CodeOp is an international tech school headquartered in Barcelona that offers full-time and part-time tech bootcamps for women, trans and gender non-conforming people in full stack web development, product management, and data analytics. Launched as a social venture by a San Francisco native in 2018, CodeOp is an international team that is passionate about doing meaningful work at the intersection of tech and education.
The Data Analytics course is for those with a statistical, technical, or BI background. In the Data Analytics bootcamp students will gain hands-on experience with the various stages of the data analysis pipeline from an industry perspective, specifically how to apply various technologies to ingest, model and visualize data insights.
The 60-hour, live-online Product Management course is for existing product managers who want to upskill, as well as anyone looking to break into tech or change their current role. In the product management course, students learn design principles, how to write user stories, how to collaborate with stakeholders, Agile delivery, and go-to market strategies.
CodeOp only accepts applications from women, trans and gender non-conforming people. Applicants should be prepared to complete a small coding challenge.
The final weeks of both CodeOp’s bootcamp will focus on developing applications from scratch and career preparation activities. Career preparation includes building a portfolio and working with mentors who meet with students on an as-needed basis. Even after the bootcamp ends, bootcamp graduates receive continued career support through regular meetings with career coaches and virtual monthly office hours.
Recent CodeOp Reviews: Rating 4.95
Recent CodeOp News
- From Dentist to Developer: How Beth Switched Careers with CodeOp
- 8 Coding Bootcamps for Women
- September 2019 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost €5,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineStudents will gain hands-on experience with the various stages of the data analysis pipeline from an industry perspective, specifically how to apply various technologies to ingest, model and visualize data insights. Students will work with relational data as well as more complex data types such as baskets of items, time series, graphs, and geospatial information. By the end of the course, students will have an industry-ready toolbox to support the common problems analytic teams face in business.
Deposit 600 EUR Tuition Plans 12 Month Installments Tuition Plan
Deposit €600 Tuition Plans 12 Month Installment Tuition Plan Scholarship Limited partial scholarships up to 50% off tuition available.
Deposit 600 EUR Tuition Plans 12 Month Installment Plan Scholarship Partial scholarships of up to 50% off tuition fees.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
- OnlinePart Time4 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date July 01, 2020 Cost €1,800 Class size N/A Location OnlineProduct management is one of the fastest-growing roles in tech right now with demand for product managers higher than it’s ever been. Product management is a relatively new area in tech, but it’s quickly become one of the most important and intellectually stimulating jobs in the industry. Our course comes straight from the heart of Silicon Valley and is designed to grow the product management skillset of newcomers and existing product managers to help them develop further in the field.
Deposit €300 Tuition Plans 3-month instalments
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test Yes Interview Yes
More Start DatesJuly 01, 2020 - Online
19 reviews sorted by:
- The best Bootcamp- 8/12/2022Maria Fabiana Quiles • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Development (Full-time) • Campus: Barcelona • Verified via LinkedInHELLO! CodeOp graduated here! This Bootcamp is one of the best decision I've made. I'm from Venezuela but took the course in Barcelona. It was 3 months of INTENSE learning process. The community is the best and also the other students were amazing! If you are looking for an express way to improve your skills in TI, full stack development and programming in general you should come aboard! This has changed my game forever! It's pretty cool, I hope people have the possibility to get into it!
- Charlotte • Student • Course: Full Stack Development (Full-time) • Campus: Barcelona • Verified via GitHubI studied Computer Science in my bachelor's degree where we had an introduction to coding with Java and object-oriented programming but never got into it and felt very alienated and inadequate in the very male-dominated university setting where most of the other students had previous coding experience. I had almost given up on coding and a career in Tech when I found Codeop, looking for a Bootcamp specifically for women. My experience from the beginning was very positive, everyone was really warm and friendly.
For me the practical approach was a much better fit than the theoretical one at university, I went in thinking it would be very challenging and overwhelming but I didn't expect to find so much joy in coding. It was a truly transformative experience, not only giving me a lot of technical skills but also friendships, better self-confidence and a sense of belonging in this tech world. I came to Barcelona only for the Bootcamp, so it was great to meet people in school. The team made sure that we felt welcome, activities after school were organised so we really grew together as a group in class.
Career week was great preparation for the job search because I already had my CV ready when I finished the Bootcamp, I could immediately start applying. We could always reach out to the career coach to get feedback for cover letters and salary negotiations which was very useful for me as it was my first time applying to a job after university. While it was probably beneficiary to be able to put my computer science degree on my CV, I feel like all the skills I'm actually able to use in a job I learned during the Bootcamp.
So I highly recommend people from all backgrounds to apply, the Bootcamp at CodeOp is such a fun introduction in a safe space to coding.
