careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.68

all (1146) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Digital Marketing Program

Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a digital marketer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two marketing professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics and finish as an expert in digital marketing with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews. With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our Digital Marketing Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.
    Climb Credit, Ascent Funding
    Refund / Guarantee14 days
    Minimum Skill LevelNo marketing experience is required.
    Prep WorkNo prep work is required.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • Aswar • Student

I didn't have a good opinion of CareerFoundry at first (my mentor in the course went AWOL for weeks) and things had been going well until then. The site is very easy to use, the way it's set up motivates you to get work done. So when the mentor issue came up (I think he had some major life event) I was actually really upset, because I was enjoying the course!

I brought it to CF and they took a few days and very sincerely apologized and returned my tuition. I'm planning on retaking the course in the near future-- the mentor thing seemed to be a fluke, and it's actually a great course. And, after my interactions with CF, I get the feeling that they really take an interest in their students, and making sure they get what they need.

• Ana Afonso • Graduate

I found Careerfoundry while searching for online programming related courses and decided to apply for the Web Development course and give it a try. It was one of the cheapest and most interesting courses I found online and besides that I would be able to work with a tutor and a mentor. It was the best decision I could have ever made.

I started with little knowledge of programming but after 6 months of the course I am now able to do anything from static websites to consumer web apps. It also helped me to think further and learn more and more everyday. Everyone is really nice and helpful and the mentor skype calls are a must. My mentor Andre was motivating me a lot by sharing his experience in the industry and telling me how I should do everything during and after the course. He was also always very interested in my projects and helped me achieve what I wanted. Korina, the student advisor, is the most sympathetic person ever, she is always there to help you with course related questions.

Careerfoundry is really all about their students happiness and success and it's very refreshing to see and experience companies that still do that. I am very happy with the course and very motivated to find my first job!

• UI Design
    - 8/4/2016
    Kamila • Student

I find Careerfoundry a great place to start if you want to change your career. They introduse you to everything you need to know in one place, so you don't have to jump from one website to another. It guides you through and introduces to numerous great tools that make your life as a designer easier. I have a design background but I still took the UI course to systematize the knowledge necessary to work in Tech Industry where I want to be now (I was in Advertising before). It did the job.

And the fact that you have a mentor and a student advisor is almost a guarantee that you will finish it. Unless in many other online courses that just provide the materials and where nobody helps you to go through them.

I recommend! :)

• UX Design
    - 8/3/2016
    Claudine • Graphic and industrial designer • Graduate

The course is good, you learn the stuff you need to know and the best thing is that you end up with something to show in your portfolio. The match with the right mentor is really important and I got the support I needed from the school to make it happen. I agree that the the first modules are far easier than the last ones so make sure you manage your time well.

• UX Design Course
    - 7/19/2016
    Christina • Graduate

I recently graduated from CareerFoundry's UX Design course. The course was well crafted and my mentor was of great support. CareerFoundry also provides a power team behind the course and establishes a framework to make sure you stay in touch, on track with your goals. They ensure continuity and quality along your journey—it's a distant learning experience that feels very personal and thorough.

• Julie • Art Director • Student

I love this course so much and have convinced 3 other people to take it. It is one of the lowest prices out there for one, and you still get an amazing course. The lessons teach you so much and personally my mentor I think is the best one out there. She was always pushing me (which aside from offering up more information then what was even in the course through books or confernece suggestions, she also had me fix almost every homework assignment). I do think your mentor makes the course. I also have a full time job that is usally pretty easy and I still found even doing the 6 month course I was behind 6 weeks. That said I did change my project 3 weeks in from the one CF has you do which is currently a Project Managment app to a charity site I was already working on and had to go back and redo a bunch of projects which tooke me about a week and a half. It made the site so much stronger and I am so proud of how far it has come because of this course. They even have a job offer guarentee now and really do focus at the end in making sure you have a portfolio to find that new job opportunity. Cannot wait to finish and see what happens next.

• William Webb • Student

CareerFoundry is exactly the type of online coding school I was looking for to learn Web development. Firstly, the total cost of the course and the flexible payment option were a plus and suited my financial situation. Secondly, the way the course is written and broken down into a front-end course and back-end course enhanced my ability to learn the material in a thorough and timely manner. The course really focuses on self-learning, but you are never alone. As a CF student you have a dedicated mentor and a slack community to turn to for those times that are a little more difficult.

