careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (1249) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Digital Marketing Program

Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a digital marketer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two marketing professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics and finish as an expert in digital marketing with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews. With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our Digital Marketing Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.
    Climb Credit, Ascent Funding
    Refund / Guarantee14 days
    Minimum Skill LevelNo marketing experience is required.
    Prep WorkNo prep work is required.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • Ahmad Abbas Zainol

For those who want to change their career or maybe just want to learn new skill, Careerfoundry is the right place for you to start. Easy to follow and very newbie-friendly. The thing I love the most about Careerfoundry is - their mentor - very helpfull and friendly too. They will try to make you understand anything that confusing you. Plus, their also have slack community - very helpfull to build strong networking for your future venture!

• Erez • Graduate

When I first encountered with the course I was excited about their Mentor-driven and Project-driven approach to teaching. It felt like what I needed to be able to do an online course. Also the price was unbeatable, and still is I think. I do have some quite minor problems with the course, but at the bottum line, only with the CareerFoundry I was able to learn programming.

The biggest thing I was excited about was the mentoring part. It actually what made the difference for me. It was somebody that I could always ask questions, help me when I don't understand the material and the fact that I needed to "satisfy" someone was what kept me always motivated.

Having said that, I was kind of dissapointed with my particular mentor. I thought he will push me outside of my box and the curriculum boundries, but it never happend. He never challanged me by his own. Another thing is that when ever I encountered with a big problem, instead of pushing me in the right direction, he just gave me the answer. At the moment, it was a great relief to see what was the right and professional way to do something, but as soon as I tried to do it by myself I realized I don't really remember/understood how he actually done that (it mostly happend in the weekly skype call, that's why I always prefred to communicate by messaging, which are always availabe as future references, but my mentor prefered to answer the big problems in the skype call). The thing is, my mentor has a vast knowledge and he is a really good teacher, just our communication wasn't perfect.

The corriculum is really okay. The frontend part, is written in a fun and descreptive way which makes the learning really enjoyable. The backend part is no fun at all, mostly because it's way more technical and way more difficult. Naturally there's a lot of room for improvement in the lectures, but they are by no means in a bad shape.

The CareerFoundry team is also really great. I had the chance to meet them in person more than once and they're really nice and helpful. They gave me great and valuable career advices which helped me a lot.

A new thing that was started at the middle of my course, so I didn't have the chance to take advantage of, was the Slack community. A place where you can talk with fellow students, the CF team and the mentors. There a student is able to ask all kind of questions. Actually I'm still using the Slack community even though I am long after graduating.

Overall, although it's not a perfect course and there's a lot of room for improvement, I really recommend this course to people who are looking for an affordable web dev course (online or not). I was actually able to take my first steps as a web developer in the industry after finishing the course, a thing that says a lot.

My experience at CareerFoundry has been very great! Before the course I tried to teach myself web development. But I had a really hard time keeping myself motivated. So I looked into various options to learn coding properly. Compared to all the other online bootcamps out there CareerFoundry had the best price and still a very comprehensive curriculum. The course material covered the most important topics. My mentor helped me a lot when I wanted to learn more than what the actual course contained.

Throughout the course the CareerFoundry team has been really helpful and always there if I had any questions. Even after the course they were very supportive, helped me with my CV and forwarded job offers.

I would recommend CareerFoundry to everyone who wants to get into web development, learn everything important to get started and have the skills and the support to find a job.

• Sylvia • Student

I enjoyed my experience going thru the CF web development course. Before attending CF, I wasn’t too sure what kind of area of development I would like to specialize in. There are so many specialities, frameworks and languages out there-it can be confusing and overwhelming at first... I’m very happy I chose CF because they teach, in my opinion, a broad spectrum of the popular frameworks out there such as Bootstrap and Ruby on Rails - it really helped me understand the bigger picture of web dev. Now if only they cover mobile dev! :)

I found I really enjoy the front end aspect of development, and thank CF for discovering that. Since it is self-paced they are really flexible with what you create as a project and the time frame it takes you. It’s also a pretty economical price, considering some other more intense options like Bloc and full-time online immersive type programs. However, CF is a good fit if you have yet to figure out what area of focus you want to delve into your tech career and you’re pressed on time due to a full time job, like myself. Their staff is extremely helpful and open to feedback as well (Blake was my student advisor). Overall, very positive experience throughout and I recommend their online course.

• Mario Mitchell • Web Manager • Student

Career Foundry's program is very comprehesive and thorough. I really enjoyed the way the lessons were setup and it was also challenging.

CareerFoundry is the perfect course for those who feel they need someone to help you along the way and not make you feel alone.  The tutoring is fantastic and the things you learn are many and well organized.
  • UX designer course
    - 8/15/2022
    Anonymous • Project assistant • Student
    This course is very well made, challenging too because it is demanding and trains you for a whole new career but I feel confident I am will be successful in my job hunt thanks to it.
  • Anonymous • Data Analyst • Graduate
    I had a wonderful experience studying through CareerFoundry. I loved that it was all online and flexible. I was able to do it in my own time and at my own pace. I had two excellent mentors/tutors, who were always available to help with extra questions and advice. The free Job Preparation Course also helped immensely in preparing me for the job market and sending out professional applications. It also gave me the opportunity to set up a website that serves as my portfolio. All in all a great school that goes the extra mile. And I got a job in a foreign country where I don't even speak the language properly within 4 months of finishing - with zero previous data analysis experience (I am a career changer from speech therapy to data analytics)!
    The bootcamp is very easy to follow and they make learning the content fun! the mentors, tutors, and advisors are great and guide you through the whole process.
  • UX Design
    - 7/13/2022
    The course is designed to immerse the student on a work journey through completing small to medium tasks almost every day. It delivers some security that the curriculum will prepare you for the work environment and mostly to get a job right after finishing it.
    The feedbacks on the tasks are encouraging but you can see it could be improved with a more personal approach rather than ready made texts.
    The graphics for the exercises can be improved.

• Review
    - 6/28/2022
    I have jumped into new career UX designing in my 40. I was scared at first but the course and career foundry team is excellent.Soon i will start my job prep course. Then i will be fully ready to start my new career. I recommend this institute to every one who is looking forward  to change career and have no time to run to school aswell.
    Overall a fantastic program if you're willing to put in the work! The student experience is highly dependent on the tutor and mentor you happen to be assigned— so just something to keep in mind. Student support via the student advising team was excellent. Lastly, I've had one interaction with two different career specialists and both were a bit disappointing because I didn't really feel supported— but hopefully just an anomaly! Still, I would highly recommend this program.