careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (1202) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Digital Marketing Program

Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a digital marketer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two marketing professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics and finish as an expert in digital marketing with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews. With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our Digital Marketing Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.
    Climb Credit, Ascent Funding
    Refund / Guarantee14 days
    Minimum Skill LevelNo marketing experience is required.
    Prep WorkNo prep work is required.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • Cici.Y • Graduate

I took a full certified ux design courses, which took me a whole year to finish (including career prep courses). I switched my career and had no design background at all, but I managed to land a ux job within 3 months after graduation. I have to say that CareerFoundry provides a lot of great foundation knowledge for ux design and the teachers are very nice.  My tutor was Jonny who gave me great advice and encouragements during my UX studies, and my mentor Leah who mentored me through my “UI for UX” specialization courses. She is always there for me even when the courses are finished. When I was about to graduate , she even gave me some personal projects to do and it helped me build my portfolio with real clients.  My career advisor Sami always reached out to me and taught me many useful tips about interviewing and job searching. CareerFoundry also has a platform on slack so all students and teachers can communicate there freely admins support each other. However, only focus on the Curriculum is not enough, students might end up having 2-3 projects on the portfolio after graduation from CareerFoundry, but in real world, companies want to see some projects with real clients. If anyone who wants to get a job after graduaiton, he needs to work hard and improves skills after school, looks for clients to work on real projects.  and sacrifices his leisure time. CareerFoundry also advised what to do after graduation. They have done the best they can and I’m glad and grateful that through CF I become a real designer.

• Zahid Patel • Student

The UX course is challenging and highly insightful. With the help of my wonderful tutor, menotor, and career specialist, I'm feeling very confident and ready to transition my career into the field of UX. Thanks, CareerFoundry!

• Kasia • Student

I had a lot of fun with the course. It's really engaging and motivating. I was worrying that doing e-learning would be hard but since the course is really practical it was actually quite easy for me to stay focused. I would recommend it to everybody who wants to get some insights into the UX.

• Leigha Miceli • Website Designer • Student

I am taking the UX design course and really think its doing a great job at preparing me for the industry. My mentor and tutor are always available and extremelly helpful at guiding me in the right direction. I would reccomend this course to anyone looking to break into the field!

• Etien Dan • UX Designer • Student

The UX course I made at CareerFoundry was a great experience for me. When I started the Course, I was a little bit skeptical about the online learning method but after I completed the first task, I observed that the structure it's very well done and it teaching me on a logical and easy to understand way. The exercises are building on each other so I observed automatically when I misunderstood a part of the subject. During the course, I observed the possibilities, I will have after completing it, that was also a great motivator for me.

My Advisor, Mentor, and Tutor helped me a lot with good tips and tricks. They judge my tasks anytime honestly and objectively.

I'm happy about the decision to make this course and I'm proud to be able to tell that I'm a UX Designer with a lot of skills that will help me in my future career.

Thank's CareerFoundry!

Etien Dan - 16.05.2019

• Patrick Caire • Graphic Designer / UX • Student

I really learned a lot from doing the UI course for UX Designers on CF. It is well structured and very informative. Furthermore the mentorship system works well and I got valuable feedback from an accomplished professional in the field.

Patrick

• Ekaterina • Student

I am a current student on Online UI design course. Online education fits in my life just perfect. The course content is easy and interesting to read and the team is very knowledgeable.
    The team never leave you alone and help you on your way. I got a tutor who responds on my submission super fast, giving me very detailed feedback about my work so I can move on. Also, I got an experienced and knowledgeable Mentor who helps me with my achievements. His feedback helps me to polish my portfolio so It looks stunning for the potential employers. I got my personal career specialist who helps me with my career change and student advisor who helps me if I have any questions about the studying process.
    AND what is very important for me - CareerFoundry guaranty the job placement within 6 months! Isn't it amazing? But, to be honest, the UI course is so voluminous and Job Preparation course is so useful, so I am more than sure at the end of the course I can find a job easily because I will have a strong resume and outstanding portfolio.
    I highly recommend this course!

• I recommend it
    - 5/4/2019
    José M. Rodríguez • Developer Analyst • Graduate

CarrerFoundry is an excellent place where you can learn, do networking and prepare to look for work.

• Worth it!
    - 4/18/2019
    Kazi Wahaj • Student

So I took the UI course. It was very informative, well structured and went very well with all the support I had throughout the course with my mentor, tutor, career advisor and the student advisors. I came across very cool people over on slack. It gave me motivation to be as good as those amazing designers over there. All in all, take this course yesterday! 😁

• Adrienne

After working in careers I enjoyed but didn't feel challenged by, I decided to make the switch to UX design.  A thorough researcher, I looked around a lot before deciding on Career Foundry.  I'm really glad I did for a number of reasons.

Firstly, their curriculum is on point.  Each lesson targets diverse, but vital topics in UX.  It's project-based so you end up building your portfolio as you go, and most importantly, they've included a job preparation course that I honestly think anyone - regardless of whether they're in UX or not - should have access to as it's very psychology-based and works to guide you to your true job purpose and goals.

Overall, it's been a wonderful experience and I'm confident that when I finish I will have no problem finding a job in UX with the skills I've already acquired.

• Jill Danielel Liao • Graduate

Hi! I just wanna say that this is one of the major decisions I've done in my life to study again at age 24 when some of my friends are already at the peak of their career. Careerfoundry helped my by equipping me with the education I needed and made sure that I get on track with the help of a Mentor and Tutor. Their Mentos and Tutors are really great and patient which is what you need when you get into a tech course because a lot of times you'll feel stuck and down but with their help you'll get to the finish line.

• Highly Recommended
    - 4/18/2019
    Dipak Marques • UI Designer • Student

I highly recommend the course, It's packed with information but they deliver it in an easily digestible way and without it feeling overwhelming, the course as a task for every exercise you complete ensuring that you learn by actually doing instead of just reading. My instructors were great, they have helped across my journey, they provided great information on what I was doing and how to improve and sources to learn more from. The only reason I gave curriculum 4 stars, is because I would've liked to see more videos, the course still has some. All in all, it's a great course!