careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (1249) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Digital Marketing Program

Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a digital marketer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two marketing professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics and finish as an expert in digital marketing with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews. With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our Digital Marketing Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.
    Climb Credit, Ascent Funding
    Refund / Guarantee14 days
    Minimum Skill LevelNo marketing experience is required.
    Prep WorkNo prep work is required.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UX Design Course
    - 3/10/2022
    I am attending UX Design Course at CareerFoundry. This a hands-on course based on learn-by-application approach. This course is separated in 3 parts, first is Intro, second Immersion and third is Specialisation, there is also mentorship and tutoring provided as well as vast student community. I am in Immersion part now and so far I am pretty pleased with it.
    But, there is some room for improvement, here's what I've noticed:
    - Some parts seem a bit dated (ex. technology wise - some recommended software are not in use anymore, or resources wise - some websites are also not available anymore)
    - A lot of times, there is a short description of the task and then it feels like we are left hanging and we need to know how to do it. Mostly it requires a lot more research on our part (I don't mind researching, but it takes a lot of time)
    - Not all of us have a new or great idea about our project app, so if there is some way to help generate ideas in the beginning, that would be great
    - Some tasks are too large versus others, it sometimes creates a nice balance, but some should be separated (ex. interviews and surveys - students opt not to do the survey because it takes a lot of time along with interviews)
    - At the beginning of the course I've felt immediately overwhelmed (even though I knew some terms and phrases used in UX) as it offers a lot of information without easing into it (a way to make the students feel less overwhelmed, at least in the beginning)
    - It would be beneficial if there was more accent on what is important and what we should pay extra intention in doing the tasks (ex. on what details should we pay extra attention in competitive analysis). And maybe an explanation on why we are doing tasks in this order (sometimes the order is not logical).
    That's all folks!
  • Anonymous • Graphic Designer • Student
    This course is 100% online and flexibly paced which has been great for my learning as I work full time as a graphic designer. My tutors and mentors have been very supportive and knowledgable which has helped with my understanding and growing confidence! I would recommend careerfoundry to anyone looking to gain new skills or a career change!
  • UX Design
    - 3/10/2022
    I do enjoy being full time Bootcamp UX Design student.  All the materials and tasks are challenging and also fun at the same time. I learned a lot about all the things I never thought before and hands up to my favorite Mentor and Tutor who always supported me on daily basis!
  • UX Design Course
    - 3/10/2022
    The content ist structured in a very good way and I like that you can go in your own pace. Perfect for me as I don't need much of interaction if you work on your own mainly
    I like how the course is on your own speed and the program will advise you on how fast to be going. Additionally, I love the mentorship and the tutoring that I receive.
  • UX Designer
    - 2/17/2022
    I am taking UX Designer course at CareerFoundry. This is my very first experience of learning from bootcamp and UX Design. I highly recommend CareerFoundry who is looking for a new career change. All the mentors, tutors and other staffs are super kind and supportive. Whenever I have a questions, they are always there for me and provide me with very rich resources. Even though it is an online course where I can manage my own timing, the time guideline helps me to stay on track and the staff always checks on me to provide help.
    Thank you CareerFoundry.
    My experience at CareerFoundry has been good so far. Because this is an online course, it requires a lot of discipline, hard work from students, and can feel isolating.

CF is very organized as course materials are easily accessible and follow. Exercises are simple, but sometimes too simple, where it doesn’t explain the subject well enough for you to fully understand.

Not everything that you need to learn will be taught by CF, like design software, so you’ll have to learn on your own.

At 70% into the course, I feel that I don’t know enough and still have a lot of outside learning that I need to do in order to prepare myself for interviews. So, one thing I’ve learned is that it takes discipline and hard word to complete the CF successfully.  Therefore, start everything that you’re supposed to do early when you’re advised to do so.

Staff members are very responsive.

It isn’t easy, but it will be rewarding when you land the job that you wanted.
    Simply put, CareerFoundry's UX Design course is a great way to build a solid foundation in User Experience Design. Having recently graduated university with a degree unrelated to UX, I had a desire to learn the fundamentals and the CareerFoundry course has made me feel like I'm learning the necessary skills and becoming equipped with the tools needed to enter the industry.
  • Ux Design course
    Anonymous • Ux • Graduate
    The course is well structured but could improve on certain aspects:
    • the first trial period or BootCamp is too fast to make a good work out of it. You rush in between things, 3 weeks on working days are 15 days. The lesson and the task are not in-depth, but then the result must be. In my opinion, the tutor needs things as they should be and not as "easily" explained in the short lesson before the tasks.
    • The help desk never really helped me
    • More realistic times for task. It says it can take up to 3 days to do a task but still, the progress shows you you can accomplish 3 tasks a week.
    • Interview questions and presentations instead of videos made with real people.
    • Interaction with other students made monthly, maybe some extra classes online or something not to be always answering your own questions.

Pretty Good things are:

• Tutor and mentor access and help
    • Overall classes content
    • Slack Community
    • Examples of tasks accepted before yours
    • Job preparation course
  • UX Design
    - 2/17/2022
    Im very grateful for this opportunity and course. Just sometimes I wish there were more quick guidance and a stronger teacher-student model
  • Amazing!
    - 1/18/2022
    The UX Design bootcamp is easy to follow as someone from outside the field (Finance) and provides the resources (tools + mentors) to help students succeed.
    I am still currently in the design program, however, I could not be more then pleased with it overall. I feel I have learn a lot just within these past 4 months and it works with my schedule. It's self-project based with a deadline, but I was feeling overwhelmed with work and started to trail behind a little and my tutor kept my spirits up and the student advisors even helped me out with extensions. I am excited to explore more that adds to my knowledge and portfolio and see where things lead towards the end of the program!