Overall the CF Web Development course is a great course that has enabled me to create a second career for myself doing something that I really enjoy.

• Philip Tuan • Web Developer • Graduate

When I first signed up for CareerFoundry Full Stack Web Developer Course, I was expecting the course to be like other online courses I had taken before. I will watch a lot of videos which will be follow by small exercises that help me learn the concepts in the videos. What I didn't expect from taking this course, was exercises that actually teach you and give you a hands-on approach to learning web development. Not only do you get a wonderful mentor that can help you when you get stuck on an exercise, but you also get a student advisor for help during the course and a career success manager for when you finish the course who will make sure your career is successful.

What I really liked about CareerFoundry is right at the beginning you have to build your own web portfolio which is basically your "web resume" that you show to potential employers. The other thing I liked was the projects we had to make, full projects where I can actually show to employers. My Mentor Ryan, was a great mentor. When I had a bug in my code, he will spent his time endlessly looking for a solution. No matter how dumb my question was, Ryan will happily answer them. Korina, my student advisor, was extremely helpful when I was taking the course. Anais, my career success manager, is currently assisting me in finding a job and jump starting my career.

Overall, if you are looking for a way to start learning web development, I recommend CareerFoundry, you will get a great mentor who can help you solve your coding problems, a student advisor who will answer all your questions during the course so you won't get lost and a career success manager to assist you in your job search. Of course, the curriculum is top-notch too.

I took the web developer course with CF.  Well written material overall, and it directs you to start building a profile page a small portfolio that you can leverage when you're finished the course.  I finished the course material in 3 months, and spent the next 2 and half months rebuilding my own project.  Course material is good and understandable.

The mentorship piece is where everything falls apart.  Obviously your mentor's will not know everything and part of code is learning how to Google many of your problems -but the mentors seemed disengaged, often just told me to Google my problem (like I hadn't been doing that for 2-3 days already) and many times are not easy to get a hold of even during their scheduled hours to help.

I signed up with CF for the mentorship and cost, and I can't say I regret using their program, but just be cautious if you are looking at the mentorship piece as a key deciding factor on using CF.

I enrolled in CF for two reasons: it was cheap, and it allowed me to still work. I was assigned to a mentor, who was alright, to be fair. The lessons felt like they were made by a good front-end developer who worked as (or maybe related to a teacher) a teaching assistant, and a back-end developer who really sucked at teaching. The Web Development course is designed that you make an app but the overall impression I had was that it is not something you showcase in a portfolio--- it lacks the wow factor to get you hired that you might have better chances if you say you have not built anything but you are very trainable. I learned things--- but boy, it was not worth the money. I get the frustration when your program fails to work, but the reason it fails is that it you were not taught properly how to do it right in the first place.

Response From: Rosie Allabarton of CareerFoundry
    Title: Blog Editor
    Wednesday, Oct 26 2016
    Dear Anonymous

Many thanks for writing a review of your time studying CareerFoundry’s Web Development Course. We really value the feedback of our students, it helps us to learn and grow as a company, understand what went right or wrong and see what we can do now so you leave us with a positive experience.

In your review you mention two essential parts of the CareerFoundry learning experience: first that it was an opportunity for you to study flexibly, around your job. Secondly, you mention your mentor.

Our mentors are fundamental to everything we do here at CareerFoundry. Chosen for their sharply-honed skills, industry experience, passion for technology and teaching expertise, we couldn’t be prouder of the work they do here, shaping the new careers of so many of our students. We’re pleased to read that your interactions with your mentor were satisfying. We were also happy to read that you found the front-end course material actionable and easy to understand.

You wrote in your review:

“The lessons felt like they were made by a good front-end developer who worked as (or maybe related to a teacher) a teaching assistant, and a back-end developer who really sucked at teaching.”

We were sorry to read you that you were disappointed with the course materials for the back-end part of the course.

