careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (996) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Course
    - 6/2/2021
    Sabrina  User Photo
    Sabrina • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started my course in Jan 2021 and 6 months in, I can say that I have learned a lot!

My favourite things about the course:
    - The curriculum is well defined and structured. Each topic is explained clearly, with context and examples. When using tools, you will have a tutorial to follow on the side
    - Tutor + Mentor feature is helping me progress and understand more than what it’s explained in the course. Moreover, I get repeated feedback, support and help with whatever hurdles I come across
    - Resources and examples: each chapter has a task you have to submit. You always have a breakdown of things you need to include in your assignment plus examples of successful tasks. This helps a lot if you don’t know where to start from or tend to overthink stuff.

Improvement points:
    - This is purely subjective, put some parts of the course would be more helpful if they had video explainers next to them

• Sarah  User Photo
    Sarah • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started the Intro to UX Design course with CareerFoundry in February and continued full-time with the UX Immersion thereafter. Ever since I began, I have really loved the course content and enjoy how it is laid out in a way that I can progress at my own pace with the great support of my tutor, mentor, and student advisors. It's great to be using the course content and putting what I've learned into practice all the time with the course project. It goes from one steady step to the next and allows me to feel that it is a continuous process building from one lesson to the next. I'm really looking forward to completing the course and being able to present my work in the form of a portfolio.
  • Sheridan  User Photo
    Sheridan • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I made the difficult decision to leave my job and embark on a career change into UX design with Career Foundry. I was initially unsure which program to enroll in, but I ultimately chose CF because of its affordable price, compared to other Bootcamps on the market. The best part of the program is the access you get to professional mentors and your career mentor. I found the career mentor to be especially helpful as I began my job search. Five months after starting the program, I landed a senior UX design role. I believe that recently graduating with an MBA played a big part here, but I also couldn't have done it without the portfolio that I built in the CF program. CF is a good program for people who are highly motivated to put in work, inside and outside of the classroom, to make their dreams a reality.
  • UX course
    - 5/27/2021
    Nour  User Photo
    Nour • UX designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Honestly, this course deserves full marks in every category. I was skeptical at first, but once I started on my first day and was able to interact with others, check the curriculum and even jump into the course - I loved it. You are supported every step of the way and the tutor, mentors and specialist genuinely help you and go overboard to make sure you are confident and ready for the professional life. I would 100% recommend it (and actually have been since I started haha)

Benefits:
    - It's a community, I was able to connect with people from all over the world that instantly click with me because we are all going through the same career change phase.
    -Community help, that means any questions, bumps, even emotional breakdowns you may have.. are instantly met with answers, and support. I was able to ask awkward questions in regards to salary and how to deal with recruiters by so many individuals with similar experiences...
    -The course is so detailed, and so informative that I felt very prepared in my interviews and was even asked once by a senior design how did I learn all this in less than a year..
    - the mentors.. That alone should be in a category on its own. They are amazing. I was blessed in every course with amazing mentors that responded so quickly to any question I have. Some even went beyond and would schedule emergency calls with me if I needed help before an interview (even on their family day!) and they really made it a point that my success is not graduating - it's finding a job I like and maintaining it. Their goal is your future success.

Cons:
    - I wish there were more social events in which they would help us meet up if we're in the same city. There are some groups that do that but mainly students organized it themselves. But this is very minor and more of an added value.
  • UX Design
    - 5/20/2021
    Ken  User Photo
    Ken • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started the UX Design course in as I need a career change when COVID hit.
    As with starting anything new, there is always this uncertainty-factor; Will this really be something for me? Will I be able to commit to studying again for 6 months? etc...
    What I really liked was Careerfoundry's free short introduction course where you get an email every day for a week with a brief introduction on the some of the UX & Design principles and some ideas on what the daily life of a UX professional looks like.
    This definitely helped me in making the final decision to choose UX Design.

Now the courses itself are well thought out and put together in a logical way. I had a great tutor guiding me along the way and who was available to me whenever I had questions about a certain topic.
    In every lesson we got familiar with a new concept, workflow, design process and at the end of each lesson, a task given to immediately put this new knowledge to test.
    I really like this practical, hands-on and project based way of studying.
    At the end of every chapter (Achievement), your mentor, a UX professional with years of experience, gives feedback on your results from said chapter.
    I firmly believe that the guidance and support of both my tutor and mentor have played a crucial role in finishing the UX Design course.
    Additionaly, you are also added to CF's Slack community, a great place to talk about anything design and even more importantly, give and get feedback to fellow students!

