<Academia de Código_>
Founded in Lisbon in 2015, <Academia de Código_> offers 14-week full-time intensive and immersive full-stack programming bootcamps. With campuses in Lisbon, Oporto, Fundão, and Terceira Island, Portugal, <Academia de Código_> is a social impact startup committed to bringing talented minds out of unemployment.<Academia de Código_>'s immersive programming bootcamps welcome beginners of all ages (over 18) and backgrounds (degree not needed) as long as they are willing to fully and passionately commit to becoming professional junior software developers within a short period of time. Students are guided through the course by a team of instructors who are graduates of the bootcamp. <Academia de Código_> describes their teaching methods as "peculiar" and aimed at training students to write clean code.
<Academia de Código_> is committed to snatching talented minds out of unemployment and dead-end jobs, and providing unconditional support to help students land one of the 8000 unfilled tech jobs in Portugal. At each campus, different financing/sponsorship solutions are available to help candidates finance the bootcamp. Terms and conditions are listed on the <Academia de Código_> website.
Recent <Academia de Código_> Reviews: Rating 4.94
Recent <Academia de Código_> News
In PersonFull Time80 Hours/week14 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost €6,500 Class size 20 Location Lisbon, Fundão, Terceira Island, PortoDevelop a fullStack programmer's mindset that will allow you to switch freely between back-end && front-end like a bo$$. Use the freshest production techniques in software development, in a uniquely creative and disruptive environment that is both highly stimulating and uncannily informal. Become fluent in programming best practices as you boost your mad development skills using the coolest frameworks available to mankind. And, above all, learn to learn! (Which is, basically, the most useful skill that can ever be taught to a programmer!)
Deposit N/A FinancingIn each one of our campuses we offer different financing/sponsorship solutions to help talented candidates that cannot advance the bootcamp's fee. Its specific terms and conditions are listed on our site's FAQs.
<Academia de Código_> Reviews
111 reviews sorted by:
- A real opportunity- 6/15/2021Tiago Miranda • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great school, great content- 5/26/2021Fabz • Software engineer • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedIn
- I learned to code, and much more!!- 5/20/2021Pedro Tomás • Junior Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInIf you think they will teach you how to write lines of code and make stuff happen on the computer, you're right!! But there's so much more than that!
This Bootcamp is a life-changing experience, where you are put out of your comfort zone Every. Single. Day! It looked a bit daunting at first, but I came to realize that I was also evolving at an incredible speed!
"You must trust the process!" is something that we regularly heard, and it applies! In 14 weeks I learned to code, to face challenges, to overcome fears, and always give my best!
And as a bonus, I also got a new family!
- Promise delivered!- 5/16/2021Décio Soares • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInIt is fast-paced. It is hard. It can be wacky at times. This Bootcamp surely delivers its promise. I went from code noob to professional in 14 most amazing weeks, landing a job soon after!
As soon as I met the Master Coders through the selection phase and up to the actual Bootcamp, I realized that coding is not all about technical skills (worry not, the MCs will make sure you get your mad skills!) but also about culture! All professional fields have their own quirks and at <Academia de Código_> I got to know about all these cool meta topics and as the weeks went by I felt ever more proficient talking about code and technology. I was truly becoming a software developer!
Most importantly, I never felt lonely on this trip. As with all good things in life, great achievements are conquered with team spirit, and the MCs and all the incredible human structure around them made sure I and all my fellow boot campers always felt like a team - "no-one gets left behind!" was our motto.
It couldn't have been any other way. This Bootcamp is life-changing, and as such, it comes with a price: hard work. But have no doubt you will always find yourself propelled forward by the great <Academia de Código_> team!
One last note: even when you think the Bootcamp is about to end and you will be on your own, the great Placement Team will kick in. They'll go to extremes to make sure you have all the support you need to land that job you are probably dreaming about right now!
- How to become and amazing programmer/genius!!- 5/13/2021Paulo Moutinho • Junior Programmer • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInWhere to start? Maybe from the beginning. That initial flirt, that started somewhere in the last couple of years. That was basically me sharing my information and motivations, and they falling in love with me. Then immediately the rollercoaster began. After some time, breaking through the n01r, some challenges to learn the basis of programming, and to test our logical thinking, I got the almighty golden ticket. And so was able to attend the workshop, a day where we can experience the full experience of a day in a life of a < Code Cadet_>. After that, I experienced days of pure horror, as I taught to myself? "How can they like me; I suck so much..." But after a couple of days my phone rang, it was my < Master Coder > Christina saying I got in.For the first time in my life, I felt like I’ve won the lottery.
