<academia-de-código_>-logo

<Academia de Código_>

Fundão, Lisbon, Porto, Terceira Island

<Academia de Código_>

Founded in 2015, <Academia de Código_> offers a 14-week, full-time intensive, immersive, full-stack programming bootcamp, and a 10-week intensive and immersive Java and OutSystems bootcamp with campuses in Lisbon, Oporto, Fundão, and Terceira Island, Portugal. <Academia de Código_> is a social impact startup committed to bringing talented minds out of unemployment. <Academia de Código_>'s immersive programming bootcamps welcome beginners of all ages (over 18) and backgrounds (degree not needed) as long as they are willing to fully and passionately commit to becoming professional junior software developers within a short period of time. Students are guided through the course by a team of instructors who are graduates of the bootcamp. <Academia de Código_> describes their teaching methods as "peculiar" and aimed at training student to write clean code.

To apply to the full-time 14-week and 10-week bootcamps, prospective students must complete Stanford University's online computer science 101 course, submit an online form, complete an online JavaScript tutorial, excel in a JavaScript code challenge, and attend a workshop day that will be similar to the student experience during the bootcamp.

<Academia de Código_> is committed to snatching talented minds out of unemployment and dead-end jobs, and provide unconditional support to help students land one of the 8000 unfilled tech jobs in Portugal. At each campus, different financing/sponsorship solutions are available to help candidates finance the bootcamp. Terms and conditions are listed on the <Academia de Código_> website.

<Academia de Código_> also provides corporate training in OutSystems technology, a Low-Code platform that allows building and deploying enterprise-grade Web and Mobile applications at an incredibly fast pace. These 1-week courses are for professionals with experience in other programming languages and are available in Portugal, The Netherlands, UK, US, and Brazil.

Recent <Academia de Código_> Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (65) reviews for <Academia de Código_> →

Recent <Academia de Código_> News

• 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, SQL, jQuery, CSS, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms, Java, Front End, Scrum, MVC, REST
      LocationFundão, Terceira Island, Lisbon, Porto
      Develop a fullStack programmer's mindset that will allow you to switch freely between back-end && front-end like a bo$$. Use the freshest production techniques in software development, in a uniquely creative and disruptive environment that is both highly stimulating and uncannily informal. Become fluent in programming best practices as you boost your mad development skills using the coolest frameworks available to mankind. And, above all, learn to learn! (Which is, basically, the most useful skill that can ever be taught to a programmer!)
      In each one of our campuses we offer different financing/sponsorship solutions to help talented candidates that cannot advance the bootcamp's fee. Its specific terms and conditions are listed on our site's FAQs.
      Minimum Skill LevelNone. We're 100% n00b friendly!
      Prep WorkOnline Prep Steps (Computer Science 101 course, <Online Form>, JavaScript tutorial, <Code Challenge>, UNIX tutorial, Eloquent JavaScript book reading) + Offline Prep Steps (A one-day "mutual test drive" workshop at the campus you're applying for.)
    • A 10-Week Intensive && Immersive Java && OutSystems Bootcamp

MySQL, HTML, Git, SQL, Mobile, CSS, Data Structures, Algorithms, Java, Front End, Scrum, MVC, REST
      LocationLisbon, Porto
      Unleash (&& employ) your inner geek within the most disruptive programming school known to Humankind in just 10 weeks: Go from total programming n00b to a hands-on && fully productive OutSystems Developer by taking <Academia de Código_>’s new intensive && immersive course. Yup. We’ve decided to combine three weeks of solid programming foundations extracted from our full-stack syllabus (Programming Concepts and Paradigms, Algorithmic thinking, Version Control Systems, Best Practices, Databases and so on...) with a mega dope 3-week OutSystems power up (A Low-Code highway-to-heaven, crowned by an “OutSystems Associate Web & Mobile Developer” certification), in order to guarantee you a long and financially rewarding career in an worldwide ever growing technology. And make no mistake, 'cause we are the new (sur)real deal! Known for our outstanding know-how in what comes to turning programming n00bs into Junior Full-Stack Developers through infamously intensive 14-week programming bootcamps, <Academia de Código_> is now about to hit (and "Hulk-smash") the OutSystems’ training market. 4 years of success, 500++ alumni placed into over 60 IT companies worldwide, as well as a solid reputation in what concerns the excellence of our teaching methods, do assure us we can (and will) now make a solid dent in the OutSystems Universe!
      Minimum Skill LevelNone. We're 100% n00b friendly!
    • A 1-Week OutSystems Web & Mobile App Development Course