- Incredibly Supportive Community- 3/9/2021Lillian Toh • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Development (Full-time) • Campus: Kuala Lumpur • Verified via GitHubI've attended a full stack development bootcamp with CodeOp Techsprint in the Kuala Lumpur campus. Two weeks after graduation, I've managed to secure a software engineering internship due to the job support they have provided post-bootcamp. The instructor and staff are genuinely encouraging in the students' learning and progress. I would highly recommend CodeOp to anyone!
- Rosanne • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Development (Full-time) • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI did quite a bit of research before choosing a bootcamp — read many reviews, spoke to alumni and visited the campuses of almost every bootcamp in Barcelona, but CodeOp really stood out to me. Everyone I met was so welcoming, transparent and, most of all, passionate about what they were doing. I decided to join the full stack bootcamp in September and I couldn't be happier with my decision. I went in with some basic programming skills and a lot of doubt and left with a solid foundation in modern web technologies and 2 job offers within 2 months after the bootcamp.
The way CodeOp has supported me (and still continues to support me) has been amazing. There was genuine interest and attention to our well-being all throughout the bootcamp. The teachers are very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and patient. I always felt comfortable asking questions and making mistakes. And even though it was remote, there was constant communication and they managed to make us feel part of the community from a distance.
The curriculum is very well thought out and constantly adapted to stay up to date with the latest technologies. It starts with the basics and if you already have some coding experience, the first week will be easy, but the pace picks up fast. What I really loved was their personal approach. If you want to be challenged, you can get more difficult assignments. If you're struggling with a certain topic, you'll get more 1 on 1 support. During the project phase, you can even request additional lectures based on your interests and needs for your personal projects. This really allows you to grow as much as you want.
If you're doubting (like I did) whether it's really possible to change your career and become a developer after a bootcamp — it is. But it's not magic! It requires a lot of hard work, long days and focus. A bootcamp is just one step on your path to becoming a developer. You have to be prepared and continue learning afterwards. But if you give it your all, those 3 months can really be life-changing. And CodeOp will be there to support you every step of the way.
- Amazing experience!- 12/11/2020Samantha • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Development (Full-time) • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI finished the full time Full Stack Development course so weeks ago and cannot be happier with the experience. The curriculum is extremely good, and still we learnt so many more extra things than the expected ones! The instructors are simply awesome, their enthusiasm is contagious and you can feel how much they love coding, which makes the classes and the learning experience so much more enjoyable.
The projects, lectures and activities are all very well thought and the white boarding practice, coding challenges, and career week were all extremely useful.
I loved how much I learn and how I have felt confident coding on my own and building stuff since the bootcamp ended, but most importantly I loved how great of a community CodeOp is. I always felt like I was in a safe space, fully supported by the staff and like each one of us mattered and was capable of doing great things.
I would (and will) recommend this bootcamp to anyone since it was really a life changing experience!
- Life changing experience!- 11/26/2020Susan Hirego • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Development (Part-time) • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI would like to express my gratitude to Katrina Walker for the opportunity accorded to me to attend the Full Stack Web Development bootcamp on scholarship basis. You have changed my life, my perspective on the industry and opened the door for more opportunities for me and the communities i serve in Uganda.
I specifically liked the depth of the course material and the fact that I can always re-watch my classes for reference as I put my skills to practice. The quality of course contents is excellent and well-coordinated, the entire CodeOp community is vey friendly and helpful; the communication and feedback between the leaners, instructors and alumni is timely and excellent!
To my instructors and the CodeOp community; thank you so much!
- Felicia • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Development (Part-time) • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInCodeOp is so much more than a school. It is an inclusive multicultural community of professional and dedicated people who root for each other and watch each other grow. The CodeOp team is always there to support you and encourage you if the "imposter syndrome" takes over. I started my educational journey through tech right after the pandemic began. The Bootcamp made the quarantine so much more engaging and kept me motivated. If you start with zero coding experience like I did, you might feel a bit lost at first, but everything starts making sense in the project phase when building web applications. Moreover, CodeOp offers comprehensive career guidance vis-à-vis the tech industry's hiring process, which helps to understand better what the job market looks like and what to expect in your technical interview. Thank you for a transformative educational journey, CodeOp.
- Una gran experiencia!- 7/22/2020Alba Pons • Front-End Developer • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Development (Full-time) • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSuper contenta con la experiencia en CodeOp, es un curso intenso, de 11 semanas, pero muy, muy recomendable. Vale la pena hacer la pre-work que te envían antes de empezar el curso, esto te permitirá no ir tan perdida cuando empieces el curso. El programa es muy completo, intenso, rápido, muy rápido, pero vale mucho la pena, aprendes muchísimo!
