<academia-de-código_>-logo

<Academia de Código_>

Lisbon, Porto, Terceira Island

<Academia de Código_>

Founded in Portugal in 2015, <Academia de Código_> is a social impact startup that offers 14-week intensive and immersive Full Stack Programming Bootcamps. Students are guided through the course by a team of instructors who are graduates of the bootcamp. <Academia de Código_> describes their teaching methods as "peculiar" and aimed at training students to write clean code.

<Academia de Código_>'s immersive programming bootcamps welcome beginners of all ages (over 18) and backgrounds (degree not needed) as long as they are willing to fully and passionately commit to becoming professional junior software developers within a short period of time. To apply to the bootcamps, prospective students must complete an online computer science 101 course, submit an online form, complete an online JavaScript tutorial, excel in a JavaScript code challenge, and attend online a workshop day that will be similar to the student experience during the bootcamp.

At each campus, different financing/sponsorship solutions are available to help candidates finance the bootcamp. Terms and conditions are listed on the <Academia de Código_> website.

Recent <Academia de Código_> Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (241) reviews for <Academia de Código_> →

Recent <Academia de Código_> News

• 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp

Algorithms, CSS, Data Structures, Front End, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Linux, MVC, MySQL, Scrum, SQL, REST, jQuery
      Start Date September 12, 2022
      LocationLisbon, Terceira Island, Porto
      Develop a Full-Stack programmer's mindset that will allow you to switch freely between back-end && front-end like a Boss. Use the freshest production techniques in software development, in a uniquely creative and disruptive environment that is both highly stimulating and uncannily informal. Become fluent in programming best practices as you boost your mad development skills using the coolest frameworks available to mankind. And, above all, learn to learn! (Which is, basically, the most useful skill that can ever be taught to a programmer!)
      On each one of our campuses, we offer different financing/sponsorship solutions to help talented candidates that cannot advance the bootcamp's fee. Its specific terms and conditions are listed on our site's FAQs.
      Minimum Skill LevelNone. We're 100% n00b friendly!
      Prep WorkOnline Prep Steps (Computer Science 101 course, <Online Form>, JavaScript tutorial, <Code Challenge>, UNIX tutorial, Eloquent JavaScript book reading) + Offline Prep Steps (A one-day "mutual test drive" online workshop.)
      September 12, 2022 - Lisbon Apply by August 25, 2022
      September 12, 2022 - Porto Apply by August 25, 2022
    • Francisco Caetano • Game Developer • Student

Academia de Código bootcamp is rigorous and intense but you don't get that feeling when you're around such an amazing team. It has made a positive change in many peoples lives including mine and I'm very gratefull for all that.

• Joaquim Duarte • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate

One day after Christmas I went to attend my best gift, I was able to enter Academia de Código, living one of my dreams and being lucky/skilled enough to be one of the winners of the contest to be accept as an "alumni". After going there for the workshop I was already in love by it's awesome ambient, is very informal and familiar at the same time, the "Master" Rui Ferrão speaks so clearly that it was impossible to miss any content, and rare the moment that I needed to raise my hand to ask questions, Sérgio was another teacher that really inspired me because he went from student of the last course to teacher, and people from Academia like Catarina (Bootcamp Momma) kept telling us how he had some difficulties but as he is such an hard worker, he was able to push himself to the top and of course Antoninho, that spared us the needed time after hours (Antoninho's School) to pull up everyone that was feeling behind, he was also a previous course attendant.

It's a big family. The best place to learn how to become a developer. The syllabus teaches everything we need. I just can't find words to describe the experience. Yes it's hard to keep up with the fast paced learning environment but that's why they look for people that are able to push themselves harder and harder. You learn everything from computer science history, to design patterns, to serious and practical coding. I remember that in the final weeks many companies come see us in the classes and talk with us, some of the people are CEO's others are recruiters, others were developers to properly check the syllabus and what we were learning, and they all said "This is what you will be doing for real, don't be afraid to become a professional in this area, because you are being given the right tools.".

