resources and job links that we may come across… there is even a mouth-watering recipes channel.

Code Op have an open door policy, you are able to access support from the staff when you need it. To be honest , it didn't have to be code related...it is 360 degree wholesome support. The staff is approachable and non judgmental. The fact that a number have transitioned careers and understand the pressure of going through a bootcamp makes the engagement with them meaningful and fulfilling.

CodeOp is housed at Cloud Works co working space, this provides an atmosphere to mingle with a great start up and take part in tech and business networking opportunities.

I recommend CodeOp specially given that it is inclusive and non ageist! I was embraced as a 45 year old , renaissance woman , mother of three. I thrived and I am better for it. …you are never too old! If you are thinking about it - #JustDoIt
  • Alessandra Sampalean  User Photo
    Alessandra Sampalean • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I'm a CodeOp graduate and  happy to be part of this amazing community! The learning experience is as intense as you would expect, but the support is always there :) Besides learning how to code and improve my problem-solving skills,  CodeOp offered me a diverse range of skills for networking. Overall, my Bootcamp experience was much better than I expected!
  • Viktoria Toth  User Photo
    Viktoria Toth • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Recently graduated from CodeOp Full-Stack Development course and I am more than satisfied. The CEO and all the teachers are amazing. I checked out other bootcamps, what they can offer and honestly think CodeOp's curriculum is the best. They offer really good workshops also during the bootcamp. I finished my course remotely because of COVID-19 and they were so well-prepared for the fast change. I highly reccomend the school.
  • Fernanda Arroyo  User Photo
    Fernanda Arroyo • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I'm a current student at Codeop Barcelona, so far the experience has been amazing and they have honestly surpassed my expectations. The support we get is amazing, more than a coding bootcamp I've found a community. Even if my bootcamp is a part-time the professor is always on Slack when I have any doubts about activities, all of the staff is super helpful and friendly, we have coaching sessions and lots of activities outside the curriculum like mentors, access to special material, conferences/meetups among others.

You'll find many coding bootcamps in Barcelona but with Codeop you'll find a community of women that support you doesn't matter in which stage of your professional journey you are. I'm very happy about the bootcamp I choose, couldn't ask for more!

• Emefa  User Photo
    Emefa • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I attended this bootcamp as a launchpad to pivot from a business career into tech, and CodeOp gave me just the rigorous foundation, with the right mix of complexity and support I was looking for. The curriculum focuses on building logic and critical thinking skills, which transcend all frameworks and languages, and this gave me the confidence to tackle problems head-on. Assignments after each lecture in the first 6 weeks helped me build on the newly acquired knowledge, and by the project phase when we were required to build 3 projects, everything started to make a lot more sense! The admin team is also accessible and very responsive to feedback to suit the needs of students so no one feels left behind. Small cohort sizes also build a collaborative spirit and support, and weekly mentorship sessions allowed me to explore the numerous possibilities of a career in tech. At the end of the bootcamp, the adminstration and staff were also very supportive during the job search process and in preparing me for interviews. All in all, I found CodeOp to be a no-judgement zone that fostered the right atmosphere to take this life-changing step.

• Hana  User Photo
    Hana • Graduate Verified via GitHub

From the first day, we dove into Javascript and began problem solving. The curriculum is intense and moves at a quick pace. It only all comes together and you realize how to apply everything that you’ve learned when you start building projects in week 6. I can’t believe that I built what I did! In the end I came out with 3 strong portfolio pieces. The teachers are there to help you develop the software engineer mindset and they care about your success beyond the program.

• Verena S. • Graduate
    I attended the 6 months part-time version of Codeop's Full Stack Development Bootcamp and loved the experience. Working full-time plus attending class and completing the coursework was challenging at times, but the wonderful team at Codeop made me feel supported every step of the way.
    These are some of my personal highlights of the program:
    - small class size: I got to ask all of the many questions I had
    - continued support from instructors, classmates and the amazing Codeop alumni community when I got stuck solving a problem
    - AMAZING staff and instructors who care deeply about the learning journey and career path of each student
    - really relevant preparation for getting started in the tech industry (career talks, mock interviews etc.)
    - focus on problem solving and thinking like a developer
    When the course finished, I was extremely proud of what I had accomplished, but also sad to not come back to class to learn even more the next week.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Codeop to anyone interested in a career change towards tech!
  • Zahra Deen • Full Stack Developer • Graduate
    For me there were many pros but the top 3 are:
    - The whole team is supportive and very active in your learning. You get support not just from the teachers and assistance but mental support from the founder, Katrina. She takes time to get to know each student.
    - There's technical support available from teachers and student alumni through Slack community
    - The career support and preparation was great. They really take you to the basics - the most useful thing they gave advice (for me) was on how to answer the question 'Tell me about yourself'.
  • Daena • Software Engineer • Student
    I loved it so much. Graduating from a bootcamp is a very difficult experience, so much to learn in so little time, yet with CodeOp it's been so much better than expected. Their team is so professional yet so human, so nice, they make you feel like at home and that makes the hard parts way so much better.
    I want to personally thank Katrina for all she's done for me, I'll forever be in debt to you!

If anyone is reading this wondering about which bootcamp to choose, CodeOp is the best option you have out there, and even if you think you can't afford to pay for a bootcamp, contact them, there are so many ways for the bootcamp to be paid only AFTER you get a job as a developer! No kidding!