careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (1203) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Digital Marketing Program

Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a digital marketer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two marketing professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics and finish as an expert in digital marketing with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews. With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our Digital Marketing Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.
    Climb Credit, Ascent Funding
    Refund / Guarantee14 days
    Minimum Skill LevelNo marketing experience is required.
    Prep WorkNo prep work is required.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • Highly Recommended
    - 4/18/2019
    Dipak Marques • UI Designer • Student

I highly recommend the course, It's packed with information but they deliver it in an easily digestible way and without it feeling overwhelming, the course as a task for every exercise you complete ensuring that you learn by actually doing instead of just reading. My instructors were great, they have helped across my journey, they provided great information on what I was doing and how to improve and sources to learn more from. The only reason I gave curriculum 4 stars, is because I would've liked to see more videos, the course still has some. All in all, it's a great course!

• Mariano • Student

I'm taking the UI Design course, with no experience in design and no UX/Graphic design background. So far, i feel confident to say that this course has been one of the best structured, with an excellent updated content wich motivates me to stay focused to keep learning my new skills.
    The tutor is correct, he answers all the questions i have. One big plus is that he is on the same timezone than me, so there are no big delays when submiting my task to review.
    I have been making Skype calls with my assigned mentor regullarly, and everytime we talk i get to understand how this industry works receiving great advices from him.
    I put a lot of time on the course, but that's because i like. I mean the content is catchy! You feel like always wanting to put more effort on your task and submit the best exercise you can. I discovered a new passion: UI Design.
    I already started the job prep course, but i'm on the first lessons, so can't relate about that

• UX immersion
    - 4/17/2019
    Sara • Lead designer • Student
    A us program specializing in front end development
  • Ashley • Graduate

Deciding which online web development course to go with was extremly difficult as ther was so many to choose from. I did my homework and I’m proud to say that I couldn’t have made a better decision choosing CareerFoundry. The course is put together well and extremely informative, and the people they have, advising, mentoring, and tutoring are absolutely amazing! It is beyond evident that the school and people truly care about you understanding and implementing the material yourself. I’m extremely satisfied with my choice for an online web development course and would highly recommend them!

• Esha Chatterjee Chakraborty • Student

II enjoyed doing the CareerFoundry course...the fact that they made us do projects to learn the concepts served the purpose of better retention. The only drawback I would say is, certain sections could have been explained and broken down better for students who’ve never worked with Design software; such as using a UI kit to finish your prototypes and make them look professional. Nevertheless the tutor and instructor were very helpful and helped me continuously improve my designs.

• Vidyut • Student

Career Foundry course is a very worthy investment if you wish to change your career or just upskill yourself. I found the UX Designer course content simple, straightforward and totally manageable along with my freelancing job. The content is often supported by video demonstrations that makes the content more understandable and interesting to learn. Career Foundry online course content as well as the tutors and mentors regulalry send you extra reading materials which is very helpful. The Tutors and Mentors are extremely helpful and supportive in your mission of learning. I have found the student advisors very prompt in their responses and are always eager to make your transition into your new chosen field very smooth. I would highly recommend Career Foundry.

• Learning so much
    - 4/5/2019
    Stephanie • Student

This course has been challenging and time intensive but completely worth it! I'm learning so much and even applying the principles at my current job.

The support from CareerFoundry has been amazing from the time I started looking into UX design courses. My tutor Jonny has been the most supportive - he responds quickly and his feedback is extremely helpful and thorough each assignment.

• Great UX Course
    - 4/5/2019
    ET • Student

Career Foundry provides a solid foundation in UX methodologies and practice. If you are lucky, you'll get an amazing mentor like Tina, whose expertise and support are truly stellar. The Slack platform is a great way to connect with peers, and get feedback and help with projects.

The coursework has been challenging but manageable while working and balancing graduate school. Overall, this program will give you what you need to create a compelling UX portfolio and find a job you love (more on that hopefully soon!)

• Sarah P • Student

Currently in the first month of the UX Design course. When I was looking around for a UX course, I knew that I wanted a project-base curriculum, which CF offers.  The program is set up so that you have access to a mentor and tutor, and I've already met with my mentor twice and interacted with my tutor about ~10 times.  They're responsive and I'm always grateful for all the in-depth, immediate responses I've gotten from them every time I shot them a message.  The CF platform is full of supports, and they also offer a Slack channel where students can help each other.  I've always had positive interactions with other students so far.  While I do wish I could collaborate with other students more (as I probably would in a in-person course), I think with all of the different avenues they offer for communication (chat bars + Slack), it can be accomplished with a bit more effort.

All in all, after over a year of being indecisive with all of the differnet courses out there, CF finally felt like a perfect fit.

• Joan • Student

I love the fact that careerfoundry is honest and transparent about  how they teach and about the high quality of the study materials. They also offer reading access to their other courses. The UX Designer course is challenging as you need to complete 2-3 tasks a week and some tasks demands the student to learn a program like sketch within a week. However, the mentor and tutors always reply on time and give valueable insights. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to change their career or to become a specialist.

• Dustin • Designer • Graduate

Enrolling in the Career Foundry UX Immersion is one of the best decisions I have made in a very long time! The program is extremely well structured, organized and full of information about the UX/UI industry. On completion of the UX Design Immersion I was able to have two substantial case studies that I am very happy with. I definitely put a lot of effort into the Fundamentals course in the beginning so I was able to build a strong foundation before I started the Immersion. Also- after completion of the Immersion and with the benefit of everything I  learned during the program, I revisited my Fundamentals project and was able to bring it up to a much higher level. I also feel confident about creating more studies on my own, as the CF curriculum provided me with such a strong understanding of research methods and best practices.

Of course the program is online, and depends completely upon the self discipline and tenacity of the student. One must be earnestly committed and work hard to see results. I found the platform to be very well organized and it was easy for me to understand what was expected. In addition to explanations and examples, it was great to have online references and articles which also helped with the learning experience. The assignments are clear and explicit and build upon each other logically to create a robust case study project.

My tutor Terri Rodriguez was wonderful, and always there if I need to ask her a question. Her responses were always within 24 hours, usually much quicker. She was encouraging, inspirational and definitely made me feel supported. Dana Lynn was my mentor and always offered  honest clear feedback. She truly helped clarify things for me when I had questions and provided authentic encouragement. Dana has a rich background in both UX and visual design so her feedback was very helpful for me on multiple levels. I am so grateful to this great team!

After this wonderful experience, I am looking forward to the UI Design and Voice Specializations!

Thanks CareerFoundry!

• Marvin Valarezo • UX Researcher • Student

Tutor and mentors are very good at breaking down your assignments and showcasing weaknesses and strengths. Sessions provide great constructive criticism with clear ways of improving. Only caveat of the course is that you do have a time limit to complete assignments and if you go over you will need to request an extension and pay more. But the site breaks down completion date very well so that you can plan the pace you need to finish the course.