La red de soporte técnico durante todo el curso es espectacular, en todo momento puedes contactar con compañeras y profesores / as para resolver dudas.
Si tienes ganas de aprender y de trabajar fuerte para conseguir un cambio en tu vida, no lo dudes! :)
- Life Changing- 6/1/2020Naijeria Toweett • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Development (Full-time) • Campus: Barcelona • Verified via GitHubI had been contemplating a transition into tech for a while when I decided to google for a tech bootcamp. I had two challenges – time and money. As a working mother of three there were demands on my time and monthly budget. I had initially dabbled in free online classes; at one point I had even paid for an online course. Juggling work and family and finding time to study, it was very easy to fall behind and not keep to my study schedule. I needed something I would be able to commit to for a period of time - 10 – 12 weeks was manageable and I needed an institution that could provide not only a scholarship but a fee payment plan as well that would not make me overstretch my finances. Code Op checked the two boxes and in addition, the fact that it situated in Barcelona Spain the weather was perfect and the visa process painless: two key considerations if you come from Africa (or maybe it’s just me.)The curriculum was intense and engaging. In the first 6 weeks, one gets to understand the fundamentals in morning lectures and as well as put into practice new knowledge in the afternoon working on assignments. Monday through to Thursday typically would involve problem solving sessions from 9 – 10, then lectures for about 2 hours and review of the previous days coding assignment then the afternoons would be spend working on coding assignments. Fridays involved, guest sessions and weekly tests to gauge comprehension and application of things you learnt during the week. Week 7 – 10 was fun, the climax in my book of the bootcamp. It was all about putting all we had learned , in the previous weeks, into projects, creating your first minimum viable product (MVP) then adding a feature to a fellow student MVP and lastly the group collabo project, where you had to work with fellow student to create a product from scratch, separate responsibilities in delivering the final project and showcasing your finished work.During the period of the course, you have one on one sessions with the career coach and networking opportunities. Week 11, the last week, is career week and you have chance to improve your white-boarding skills, work on your CV and LinkedIn profile and prepare for the real world.Code Op uses Slack to keep us connected to the lecturers and mentors as well as ourselves as students. Two months after graduation, I am still part of the community and I am also able to be there for new and incoming bootcamp students and still get support in the job search and navigating life after bootcamp. We discuss coding, big up projects but also share cool resources and job links that we may come across… there is even a mouth-watering recipes channel.Code Op have an open door policy, you are able to access support from the staff when you need it. To be honest , it didn't have to be code related...it is 360 degree wholesome support. The staff is approachable and non judgmental. The fact that a number have transitioned careers and understand the pressure of going through a bootcamp makes the engagement with them meaningful and fulfilling.CodeOp is housed at Cloud Works co working space, this provides an atmosphere to mingle with a great start up and take part in tech and business networking opportunities.
I recommend CodeOp specially given that it is inclusive and non ageist! I was embraced as a 45 year old , renaissance woman , mother of three. I thrived and I am better for it. …you are never too old! If you are thinking about it - #JustDoIt
- Great Bootcamp and tech community!- 3/31/2020Alessandra Sampalean • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Development (Full-time) • Campus: Barcelona • Verified via GitHubI'm a CodeOp graduate and happy to be part of this amazing community! The learning experience is as intense as you would expect, but the support is always there :) Besides learning how to code and improve my problem-solving skills, CodeOp offered me a diverse range of skills for networking. Overall, my Bootcamp experience was much better than I expected!
- Best bootcamp in Barcelona!- 3/30/2020Viktoria Toth • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Development (Full-time) • Campus: Barcelona • Verified via LinkedInRecently graduated from CodeOp Full-Stack Development course and I am more than satisfied. The CEO and all the teachers are amazing. I checked out other bootcamps, what they can offer and honestly think CodeOp's curriculum is the best. They offer really good workshops also during the bootcamp. I finished my course remotely because of COVID-19 and they were so well-prepared for the fast change. I highly reccomend the school.
- More than a bootcamp!- 11/29/2019Fernanda Arroyo • Student • Course: Full Stack Development (Full-time) • Campus: Barcelona • Verified via LinkedIn
I'm a current student at Codeop Barcelona, so far the experience has been amazing and they have honestly surpassed my expectations. The support we get is amazing, more than a coding bootcamp I've found a community. Even if my bootcamp is a part-time the professor is always on Slack when I have any doubts about activities, all of the staff is super helpful and friendly, we have coaching sessions and lots of activities outside the curriculum like mentors, access to special material, conferences/meetups among others.
You'll find many coding bootcamps in Barcelona but with Codeop you'll find a community of women that support you doesn't matter in which stage of your professional journey you are. I'm very happy about the bootcamp I choose, couldn't ask for more!