careerfoundry-logo

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry

CareerFoundry is an online bootcamp that offers flexibly paced programs for career changers in web development, UX design, UI design, and data analytics. Headquartered in Berlin but with a global student base, CareerFoundry has provided tech education since 2013. CareerFoundry combines the flexibility of online learning with the guidance of mentors and tutors through their dual mentorship model, training students to become job-ready in four to 12 month or their money back.

All programs cover the in-demand job skills required as well as real-world tools employed by professionals in the field. The 7-month Web Development Program explores HTML, CSS, JavaScript, API building, server-side development, test-driven development, progressive web apps, native app development, and more and covers how and when to use industry-standard tools including Atom, GitHub, Node, React, Angular, Vue, and Bootstrap and more. The 10-month UX Design Course explores the entire UX design process including ​user​ ​research​ ​and​ ​testing,​ ​rapid​ ​prototyping,​ ​iterative design,​ ​interaction​ ​design,​ ​responsive​ ​design,​ ​and visual​ ​design​, and covers the tools ​​Balsamiq,​ ​Sketch, Figma, ​InVision and more. The 6-month UI Design Program explores responsive design, visual design principles, designing for different platforms, wireframing, mockups, prototyping, testing, and UX design. It covers the tools Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Balsamiq, Figma and more. The 9-month Data Analytics Program explores statistical analysis and testing, data visualisation, data querying, predictive analysis and covers the programming language Python and tools Excel, TableauTableu, PostgreSQL and more.

All students will graduate with projects they can show to potential employers to ensure they land their first job. Web development students will create a simple portfolio website and a variety of apps, including a native app as well as a NoSQL database-driven React app complete with its own API. UX Design students work on three complete apps for their portfolio, choosing from various project options. UI Design students build a marketable portfolio that includes the UI for eight projects. Data analytics students work on six projects, covering designing and producing visualizations, dashboards, reports, presentations, and more.

Students have access to a dedicated Career Specialist who provides tailored coaching for job hunting and interviewing. Graduates of the program who do not land a job within six months of graduating are eligible for a full refund.

No previous experience is required to apply for the programs. Students should have access to a computer and an internet connection, and an interest in the topic they are planning to study. Students apply via the CareerFoundry website by connecting with an advisor who can talk through their options. Students will need to pay a deposit to secure their place, then complete the required pre-work before the program commences.

Recent CareerFoundry Reviews: Rating 4.67

all (995) reviews for CareerFoundry →

Recent CareerFoundry News

Read all (34) articles about CareerFoundry →
  • Data Analytics Program

SQL, Python, Excel, Data Visualization, Data Analytics
    In this program, you'll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a data analyst—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two data professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three parts: Intro to Data Analytics, Data Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in data analytics with a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified data analyst.
    Full tuition available through our partner Skills Fund
    Tuition PlansContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for tuition plans and pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    Refund / GuaranteeTwo week trial period—cancel and receive a full refund. Job guarantee available for eligible applicants.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to learn about scholarships offered.
  • Full-Stack Web Development Program

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, Agile, Algorithms, AngularJS, Git, MongoDB, MVC, Node.js, React.js, REST, Scrum, SQL
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a web developer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two web development professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into three four parts: Intro to Frontend Development, Full-Stack Immersion, and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in web development with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified web developer.
    Financing available via SkillsFund
    Tuition Plans7 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • UI Design Program

Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program, you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UI designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UI professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UI Design, UI Immersion, your choice of one specialization (Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design or Animation for UI Designers), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UI Design with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio with real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UI designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Minimum Skill LevelNone required
  • UX Design Program

User Experience Design, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript
    In this program you’ll learn all the job skills, tools, and processes you need to break into your new career as a UX designer—with a job guarantee to boot. You’ll receive individualized mentorship through our dual mentorship model that pairs you with not one but two UX professionals to support, advise, and give feedback throughout the program. The program is 100% online and flexibly-paced, and our curriculum is expert-authored and built entirely in-house, providing a rigorous, project-based, and adaptive learning experience. The full journey is split into four parts: Intro to UX Design, UX Immersion, your choice of one specialization (User Interface Design for UX Designers, Frontend Development for Designers, or Voice User Interface Design), and Job Preparation. This setup ensures you start out with the basics, and finish as an expert in UX with specialized knowledge and a professional portfolio of real-world projects to set you apart in the job market. You’ll also have a solid approach to your job search, and the ongoing support of our Career Services Team as you apply for jobs and prepare for interviews as a qualified UX designer.
    Financing available via Skills Fund
    Tuition Plans10 monthly instalments or an upfront fee. Contact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com for pricing in Euros and Pounds.
    ScholarshipContact us at olivia@careerfoundry.com to get a $500 scholarship.
  • Alberto  User Photo
    Alberto • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently completed my UX design course with Careerfoundry (get a 5% discount) and, I would like to share the answer to the 4 critical questions that I was looking for before I enrolled in the course.