For 14 weeks I think it's an awesome experience and it's more than enough for the students to become their own teachers, as we were told (just like in University), they teach us how to learn and from that we can proceed our own adventure, but of course whenever we need we know we can contact our family and they will surely help us. It's just awesome, from the curriculum to the job support where the people working there are awesome as well.

I went from a guy that didn't even have finished high school, nor went to the University (I hate them) to become a professional full-stack web developer and I am now working on a startup, and already had other jobs in the way. I had some minor experience building websites specially with WordPress and I was at the time learning to become a Full-Stack Web Developer through online courses, but gladly I got in Academia, you need a lot of self-discipline to go learn always by yourself and I was missing having a class full of mates learning and helping each others. The syllabus is really complete and I think It's completely worth the money, specially as you are finished after 14 weeks, I am really proud, happy and feeling privileged.

You even get sentimental when the course ends, thank you all, thank you Academia de Código!

• Best School Ever
      - 2/19/2019
      Antonio Castro • Graduate

Doing the <Academia de Código_> 14 weeks bootcamp was the best decision i ever made. Not only they know what they're doing, but they're doing it like no one else. The whole experience, including the friendships, the culture... there is nothng like it. Without a doubt, a success case!

• Review
      - 8/12/2022
      I was kind of lost in life wondering what the next step would be and since a while back liked programming but couldn't get started since i got easily lost with all the option i  had, after talking with a couple of friends who had also gone trough the bootcamp i decided to do it as well as it seemed like the right thing to do. And it was, the level of soft skill development was amazing and in terms of programming knowledge i think it was nice although some topics were approached with more time investment than others despite perhaps being not as important, i think the fundamental knowledge and capacity to adapt and develop with these is plenty to get a starting step in the area and to grow from there.
    • Anonymous • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate
      Thank You for throwing, me ,into a melting pot of personality filled campus, I called home for 14 weeks. Everyday was a something new. Everyday a new challenge. Everyday a bond was formed. You will learn, You will grow, You'll rack up plenty of stories to tell Your friends & family, and rack up memories which You'll carry for the rest of Your life. Best of all, after these 14 weeks at <Academia de Código_>, you will be 100% ready to be land a well paying job doing what you love to do, code!
      Thank you for the memories, friends and for giving me a chance.
      If you always had a wish of becoming a top tier programmer in just 14 weeks, just go for it, it is worth it
    • From zero to hero
      - 8/10/2022
      From zero to hero.
      When I started, I din't even know how to make a single console log nor know what that even was. Today I'm glad to say that I can do way more than that.
      This was a 14 week intensive bootcamp, it was really hard, I must say but at a great reward.
      I'm sure that joining an intensive bootcamp was my right choice. I'm not sure if Academia de Código was the right one. There's way cheaper bootcamps around that offer the same or, who knows, even better, or, at least, that offer you more time to consolidate your new learnings. Is it really a good course or does it just have a strong hype around it? Since there's so much demand for programmers on the market, everything may suit companies needs. For instance, why doesn't this expensive bootcamp have some seniors as teachers, at least once a week? Toilets are disgusting. Not enough tables to have meals also. Classes of 30 students... It's a good course but I don't think it's worth €7000.
    • Bootcamp
      - 8/8/2022
      Amazing Bootcamp. An experience of a lifetime. U wont regret, it will change your life for better.
    • Anonymous • Junior Backend Developer • Student
      An intensive bootcamp (14 weeks).
      It only has a start time (9:30 am) and no end time.
      I've worked with many technologies many of them around Java.
      Let's say 80% of the content is backend and 20% is frontend.
      In just one month I got my first job as a developer.
    • Course Experience
      - 5/27/2022
      Amazing experience, it really change your life for better!
    • Bootcamp Lisbon
      - 5/16/2022
      Anonymous • Software Engineer • Graduate
      I recommend this bootcamp for everyone that loves coding and want to make it for life.
      The staff is very supportive during and after the bootcamp, you get all the tools and mindset needed to embrace new challenges in the real world.