careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (1203) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Digital Marketing Program

Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a digital marketer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two marketing professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics and finish as an expert in digital marketing with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews. With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our Digital Marketing Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.
    Climb Credit, Ascent Funding
    Refund / Guarantee14 days
    Minimum Skill LevelNo marketing experience is required.
    Prep WorkNo prep work is required.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • Soooo sorry...
    - 12/14/2016
    Svenja • Graduate

...that my course is over. I mean it.

I did the Web Dev course and finished it in 2 1/2 month. That's pretty fast and although I hadn't much free time (let's say none) I definitely can say every minute was worth it. Here's why:

• Course content

Before I joined the course I did some free courses on codecademy which was great. At least most of the time. You get an exercise, write your code in the given editor and get your review right away. So far so good. BUT: Did you really learn something? I'm not sure about that. You don't have to install your own text editor. You don't have to install Ruby, Rails and so on. Yes, it might feel a lot easier but what for? I think, IF you really want to learn a language you have to fail and you have to read and google and make stackoverflow to your new facebook. That doesn't mean you shouldn't use free sources in addition. ;)

I liked it a lot how the content of CareerFoundry is written. And whenever I thought something was wrong (like I didn't get an expected output) there's a review at the end of each task where you can submit your notes. I only used it once and they reached back to me nearly immediately. Plus there's a lot of advice where to find further information. All you have to do is to read and try. Sure though, in three months it can be really, really tough. But it can be done.

• Mentor Video Reviews

The first review felt strange to me. Someone else - a human being I actually saw on my screen - went through my code and checked my assignment. That's even like sitting in school and the teacher corrects your work. Scary but oh so helpful. And I was really happy with my mentor who gave me a lot of advice and who had a passion for good-looking code.

• Community

I can hardly imagine a life without Slack. And how was it possible to communicate without? You have channels for all kind of stuff. For Web Development in general, for taskhelp, for feedback, for UX, UI, for everything. And the best of it? You'll get an answer. Sure, sometimes you have to wait for an answer but keep in mind - there are 24 different time zones. Not everyone is awake when you are.

I'm so glad that I've "met" another student I could learn with. We struggled at the same tasks and it felt like sitting next to each although we studied in different cities. Tip: Say hello at the beginning of your course and find someone you can interchange with! Sometimes you just need a second look to find a missing semicolon.

• Course Access

I did the course in this short time period because I had to. Circumstances forced me to do so and although I wish there would have been more time for the tasks I feel confident with HTML, CSS, Ruby, Rails, ... I did an internship after the course (Web Development, Ruby on Rails) and I can tell you that although there's a lot I still have to learn, I felt good. Yes I needed way more time compared to the Web Devs in the company but I never felt lost. And regarding the bullet point above this paragraph "Course Access", you have it (the content) the rest of your life. So whenever I struggled, I not only used google and forums, I used my course and asked the community for help.

Conclusion

I would do it again. And I can recommend it allover!

• WebDev Course
    - 12/8/2016
    Mira • Student

This is my first time I do a bootcamp in order to learn programming and I have to admit that it is quite intense and challenging to finish the course in only 3 months, but I am confident that I will be able to do it. I think that, because I am receiving great support not only from my tutor and my mentor, but also from the other students and the people, who are working at Career Foundry. There are different communication channels where I can reach out for help, if I get stuck somewhere with a lesson. The curriculum is packed full with both front-end and back-end, which I find really awesome to learn so much and especially different topics. Only I am glad that I have seen some lines of code before, otherwise I would probably be lost a lot of times. So I am excited and hopeful to land a job as a junior developer after finishing the course :D

• Sean • Student

CareerFoundry has exceeded my expectations in every way.  I’ve just finished up the UI Design course and am much more confident about my skills than when I tried to learn on my own.

While I was researching various different online schools, I ended up choosing CF because it was actually a course I could afford. I’ll admit, I was a bit skeptical of the quality of the lessons at their price point, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was paired with an amazing mentor that challenged my designs and pushed me to keep working past projects that were just “good enough”. That combined with a very supportive staff and fellow students really helped me to succeed in the course.