Mobile, Front End
      In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week1 Week
      LocationLisbon, Porto
      Upgrade && power up your professional developer’s skillset by taking this insanely awesome 1-week OutSystems(*) App Development course within the realms of the most disruptive programming school known to Humankind, aka <Academia de Código_>. Known for our outstanding know-how in what comes to turning programming n00bs into Junior Full-Stack Developers through infamously intensive 14-week programming bootcamps, we are now about to hit (and “Hulk smash”) the OutSystems’ up skilling scene with a new course that will allow talented programmers of any language to swiftly become fluent in a technology that is taking the market by storm. Aimed at professional developers who want in on the highly rewarding job opportunities created by this amazing new tool for visual (and speedy) app development && deployment, this new course will also grant its alumni an “OutSystems Associate Web & Mobile Developer" official certification. Need we say more?! 4 years of success, 500++ alumni placed into over 60 IT companies, as well as a solid reputation in what concerns the excellence of our teaching methods, do assure us we can (and will) now make a solid dent in the OutSystems professional up skilling Universe! (*) OutSystems is a worldwide ever growing Low-Code platform that allows you to build && deploy enterprise grade full-stack applications at an incredibly fast pace. Locations && Pricing: Portugal // €1.950 Netherlands // €2.950 UK // £3.150 US // $2.500 Brazil // $2.500
      Financing solutions are available to help talented applicants that cannot advance the course's fee.
      Minimum Skill LevelOnly candidates with programming skills can enroll. // SQL && Relational Database experience is required!
      Prep WorkNone

• Felipe Lisboa  User Photo
      Felipe Lisboa • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I was a financial profesional that builded the career to work with numbers....but after years been unhappy I understood that I wasn't doing what I love.
      <_Academia de Código_> was for me a door that open my mind and help me to discover my passion. That's not just a question to learn Java or JavaScript, they helped me to be a better profesional, a better person, someone that go forwards behind your dreams.

• The best
      - 10/9/2019
      Mahmudul Hasan  User Photo
      Mahmudul Hasan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      My journey to learn programming started by doing online courses on YouTube, udemy, udacity. While doing the courses felt of a need to take classroom course. After hearing from one of my friend applied through online site of academia de código and they accepted my application. From the beginning to the end, they surpassed my expectations. They are really good what they do. They never leave you in dark, of course they give challenge to do yourself but you will always find their helping hand. The most important thing is that the family you create with this 14 weeks bootcamp, it creates a bond among the students and the instructors for being together for that long. Finally, the post course completion assistance for the job is overwhelming. They were always beside as and still is. I am proud to say that I am an alumni of Academia de código.
    • Pedro LIma  User Photo
      Pedro LIma • Software Developer @ Armis • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

14 weeks when I didn't have time for anything but seeing lines of code.
      14 intensive weeks but in the end it is well worth the effort.

• Julio  User Photo
      Julio • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Academia de codigo provides a complete experience.

Classes are given in a very accessible environment, were asking questions is viewed very positively. Collegues are very nice and also willing to help. Professors quite knowledgeful in the sylabus.

• Rafael Miranda  User Photo
      Rafael Miranda • Test Automation Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Everything in <Academia de Código_> is about good and intense experiences, the best way to learn something fast and well. Totally recommend!

