<academia-de-código_>-logo

<Academia de Código_>

Lisbon, Porto, Terceira Island

<Academia de Código_>

Founded in Portugal in 2015, <Academia de Código_> is a social impact startup that offers 14-week intensive and immersive Full Stack Programming Bootcamps. Students are guided through the course by a team of instructors who are graduates of the bootcamp. <Academia de Código_> describes their teaching methods as "peculiar" and aimed at training students to write clean code.

<Academia de Código_>'s immersive programming bootcamps welcome beginners of all ages (over 18) and backgrounds (degree not needed) as long as they are willing to fully and passionately commit to becoming professional junior software developers within a short period of time. To apply to the bootcamps, prospective students must complete an online computer science 101 course, submit an online form, complete an online JavaScript tutorial, excel in a JavaScript code challenge, and attend online a workshop day that will be similar to the student experience during the bootcamp.

At each campus, different financing/sponsorship solutions are available to help candidates finance the bootcamp. Terms and conditions are listed on the <Academia de Código_> website.

Recent <Academia de Código_> Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (241) reviews for <Academia de Código_> →

Recent <Academia de Código_> News

• 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp

Algorithms, CSS, Data Structures, Front End, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Linux, MVC, MySQL, Scrum, SQL, REST, jQuery
      Start Date September 12, 2022
      LocationLisbon, Terceira Island, Porto
      Develop a Full-Stack programmer's mindset that will allow you to switch freely between back-end && front-end like a Boss. Use the freshest production techniques in software development, in a uniquely creative and disruptive environment that is both highly stimulating and uncannily informal. Become fluent in programming best practices as you boost your mad development skills using the coolest frameworks available to mankind. And, above all, learn to learn! (Which is, basically, the most useful skill that can ever be taught to a programmer!)
      On each one of our campuses, we offer different financing/sponsorship solutions to help talented candidates that cannot advance the bootcamp's fee. Its specific terms and conditions are listed on our site's FAQs.
      Minimum Skill LevelNone. We're 100% n00b friendly!
      Prep WorkOnline Prep Steps (Computer Science 101 course, <Online Form>, JavaScript tutorial, <Code Challenge>, UNIX tutorial, Eloquent JavaScript book reading) + Offline Prep Steps (A one-day "mutual test drive" online workshop.)
      September 12, 2022 - Lisbon Apply by August 25, 2022
      September 12, 2022 - Porto Apply by August 25, 2022
    • Life Changing
      - 5/7/2021
      João Silva  User Photo
      João Silva • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I'm very happy with how the experience turned out. It was pretty much everything they said it would be and I'm very happy with how much I learnt and how much I've improved in many aspects, from coding to teamwork and self-criticism and critical thinking.
    • Life changing
      - 5/3/2021
      Leandro Leite  User Photo
      Leandro Leite • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      The 14-week boot camp from Academia de Código allowed me to make a career shift from Mechanical Engineering to the IT space. This was exactly what I needed and it did overcome my initial expectations. If you don't feel like you're having any progress in your career, just go for it!
    • Hugo Gameiro  User Photo
      Hugo Gameiro • QA & Testing analyst • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      As I said to some recruiters, I had the best midlife crisis ever.
      I worked in a call center for almost 10 years when exactly 3 years ago I decided to change my life and enroll in <Academia de Código_>.
      I was afraid that my 42 years old was somehow an obstacle to hiring, but the truth is that after 15 days of the finished course I had the best contract I had seen so far.
      In addition to the ease with which they teach technical knowledge in a very short time (3 and a half months very intensive), they also help with the creation of a CV much more appealing to this industry and, at the same time, help to approach in a positive way the job interviews.
      Today I started a job in a new company where, in addition to really enjoying what I am going to do now, I will finally double my income salary compared to what I was earning 3 years ago.
      Every day I am grateful to those souls who are dedicated to changing the lives of people who enter <Academia de Código_>
    • Miguel D.  User Photo
      Miguel D. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      After you get in you're <AC_> for life, they make you learn step by step #noSkiping and you get the how things are made knowledge.
      You get more than just plain "how to code", you get a community that backs you up all the way.
      Loved it!
    • Guilherme  User Photo
      Guilherme • IT Associate Consultant • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       Within less than 2 months after finishing I landed a job.
      The bootcamps require you to give 200% of your life during those 3 months, but it's definitely worth it. They push you to the limit, all the while maintaining an amazing informal and casual relationship with the class.
      They give you the tools to succeed, but the work needs to come from you.
      The mentorship is great, even if you doubt yourself throughout 90% of the time. In the end you get an amazing feeling of achievement.
      Also, after finishing they don't "dump" you. They almost take you by the hand and give you instructions on what to do after in order to enhance your probability of landing a job. This, to me, was a huge plus.
      There's no magic. Just hard work.
      I can't recommend the bootcamp enough. Even during remote they kept the most iconic parts going and the teaching didn't take a hit. My bootcamp was 80% remote 20% live.
      And, of course, you make amazing and longlasting relationships along the way.
    • 5*
      - 11/12/2020
      Tiago Ramalho  User Photo
      Tiago Ramalho • Outsystems Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Before starting the bootcamp, I was looking for a better job, doing something I probably liked.
      After finishing the bootcamp, I am doing what I always dreamed of.
      I am in a job that provides all the challenges I wanted for myself, accepting different daily tasks, learning new things every day and being better than myself the next day.

