<academia-de-código_>-logo

<Academia de Código_>

Lisbon, Porto, Terceira Island

<Academia de Código_>

Founded in Portugal in 2015, <Academia de Código_> is a social impact startup that offers 14-week intensive and immersive Full Stack Programming Bootcamps. Students are guided through the course by a team of instructors who are graduates of the bootcamp. <Academia de Código_> describes their teaching methods as "peculiar" and aimed at training students to write clean code.

<Academia de Código_>'s immersive programming bootcamps welcome beginners of all ages (over 18) and backgrounds (degree not needed) as long as they are willing to fully and passionately commit to becoming professional junior software developers within a short period of time. To apply to the bootcamps, prospective students must complete an online computer science 101 course, submit an online form, complete an online JavaScript tutorial, excel in a JavaScript code challenge, and attend online a workshop day that will be similar to the student experience during the bootcamp.

At each campus, different financing/sponsorship solutions are available to help candidates finance the bootcamp. Terms and conditions are listed on the <Academia de Código_> website.

Recent <Academia de Código_> Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (218) reviews for <Academia de Código_> →

Recent <Academia de Código_> News

• 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp

Algorithms, CSS, Data Structures, Front End, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Linux, MVC, MySQL, Scrum, SQL, REST, jQuery
      Start Date September 12, 2022
      LocationLisbon, Terceira Island, Porto
      Develop a Full-Stack programmer's mindset that will allow you to switch freely between back-end && front-end like a Boss. Use the freshest production techniques in software development, in a uniquely creative and disruptive environment that is both highly stimulating and uncannily informal. Become fluent in programming best practices as you boost your mad development skills using the coolest frameworks available to mankind. And, above all, learn to learn! (Which is, basically, the most useful skill that can ever be taught to a programmer!)
      On each one of our campuses, we offer different financing/sponsorship solutions to help talented candidates that cannot advance the bootcamp's fee. Its specific terms and conditions are listed on our site's FAQs.
      Minimum Skill LevelNone. We're 100% n00b friendly!
      Prep WorkOnline Prep Steps (Computer Science 101 course, <Online Form>, JavaScript tutorial, <Code Challenge>, UNIX tutorial, Eloquent JavaScript book reading) + Offline Prep Steps (A one-day "mutual test drive" online workshop.)
      September 12, 2022 - Lisbon Apply by August 25, 2022
      September 12, 2022 - Porto Apply by August 25, 2022
    • Teresa Rodrigues  User Photo
      Teresa Rodrigues • Junior Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      14 weeks of extreme educational and emotional intensity.
      All the staff is extremely attentive and will give you all the support you need, as long as you are open to being helped.
      The friendships could be incredible and the connections formed, completely out of what you ever thought possible in such a short time.
      It won't be easy, the idea is not to be! It will take commitment and hard attempts to understand and assimilate the content (which may often not come). Will you understand everything and be super great? No! But being persistent and not giving up is one of the skills that if you don't have, you will have.
      I think the current location (at least in Lisbon), is complicated for many people and the facilities and equipment could be much better, taking into account the amount paid of 7,000€ per student.
      The way the whole placement part, (i.e. getting you a job), is managed, I also don't think it is ideal for all people, since not everyone gets to the end at the same level. However, there is a job for everyone, whether it's during the bootcamp, soon after, or 1 or 2 months later... the opportunity will come!