• Is this course worth such a significant investment of money?
    • How’s the course in practice?
    • How’s the mentor and tutor supporting you?
    • What is the real advantage of doing a course with a job guarantee?

Is this course worth such a significant investment of money?

Many people have been asking me why I did not do a free or much cheaper online course. I probably could do it, and I believe that it is possible to start a successful career in UX design also with that type of course. However, I felt that the advantage of having a mentor and a tutor to support me, the warranty of an updated and quality proved curriculum, and the job warranty, have been fundamental in giving me the awareness that I was working in the right direction and, therefore, to keep me motivated until the end of my course. The fear that the course I would be doing may not have been enough to get in the UX job market, alongside the feeling that I could have wasted my time studying a course without many warranties, would most likely have stopped me in the process.

How is the course in practice?

The three different parts of the course are divided into achievements, where each achievement includes an average of 10 tasks to be completed. The fundamental course includes just one achievement, the immersion 6 achievements, and the UI specializations 2 achievements. Each task is estimated to require an average of 4/5 hours in total to be completed, but a few of them need more time. Each task usually consists of an initial reading that generally requires from 30 to 50 minutes. In support of each reading, you typically receive plenty of additional suggested resources if you wish to get deeper into the topic. After the reading, you have a straightforward quiz that needs to be done. Usually, it requires less than 5 minutes. Finally, you have to do your task for the topic. This can be anything from doing some user research, wireframing, or some exercise to help you understand the fundamentals of UX design. You will also get access to see three of the best tasks submitted by other students as an example, so you will have a more precise understanding of what is required to do in that specific task. Most of the tasks you will be doing will be part of the final project that you will include in your portfolio. Overall, you complete at least one different project for each of these phases. At the end you will come up with at least 3 projects on your final portfolio, which is what matters at the end when it is time to apply for jobs.

How’s the mentor and tutor supporting you?

The tutors are usually UX/UI designers with at least a couple of years of experience in the field, while the mentors are typically senior UX designers with plenty of experience. The tutor is the one who will approve all of your tasks and will be ready to assist you in any problem you may face while working on your assignments. This will be done through chat only, where they are usually replying to all of your questions in a few hours.With the mentor, however, the interactions are through video-chat. You have unlimited calls with the mentor, but I don’t think you will need more than once per week. I found myself also going through the course for two or three weeks without needing any call. The mentor will be the one that will approve the final task of each achievement and the one that should help you to orientate in the world of the UX design industry, sharing tips and advice for being successful in this field.

Other than the tutor and mentor, I found the Slack community created by Careerfoundry to be another great source of support. That is the ideal place to get connected with other students that perhaps are working on the same tasks as you. It is very helpful, especially when you may need feedback or collaborations with other people to complete the tasks.

What is the real advantage of doing a course with a job guarantee?

I admit that the job guarantee was one of the main reasons that convinced me to choose the Ux design course with Careerfoundry. This is because it gave me the feeling that I would always have a final winning situation in the end, with either ending up having a job or having done the course for free. Besides being an effective and powerful marketing strategy from the schools, I think the job guarantee is also a great advantage for students who want to enrol in this type of course with the final goal to land a new job. However, from my personal experience, I feel the real purpose and advantage of doing a course with the job guarantee are to give to the students the confidence they are working in the right direction following a solid method that will provide them with the right skills and knowledge to get started to work in the field. Overall this gives a strong motivation and focuses on working till the end of the course. In conclusion, I would suggest students to consider the job guarantee more as a guarantee of the quality of the course, more than a way to have an exit strategy in case they won’t find a job.

Pros

• Job warranty
    • Support from great tutor and mentor
    • Easy to connect with other students on Slack community
    • Final portfolio with 3 projects
    • Flexibility to study part-time or full time

Cons

• Expensive
    • Studying from home can feel alienating and lonely sometimes.
    • You may get a refund from the job warranty but still not have a job

If you think you want to study with Careerfoundry click here to get a 5% discount to any of their courses.