The bootcamp I had @ <Academia de Código_>  not only prepared me for my current job, it also provided friends for life, new experiences and in addition to having great tutors, they were always a great support during the bootcamp.

Would do it again!
    • Worthy experience!
      - 11/11/2020
      Pedro Sousa  User Photo
      Pedro Sousa • Software Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Applying and completing this bootcamp was the best investment I've made in my whole life. You will learning something new
      everyday along side wonderful collegues and teachers. Hands down the best learning experience I've had. It takes work and dedication but anyone can do it. I've got a job after two weeks and I'm currently happy in the firm I'm working on!
    • A+
      - 11/11/2020
      Miguel  User Photo
      Miguel • Software developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Totally worth the price as it was one of the best experiences I've had.
      Met amazing teachers, made friends for life and got my dream career started.
      Couldn't ask for much more!
    • João Carvalho  User Photo
      João Carvalho • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll live and breath code, all for an awesome payback of doing something amazing and rewarding. I now have fun doing something I really enjoy, getting a respectable income and having my opinions and suggestions heard.
    • Life changing!
      - 11/9/2020
      Nelson Oliveira  User Photo
      Nelson Oliveira • Application Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This is one of a kind life changing experience... hands down, no bullshit,  straight forward and as simple as this.
      You get to experience the most intense, fast paced, detailed and specialised training program, focused in computer programming and computer science, but you do this while in the most creative and emancipating environment you can dream of.

It's something you never seen or tried before, and I can guarantee, you will never experience it again, it's something you do and changes you forever... it goes beyond the coding, it completely changes your life.

The skills you will learn, what you will achieve, what you will become after the bootcamp is a new enhanced you.

And the people behind this, the pure brilliance behind each and everyone of them, it's like they are unique stars that somehow got carefully aligned to boost you and leverage all the things you didn't know you had, turning you from the rough piece of carbon into a specialised shiny diamond.

<AC_> has the best bootcamp ever, EVER.
    • Rúben Alves  User Photo
      Rúben Alves • Experienced Programmer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I was, once upon a time, an unemployed Clinical Analysis Master's graduate.
      Then I learned how to code, and I never looked back.

Now seriously, there are many reasons why I think anyone jobless, with quick thinking, an interest for technology and an eternal thirst for knowledge should apply for this course:
      • The syllabus is really strong. You will learn to read the Code as if it was a natural language. It will quickly take you through the 1s and 0s of the old ways, so you better understand how the Code evolved into the modern languages of today (Java && JavaScript).
      • The road is full of challenges and discoveries. You will constantly have the limits of your abilities tested. But don't worry if this sounds scary. You will always have by your side trustworthy Padawans (instructors) to guide you through.
      • You will obtain knowledge that will turn you into an independent and ever-evolving Je- I mean Coder.

On the career side of things:
      • You will be prepared for interviews. During the bootcamp you will be doing presentations, test your tech knowledge and improving your CV to better suit the needs of your future employers.
      • There are opportunities during the bootcamp for employers to contact you directly and you will be prepared accordingly.
      • Last time I checked, the percentage of employed graduates was around 96%.

What are you waiting for? Change your life. Do or do not. There is no try - said a green wise wizard.
    • Best experience!
      - 11/9/2020
      Ruben Mateus  User Photo
      Ruben Mateus • Team Lead • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Just possibly the best thing that ever happened to me!

I have a degree in Biology but I struggled to have a consistent, well-paid job.
      After some back and forth in my life, I found this incredible and supporting family called <Academia de Código_>.

The Bootcamp is very intense but it manages to make you a great problem solver.
      The syntax is just syntax, I think the best outcome is their ability to make you think for yourself, gain confidence, and that makes you capable of learning, and overcoming any struggle.
      This is much more than just a regular Bootcamp, it makes you a better person overall and gives you the tools to thrive in software development, you just need to have the guts and the will to take it and make your own path.