After six months, I’ve gone from having little to no information about how to design an app to having several full prototypes to add to my portfolio. I highly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in building their UI and UX skills in a fun and supportive environment!

• Kristis

I don't finished it yet, left about 3 weeks to finish, but I can say that I like this course. Before i was fresh new starter and after five months I moved forward a lot. Careerfoundry have friendly staff, a lot of nice features. So who want to start learn web development, I suggesting this course.

• UX Designer
    - 11/23/2016
    Dawn Schlecht • Graduate

I completed this course about 6 months ago. I found it to be a valuable introduction to UX design. It puts a lot of emphasis on the design process from ideation to wireframing as well as on alignment with business objectives. It allowed me to gain hands on experience in user research and prototyping. Having a mentor to work with was invaluable.

• Highly Recommended!
    - 11/21/2016
    Nicole • Graduate

Throughout my experience with CareerFoundry, the support from advisors and instructors has exceeded expectations. They’re really attentive to individual student needs, whether its questions about coursework, scheduling issues, or career assistance. Even months after completing the course, I still feel like part of the online community, as they continue to check-in and provide helpful resources.

I was completely new to coding when I started and found the curriculum challenging, but I never felt stranded. The quality of instruction is fantastic, and I'm really happy with the experience and skills I've gained through CF.  I definitely recommend the course to anyone considering a career in web development!

• Christina • UX Designer • Graduate

CareerFoundry managed wonderfully the transition from being a student to a graduate looking for the first job. Seamlessly the placement team took over and helped shape my portfolio, resumé, and profile. The personal and frequent check-ins helped me gain confidence to take action and approach employers and get jobs.

Title: Blog Editor
    Tuesday, Nov 15 2016
    Hi Christina!

Thanks so much for writing a review of your time at CareerFoundry. We loved having you as one of our students and it's great to hear how much the Placement Team has helped you with your job preparation. It can be a tough transition, going from studying to active job-searching, but you've taken it all in your stride and faced each challenge like a pro.

We are so proud of all the hard work you've done. Your motivation, drive and determination has ensured your future success in UX design, success that is so well - deserved.

Can't wait to hear the next instalment of your career story: we will be there cheering you along every step of the way!

Rosie

rosie@careerfoundry.com

• Millicent • Student

When I joined CareerFoundry, I didn't even know what a code was. I was a true defination of the word "beginner". What made me enrol with them was the desire to learn. Anxious as I was about the course, the fact that I will have a tutor and a mentor put a bit of ease.

And true to their words, my tutor was heaven sent. He was there for me every step of the way. He would always remind me that it was his job to help me so I must always ask if I need help. As for my mentor, he understood that I was a beginner and he really encouraged me to work hard to achieve my career goals.

The Curriculum is detailed with additional material to educate yourself even further than the given tasks. It is hard work but at the end of each task, there is joy that comes with it. You are never alone when learning with CF, the community is always there for you. Be it the support team, student advisors or other students, the support is just ovewhelming.

It's a pity I couldn't finish the course due to personal reasons but I am definitely going back. I can recommend CF to anyone without thinking twice. keep ut the good work guys:)

Title: Blog Editor
    Wednesday, Nov 16 2016
    Hi there Millicent!

Thanks so much for writing about your experience with CareerFoundry. It's great to hear that as a complete beginner in code you were able to fully understand and enjoy the experience of learning to program, which is certainly no piece of cake!

It's great you found your mentor and tutor so encouraging and understanding and they were able to keep you focused on your career goals while you worked through the Web Development Course. When we hear stories like yours it confirms our belief that fully mentored, flexible, online learning is really the future; it's that one-on-one tuition and support that gets you over each hurdle on the way to the finish line.

On behalf of the Student Advisors, the Student Community and everyone else here at CareerFoundry we can't wait to have you back. Your career in web development awaits - and we will do everything we can to get you there!

