<Academia de Código_>
Founded in Lisbon in 2015, <Academia de Código_> offers 14-week full-time intensive and immersive full-stack programming bootcamps. With campuses in Lisbon, Oporto, Fundão, and Terceira Island, Portugal, <Academia de Código_> is a social impact startup committed to bringing talented minds out of unemployment.<Academia de Código_>'s immersive programming bootcamps welcome beginners of all ages (over 18) and backgrounds (degree not needed) as long as they are willing to fully and passionately commit to becoming professional junior software developers within a short period of time. Students are guided through the course by a team of instructors who are graduates of the bootcamp. <Academia de Código_> describes their teaching methods as "peculiar" and aimed at training students to write clean code.
<Academia de Código_> is committed to snatching talented minds out of unemployment and dead-end jobs, and providing unconditional support to help students land one of the 8000 unfilled tech jobs in Portugal. At each campus, different financing/sponsorship solutions are available to help candidates finance the bootcamp. Terms and conditions are listed on the <Academia de Código_> website.
Recent <Academia de Código_> Reviews: Rating 4.94
Recent <Academia de Código_> News
In PersonFull Time80 Hours/week14 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost €6,500 Class size 20 Location Lisbon, Fundão, Terceira Island, PortoDevelop a fullStack programmer's mindset that will allow you to switch freely between back-end && front-end like a bo$$. Use the freshest production techniques in software development, in a uniquely creative and disruptive environment that is both highly stimulating and uncannily informal. Become fluent in programming best practices as you boost your mad development skills using the coolest frameworks available to mankind. And, above all, learn to learn! (Which is, basically, the most useful skill that can ever be taught to a programmer!)
Deposit N/A FinancingIn each one of our campuses we offer different financing/sponsorship solutions to help talented candidates that cannot advance the bootcamp's fee. Its specific terms and conditions are listed on our site's FAQs.
<Academia de Código_> Reviews
122 reviews sorted by:
- A Life-Changing Experience- 9/8/2021Carlos Fonseca • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedInFor those interested in programming and looking for a change in their lives, this is the right opportunity. It will be tough and challenging, but hey, nothing that's easy in life would be really worth it in the end.
You'll learn more than you think, make friendships for life and get a new perspective about the future.
Even after the end of the bootcamp, the given support until you get a job is amazing. You'll never be alone.
- Miguel Piedade • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedInThe bootcamp provides an extremely well-thought out and focused curriculum, as well as a fostering community (staff and colleagues). The intense work rhythm, allied with the "learn to learn" mentality, was the perfect way to fully dive into the programming world, with the true reward being becoming confident to face any future challenges with positivity, resilience and resourcefulness.
- A unique experience to learn coding while loving it, without any particular IT background- 7/21/2021Tomás Tenreiro • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInI've attended this bootcamp in the start of 2021 in the midst of the pandemic, which for me resulted in a full remote experience.
Even with that handicap I had a great experience.
This is because Academia de Código adapts in each iteration to the group and current technologies.
It also manages very well to highlight the joys of coding by having teachers that can connect well with the students.
After its completion, the job hunting assistance is great aswell, by scheduling meetings between IT recruiters and students, while giving tips for them.
- Much more than a bootcamp- 7/7/2021João Paulo Luciano da Silva • FullStack Developer • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedInA unique and incredible experience.
The Code Academy aims to transform lives and they did it to me.
Everything is very intense, but it prepares us in the best way to enter the job market.
Dedicated teachers who are always willing to help.
Thank you for everything you are.
- A real opportunity- 6/15/2021Tiago Miranda • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great school, great content- 5/26/2021Fabz • Software engineer • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedIn
- I learned to code, and much more!!- 5/20/2021Pedro Tomás • Junior Full-Stack Developer • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInIf you think they will teach you how to write lines of code and make stuff happen on the computer, you're right!! But there's so much more than that!
This Bootcamp is a life-changing experience, where you are put out of your comfort zone Every. Single. Day! It looked a bit daunting at first, but I came to realize that I was also evolving at an incredible speed!
