careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (1202) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Digital Marketing Program

Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a digital marketer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two marketing professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics and finish as an expert in digital marketing with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews. With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our Digital Marketing Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.
    Climb Credit, Ascent Funding
    Refund / Guarantee14 days
    Minimum Skill LevelNo marketing experience is required.
    Prep WorkNo prep work is required.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • Constantinos Tsangaris • UX/UI Designer • Graduate

I have just completed my course on UX Design with CF and i feel really happy for my choice.

It’s a great kickstart for a career change as you learn the whole process of UX while designing an web application and not only reading.

As a complete beginner coming from Graphic Design i really had to put some effort but it worth it all the way.

Having a full time job and a family while studying was hard sometimes but i never felt alone there. Support team did a fantastic job and they even offered to me 3 weeks for free to complete my course after having some issues with a few assignments.

And finally i had a great mentor, Gökcen Keskin, whose feedback really helped me to design the app better and motivated me for taking the right decisions.

• Tatiana • Interaction Designer • Graduate

I passed the UX design course several months earlier than the deadline. I must say, I was looking for a course that would outline design phases and decisions, clear up and  bring into structure all that enourmous overwhelming information I saw in the web.  Lucky for me, I had a great mentor Allison Yaeger. Her critical thinking, down-to-earth attitude together with positive personality both challeneged me and encouraged me to revisit my decisions, iterate on my designs.

Moreover I received great feedback on my portfolio, and recommendations on how to handle interviews and market myself. It helped me to land an Interaction Designer job in IceMobile, one of the best employers in the Netherlands.

I higly recommend the course with such a professional mentor to anyone, who wants to start UX career.

• UX Design Course
    - 1/9/2017
    Amal Habashy • UX/UI Designer • Graduate

I'm really happy and satisfied with my achievement. Very well set course, with very useful materials and resources. Very helpful tutor.

• UI Design
    - 1/7/2017
    Elizabeth • Graduate

CareerFoundry definitely helped me to grow in my technical skills as a designer.  Their course helped me to familiarize myself with common design tools that are used in the industry.  The various projects and student community was helpful to expand my skills and to gain feedback.  I enjoyed the mentorship CareerFoundry offered as well.  My mentor was always open and willing to talk and flexible with times.  She gave me great and helpful feedback and helped to challenge me in learning other tools and thinking about different ways to design.

• Skylark • Student • Student
    I'm almost finished with the UI design course and I can't emphasize enough how glad I am I took the leap and committed to a bootcamp. Here are some pros and cons: Pros: -The course is self paced. -The readings and assignments focus on real world application. Each task builds on the last and suddenly, viola, you've designed an app (actually several)! -My mentor was great. We connected through Skype and email and she was okay with it when at one point, life happened and I had to take several weeks off. I even asked her to be more critical of my work and she was! (That may sound silly but I really really want a design job and I thrive under a healthy amount of feedback!!) -My mentor also had me tailor my assignments to my larger projects. The result was that I often had to do a little more work but it also meant that I got a glimpse of real problems that come up in the design process and as a result, I feel more confident applying for jobs. -The job placement team! I've never had someone help me apply for jobs. So that's neat. Cons: -Now that I'm job hunting I see that most UI jobs require you to have some basic HTML/CSS/ or JavaScript knowledge. I wish this was covered in the course. I know that there are a lot of free resources out there for this but having a project to focus on and a mentor to call on would be helpful. -The job placement team can be a little hard to get ahold of. I have several working with me so I can usually get ahold of someone but getting ahold of the same one can take time.
  • Timothy Antonov • Lead UX Designer • Graduate

Coming to CareerFoundry with prior UX design experience I thought it would help me take my UX skills to the next level.

I feel my CareerFoundry tutor (Abhishek Bhattacharya) and mentor (Leah Simmons) did a fantastic job showing me where I excelled and what areas I could improve in.

As most of the class material was not necessarily new to me, I really appreciated the enthusiasm demonstrated by Leah engaging me in critical discussions on how to realign my methods to better meet user needs.  She was high energy and generous with her time.

I found the class very easy and was able to complete it in a 3 month period while working a 50+ hour job.

I would simply state that this program is not only great for newbies but individuals who might have been working in the field for a while and want to enhance their skills.

I feel the CareerFoundry course was an excellent investment of my time and money!

• Career Shift
    - 12/16/2016
    Ryan • Student

I am extremely happy with my decision to take the Web Development course at Career Foundry.  I have learned a ton and am almost done with my course.  My hope is to get involved in the industry and continue to learn, while also keeping in touch with the CF alumni, to help where I can and get help when I need it.  I definitely recommend this course to anyone looking for a career change.

• Review WebDevCouse
    - 12/16/2016
    Eve • Student

I am still working through the course but I am enjoying it a lot. I like that we are immediately starting to learn things that are useful and applicable in building a web application, rather than starting from very basic and boring things, or outdated technologies, like it usually is in formal education like university. Also the community part is great, I can always ask for help my Mentor or my Tutor and also ask questions to other students. Sometimes it takes time for them to answer and in the meantime I find the answer by myself which is also great. I am looking forward to do more of backend stuff and to complete my portfolio.

