careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (1262) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Digital Marketing Program

Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a digital marketer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two marketing professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics and finish as an expert in digital marketing with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews. With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our Digital Marketing Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.
    Climb Credit, Ascent Funding
    Refund / Guarantee14 days
    Minimum Skill LevelNo marketing experience is required.
    Prep WorkNo prep work is required.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design course
    - 10/18/2021
    The course was really well done and well organize. Great content and great people. To do it was one of my best decisions.
    It's been almost three months since I started the UX design course and I cannot find a reason not recommending it.
    I am in constant communication with my tutor and I have weekly meetings with my Mentor. Both of them send me a lot of additional resources to read and advice on how to improve my work.
    Another thing I love about this course is the flexibility that I have to read and do assignments whenever I have time.

This is the best learning experience that I had in my life. People at CareerFoundry are extremely friendly and are always there to help you with whatever questions or problems you could have.

This changed my vision about learning.
    5* and hand down.
  • great boot camp
    - 9/16/2021
    I am currently taking the full stack web development course at CareerFoundry. It has been very challenging, but also exciting, as I gradually figure out how everything works, having come into this with almost no coding experience. My mentor at CareerFoundry has been very supportive, encouraging, and helpful.
    I started the course of Data Analytics in Career Foundry in March 2021.
    Until now I learned several important tools, such as SQL, EXCEL, PYTHON, TABLEAU. But in all of them I have the impression that the content is not deep enough to make me feel comfortable and confident for a job application.
    Despite that, I can assure that the professionals behind the course are great.
  • UX Design
    - 8/27/2021
    Anonymous • Student • Student
    UX Design Immersion Course and UI Specialization - overall the course provides a general and basic background of UX, but does not seem to provide enough foundational information that is necessary.  Example is they touch on "accessibility" but have 1 paragraph on it during the actual coursework and most of the info I had to google and learn elsewhere.  The tutors are OK and seem to have a pre-determined cut and paste response format that is provided to them on how they respond to your tasks.  I had to switch mentors due to scheduling issues and both are so-so at best.  A lot of the course work and studies is the effort you put in to do the extra learning outside of the base of what's provided.  They keep telling you to use the slack channel and to reach out to student advisors, but the student advisor question submit is responded by bots and isn't helpful when you just want to reach out to someone about your personal case.  The delay in response could be due to the time difference between the US and Germany, but I definitely do not like the slack format as it is chaotic to follow.
  • UX Design Course
    - 8/25/2021
    I have started to UX Design Program. It is not even my second month yet but I have learned a lot. My favorite part of it is its flexibility and how my mentor and tutor are always there to help with any question in my mind. It is a career path that is designed just for us so I would suggest it to anyone who is interested.
  • Anonymous • UX Designer • Student
    I was given a learning envelope that allows me to study in peace because I have all the resources to enjoy the process, persevere and succeed.
  • Anonymous • Graphic Designer • Student
    Super focused career-building course, teaching the things that actually work. With help from a tutor, a mentor, and several student advisors, an answer is only ever a message and just a few hours away. The structure and tools to keep up with the course at your own pace really support a self-learn experience that can be done even while working a full-time job.
    I'm halfway through the UX Design course and am learning a lot. Prior to the course, I had a small amount knowledge of UX Design through my past job and this course has helped me understand it much more, particularly with the tools we used in User Research, so I can see how it can be applied to a real-life UX role. I like the structure and consistent pace of the course as well as working on the project. My tutor and mentor respond to me in good time and I find the mentor sessions valuable, encouraging and supportive.

I'd really recommend it particularly if you can put all your efforts into it. I'm currently working full-time as well as studying and have found it challenging but it's completely doable if you're very focused and keep the balance.
    I am a little over halfway through the CareerFoundry UX Immersion course and am enjoying it. The course provides a great foundation on which to build. Like any remote, self-paced program, you will get out of it exactly what you put into it. I am enjoying taking the time to learn different programs, working through the frustrations of growth, and figuring it out. They are definitely not going to do it for you which is as it should be! The tutors and mentors are great resources and be prepared to prepare and ask a lot of questions.
  • UX Design
    - 8/9/2021
    I started my UX/UI design classes  with career foundry and I am glad I did, I am learning a lot and we have a wonderful support throughout the Courses. I am only steps away from getting my certificate and looking forward for new dream and new career. Even though I did not have any tech background but the UX Design course with career foundry is designed to teach you right from the very beginning and it is flexible paced program. I also enjoyed a great and helpful tutor and mentor that are their to help me and guide me throughout the course and motivate me when needed.