• Miguel Pereira  User Photo
      Miguel Pereira • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

A unique and exciting experience packed with new challenges everyday, and a job in the end.

• Rodrigo "Sky" Matias  User Photo
      Rodrigo "Sky" Matias • Backend Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I had previous experienced, developed 2 or 3 games and knew some AI algorithms by memory. I thought this would be easy until half the bootcamp. I was SO wrong. I was learning new stuff and improving every single day!

It's incredibly enjoyable. You spend 14 weeks developing professional skills in a comfy environment, with plushies and friends around you, being tested against hard odds but still having a blast. Amazing teachers, who love their job, will be your friends and care for you throughout the journey, passing their knowledge and treating you as an equal... that's amazing!

It's a big challenge, but it's also a great experience. People from different backgrounds have come and gone and no one is left behind. It promises a bright future for everyone. Are you going to be the next fullstack programmer? :3

• Samuel  User Photo
      Samuel • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

From zero to programming super hero in three and a half months!

I had no idea what I was getting into when I signed up for the Bootcamp, but I knew from trustworthy source that it was good.

Turned out to be one of the most super duper amazing experiences of my life!

Through sweat and tears and a few sleepless nights we acquired knowledge, and most importantly experience that would take years to gather anywhere else! But not without loads of fun and spectacular moments, memories and friendships that will last forever!

• Reinaldo Pimentel  User Photo
      Reinaldo Pimentel • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

This course exceeded my best expectations. The course description is not an understatement. These were the most intensive, breathtaking weeks of my life with challenges every day. The master coders were all very friendly and most important very thoughtful to everyone explaining things in so many ways and never letting go until everyone understood the subject. But most importantly they teach us new ways of thinking and how to approach each problem. Five stars for the whole team is just perfect for the perfect team. Thank you very much for everything!

• André Oliveira  User Photo
      André Oliveira • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

5 stars is not enough to rate the opportunity, and experience, I lived for 14 weeks.
      It literally changed my life. From a clueless, future-less, scattered unemployed with no academic degree, to a  promising, motivated Full Stack Software Engineer, that grabbed a terrific job at the European Parliament, back-lighted with the mighty knowledge absorbed from my Padawans and my 14 weeks borrowed family. As it transforms strangers in family, and hard work, suet and tears, in love, prosperity and future. Grab it!

• Hugo Baganha  User Photo
      Hugo Baganha • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Truly a life changing experience that I am grateful to have embraced!

After finishing my master thesis in Environmental Engineering about smart cities I felt the need to learn more about programming. And that is how I found Academia de Código!

Right now I found my true purpose and I can conciliate my engineering skills with working with the best companies developing groundbreaking solutions!

It is a one life time experience that will boost your life forever and you will be in the front line by the time you finish. Embrace it, dive deep in it, live it and make the most out of it!

• Miguel Rocha  User Photo
      Miguel Rocha • Software Developer (Outsystems) • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

..that's what my bootcamp @ <Academia de Código_> helped me do!

Let me tell you a bit of my story:

I grew up in Évora (Alentejo)  > attended university in Lisbon (Management + Public Administration) > worked in Lisbon (1,5 years) > realized Lisbon's life style was not for me > moved to Beja (Alentejo) > spent 8 months searching for a job > did a 9 months internship + worked in accounting (10 months) > then it finally hit me, my inner voice told me: CHANGE YOUR LIFE MIGUEL.

And I did :)

My twin brother had attended this bootcamp 1 year before and, because of it, I knew I had the right mindset to become a programmer, so..

I applied to <Academia de Código_>'s (AC, for short) bootcamp without ever studying anything remotely close to programming. I did use and knew how to use several programs but I had no real knowledge of any programming language.

I solved their challenge and got a golden ticket to one of their workshop! YAY!

But I was so nervous that I f#$%ed up and got turned down. They asked me to go to a second workshop though..

..but, to attend that one I had to miss a trip to Peru (see ya some other time Machu Pichu..!) but I studied hard and worked to improve and I passed! I WAS IN :D

I was so happy to have finally found a bootcamp that taught just like I enjoyed learning.

