careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (1220) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Digital Marketing Program

Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to become a digital marketer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two marketing professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Digital Marketing, Digital Marketing Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics and finish as an expert in digital marketing with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews. With 96% of our eligible graduates successfully landing jobs within six months of graduation, we’re confident about the quality and effectiveness of our process. Graduate from our Digital Marketing Program, follow our job search guidelines, and you’ll land a job in the field within 180 days of graduation—or your money back.
    Climb Credit, Ascent Funding
    Refund / Guarantee14 days
    Minimum Skill LevelNo marketing experience is required.
    Prep WorkNo prep work is required.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • Web development
    - 3/23/2022
    Edie salas miller  User Photo
    Edie salas miller • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    A self paced full stack web development program, it has been great for my busy schedule and I find the readings in depth and comprehensible. I feel confident and when i dont my tutor is always there to break things down for me.
    - 3/23/2022
    Mark Regini  User Photo
    Mark Regini • Student • Student Verified via GitHub
    A wonderful, self-driven course on a variety of technical skills. You're able to work on it on your time, and your pace, with no need to stress on deadlines!
  • UI Design
    - 3/10/2022
    Giulia  User Photo
    Giulia • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The UI Design program at CareerFoundry is organised in 6 different sections that help students to get skills on various aspects of visual design and user experience for app and websites. Students can count on the daily support of a tutor who reviews tasks during the week plus an extra feedback from a different advisor for broader projects. CareerFoundry staff is friendly and and efficient and throughtout the course students are provided with tons of extra links and material to widen their knowledge on the field autonomouly and "do the extra mile".
  • Christina  User Photo
    Christina • Senior Commercial Analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    The course content is great and very varied. Some of the instructions are not entirly clear however and can lead to confusion. Also, some of the provided datasets in the Python module are too large for a normal person's PC to process which leads to memory issues and ultimately delays progress with the course.
  • Felicia Gonzalez  User Photo
    Felicia Gonzalez • Sales Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Im learning a lot in Career Foundry’s UX program. The tutors and mentors have been great and I am happy about the program and the job placement assistance , I’m only halfway through the coursework but am now eligible to get support from a career specialist as my main goal is to change careers with my new found knowledge.
  • UI Design Program
    Kristin  User Photo
    Kristin • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I started the UI Design program with CareerFoundry in December 2021, on track to finish by September (I'm doing a part-time track) and I'm loving my experience so far. I'm a nanny with a fine arts background, and really wanted a career change, but I wasn't sure which direction to go. I spoke with some friends with similar backgrounds and experiences who decided to go the tech route (some programmers, some UX designers) with either CF or similar bootcamps. They've since finished their programs and are in awesome jobs now- so I can definitely see myself in their position someday soon! CF's course material is packed with helpful info and tons of resources, and there's some basic UX material in the UI course. My mentor and tutor are both immensely supportive and communicative. I've also been seeking networking opportunities both within CF's Slack community and on my own, which has been a wonderful experience. If you're thinking about making a career shift and UI or UX design seems like something you could see yourself doing, sign up and take the Intro course! If you decide it isn't for you, you can get a full refund. They're one of the most affordable bootcamps, but the quality of their programs is amazing! Plus the job gaurentee also really eased my anxiety about making this jump. I'm working part-time and completing my program, which is difficult sometimes, but my only regret is that I didn't start sooner! I literally have nothing negative to say about my experience. It's a lot of work but if you're determined to learn, I highly recommend CareerFoundry and their wonderful and helpful team.
  • Worth it!
    Jaime L.  User Photo
    Jaime L. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I just finished the Intro to UX Design course and will be starting in the Immersive soon. I have really enjoyed the course so far and I’m excited to go even deeper in the immersive. My tutor and my mentor are both so engaged and excited about what they do that it’s hard to not feel excited every day to learn more. The student advisors are also great; very professional and kind, and overall the communication with everyone has been quick and easy. I researched a lot of other courses before deciding on CareerFoundry and was nervous to take the leap but I can say wholeheartedly that this decision was the right one for me and it’s going to change my life. I have no background in UX and I am still able to quickly understand the course curriculum. I will post another review when I graduate but I highly recommend CareerFoundry already.

• Nadia  User Photo
    Nadia • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm really enjoying my UX program at CareerFoundry. the deciding factor was the tutor, mentor, and career coach support. I am also getting support from fellow students. all of this has made it possible for me to excel in the course while working full time. I definitely recommend career foundry!
  • Flo  User Photo
    Flo • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I’m just over half way through my UX Bootcamp but overall have had a great experience so far. I’m already excited to begin the job search knowing I’ve received help and feedback from so many industry professionals. I enjoy the self paced learning style which still allows for helpful and quick feedback from tutors and mentors. I’d definitely recommend CareerFoundry
  • UX Design course
    Shanza khan  User Photo
    Shanza khan • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I’m enrolled in the UX design certification for the last 9 months. I have no design background and yet now I can say that I can design. The overall course content is very well organized and delivered. The tutor that I’m working with is amazing and super knowledgeable in his field. The mentor truly mentors. What else one can ask for.
    The course although is on a pricey end but with instalments it’s bearable.
    I’m rating 3 stars on job assistance because I’m unsure about it as haven’t been through that process yet. But it’s important to mention that I’ve been assigned a career counsellor now.
    Highly recommended
  • Valentino Masala  User Photo
    Valentino Masala • Junior UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've started this Bootcamp because I wanted to put my 110% in my passions and I thought CareerFoundry could help me with that. After a couple of weeks, I realized that it was the best choice of my life! I really enjoyed the course, the support (tutor, mentor, professional mentor, and colleagues) and I can say without a doubt that it's the best investment you can make. In only 2 months after my Bootcamp finished, I found the job I was looking for. It's a dream and it's everything thanks to these wonderful people that strive to help others achieve their dreams.
  • Ui Program
    - 1/19/2022
    Lucas Crispim   User Photo
    Lucas Crispim • Server • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    So far I am in love with this course. This allows me to still work full time and go on my pace.