careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (1203) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Digital Marketing Program

Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a digital marketer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two marketing professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics and finish as an expert in digital marketing with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews. With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our Digital Marketing Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.
    Climb Credit, Ascent Funding
    Refund / Guarantee14 days
    Minimum Skill LevelNo marketing experience is required.
    Prep WorkNo prep work is required.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
    Prep WorkNone required
    The best part of the UX Design Program with CareerFoundry (and what made me choose them), is that you can choose your own pace. You have a deadline, true, but it´s established doing the minimum weekly hours of study.

Also important is that you spend all the time during your program working on practical projects. So yes, there is a lot to read and digest,  but putting everything automatically into practice makes it much more dynamic. Not only that, you are building your portfolio from the very first day.

They offer support through a Tutor and a Mentor during the whole Program, which is amazing to avoid the feeling of being "alone" the whole way. They can answer your questions and give you a hand when you get stuck. The only thing to mention here is that I have seen different kinds or levels of support and commitment between Tutors/Mentors of different students. This human difference can create as well a big difference in the experience that each student has through the program. However, the Bootcamp has an Advisor Team that is available for issues like this.

The overall experience for a person that has no previous knowledge in the field is quite positive. Sometimes the content of each lesson could be polished to be more consistent in between the different steps of the lessons, or even through the progress of the personal project, but I am aware that they are constantly improving it.

A more than positive experience!

Career Foundry has given me the skills and confidence I need to change careers. I’m excited to become a UX designer with the help of Career Foundry!
  • So happy
    - 5/19/2021
    I took a chance on this course after thinking about changing careers for so long.  Before making my decision I spoke to a representative from Career Foundry and an online school in my area in Colorado. Career Foundry offered more flexibility, they were approachable, and have been so caring during my course.  I feel they look out for their students throughout the course. I really enjoy getting feedback from my tutor and mentor because they know what is needed from students in the industry and are on top of UI trends.
  • UX
    - 5/19/2021
    A very good course with a project-based learning approach, with tutors and mentors on a 1-to-1 basis. And a great community of peers to stay motivated and get help.
    As someone working in the UX design field, I wanted to expand my skill set and learn more about UI (I already had some fundamental knowledge, but wanted a more of a deep-dive experience). The course gave me exactly what I expected. I also received a lot of feedback and support from my mentor and tutor -- this was extremely valuable for me!
    Since I wasn’t looking for a job, I didn’t take advantage of the career support offered on the course, but have no doubt that if I had, it would have been as great as all the other services offered.
    The UX Design Program with CareerFoundry allowed me to successfully transition into the UX design field without any prior knowledge on UX.
    I’ve studied and worked in the data science field for many years before I decided that I want to change my career path where my creative and visual aspirations could be met. The career change process wasn’t easy for me, as I’ve already reached a certain seniority level in the data science field and starting from scratch in a new role meant not only needing to learn a lot of new information/concepts, but also a step back salary-wise.
    The main reason why I’ve decided to go with CareerFoundry’s program was because it allowed me to learn a new skill while continuing to work at a full-time job. This flexibility was exactly what I needed. Additionally, I was intrigued by the 1-on-1 mentorship support provided.
    Overall, I am more than satisfied with my experience at CareerFoundry. Not only did I enjoy the learning process, but I also got all the qualifications needed to get a new job -- I got an offer as a UX researcher shortly after graduating.
    This was a really great starting point for someone completely new to UI design — like myself!

By the end of the course I had a set of pixel-perfect mockups for a pretty sweet looking travel app. I worked predominantly with Sketch (but there was also the option to use Adobe XD).

I think what made the course so good was the seamless interaction with my CareerFoundry mentor and tutor — they really gave a lot of valuable tips and feedback — but also insights into life as a UI designer working in the field. I also think the live events that CareerFoundry hosts are pretty inspiring, and there's a genuine sense of community and support.

Would totally recommend :)
  • UI Design Program
    - 4/22/2021
    My mentors were great and very helpful. I finished my program in 3 months when on average, it can take people a year. I really worked hard in it and I know I did a great job because I loved my projects and designs, and so did my mentors. I believe they even used some of my work as examples to show future students. I really enjoyed the program and the tasks since I come from a design background. The whole reason why I joined the program was because one of the employees told me that CareerFoundry would send me all the jobs to apply to since when you look to apply, all the UI positions require experience. This was something I was concerned about because I didn't want to pay $6k of my hard-earned savings just to end up applying to a bunch of jobs that were way out of my league. Anyway, of course they didn't end up doing that and when I asked my job application mentor about that promise the employee had made me, he said there was no such thing. So it did end up being the worst possible outcome, which was still no UI job, no $6k, and no help from CareerFoundry. Do not sign up for this program. They taught me a lot, but that doesn't help me if I can't even get a job in the field. There are other programs that don't make you pay until you get a job, and in my situation you would've been better off learning the material yourself and saving your $6k to end up with no UI job anyway. Shoutout to Craig for being the best mentor though and really helping me to push myself.
  • UX Design
    - 4/16/2021
    Anonymous • Research assistant • Graduate
    Instructor's feedback's were very helpful for completing the course successfully. I really like the course structure,which is based on learning by doing approach.
    I have worked for a number of years in higher education, and have been part of numerous online learning projects. From my perspective, the CareerFoundry program is astonishingly well curated and presented, and has been very effective for me in learning a large number of new skills in a relatively short time. The course is well supported by dedicated and experienced teachers who look closely at all of your work, and you are constantly receiving feedback to help you learn and improve. The best part of the course design is that you really do learn by doing – there is very little theory-only content. You actually will make a lot of stuff throughout every part of the course, which not only feels like a great accomplishment but is also, in my experience, the most effective way to learn. I have learnt a ton on this course and would very highly recommend it.
    I have only just begun the job assistance component so can't yet give it an honest review, but from what I have gathered so far it is also a very thorough part of the program and is well supported by dedicated career mentors. I expect this will be a fruitful part of the experience.
    In the Careerfoundry UI Course, I was able to learn further than what I learned on UI online tutorials.

I already know about UX, and it is filling exactly the gap I needed for changing careers. The course is well structured, and I have an amazing tutor and a wonderful mentor pushing me further to do better and better designs, taking me out of my comfort zone.  Besides, you are then also part of a very active and supportive tech community.

I could not recommend this course more!
    Data Analytics intro course has been brilliant, the exercises and tasks have been really useful, linked to the real world and work. The tutor’s support and feedback has been great as well. The intro course has given me a good overview of the components and processes included in the Data Analytics work.