careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (1220) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Digital Marketing Program

Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a digital marketer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two marketing professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics and finish as an expert in digital marketing with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews. With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our Digital Marketing Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.
    Climb Credit, Ascent Funding
    Refund / Guarantee14 days
    Minimum Skill LevelNo marketing experience is required.
    Prep WorkNo prep work is required.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • Awesome Course!
    Yuko Shiozaki  User Photo
    Yuko Shiozaki • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have been taking the UI Design course since Nov 2021. It only has been 3 months now but I’m learning tons about UI Design. Their curriculum totally makes sense to me and it comes in very smoothly to my head. My tutor and mentor are awesome people who give me pin point advices and suggestions. When I have any questions regarding my tooling issue, UX, UI, and career, they are the people come up to my mind first now and they are very reliable answering my questions.
    I am satisfied with this course so far and I can’t wait for more.
  • Christian  User Photo
    Christian • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience overall was great. I’ve learned so much not only about UX, but the industry as a whole and my potential career path as a new designer on 2022.

Learning The Tools:
    Although my experience was smooth and progressed in a good linear fashion, I can see how it may be slightly different for some others. For context, I came into the program with some prior knowledge about the various tools used to create the fancy phone mock-ups and animations. For a completely new person, there might be a learning curve as CF doesn’t go too in-depth on how these programs can be used.

Advice For New Students:
    Essentially what I’m getting at is that, you have to do research outside of what CF actually teaches. Be proactive in expanding your learning on top of each section. The good thing is they provide many links in each task to expand your knowledge. And I highly recommend you read each one. And on top of that watch CF’s YouTube videos.

Course Critique For CF:
    I don’t have many but the main one has to be with the example project within the course “Fisherly”. It seemed very “half done”. Each example deliverable didn’t seem like it would pass in a real world situation. Maybe it was purposefully simplified to not overwhelm students. But In my opinion, I want to see a seasoned designer genuinely go through the process of making a project that they actually put on their portfolio. Just so that I understand what a well done case study actually looks like, instead of having to find my own examples online.

Overall:
    Don’t be afraid of this review, the positives I have for this course heavily out way the critiques. In all honesty the community and support system within CF are top tier and can make your experience 10x better if you’re proactive.
  • Data Analytics
    - 1/18/2022
    Stefan Riess   User Photo
    Stefan Riess • Data Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I recently started out the Data Analytics course with Careerfoundry. From the beginning until now[I'm in the middle of the course] I always felt well taken care of, either by my Student Advisors, my Tutor especially and my Mentor as well as other Students within the Community. I started with near to no knowledge about Dara Analysis and 3 month in the course im analysing Data in Excel, creating visualizations in Tableau and prepare presentations. Im overall happy about that I made the decision to go with Careerfoundry!
  • Mrs
    Samantha   User Photo
    Samantha • Interaction designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I think the CareerFoundry's UX course is great. The self-learning course content is highly relevant and the support from the Tutors and Mentors is very helpful in staying motivated. There is also a large student community so connecting with students with who'm you can collaborate with on tasks and ask general questions makes the learning experience more enjoyable.
  • Web Developer
    Zlatan Kopic  User Photo
    Zlatan Kopic • Web Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Great experience!. I recommend CareerFoundry to anyone who is looking for a flexible schedule and a community of support. Many thanks for the help I received from my tutor and mentor.
  • My experience
    Mima  User Photo
    Mima • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I was really hyped about the beginning, and it was amazing. I started first as a private student, but then I got Buildungsgutschein (if you are unemployed and live in Germany, check it out!) and started again, but I could resubmitted tasks that are done so far (which is cool). But I was assigned to another Tutor and Mentor.
    So the biggest advantage of CF is that it has 2 (later 3) persons that are in constant contact with you: your tutor, mentor and career specialist(that comes later, after you've done 51% of the course). I really really really love my mentor. She is so funny and full of great advices and I think we just flipped. She is telling me about the job preparation, what can I improve, what should I be relaxed about, what can I read/listen to/watch. Amazing person, who always makes my day!
    And tutor, who I'm in okay relationship.
    You have 6 achievements, which are divided into several tasks (7-11). They can require from 1-3h until 7-9h to be done.
    All in all, I like it because I am the one responsible for the time management, for how I'm gonna organize my day, studies, breaks. I really love that. And also, I've learn so much not only about UX but about myself too.
    The con can be that you are paired with a person that is not an inspiring one to you. But even that you can manage- either say it to Student Advisor (they are there to make everything flow easily) or change your point of view/ expectations.
    All in all, I would recommended! For sure.
  • Miguel  User Photo
    Miguel • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am halfway into the course and loving the experience so far! The big emphasis on React during the course, also influenced my decision a lot, as it was something I wanted to learn for a long time. Was also looking for a longer Bootcamp (no 2/3 months) so CareerFoundry was the perfect match :) I would recommend it!
  • Great course!
    - 12/20/2021
    Michael Flohrschuetz  User Photo
    Michael Flohrschuetz • Web developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The course was great! I learned so much. The help from my tutor and mentor was invaluable, as well as the career / job preparation coaching. I particularly loved how many of the tasks were structured very similarly as they would in a "real live" job scenario, starting with user stories, to creating kanban boards etc.
  • UI Design Program
    - 12/17/2021
    Andy W  User Photo
    Andy W • UI Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Learn all of the skills, tools, and processes you need to become a UI designer
  • Ryan C.  User Photo
    Ryan C. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm currently enrolled in CareerFoundry's full stack web development program. All of the learning is on-demand, and you are provided a tutor to review daily tasks and a mentor to review projects and have regular Skype calls with. The program is flexible, so you can work whatever hours you want at whatever pace you want, which is the big draw for me. I'm half-way through and am satisfied with the skills that the program is developing in me. I haven't yet started my job search so I cannot comment on the job assistance.
  • Stine Schreiber  User Photo
    Stine Schreiber • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am super happy I was able to take the UX Immersive course with a Bildungsgutschein from the german jobcenter. During the course you work on two portfolio projects, one is short to get an overview about the process and one is more detailed. This helped me a lot to practice UX methods and get confident with different software. You get assigned to a Tutor and a Mentor who help with tasks, software and provide support when you get stuck. There is also a Career spezialist to prepare for the job application phase and a slack community to reach out for various questions. I would highly recommend school!
  • Rebekah Gallop  User Photo
    Rebekah Gallop • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    CareerFoundry has been an engaging and fun experience. The content is highly relevant and easy to do self-directed. I appreciate the examples of student work they include which help me understand if I'm on the right path. In addition, every task is working towards something that could be in a portfolio but broken up into small chunks so that it is not overwhelming and helps keep you motivated to keep working. The tutors and mentor have been amazing! They respond to my questions quickly and give detailed feedback. I recommend CareerFoundry to anyone due to the support, curriculum, and the fact that is all comes at an affordable price that is hard to beat.