The course per se, is awesome. It's very newb friendly, but in the end, we feel like a pro. It's like a full journey that transforms us from and unhatched egg into a full IV grown lvl 100 Charizard. It's done to cover every simple aspect of the computer world; we travel at a high-speed pace from electricity to programming bank transactions. All the alumni are reachable, and won’t care to spend hours talking about the Bootcamp experience. And the detail team, is one of the most thoughtful and caring I've crossed paths with. They surely Enlighted my world, and I was in a very dark place. Then after this 14 week, all you want to do is sleep, but you have a flee like Placement Team, always calling you, always arranging meetings, so you can grab your first job A$AP. I can stand my feet, that there is nowhere around, a better team. < Academia de Código_> is much more than just a programming bootcamp, you start looking for a way to turn your life around, but end up with a family.
- The best learning experience I've ever had!- 5/7/2021Vania Costa • Junior Programmer • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedInAlthough my bootcamp was almost all remote, I didn't miss out on my learning experience, I was even more focused because I could hear every detail of the lectures (and all the jokes!). We made a Discord server and we were helping each other or just talking and playing most nights. The learning rhythm is so intensive that when it was over I kept going on studying every day, because there was all I knew! You literally feel like it's been years after a few weeks of lectures. If programming is what you want and what you enjoy doing, invest in you by learning while having the best experience ever! In my personal experience, after less than 2 weeks I had 3 job offers, I look forward to my successful future as a Full Stack Software Developer!
- Life Changing- 5/7/2021João Silva • Student • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
- Life changing- 5/3/2021Leandro Leite • Student • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedInThe 14-week boot camp from Academia de Código allowed me to make a career shift from Mechanical Engineering to the IT space. This was exactly what I needed and it did overcome my initial expectations. If you don't feel like you're having any progress in your career, just go for it!
- Best decision of my life- 12/15/2020Hugo Gameiro • QA & Testing analyst • Student • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInAs I said to some recruiters, I had the best midlife crisis ever.
I worked in a call center for almost 10 years when exactly 3 years ago I decided to change my life and enroll in <Academia de Código_>.
I was afraid that my 42 years old was somehow an obstacle to hiring, but the truth is that after 15 days of the finished course I had the best contract I had seen so far.
In addition to the ease with which they teach technical knowledge in a very short time (3 and a half months very intensive), they also help with the creation of a CV much more appealing to this industry and, at the same time, help to approach in a positive way the job interviews.
Today I started a job in a new company where, in addition to really enjoying what I am going to do now, I will finally double my income salary compared to what I was earning 3 years ago.
Every day I am grateful to those souls who are dedicated to changing the lives of people who enter <Academia de Código_>
Thank you <Academia de Código_>
- Got the code, got the family.- 11/12/2020Miguel D. • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedIn
- Way aheads of its time- 11/12/2020Guilherme • IT Associate Consultant • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedInWithin less than 2 months after finishing I landed a job.
The bootcamps require you to give 200% of your life during those 3 months, but it's definitely worth it. They push you to the limit, all the while maintaining an amazing informal and casual relationship with the class.
They give you the tools to succeed, but the work needs to come from you.
The mentorship is great, even if you doubt yourself throughout 90% of the time. In the end you get an amazing feeling of achievement.
Also, after finishing they don't "dump" you. They almost take you by the hand and give you instructions on what to do after in order to enhance your probability of landing a job. This, to me, was a huge plus.
There's no magic. Just hard work.
I can't recommend the bootcamp enough. Even during remote they kept the most iconic parts going and the teaching didn't take a hit. My bootcamp was 80% remote 20% live.
And, of course, you make amazing and longlasting relationships along the way.
- 5*- 11/12/2020Tiago Ramalho • Outsystems Developer • Student • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInBefore starting the bootcamp, I was looking for a better job, doing something I probably liked.
After finishing the bootcamp, I am doing what I always dreamed of.
I am in a job that provides all the challenges I wanted for myself, accepting different daily tasks, learning new things every day and being better than myself the next day.
The bootcamp I had @ <Academia de Código_> not only prepared me for my current job, it also provided friends for life, new experiences and in addition to having great tutors, they were always a great support during the bootcamp.
Would do it again!