• Laura Rider-Hill   User Photo
    Laura Rider-Hill • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am currently in the UX Design Program at Career Foundry and I am very impressed with the program so far. I had never done UX before the program and I have learned so much since I started in December. The lessons are clear and well written and I have the best tutor and mentor to help me if I have any questions. Plus the courses are remote and can be taken from anywhere. I would highly recommend Career Foundry to anyone looking to learn new job skills!
  •  Briana ingrum  User Photo
    Briana ingrum • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have really been enjoying taking the ui course with career flu dart. My mentor has been very helpful with tips and useful information for the real world. Both my mentors give me great feedback to improve my work. I do wish the online course had more videos for references and other useful tips. I’m a visual learning and I think more videos would be helpful
  • Chelsea M.  User Photo
    Chelsea M. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Choosing between different online bootcamps was a difficult process because there are so many, but I'm so beyond happy I went with my gut and chose CareerFoundry's UI Design Program. The curriculum is very well thought out and allows you to build upon your skills along the way, so many resources are given to you so you can really go above and beyond what is required. I also love how flexible the program is, its self paced so you can move as fast as you want through the material and can take days off when needed. The tutors and mentors I've worked with (and really everyone I've met at CareerFoundry) are so unbelievably helpful,  friendly and knowledgeable. They really are there to support and help you and are willing to give you additional time and resources because they are so passionate about the space. I can't say enough great things about CareerFoundry!
  • Maciej  User Photo
    Maciej • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    So far I have learned a lot with the courses, but I must admit that it was a very short start and I often feel bored with the assignments. Some of the tasks are tedious and too simple and feel more like busy work than learning anything new. Of course it's understandable since people are at all different skill levels when they start, but the school would benefit maybe a little from being more flexible depending on previous knowledge of the student. Also, the school seems to concentrate only on XD/Sketch, but I think it would be useful for students to learn a little bit of other design software, such as Illustrator or InDesign.

Also, the majority of the learning process is reading long texts. They recently added a function in which there is audio of the text, but since they used computer AI instead of a real person reading it, there are many many mistakes in the audio. I think, the program would really benefit from switching to a video format. Especially since so much of what we are learning is visual.
  • CF UI course 2021
    - 7/14/2021
    JD  User Photo
    JD • Product manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I’m currently passed half way of my course and I’m enjoying every bit of it! I’m a product manager so UI/UX isn’t new to me, but I still learn so much from the course so far.  The tutor call feature is super helpful, and it doesn’t have a limit on how many calls I can do. Can’t wait to give another update once I finished the course and see how the job placement goes!
  • Mily  User Photo
    Mily • UX Design Student - Former Marketer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm currently just over halfway through my UX Design course. The course is nicely structured and great if you are self-driven. The most amazing part of the course for me is having access to my mentor, tutor and career specialist, that's where the value of the course is. I really recommend the course for the structure! You're able to have creative freedom with your course project, I really like how I can try something different
  • Ui/UX Designer
    - 7/14/2021
    Grant  User Photo
    Grant • Creative Director • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Career Foundry has been a great and challenging experience. They have really great team. I have a tutor and a mentor. My tutor works with me through the required tasks there are 10 or so in each course. The mentor is someone from the industry that checks the work at the end of the course. I would highly recommend this program to anyone interested in UI/UX! I am changing my career so if I can do it so can you!
  • Liana Rego  User Photo
    Liana Rego • UX Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I graduated from my UI Design course in April 2021. Within a month, I was able to land a design job in the FinTech industry. I have a background in healthcare as a nurse. I had the pleasure of being paired with Neha as my career specialist. She was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in providing guidance during my job hunting process - from resume building, optimizing my LinkedIn profile, to salary negotiations. I appreciated and trusted Neha’s background as a recruiter to get the roles that I wanted within a short period of time. My success story would not have happened if it were not the full support of all my design tutors, mentors, and career specialists at CareerFoundry. I fully recommend this program for anyone who wishes to enter the UX/UI design field.
  • Shramana Haldar  User Photo
    Shramana Haldar • Product Designer@EOS Nation • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have taken and completed Career Foundry's UX certification course this year. I found it super informative - way more beneficial than what I imagined. The course material is okay but I found the one to one mentorship most beneficial. I think it's worth the price and time, and if flexibility is what you are looking for, look no further. It took me almost a year to finish my course(because of full-time childcare responsibility and my freelance work) and this kind of structured course is perfect for someone with other commitments. I worked with Neha Hurpaul(my career specialist) and together with updated my resume and she guided me throughout the Job Preparation process. I interviewed with 18 different companies and I got my first job as a Product Designer after 3 months of job hunt. If you have self-discipline and determination, I would say go for it! You will have to put lot of work, do lot of research by yourself, attend online meetups, network on Linkedin. Good luck!
  • student
    - 7/2/2021
    Elizabeth Gahbler  User Photo
    Elizabeth Gahbler • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I'm studying UX Design and will finish in August. I'll then start a specialization in UI Design.
  • Jacob Johnson  User Photo
    Jacob Johnson • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am currently halfway through the UX design program, and I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking to do a bootcamp. Every teacher/mentor I have interacted with is very helpful and knowledgeable. The best part is that there is no filler content. They only teach you what you need to know to work as a UX designer.