At the end of the course, you have a solid understanding of the design thinking process and all steps that come with it, you will feel comfortable using design software such as Balsamiq, Sketch, Figma, XD, etc.... and most importantly, you will have created a beautiful portfolio piece about the project you decided to design.
    There's also a Job Preparation course which becomes available to you upon 50% completion of the course.
    As a career changer or when you're looking to get your first job with little to no experience in the professional world of design, this is a great support to prepare you for job interviews, map out your career and career preferences and polish your portfolio.

If you've got a problem-solving attitude and you can deal with getting all kinds of feedback (this is somewaht at the heart of every design process!), I can highly recommend CareerFoundry's UX Design course!

• Vicente Veras  User Photo
    Vicente Veras • UI Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am really impressed and extremely satisfied with CareerFoundry's UI Design Program. My course was divided into 6 Achievements with an average of 9 exercises per module, and from the start I could already notice that I would be learning real and relevant skills.

The course is planned in a way that each exercise gives you a theory lesson plus a task to practice the theory you've just learned. This gives the student a sense of moving up and evolving throughout the course and also to really feel that they're understanding what is being taught.

I was also glad to see that all the subjects and content are up-to-date and there's a lot of external material for the students to consult to better inform themselves about the concepts that are being explained.

Plus, they're system of learning and working on tasks makes the students feel more confident as the course progresses, and the resulting portfolio feels like an accomplishment the student can be proud of.

I also have high praises for both my mentor, my tutor and my career specialist. All of them helped me better understand the concepts and the tasks, gave me relevant and motivational feedback and helped me feel more confident by the end of the program.

Last but not least: CareerFoundry's Slack Community was the cherry on top of the cake. I've met several other students and alumni there, expanded my network, was able to exchange precious knowledge and took part in several webinars with valuable industry insights.
  • Valentin  User Photo
    Valentin • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm currently doing the UI Design Program at CareerFoundry and am very happy with it!

The courses are clear and very well documented. The best part is having a tutor and a mentor supporting you throughout your journey and their insights on the working world are priceless.

I would highly recommend CareerFoundry to anyone redirecting their careers towards UI or UX Design.
  • J Harvey  User Photo
    J Harvey • Senior Art Director • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am now 3/4 way through this course. It's been great, really enjoyable and I feel confident with the concepts I'm learning. I did research before choosing CareerFoundry and am glad I went with them. Mentors and Tutors have been fantastic too, really helpful and encouraging.
  • Sarah McCormick  User Photo
    Sarah McCormick • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This is a good course for introduction to UX Design. I will say that the initial sets of assessments were very basic and a little bit frustrating to have to go through as I did not feel they taught me anything.  In the end though, it is a good course.  I feel that it would benefit from more videos and some instruction on how to use the platforms that they are telling you to use for the boot camp's deliverables.
    Response From: Victoria of CareerFoundry
    Title: Program Advisor
    Sunday, Jun 06 2021
     Hi Sarah,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are sorry that your experience did not match your expectations, and we are always open to feedback in order to improve the product we offer. We would very much like the opportunity to investigate your case further.

Could you please contact us at feedback@careerfoundry.com

We look forward to hearing from you and addressing the points raised.

Best regards,

Your CareerFoundry Team
  • Elo  User Photo
    Elo • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was looking for a new path in my career. I studied fashion design but I have always been interested in research and to apply design to find solutions. I found career foundry when I was looking for new options and I decided to study with them because of the support of your mentors and Tutors, it’s easier to make an important change if you are supported by professional people.
  • UX Design course
    - 5/19/2021
    Idara Ubong  User Photo
    Idara Ubong • Applicant • Verified via LinkedIn
    CareerFoundry tutors are very detailed and helpful. I feel like the courses give me all the resources I need to become a UX designer. I am about 75% done with the course. The tutors and the job strategy coaches make me feel confident that I can go into the UX world!
  • UX Designer
    - 5/5/2021
    Alice Ruiz  User Photo
    Alice Ruiz • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am loving the program from Career foundry it has helped me a lot develop the skills I need to become a UX Designer. The tutor and mentor are qualified people who always give me feedback on all my tasks. I truly recommend the course.