• B Fry • Graduate

For the most part, I enjoyed the Web Developer course. It was challenging at times -- mostly toward the end. The curriculum was decent. The part that really made this course stand out was/is the community of not only helpful alumni, but how students helped/help other students. Having that in a real-time environment was/is great. As an alumnus, I still help students whenever possible. Additionally, having both an assigned tutor and mentor was great. Mine were very helpful and offered great suggestions as well as being able to point me the right direction to resolve issues for which I just could not find the answers. Having that kind of support system really made the course less frustrating.

Although the course was good, there is definitely room for improvement. First of all, I would not recommend this course to a complete beginner. If you have even basic HTML and CSS knowledge, then go for it. However, if you only know HTML and CSS because you heard a geeky friend talk about it, then I would go elsewhere to learn the basics. I, and many others, have helped too many struggling and inexperienced students get through the first few lessons because they were confused about what they needed to do.

Secondly, I believe there should have been more practice with Javascript and an introduction to a newer framwork like Angular, React, or Node as opposed to jQuery. I say that because when I went job-hunting after the course, all of the job postings wanted experience in more, some several more, languages and/or frameworks and the three that I listed seem to be the most popular. Adding at least one of them to the course would give students something more in-demand to add to their resume and portfolio.

Thirdly, I don't think Ruby and Ruby on Rails are good choices for students to learn right now simply because most of the jobs out there want a lot of experience and most are for senior positions. Students are hoping to take the course and get in the field as fast as possible and I don't believe the short amount of time to learn Ruby and Ruby on Rails is sufficient -- especially if the student has little to no programming experience.

Finally, there are parts of the course where the wording was just outright confusing. However, that is not all bad since the student has the ability to notify the staff and let them know about things like that, which they are pretty good about resolving quickly.

With all that said, I still had a good experience and made some friends and acquaintances. There is also the added benefit that the course lessons are still available even after you have graduated as well as continued access to the community. Also, they do offer resume assistance and try to help you find a job. Still, I believe with the right combination of web development languages and frameworks, more students may find positions as a web developer faster.

• Giovanni Bernal • Student

CF team has developed a great tool online, defiant most of the time and designed to increase difficulty lesson after lesson. System provide you a great feed back and a big picture of your progress.

Tutor and mentor system works good, answers comes fast enough (could be better) and in a clearly way. They use links to useful resources and some times use video answers, showing you where and how you can improve you work.

One of the most valuables things is the community (I did not take it as it should, to be honest) but allways you find useful info, support and a friendly network of people, a really important aspect of being web developer!

• Soooo sorry...
    - 12/14/2016
    Svenja • Graduate

...that my course is over. I mean it.

I did the Web Dev course and finished it in 2 1/2 month. That's pretty fast and although I hadn't much free time (let's say none) I definitely can say every minute was worth it. Here's why:

• Course content

Before I joined the course I did some free courses on codecademy which was great. At least most of the time. You get an exercise, write your code in the given editor and get your review right away. So far so good. BUT: Did you really learn something? I'm not sure about that. You don't have to install your own text editor. You don't have to install Ruby, Rails and so on. Yes, it might feel a lot easier but what for? I think, IF you really want to learn a language you have to fail and you have to read and google and make stackoverflow to your new facebook. That doesn't mean you shouldn't use free sources in addition. ;)

I liked it a lot how the content of CareerFoundry is written. And whenever I thought something was wrong (like I didn't get an expected output) there's a review at the end of each task where you can submit your notes. I only used it once and they reached back to me nearly immediately. Plus there's a lot of advice where to find further information. All you have to do is to read and try. Sure though, in three months it can be really, really tough. But it can be done.

• Mentor Video Reviews

The first review felt strange to me. Someone else - a human being I actually saw on my screen - went through my code and checked my assignment. That's even like sitting in school and the teacher corrects your work. Scary but oh so helpful. And I was really happy with my mentor who gave me a lot of advice and who had a passion for good-looking code.

• Community

I can hardly imagine a life without Slack. And how was it possible to communicate without? You have channels for all kind of stuff. For Web Development in general, for taskhelp, for feedback, for UX, UI, for everything. And the best of it? You'll get an answer. Sure, sometimes you have to wait for an answer but keep in mind - there are 24 different time zones. Not everyone is awake when you are.

I'm so glad that I've "met" another student I could learn with. We struggled at the same tasks and it felt like sitting next to each although we studied in different cities. Tip: Say hello at the beginning of your course and find someone you can interchange with! Sometimes you just need a second look to find a missing semicolon.

• Course Access

I did the course in this short time period because I had to. Circumstances forced me to do so and although I wish there would have been more time for the tasks I feel confident with HTML, CSS, Ruby, Rails, ... I did an internship after the course (Web Development, Ruby on Rails) and I can tell you that although there's a lot I still have to learn, I felt good. Yes I needed way more time compared to the Web Devs in the company but I never felt lost. And regarding the bullet point above this paragraph "Course Access", you have it (the content) the rest of your life. So whenever I struggled, I not only used google and forums, I used my course and asked the community for help.

Conclusion

I would do it again. And I can recommend it allover!