careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.63

all (786) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (32) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

Data Visualization, Excel, Data Analytics , SQL, Python
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

AngularJS, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Algorithms, Node.js, Front End, Scrum, Agile, SQL, MVC, REST
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

HTML, JavaScript, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

HTML, JavaScript, Design, User Experience Design, Front End
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UX design
    - 7/3/2020
    Very well structured, good tutors. There is one thing I could change: more UI design and more about how to work in design programs before designing wireframes and prototypes tasks.
    I finished my UX course last week and it was a great experience despite the corona-times. I like the overall course structure. The information is cut into manageable chunks and everything is very nice organized in the dashboard with good typography and enough space. As a visual designer, I enjoy every time I open my dashboard. Good job!
    It was the best online course I took so far, comparing to moodle or any other e-learning platforms Careerfoundry's learning platform is a huge step forward in many ways!
    I felt always supported by the Student Advisers, my Tutor, and Mentors as well as by amazing Slack community, which is a wonderful networking tool. Special thanks to my career mentor, who is always calm and up to the point during our Skype calls.
    At the end of the course, I have lots of materials and an online portfolio, which I am filling with the content and polishing right now for job hunting. Good luck to me! :D

Pros:
    Support, the structure of the learning materials, the nice and easy language in the exercises, human communication, theoretical and practical know-how, online community, networking, open to any feedback.

Cons:
    The lengths of the course could be a bit shorter, but it's a minor point.
    Not possible to choose your course mentor/tutor.

Hello,

I am a first-timer to Career Foundry and was looking to a career change. I just finished my first course and so far I am enjoying and the team is really helpful. The tutors and mentors are quick and prompt to reply and guiding. The course is much structured and really prepares you well.

But, since I am from the healthcare industry I am driven by personal connection and online learning is naive to me. So, reading everything online is a little difficult for me. I was hoping to have more online videos and tutors connection so that I know what I am reading, I am understanding right and getting it right. However, assignments provide that but one lecture once a week or quick online direct lessons with video chatting could be one option.

Thanks for listening to us!

I'm about half way done with the entire course and I'm already extremely impressed with the quality of the mentors and course material! You get to build complex project that will make you job ready. Even though I'm not done yet, I'm already starting the Job Prep course. The amount of career support alone is worth the money!

Nothing but stellar.

A whole team of mentors, a big online community, and so many resources along the way.

Structured lessons, very constructive feedback, and applicable projects that will make me viable on the job market.

From day one CareerFoundry and its team has helped me learn so much.i was not sure how the course would be but its well structured and guides you step by step making the whole journey easy.i am looking forward to learn more and for the new opportunities.

I’ve came across the CareerFoundry through Insta ads - how cliche :) And after throwing it out as a possible option, mainly because I was sceptical about online learning, it came back to me as the perfect gift. The CF did a really good job of building the whole platform. Learning materials are educative, yet never boring or hard to go through. Besides what it maters is the practical work and that counts in the real world the most. And 90% of the work is that. You are also never alone throughout the course, while there is a Student advisory team, a Tutor, a Mentor and a Community of other students always available to support and enciurage you at all times. I would sincerly and dearly recommend it to take this leap. And no, noone is paying me to say this :)

I’m almost through my UX Immersion course at CareerFoundry and i’m excited to get back into the work force as a UX Designer. The course has been amazing. The instructors and mentors have been incredibly supportive (not to mention my fellow students). I would whole heartedly recomend this course to anyone interested in UX or UI Design. You will not regret it.

I'm just about done with the 6 month UI Design Course. It's been a lot of fun and challenging. The staff is great. You always have access to a Student Advisor, your Tutor, your Mentor, the student community via Slack and a Career Specialist (when you're halfway through the course). You get out of it what you put into it. Take advantage of those support systems especially when you need it most!

I haven't worked with the Job Assistance portion of the course yet so I can't comment but I've met my Career Specialist and she's pretty awesome.

• Anonymous • Product Designer • Graduate

My experience at CareerFoundry was completely positive. It's a 100% online course designed for you to be able to go at your own pace. I worked part time and was able to complete my CareerFoundry course on time. I came from a Graphic Design background, so the course came more naturally to me than most people, BUT do NOT let that discourage you from enrolling! I think it is an excellent alternative to learning design at a much more affordable price than a college course. For anyone considering taking an online course, I would reccomend it! There are 6 modules each (for UI Design course at least) with about 9 exercises you complete in each module. You also have about 6 or so calls with your tutor/mentor to help you along the way with any questions and to see where you are in the course. The job guarantee is real. You have to complete the job prep course in order to qualify, but it's totally worth it. I got hired for a job in Phoenix, AZ about 1-2 months after I graduated. I honestly didn't do anything super special. So many people say networking is the way you get a job, but I don't think that's the only way you can get hired. I just spent about 1 to 3 hours every day researching (important) and applying to jobs online that I was INTERESTED in. I did exactly what my mentor told me to do with my portfolio (important af, seriously), resume, and cover letter when applying. It paid off. I got relocation expenses completely covered, and now I'm working at the best tech company you could imagine. Do CareerFoundry, you won't regret it.

Half a year ago, the startup that I'd been working at for 3 years had to shut its doors. At the time, I wasn't quite ready to search for a new job right away. I wanted to take some time off and learn new skills with the hopes of having more options and potential for upward mobility when I returned to the workforce. I also wanted to do something that would allow me to be more creative in my next line of work. A week later, I saw an add for a UX Design course offered by CareerFoundry.

I'd been wanting to get into the design world for some time at that point, so I took it upon myself to call CF and get all of the information. After several conversations with their career specialists, it became clear to me that UX design was the career change I'd been wanting to make for some time.

I enrolled in the course and was lucky enough to receive financial support from the German government. Over the next 3 months, I put all of my energy into completing the online UX Design course. It wasn't easy, but after completing the course I now feel that I have the confidence, knowledge and skills to work in the field of UX Design.

I've never been one for online courses, but the way CareerFoundry has organized their curriculum makes easy for anyone to stay motivated and on track. The lessons are thorough, well organized and feel relevant for today's job market. I always felt like I was learning things that had real value, and would be immediately applicable to the job environment.

The support from their mentors is a huge help, too. Never once during the entire course did I feel like I was alone, there was always somebody there to help. They also have a Slack channel with various groups so students can communicate, share feedback and work together on projects. I really felt (and still feel) like I was part of a community, and that made for a great learning experience.

Once I finished the course, I took advantage of their 'Job Prep Course', which is available to students who complete the UX Design course. For the three weeks that followed, I worked with their career specialists to refine my resume, create a portfolio and receive mentorship on things like how to network, how to search for jobs effectively, how to prepare for an interview and more...

For anyone considering getting into UX Design, I would 100% recommend looking into this course.