<Academia de Código_>
Founded in Portugal in 2015, <Academia de Código_> is a social impact startup that offers 14-week intensive and immersive Full Stack Programming Bootcamps. Students are guided through the course by a team of instructors who are graduates of the bootcamp. <Academia de Código_> describes their teaching methods as "peculiar" and aimed at training students to write clean code.
At each campus, different financing/sponsorship solutions are available to help candidates finance the bootcamp. Terms and conditions are listed on the <Academia de Código_> website.
Recent <Academia de Código_> Reviews: Rating 4.93
Recent <Academia de Código_> News
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week14 Weeks
Start Date September 12, 2022 Cost €7,000 Class size 25 Location Lisbon, Terceira Island, PortoDevelop a Full-Stack programmer's mindset that will allow you to switch freely between back-end && front-end like a Boss. Use the freshest production techniques in software development, in a uniquely creative and disruptive environment that is both highly stimulating and uncannily informal. Become fluent in programming best practices as you boost your mad development skills using the coolest frameworks available to mankind. And, above all, learn to learn! (Which is, basically, the most useful skill that can ever be taught to a programmer!)
Deposit N/A FinancingOn each one of our campuses, we offer different financing/sponsorship solutions to help talented candidates that cannot advance the bootcamp's fee. Its specific terms and conditions are listed on our site's FAQs.
More Start DatesSeptember 12, 2022 - Lisbon Apply by August 25, 2022September 12, 2022 - Porto Apply by August 25, 2022
<Academia de Código_> Reviews
241 reviews sorted by:
- Life Change Experience!!!- 4/22/2020Orlando Correia • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInThe best decision I ever made. It is really intensive, you breathe coding all day long during 14 weeks, you will need willpower avoid quitting in the first 2 weeks, but it will be 200 % worth.
You will learn how things work, you learn how to do things from zero, you really know what is happening behind all the abstraction that the different frameworks and libraries use during the boot camp. Design Patterns and good practices are present every day in every lecture.
Beyond all the programming concepts, you will make a new family with other Cadets, with the Master Coders and all the people from Academia de Código.
After the 14 weeks, you will be a new person, you will know your strengths and weakness, and most of all you will be ready to get trough any challenge you face in your life.
Don't think twice and apply for the boot camp ... thank me later.
- Change your life!- 4/19/2020Mariana Cavadas • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInIf you want a course that will change your life, not only professionally but also personally, this is the course for you!
You will meet amazing people and learn, not only how to program, but also how to think and how to go through the obstacles ahead of you. But, pay attention, all of this with a lot of effort and dedication on your part!
After 14 weeks, you will be reborn as a new person with a new family and with a lot of knowledge and practice that will help you enter the labour market.
- One of the best experiences I ever had!- 4/18/2020Frederico Arriaga • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInAcademia de Código is the brave new world on programming education!
Nothing like a regular school! Academia have a modern approach on lectures, exercises and authentic features to improve all your skills. In fact, all your potential, both technical and social, will be pushed to the limits and beyond.
This three months will look like three years due to high immersive rhythm of the bootcamp. And that's not only because of the exercises and the syllabus, no! You will be guided throw the bootcamp by an awesome staff and creating really strong bounds with your classmates throw group exercises (in which you will learn how to work as team and manage the team moral and workflow).
To show you of how intensive and efficient Academia de Código bootcamp is, here this example: with just to two weeks learning java, me and all my classmates, who start the bootcamp with no background skills on programming, were able to develop a game from scratch in a single week, writing all the code with no guidance while learning a new graphic library to do it- and we still had lectures that week to attend for learning new stuff, which left us with almost no time to work on the game.
Also, if you don't have the money from start to pay for the bootcamp, Academia de Código have solutions to overcome that problem in way that the money will not be a problem at all.
If you are into programming and want to start a new career on this area, don't wast more time, come join this awesome family of coders!
- Graduate- 4/18/2020Pedro Antoninho • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn<Academia de Código_> Bootcamps
Are they intense? YES.
Are they tough? YES.
Do they accelerate cognitive abilities to the limit? YES.
Do they require a spirit of resilience? YES.
Do they defy fear and anxiety? YES.
Are they motivators? YES.
Are they absorbent? YES.
Are they for sissies? definitely NOT.
I come from a “gray” area (finance and accounting) and I never thought that at the age of 57 I would go through an experience of this nature. I just know that it was worth every cent I invested.
I met wonderful people and learned a lot. I started to understand the world before and after the “ENTER”, and how through programming we can create other realities.
For me, it was like a vaccine against aging. However, anyone who wants to participate in this experience has to be aware that it is 3 months of pure involvement and dedication. There is no place for distractions as the focus has to be maintained until the last day.
When we finished the 14 weeks of training, we felt as if 3 years had passed. But at the end of the last second of the last day, the feeling of personal fulfillment is brutal.
- Hardcore Matrix-like Learning- 4/17/2020António Morão • Student • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInYou know how in the first Matrix movie you're shown Neo learning everything by plugging in a data container to a learning framework and it's over in a few seconds? Basically <Academia de Código_> does the real-life equivalent by condensing a lot of knowledge to be learned in as quickly as possible.
Between the fast pace and the extent covered, the only drawback is that you have to have the capacity to absorb all that knowledge while more is still being pushed into you. I can't say it's the same for everyone, but I definitely benefited from already being familiar with programming in general to be able to keep up without having to pour too many extra hours in reviewing contents.
It is not flawless and not everyone should try to undergo this course. But I'm confident saying that you'll come out of it with a solid foundation in programming knowledge and a productive mindset.
- One hell of a ride- 4/17/2020André Pinho • Student • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInI don't know if I should laugh or cry, but what I do know is that with just 14 weeks I was able to gain the knowledge to be a Full Stack Developer.
In a crazy and immersive bootcamp, where you live and breathe code, I can guarantee that who you are when you finish it will be vastly different of who you were when it all started. Ask me a thousand times and more, the answer will always be the same: I would do it all again.
What are you waiting for? Come join the fantastic alumni squad and bathe in the awesome environment of <Academia de Código_>
- It was an amazing, super challenging and highly productive experience.
In addition to all technical skills acquired, we are constantly challenged to work our soft skills.
The teaching method allows us to improve our resilience, communication and above all our self-taught skills.
Throughout the bootcamp we are oriented on how we should look for a job and in fact i was surprised with the number of contacts received from companies when bootcamp ended.
All of this is provided due to the effort and dedication of all the incredible staff of the <Academia de Código_> that provide a wonderfull enviroment to the students in particular the teachers who make a perfect management of student's different learning rhythms.
- The best experience ever- 11/10/2019Felipe Lisboa • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via GitHub
I was a financial profesional that builded the career to work with numbers....but after years been unhappy I understood that I wasn't doing what I love.
- The best- 10/9/2019Mahmudul Hasan • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInMy journey to learn programming started by doing online courses on YouTube, udemy, udacity. While doing the courses felt of a need to take classroom course. After hearing from one of my friend applied through online site of academia de código and they accepted my application. From the beginning to the end, they surpassed my expectations. They are really good what they do. They never leave you in dark, of course they give challenge to do yourself but you will always find their helping hand. The most important thing is that the family you create with this 14 weeks bootcamp, it creates a bond among the students and the instructors for being together for that long. Finally, the post course completion assistance for the job is overwhelming. They were always beside as and still is. I am proud to say that I am an alumni of Academia de código.
- Pedro LIma • Software Developer @ Armis • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedIn
- An experience for life- 9/4/2019Rafael Miranda • Test Automation Engineer • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedIn