<academia-de-código_>-logo

<Academia de Código_>

Lisbon, Porto, Terceira Island

<Academia de Código_>

Founded in Portugal in 2015, <Academia de Código_> is a social impact startup that offers 14-week intensive and immersive Full Stack Programming Bootcamps. Students are guided through the course by a team of instructors who are graduates of the bootcamp. <Academia de Código_> describes their teaching methods as "peculiar" and aimed at training students to write clean code.

<Academia de Código_>'s immersive programming bootcamps welcome beginners of all ages (over 18) and backgrounds (degree not needed) as long as they are willing to fully and passionately commit to becoming professional junior software developers within a short period of time. To apply to the bootcamps, prospective students must complete an online computer science 101 course, submit an online form, complete an online JavaScript tutorial, excel in a JavaScript code challenge, and attend online a workshop day that will be similar to the student experience during the bootcamp.

At each campus, different financing/sponsorship solutions are available to help candidates finance the bootcamp. Terms and conditions are listed on the <Academia de Código_> website.

Recent <Academia de Código_> Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (241) reviews for <Academia de Código_> →

Recent <Academia de Código_> News

• 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp

Algorithms, CSS, Data Structures, Front End, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Linux, MVC, MySQL, Scrum, SQL, REST, jQuery
      Start Date September 12, 2022
      LocationLisbon, Terceira Island, Porto
      Develop a Full-Stack programmer's mindset that will allow you to switch freely between back-end && front-end like a Boss. Use the freshest production techniques in software development, in a uniquely creative and disruptive environment that is both highly stimulating and uncannily informal. Become fluent in programming best practices as you boost your mad development skills using the coolest frameworks available to mankind. And, above all, learn to learn! (Which is, basically, the most useful skill that can ever be taught to a programmer!)
      On each one of our campuses, we offer different financing/sponsorship solutions to help talented candidates that cannot advance the bootcamp's fee. Its specific terms and conditions are listed on our site's FAQs.
      Minimum Skill LevelNone. We're 100% n00b friendly!
      Prep WorkOnline Prep Steps (Computer Science 101 course, <Online Form>, JavaScript tutorial, <Code Challenge>, UNIX tutorial, Eloquent JavaScript book reading) + Offline Prep Steps (A one-day "mutual test drive" online workshop.)
      September 12, 2022 - Lisbon Apply by August 25, 2022
      September 12, 2022 - Porto Apply by August 25, 2022
    • Life changing
      - 11/18/2021
      Pedro Silva  User Photo
      Pedro Silva • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      There are moments in your life that you don't forget, either because they are great and you have wonderful memories of them or because those moments were awful and you just wish you could forget them forever.
      <Academia de Código_> is definitely the first, you will learn, you will grow and best of all, you will make memories that you will cary for life. Best of all, after these 14 weeks at <Academia de Código_>, you will be 100% ready to be placed in a well payed job doing what you love to do, code!
      Thank you for the memories, friends and for giving me a chance.
    • Full Stack
      - 11/1/2021
      João  User Photo
      João • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

"I will never forget "

I will never forget the family that changed my life.

I am eternally grateful to this School. They taught me to code, but they also taught me to learn.

Applying for this bootcamp was the best decision I ever made and my life has improved so much from this.

I went from being a military with no prospect and no plans for the future to being employed at an awesome IT company.

I think everyone should do this bootcamp!

• Carlos Fonseca  User Photo
      Carlos Fonseca • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      For those interested in programming and looking for a change in their lives, this is the right opportunity. It will be tough and challenging, but hey, nothing that's easy in life would be really worth it in the end.
      You'll learn more than you think, make friendships for life and get a new perspective about the future.
      Even after the end of the bootcamp, the given support until you get a job is amazing. You'll never be alone.
    • Miguel Piedade  User Photo
      Miguel Piedade • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      The bootcamp provides an extremely well-thought out and focused curriculum, as well as a fostering community (staff and colleagues). The intense work rhythm, allied with the "learn to learn" mentality, was the perfect way to fully dive into the programming world, with the true reward being becoming confident to face any future challenges with positivity, resilience and resourcefulness.
    • Tomás Tenreiro  User Photo
      Tomás Tenreiro • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I've attended this bootcamp in the start of 2021 in the midst of the pandemic, which for me resulted in a full remote experience.
      Even with that handicap I had a great experience.
      This is because Academia de Código adapts in each iteration to the group and current technologies.

It also manages very well to highlight the joys of coding by having teachers that can connect well with the students.

After its completion, the job hunting assistance is great aswell, by scheduling meetings between IT recruiters and students, while giving tips for them.
    • João Paulo Luciano da Silva  User Photo
      João Paulo Luciano da Silva • FullStack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      A unique and incredible experience.
      The Code Academy aims to transform lives and they did it to me.
      Everything is very intense, but it prepares us in the best way to enter the job market.
      Dedicated teachers who are always willing to help.
      Thank you for everything you are.
    • A real opportunity
      - 6/15/2021
      Tiago Miranda  User Photo
      Tiago Miranda • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      If you up to learn fast, and work hard, this is the place to you.
      Be ready for learning in real scenarios, work alone and also as a team.
    • Fabz  User Photo
      Fabz • Software engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      This school is as good as you are. If you're ready for a fight and you wanna learn. You'll find that you can learn a lot in a small amount of time
    • Pedro Tomás  User Photo
      Pedro Tomás • Junior Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       If you think they will teach you how to write lines of code and make stuff happen on the computer, you're right!! But there's so much more than that!
      This Bootcamp is a life-changing experience, where you are put out of your comfort zone Every. Single. Day! It looked a bit daunting at first, but I came to realize that I was also evolving at an incredible speed!
      "You must trust the process!" is something that we regularly heard, and it applies! In 14 weeks I learned to code, to face challenges, to overcome fears, and always give my best!
      And as a bonus, I also got a new family!
    • Promise delivered!
      - 5/16/2021
      Décio Soares  User Photo
      Décio Soares • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      It is fast-paced. It is hard. It can be wacky at times. This Bootcamp surely delivers its promise. I went from code noob to professional in 14 most amazing weeks, landing a job soon after!

As soon as I met the Master Coders through the selection phase and up to the actual Bootcamp, I realized that coding is not all about technical skills (worry not, the MCs will make sure you get your mad skills!) but also about culture! All professional fields have their own quirks and at <Academia de Código_> I got to know about all these cool meta topics and as the weeks went by I felt ever more proficient talking about code and technology. I was truly becoming a software developer!

Most importantly, I never felt lonely on this trip. As with all good things in life, great achievements are conquered with team spirit, and the MCs and all the incredible human structure around them made sure I and all my fellow boot campers always felt like a team - "no-one gets left behind!" was our motto.

It couldn't have been any other way. This Bootcamp is life-changing, and as such, it comes with a price: hard work. But have no doubt you will always find yourself propelled forward by the great <Academia de Código_> team!

One last note: even when you think the Bootcamp is about to end and you will be on your own, the great Placement Team will kick in. They'll go to extremes to make sure you have all the support you need to land that job you are probably dreaming about right now!
    • Paulo Moutinho  User Photo
      Paulo Moutinho • Junior Programmer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Where to start? Maybe from the beginning. That initial flirt, that started somewhere in the last couple of years. That was basically me sharing my information and motivations, and they falling in love with me. Then immediately the rollercoaster began. After some time, breaking through the n01r, some challenges to learn the basis of programming, and to test our logical thinking, I got the almighty golden ticket. And so was able to attend the workshop, a day where we can experience the full experience of a day in a life of a < Code Cadet_>.  After that, I experienced days of pure horror, as I taught to myself? "How can they like me; I suck so much..." But after a couple of days my phone rang, it was my < Master Coder > Christina saying I got in.

For the first time in my life, I felt like I’ve won the lottery.

The course per se, is awesome. It's very newb friendly, but in the end, we feel like a pro. It's like a full journey that transforms us from and unhatched egg into a full IV grown lvl 100 Charizard. It's done to cover every simple aspect of the computer world; we travel at a high-speed pace from electricity to programming bank transactions. All the alumni are reachable, and won’t care to spend hours talking about the Bootcamp experience. And the detail team, is one of the most thoughtful and caring I've crossed paths with. They surely Enlighted my world, and I was in a very dark place. Then after this 14 week, all you want to do is sleep, but you have a flee like Placement Team, always calling you, always arranging meetings, so you can grab your first job A$AP. I can stand my feet, that there is nowhere around, a better team.  < Academia de Código_> is much more than just a programming bootcamp, you start looking for a way to turn your life around, but end up with a family.
    • Vania Costa  User Photo
      Vania Costa • Junior Programmer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Although my bootcamp was almost all remote, I didn't miss out on my learning experience, I was even more focused because I could hear every detail of the lectures (and all the jokes!). We made a Discord server and we were helping each other or just talking and playing most nights. The learning rhythm is so intensive that when it was over I kept going on studying every day, because there was all I knew! You literally feel like it's been years after a few weeks of lectures. If programming is what you want and what you enjoy doing, invest in you by learning while having the best experience ever! In my personal experience, after less than 2 weeks I had 3 job offers, I look forward to my successful future as a Full Stack Software Developer!