The room is different, the teachers are different, everything is different... in a good way! You FEEL like you CAN BE YOUR AWKAWARD SELF. Nobody says anything if you don't go BUT YOU WAN'T TO GO EVERY DAY. Every day is exhausting BUT YOU ARE THERE THE NEXT MORNING. This.. my friends, is called PASSION.

This is what I found in AC_'s bootcamp, my passion for programming.

I also found myself explaining every solution to my peers, I WANTED them to FIND what I did and I tried my best to be understood.

AC_'s staff is: helpful, understanding, make you feel comfortable and they ALWAYS MAKE SURE that you learned the lesson.

Stop reading the reviews, stop searching, YOU FOUND IT.

Apply to one of <Academia de Código_>'s bootcamps right now!

IT

Have a great day!

Miguel Rocha

• Giuliano  User Photo
      Giuliano • Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I came from a totally different background and I realized that thanks to <Academia de Código_> I have learned to think properly. They provide you with both the technical skills and the mindset needed to succed in as a Fullstack Web Developer. You learn all the main tools, frameworks and libraries that are nowadays essential to every developer. You gain culture about this amazing technologic world that we live in and you become able to talk about code even to a child or a grandmother!

You really have to live, eat and breathe code for 14 weeks but you really feel that everyone get your back! They make it fun, challeging, rewarding and while learning and making friends, you trully feel that you get back all the effort you put in! Sometimes you cannot realize during the process, like it happened to me and some other coleagues, but when you're in the real world, you're ready to shine like the code rockstar they teach you how to become!

• João Marques  User Photo
      João Marques • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I've been taught by people that had power to share their programming passion to others, all the good ways to develop freakin awesome code, always ready to help and talk and I could be here the whole day saying only good things about this family that I earned. I ain't say that it was easy because it's far from that.

• Tome Lourenco  User Photo
      Tome Lourenco • Software developer && Data Analyst • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I was happily part of the 7th <AC_> Bootcamp in Fundao!
      Had a great feeling about it since the first moment when decided to apply! Everything was based on hard work, from the selection process to the successful market integration afterwards.
      The program was carefully created and crafted by amazing great professionals and delivered by a great team of individuals, in which, even them, were the direct result of <AC_> extraordinary methods!
      I felt that I've learned a LOOOOTTTT in a very short time, was able to dispute head to head interviews against bachelors and masters in Computer Science for Software Development roles and, in no moment felt less prepared!
      Be mindful, however, that practice makes perfection, its no miracle and demands a lot of effort, curiosity and long hours from your side if you plan to choose this path!
      As a career changer myself, with a very specific goal in mind, I can clearly state that I have done one of the best decisions in my life when choosing <AC_>!

• Mariano  User Photo
      Mariano • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I was skeptical about <A/C_> when I first heard of it. The more I looked, the more I got convinced it was the thing to do, but once I got there all my expectations were exceeded. Expecting it to be some boring classes like every other course I had taken, it is the polar opposite. You learn by having fun, when you make a question the answer is not immediate, you're pushed to think for yourself and find it. Apply your new learned skills in small projects every week, and then learn to work as a team with bigger creative projects and a final 24 hour hackathon, which will be unforgettable.

Fourteen weeks that will change your life!

• Renato Lopes  User Photo
      Renato Lopes • Full-Stack Software Developer • Student Verified via GitHub

from 0 to Fullstack remote software develloper working, from Portugal to Denmark!!!

Nothing more to say...They even found me a job within few days of finishing tge bootcamp.

• Best Bootcamp
      - 2/27/2019
      Roberto Pires  User Photo
      Roberto Pires • Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Did you ever thought of wanting to learn to code? and didn't want to go trought the hasle of going to a University, well Going to<AcademiadeCódigo_> teach me to code not just well but cleanly. Their teaching is just perfect, each step in a time, start small then going bigger and just at the right moment they test us with great challenges.
      Loved to take their bootcamp!

