<academia-de-código_>-logo

<Academia de Código_>

Average Rating4.94
240 Reviews
1 Course

Founded in Portugal in 2015, <Academia de Código_> is a social impact startup that offers 14-week intensive and immersive Full Stack Programming Bootcamps. Students are guided through the course by a team of instructors who are graduates of the bootcamp. <Academia de Código_> describes their teaching methods as "peculiar" and aimed at training students to write clean code.

<Academia de Código_>'s immersive programming bootcamps welcome beg...

240 <Academia de Código_> Reviews

• João Silva
    May 07, 2021

Life Changing

I'm very happy with how the experience turned out. It was pretty much everything they said it would be and I'm very happy with how much I learnt and how much I've improved in many aspects, from coding to teamwork and self-criticism and critical thinking.
  • Leandro Leite
    Student • 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Porto
    May 03, 2021

Life changing

The 14-week boot camp from Academia de Código allowed me to make a career shift from Mechanical Engineering to the IT space. This was exactly what I needed and it did overcome my initial expectations. If you don't feel like you're having any progress in your career, just go for it!
  • Hugo Gameiro
    QA & Testing analyst • Student • Lisbon
    Dec 15, 2020

Best decision of my life

As I said to some recruiters, I had the best midlife crisis ever.
    I worked in a call center for almost 10 years when exactly 3 years ago I decided to change my life and enroll in <Academia de Código_>.
    I was afraid that my 42 years old was somehow an obstacle to hiring, but the truth is that after 15 days of the finished course I had the best contract I had seen so far.
    In addition to the ease with which they teach technical knowledge in a very short time (3 and a half ...
  • Miguel D.
    Nov 12, 2020

Got the code, got the family.

After you get in you're <AC_> for life, they make you learn step by step #noSkiping and you get the how things are made knowledge.
    You get more than just plain "how to code", you get a community that backs you up all the way.
    Loved it!
  • Guilherme
    IT Associate Consultant • Graduate • 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Porto

Way aheads of its time

Within less than 2 months after finishing I landed a job.
    The bootcamps require you to give 200% of your life during those 3 months, but it's definitely worth it. They push you to the limit, all the while maintaining an amazing informal and casual relationship with the class.
    They give you the tools to succeed, but the work needs to come from you.
    The mentorship is great, even if you doubt yourself throughout 90% of the time. In the end you get an amazing feeling of achievement...
  • Tiago Ramalho
    Outsystems Developer • Student • 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Lisbon
    Nov 12, 2020

Before starting the bootcamp, I was looking for a better job, doing something I probably liked.
    After finishing the bootcamp, I am doing what I always dreamed of.
    I am in a job that provides all the challenges I wanted for myself, accepting different daily tasks, learning new things every day and being better than myself the next day.

The bootcamp I had @ <Academia de Código_>  not only prepared me for my current job, it also provided friends for life, new experiences ...
  • Pedro Sousa
    Software Developer • Student
    Nov 11, 2020

Worthy experience!

Applying and completing this bootcamp was the best investment I've made in my whole life. You will learning something new  everyday along side wonderful collegues and teachers. Hands down the best learning experience I've had. It takes work and dedication but anyone can do it. I've got a job after two weeks and I'm currently happy in the firm I'm working on!
  • Miguel
    Software developer • Student • 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Lisbon
    Nov 11, 2020

A+

Totally worth the price as it was one of the best experiences I've had.
    Met amazing teachers, made friends for life and got my dream career started.
    Couldn't ask for much more!
  • João Carvalho
    Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Lisbon
    Nov 10, 2020

Hard as nails, but totally worth it

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll live and breath code, all for an awesome payback of doing something amazing and rewarding. I now have fun doing something I really enjoy, getting a respectable income and having my opinions and suggestions heard.
  • Nelson Oliveira
    Application Developer • Graduate • 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Fundão

Life changing!

This is one of a kind life changing experience... hands down, no bullshit,  straight forward and as simple as this.
    You get to experience the most intense, fast paced, detailed and specialised training program, focused in computer programming and computer science, but you do this while in the most creative and emancipating environment you can dream of.

It's something you never seen or tried before, and I can guarantee, you will never experience it agai...
  • Rúben Alves
    Experienced Programmer • Graduate • 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Lisbon
    Verified by GitHub
    Nov 09, 2020

$ sudo apt upgrade your-life

I was, once upon a time, an unemployed Clinical Analysis Master's graduate.
    Then I learned how to code, and I never looked back.

Now seriously, there are many reasons why I think anyone jobless, with quick thinking, an interest for technology and an eternal thirst for knowledge should apply for this course: The syllabus is really strong. You will learn to read the Code as if it was a natural language. It will quickly take you through the 1s and 0s of the old ways,...
  • Ruben Mateus
    Team Lead • Graduate • 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Lisbon
    Verified by GitHub

Best experience!

Just possibly the best thing that ever happened to me!

I have a degree in Biology but I struggled to have a consistent, well-paid job.
    After some back and forth in my life, I found this incredible and supporting family called <Academia de Código_>.

The Bootcamp is very intense but it manages to make you a great problem solver.
    The syntax is just syntax, I think the best outcome is their ability to make you think for yourself, gain confidence, and that makes you ...

<Academia de Código_> Alumni Outcomes

Employment Rate
Of the students who enroll at <Academia de Código_>, 100% graduated. 94% of graduates were job-seeking and 98% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of . Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 189 graduates included in this report:
180 Day Employment Breakdown
DescriptionPercentage
Full Time, In-Field Employee98.4%
Full-time apprenticeship, internship or contract position0.0%
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelanceN/A
Employed out-of-fieldN/A
Notes and Caveats
Download the employability report here. Externally audited by EY

Recent <Academia de Código_> News

Jess Feldman
Published October 31, 2022
Igor Koury spent 9 years working as a Civil Engineer in Brazil, but wanted a better quality of life for himself. After researching his options, Igor travelled to Portugal to learn Full-Stack Software Development at Academia de Código_'s 14-week intensive and immersive Programming bootcamp. Having no previous experience with code before attending this course, Igor now shares with us how <Ac...