Best,

Rosie
  • Marta • Junior Frontend • Student
    I found a job after three weeks of finishing the cours. I would recommend you CF if you want to change careers, they will do their best to help you.
    Title: Editor, CareerFoundry
    Tuesday, Nov 22 2016
    Hi there Marta
    Thanks so much reviewing your time with us studying web development!

We wanted to extend our congratulations to you for finding a job in your chosen field - well done!

Hearing the stories of students like yourself makes all of the hard work worthwhile for us, and we are so proud to be a part of your success.

If you have any further feedback you'd like to give us please do reach out.

Best,

Rosie Allabarton

rosie@careerfoundry.com
  • Worth It
    - 11/1/2016
    Ryan S Baker • Account Manager/UI Hopeful • Graduate

Online education is not for everyone, and it can be very hard to find an organization that can effectively convey useful information and help establish a skill set. That said, Career Foundry does an excellent job at taking someone (such as myself) with little, to no UI design background and points them in the right direction. Career Foundry helps establish a knowledge base that makes that "where do I even start?" feeling, much more manageable.

A word of warning, if you are new to UI, this course will not be easy. The first few months I was able to keep up and even get considerably ahead of my scheduled end date. However, you have to keep pressing throughout the whole course because it gets particularly demanding towards the end. You will likely spend around 7-10 hours a week for the first couple of months. Towards the end of the course, however, I was logging 20 hours or more a week. So you will definitely do a good amount of work.

The staff is professional and excellent to work with. Responses come quick considering different time-zones and the fact you depend a lot on emailing. Cicely was particularly great to work with. You can tell she takes her job very seriously and she always responds in a timely manner.

My mentor Eric was also awesome! We had around 8 or so conversations and he was always able to spot mistakes I hadn't noticed, or he brought things to my attention that could be improved upon. Initially, I may have had some pushback to some of his suggestions, but far more often than not they ended up improving upon what I had originally built. He was also very quick about getting back to me and offering feedback.

If you are looking to become a certified pro on Sketch and are even remotely interested in the awesome world of UI, this course is well worth your time.

• Anna Costalonga • Junior Full Stack Developer • Graduate

I am originally a translator, with a humanities background and a good flair for technology. I had been working as helpdesk support in a wellknown company for years. I never felt realised with this job, though, on the contrary I was feeling stuck in a dead-end.I thought I had to become more technical and I always felt an affinity to web technologies, although I only knew HTML and CSS so far. I got in touch with CareerFoundry almost by chance, I started getting info and reviews about this online school and I found them all positive. Besides, the course fee was still reasonable for my pockets and being an online course, it was ideal for me as a working student. The assistance of my mentor had always been punctual, friendly and motivating. It was not easy at CareerFoundry, especially for someone who, like me, had 0 coding experience. I was not certainly afraid of learning Ruby on Rails, Javascript, Angular, but I found a great support in their international student community. That is awesome, the way CareerFoundry with a simple slack team created a friendly network of aspiring webdevelopers all over the world. With some of them I remained in touch and even developed some projects together. Learning a new profession from scratch when you are already working is not simple, it is hard, it is effort and self-esteem consuming as well, particularly if you're over 40 years old, like I was and am. Finally I had a new professional perspective, and I really need to thank CareerFoundry , if I was able to leave my old job and land my first job as Junior Web Developer with Rails. I have to thank them for their courses, obviously, but also for the motivation network, if I can say so, that they were able to build up through their international students and mentors community.

• Best decision ever!
    - 10/31/2016
    Marjorie • Graduate

I enrolled in Career Foundry for two reasons: 1-It was 100% focused on UX design which is what I wanted to do. 2-It would give me the flexibility to take care of my family and still work on the side.

It was by far the best decision I ever made! I have learned more than I could have ever imagined in the past 3 1/2 months. The great thing about CF is that you learn by doing. The lessons are brief and then you jump in and do a project. 66 to be exact. Is hard work? Yes. But do I feel prepared? Absolutely! CF prepares you for design challenges you will face in the real world. Not to mention the fact that you will get an awesome tutor and mentor. If you are ready to change your life, CF is the way to go!