We work on our course materials not just with technical experts, but also with in-house curriculum and educational specialists who spend a great deal of their time working on making both the copy and exercises digestible and relevant to our students. We also offer students the opportunity to give feedback on the course materials after every single lesson so that we can continue to learn and improve on what we can offer. Did you take the opportunity to leave us your feedback at the time?

If you chose not to leave feedback on the course, did you bring up your frustrations with either your mentor, or our Student Advisors? When we are alerted to these problems both our Student Advisors and our mentors work quickly to get students back on track as soon as possible. Web development does not come naturally to everybody, but it is something that anybody can learn. Our mentors are there to help our students through the tougher parts of the course, so they can move on to their next task and stay on track with as little disruption as possible; learning and growing all the time.

You wrote in your review: “The Web Development course is designed that you make an app but the overall impression I had was that it is not something you showcase in a portfolio--- it lacks the wow factor to get you hired that you might have better chances if you say you have not built anything but you are very trainable.”

As you have chosen to remain anonymous in your review, it is hard for us to comment directly on your personal portfolio. However, we would love to hear more details on exactly what it was that gave you “the impression” the app you developed wasn’t right for a portfolio. We can vouch for hundreds of students who have gone through the very same course and have built show-stopping portfolios using the skills they have learned with us, many of whom have gone on to land their first junior positions in the field shortly after graduation. In fact, we’re so confident in the quality of our students’ work that if a student doesn’t find a job they love within six months of completing their course with us we give them all of their tuition fees back, guaranteed.

This point also leads into the next part of your review: “I learned things--- but boy, it was not worth the money.”

As I said, we offer a full money back guarantee to anyone who does not get a job they love (not just any job!) within six months of graduating from any of our courses. And we don’t expect you to do it alone, either. Our Placement Team work tirelessly to get all of our graduates interview-ready and connected to employers in their area, to increase their chances of getting that job they always wanted. And if they don’t? Yep, they get their money back.

You wrote in your review: “I get the frustration when your program fails to work, but the reason it fails is that it you were not taught properly how to do it right in the first place.”

From your report of your mentor, you appear to have been satisfied with his or her interactions with you on the course, so I am unclear exactly what you mean when you say you were “not taught properly”. However I have left my personal email address at the end of this response so if you would like to tell us more about your experience with us I would strongly encourage you to do so.

What I can say is that if you had reported your frustrations to us sooner - as we encourage our students to do - we would have done everything within our power to ensure your mentor was guiding you in your learning and aiding you with any obstacles.

I hope that my response has helped to clarify a few things, and if you would like to write to me personally to discuss your experience further I would welcome that decision.

Best,

Rosie Allabarton

rosie@careerfoundry.com
  • Corey • Graduate

This course presents a highly-detailed, well-structured and comprehensive introduction to web development. I've completed a range of free web development tutorials online in the past, but always felt that there was a lack of structure in what I was learning, and I never felt like I was truly understanding the mechanics of what I was doing as a I followed along those other tutorials. By contrast, the CareerFoundry materials are exceptionally well written and organised. The course provides great breadth in covering all the core components of front-end and back-end web development, and the mentorship element of the program added depth to that learning through clear responses to any questions I had. I started to really understand concepts that I'd seen previously but only ever grasped on a superficial level. I highly recommend this course.

• Highly Recommend!
    - 3/28/2016
    Jose Ramos • Self-employed • Graduate

I've been using Online learning platforms for many years, and can honestly say it is my main source of continued education. I'm a Lynda.com subscriber and I myself am a course developer and author for Video2brain in Spanish. For many years I struggled to learn coding from the said resources, mainly because they lacked the needed structure that "makes you" finish assignments on a timely basis. But I think that the worse part of typical online learning is that when you get stuck, there's no one that comes to your help and pushes you forward.

Well, this is where CF really shines. I was assigned a mentor who had my back 100% of the way. He checked on me weekly and made sure that no questions went unanswered. He also gave me "real world" advise on the job market and where to take my skills. It's my believe that this is the key to succeeding with Online learning.

I must also say that the curriculum is top notch. The pace is fast, but not so fast as to make your head spin. The resources provided in the course alone are worth the price of admission. So, if you're looking for a course that will set you moving in the right direction, and you're willling to put in the time and effort, I think this is the one for you.