• Best. Family. EVER
      - 2/27/2019
      Belmiro Morais  User Photo
      Belmiro Morais • Centers Senior Specialist • Student Verified via GitHub

My experience with the <Academia de Código_> was the most intense I had in my life. I came from a background where I had some knowledge in programming, and I felt challenged by this adventure.

In an environment where new people could learn the new concepts with the help of the peers and the teachers, there was never a dull moment. The pace is perfect, between learning new concepts and putting them in practice.

The techonologies we learned were a perfect fit for the job industry and even interesting to learn as well.

One thing I am most proud of this home (<3) is that they do not just teach you how to do it. They teach you how to do it well.

As for the environment, it really felt like a second home. Every single one of the teachers welcomed us with open arms, voluntarily staying until way past their working hours just to teach the concepts to whoever did not catch it quite well the first time. There was a lot of activities to teach some harder concepts and to teach some boring bits, in a fun and interactive way.

I've been recommending this family to every friend who wants to start in the programming world and will keep doing so.

// Meanwhile, stayHungry++, stayFoolish++ && stayClose++!

• Amazing bootcamp
      - 10/4/2019
      David Ferreira • System Analyst at Itim • Graduate

The <Academia de Código_> bootcamp was an experience that prepared me not only to write code, but also to be a high-performance, best-practice professional who can adapt to any challenge.

• Miguel • Student

As a human with no prior background in programming, I found this to be the most challenging event of my life. I really believed it would be somehow easy since I did fairly well at university, but boy, I learned to not overestimate myself.

We learned a lot, and I mean a lot of great tools and went through many topics. Intensive and Imersive are really the words for it. Can't say that you will have the time to understand all of it, but the basics you will always stick with, and later on it will be helpful. Besides, you're going to meet people exactly on the same boat as you, and those feelings will make your class to really look like a family!

• Hugo Fernandes • Software Developer • Student

It was an amazing, super challenging and highly productive experience.

In addition to all technical skills acquired, we are constantly challenged to work our soft skills. The teaching method allows us to improve our resilience, communication  and above all our self-taught skills.

Throughout the bootcamp we are oriented on how we should look for a job and in fact i was surprised with the  number of contacts received from companies when bootcamp ended.

All of this is provided due to the effort and dedication of all the incredible staff of the <Academia de Código_>  that provide a wonderfull enviroment to the students in particular the teachers who make a perfect management of student's different learning rhythms.

An experience that I totally recommend to those who want to change their professional career.

• Rui Magalhães • Software Developer • Graduate

For the past few years, I'd been feeling unfulfilled with my job, and that prompted me to turn my life around and start a new, more challenging career.

When I finally felt ready to take that step I found <Academia de Código_>, and the journey in which I embarked was by no means a small step, rather a huge leap forward.

Through the course of 14 weeks I, along with my awesome 19 colleagues, grew both as individuals as well as Software Developers, as we tackled the everyday challenges and learned to take great pride in our work. Sometimes small, sometimes gargantuan, the increments in which both our technical and soft skills improved on a daily basis were always noticeable.

As we fostered friendships, 14 weeks felt both like a single week as well as 52 - a duality that makes sense only to the lucky ones that experienced firsthand the bootcamp that changed my life.

• Amazing!
      - 8/23/2019
      Milton • Full Stack Developer • Student

Unique experience, loved every minute of it.

• Emanuel Barcelos • Graduate

I've always had the desire to improve my IT knowledge. Programming was something i've always seen as a way to solve problems, but beside having done some programming side projects, I've always felt that my knowledge lacked the structure that would allow me to embrace bigger projects with a professional overview. Academia de Código gave me this background.  It was a very immersive experience, in a very demanding and personally challenging environment. The team is super skilled, the method is effective and the results speech for themselves.
      Since I truly love learning, this was a very rewarding experience. I would do it again! No doubts about it!