• Ricardo Figueiredo  User Photo
      Ricardo Figueiredo • Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Pros - Culture, Empowerment, Technical knowledge of teachers, Sylabus, Job Placement.
      Cons - A little messy on MAC setups which can easily be fixed.
      Pro Tip - You really have to be able to let go your personal life for the full duration of the course, otherwise you will turn the hardmode on!
    • Adler Araujo  User Photo
      Adler Araujo • Full Stack Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I was feeling lost and unhappy with my career. I was encouraged by a friend to join the Academia de Código and that was the best decision of my life. In a short time I was able to enter a job market with a huge potential for professional growth. I feel safe to move on to whatever area I want. I highly recommend the Academia de Código.
    • Unique experience
      - 5/30/2022
      Nuno Teixeira  User Photo
      Nuno Teixeira • Tech Junior Programmer • Student Verified via GitHub
      I already had a degree on Computer Science, but was still kinda "green", so I gave a shot at <Academia de Código_> and I gotta say it was worth. In just 14-Weeks I got to know the concepts of programming and what was missing me in that degree; they never quitted on us until we knew everything.  It was an unique experience.
    • Amazing bootcamp
      - 5/29/2022
      Diogo  User Photo
      Diogo • Technical Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I loved the experience, the environment and the way the subjects are approached. Every step we take, we have to think about it alone before solving it, and that really helps to get in the "mindset of a programmer". The placement team does an amazing job, and keep a close relationship with all the students.

• Igor  User Photo
      Igor • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      A unique experience, completely immersive, where you have all the support and guidance to achieve your goal! I am completely satisfied with the results I have achieved and would recommend the <Academia de Código_> to anyone who is looking to chart a new path in life.

- Pros:
      Well-planned course structure;
      A strong body of instructors;
      All kinds of support, during and after the course;
      Excellent learning environment;
    • Rita  User Photo
      Rita • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I always wanted to learn programming but thought it was a too big world of information. Until discovering <Academia de Código_> and realizing that it is possible. In just 14 weeks we go from noobie to full stack developer. Amazing experience. Highly recommended.
    • João Ortiz   User Photo
      João Ortiz • Verified via LinkedIn
      After 7 years as a digital Marketing consultant, I felt a strong need to change my path.
      Academia de Código allowed me to do that. A strong body of instructors allied with a great go-get atitude was what I was needing to pursue a career as a programmer.
      I wanna thank everyone there that made me feel better especially in those days when you just feel stupid.
      - 5/17/2022
      Vítor Miguel Amaral   User Photo
      Vítor Miguel Amaral • Junior Python Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I've always wanted to program, but I never could image what I would learn here, not only about programming but about how to approach problems in general. Not only did I feel confident and ready to work after the 14 weeks the bootcamp lasted, I also developed in ways to communicate with others, deal with time constraints, and working with all kinds of people, but also made great friends.
      Strongly advise to anyone who wants to learn to program and learn how to learn how to program, and having a blast doing so.
    • Amazing
      - 5/16/2022
      Sérgio Carvalho  User Photo
      Sérgio Carvalho • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      A/C packs in a lot of content within 14 weeks, this means that there is are a lot of subjects to go through in a short amount of time, leading to the experience being exhaustive. However, A/C does cover everything you'll need to know to get started. No, you won't master anything - yet - 14 weeks isn't enough time to master one framework, let alone two languages, different paradigms within said languages and a whole bunch of frameworks. That being said, it's exactly the right amount to start a new career, because the resilience needed, the knowledge gained and the technical and inter-personal skills that are worked on along the bootcamp are more than enough to become a solid developer, which is the basis required for future growth. Learning is a process and A/C sets you up with everything you need for success.

In short, it's worth it if you can tough it out. The staff is amazing (both teaching and support staff) and careers are easily launched from there. Go for it.
    • Nuno Gil Silva  User Photo
      Nuno Gil Silva • Junior Programmer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      The best opportunity to change your life. An unforgettable learning experience in the world of programming, in just three and a half months it is incredible what you can achieve. I was one of the lucky ones who went through this adventure and as soon as I finished I started my new working life.

• Brutal Bootcamp
      - 2/4/2022
      José Graça  User Photo
      José Graça • Júnior Consultant • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      A brutal experience....with all the meanings associated with this word...
      Academia de código taught me everything I needed to know to became a programmer. They taught me how to think like one, how to talk like one and how to face challenges like one...
      There were hard and painful times...but then again, growing always is. I am very grateful to be part of such a special group of people and for the time I spent learning to code.
      Investments in knowledge always pays the best interests....And I am very happy I've invested with them.