"You must trust the process!" is something that we regularly heard, and it applies! In 14 weeks I learned to code, to face challenges, to overcome fears, and always give my best!
And as a bonus, I also got a new family!
- Promise delivered!- 5/16/2021Décio Soares • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInIt is fast-paced. It is hard. It can be wacky at times. This Bootcamp surely delivers its promise. I went from code noob to professional in 14 most amazing weeks, landing a job soon after!
As soon as I met the Master Coders through the selection phase and up to the actual Bootcamp, I realized that coding is not all about technical skills (worry not, the MCs will make sure you get your mad skills!) but also about culture! All professional fields have their own quirks and at <Academia de Código_> I got to know about all these cool meta topics and as the weeks went by I felt ever more proficient talking about code and technology. I was truly becoming a software developer!
Most importantly, I never felt lonely on this trip. As with all good things in life, great achievements are conquered with team spirit, and the MCs and all the incredible human structure around them made sure I and all my fellow boot campers always felt like a team - "no-one gets left behind!" was our motto.
It couldn't have been any other way. This Bootcamp is life-changing, and as such, it comes with a price: hard work. But have no doubt you will always find yourself propelled forward by the great <Academia de Código_> team!
One last note: even when you think the Bootcamp is about to end and you will be on your own, the great Placement Team will kick in. They'll go to extremes to make sure you have all the support you need to land that job you are probably dreaming about right now!
- How to become and amazing programmer/genius!!- 5/13/2021Paulo Moutinho • Junior Programmer • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedInWhere to start? Maybe from the beginning. That initial flirt, that started somewhere in the last couple of years. That was basically me sharing my information and motivations, and they falling in love with me. Then immediately the rollercoaster began. After some time, breaking through the n01r, some challenges to learn the basis of programming, and to test our logical thinking, I got the almighty golden ticket. And so was able to attend the workshop, a day where we can experience the full experience of a day in a life of a < Code Cadet_>. After that, I experienced days of pure horror, as I taught to myself? "How can they like me; I suck so much..." But after a couple of days my phone rang, it was my < Master Coder > Christina saying I got in.For the first time in my life, I felt like I’ve won the lottery.
The course per se, is awesome. It's very newb friendly, but in the end, we feel like a pro. It's like a full journey that transforms us from and unhatched egg into a full IV grown lvl 100 Charizard. It's done to cover every simple aspect of the computer world; we travel at a high-speed pace from electricity to programming bank transactions. All the alumni are reachable, and won’t care to spend hours talking about the Bootcamp experience. And the detail team, is one of the most thoughtful and caring I've crossed paths with. They surely Enlighted my world, and I was in a very dark place. Then after this 14 week, all you want to do is sleep, but you have a flee like Placement Team, always calling you, always arranging meetings, so you can grab your first job A$AP. I can stand my feet, that there is nowhere around, a better team. < Academia de Código_> is much more than just a programming bootcamp, you start looking for a way to turn your life around, but end up with a family.
- The best learning experience I've ever had!- 5/7/2021Vania Costa • Junior Programmer • Graduate • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedInAlthough my bootcamp was almost all remote, I didn't miss out on my learning experience, I was even more focused because I could hear every detail of the lectures (and all the jokes!). We made a Discord server and we were helping each other or just talking and playing most nights. The learning rhythm is so intensive that when it was over I kept going on studying every day, because there was all I knew! You literally feel like it's been years after a few weeks of lectures. If programming is what you want and what you enjoy doing, invest in you by learning while having the best experience ever! In my personal experience, after less than 2 weeks I had 3 job offers, I look forward to my successful future as a Full Stack Software Developer!
- Life Changing- 5/7/2021João Silva • Student • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Lisbon • Verified via LinkedIn
- Life changing- 5/3/2021Leandro Leite • Student • Course: 14-Week Intensive && Immersive Full-Stack Programming Bootcamp • Campus: Porto • Verified via LinkedInThe 14-week boot camp from Academia de Código allowed me to make a career shift from Mechanical Engineering to the IT space. This was exactly what I needed and it did overcome my initial expectations. If you don't feel like you're having any progress in your career, just go for it!