smu-boot-camps-logo

SMU Boot Camps

Akron, Dallas, Dallas

SMU Boot Camps

Southern Methodist University (SMU) Boot Camps offer 12-week, full-time, and 24-week, part-time web development and data science courses in Dallas, TX, and online. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, MySQL, Git, Java, and more. The data science curriculum includes Advanced Excel, Python, JavaScript (D3.js, Leaflet.js), HTML5/CSS, API Interactions, Social Media Mining, SQL, Tableau, Advanced Statistics, Machine Learning, R, Git/GitHub, and more. Students will enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Both the online and on-campus SMU Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, mock interviews, one-on-one career coaching, and more. Upon program completion, students will receive a certificate in Data Science or a certificate in Full Stack Web Development from SMU Continuing and Professional Education (SMU CAPE) and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development or data science.

Southern Methodist University (SMU) Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent SMU Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 5.0

all (17) reviews for SMU Boot Camps →

Recent SMU Boot Camps News

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

Dallas
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    Dallas
    SMU Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    Dallas
    SMU Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.

2 Scholarships

• $500 SMU Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive SMU Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Dallas)
  • $500 SMU Boot Camps Scholarship

• Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Dallas)

• A Worthy Challenge
    - 2/21/2019
    Alexander Osborn  User Photo
    Alexander Osborn • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I found and enrolled in this program shortly after graduating with my Bachelor's. I already knew I wanted to pursue web development, and I figured having a program like this on my resume would help get my foot in more doors. I must say, the content of the course and the backing of the career services has provided me with the confidence to hop back into the job market armed with the right tools. Is it right for me? I am but a humble computer programmer who was looking to add more tools to my toolbelt. Many of my classmates were from all walks of life, looking to mix things up a bit. Whatever the reason, if you are interested in knowing what makes the latest web applications tick and want to be part of that, then you are definitely in the right place. Is it difficult? They don't call this a "bootcamp" for nothing. You will be tested; your problem-solving skills will be exercised to the max; you will be frequenting StackOverflow and online documentation until your brain hurts. But nothing can top the sheer satisfaction making a complex program FINALLY produce the expected output. I want to be able to look back someday at a complex program I had a part in operating in the wild and say to myself "Hey, I made that happen." So save yourself or BUCKLE UP! How's the workload? The brochure said to expect about 20 hours a week outside of class on homework and prep-work in addition to the 10 hours of lecture per week. That's a pretty accurate estimation on average. Some of the more trivial projects for me took 5 to 10 hours at most on some weeks. However, some of the real tricky monsters had me buried in documentation and tests for close to 30 or more on other weeks. If you already work a significant number of hours at your current job, be prepared for some late nights. Do I need a programming background before starting this course? It helps, but it's not going to make or break you. You may have to go through a bunch of examples and get down in the weeds before something finally clicks, but it's not impossible. Career Services and you The program offers career services for students who are interested. Should you choose to opt-in to it, they help get your resume and online presence spruced up to show employers the key points they look for in potential hires. They also offer a bunch of resources to peruse and make use of. A great support system if you need some guidance in the job hunt. Should I go for it? Some things in life aren't worth achieving if they're easy. Believe me, you will be tested, but the challenge was worth it. Now is the right time to jump into the tech field, because who knows what computers will be capable of in 10 years.

Sunday, Feb 24 2019
    We're thrilled you enjoyed the program, Alexander! Thank you for sharing your boot camp journey and providing useful feedback for prospective students to keep in mind. Like you mentioned, this course is challenging but worth it. Congratulations on graduating, we're confident you will go on to do great things with your newfound knowledge!
  • Very good
    - 2/20/2019
    Benjamin Arthur Massey  User Photo
    Benjamin Arthur Massey • Student Verified via GitHub

I just graduated from this course and it was an extremely good choice for someone that is ready to start a carreer. The staff is incredibly helpful and willing to help no matter how stressful or complicated the problem is that you are experiencing. the TA's not only just graduated from the course but continue to expand thier knowledge of the subject which in turn helps the students. after six months of extremely hard work and dedication I would recomend this course to anyone that has a good work ethic and is ready to change carrers.

Sunday, Feb 24 2019
    Way to go, Benjamin! We're happy you found our team to be helpful in navigating challenging problems. Congratulations on your recent graduation, we applaud all your hard work! Best of luck as you move forward.
  • A Great Course
    - 2/20/2019
    Alec Harris  User Photo
    Alec Harris • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I just recently graduated from the course this past weekend, and I am very satisfied with it. The instructors are phenomenal, career services is very helpful, and I definitely feel like I learned a lot. I entered the course with some programming experience in Python, but no experience in web development. I am happy to say that I am now more than capable of building functional, complex websites and have already landed two job interviews, so clearly the skills that I've learned and projects I've created are of interest to employers.

My only complaint with the course is that at times the curriculum feels a bit outdated. We spent a lot of time on jQuery and Bootstrap, but neither seem to be particularly valued by most employers. We spent only a small amount of time on React, but most jobs I would like to apply for require it, and I feel that spending more time on it in class would have been greatly beneficial. Overall, this isn't a huge problem, as with the knowledge I have now, I don't feel like it will be difficult to polish my skills in areas we didn't spend as much time on, and it is useful to have skills that are no longer cutting edge so that I can work with older code bases. However, it is still a tad bit disappointing that I feel like I have no real use for some of the early technologies we learned in the class.

That said, I would still highly recommend the course to anyone who is interested in becoming a web developer. It is definitely worth the price.

Friday, Feb 22 2019
    Thank you for your review, Alec! We're thrilled you found our entire boot camp team to be helpful and supportive. We understand you would have liked to spend more time focusing on React. Our program prides itself on teaching students how to learn, providing a strong foundation they can use to master additional languages and concepts following graduation. We're constantly working on improving our curriculum to ensure individuals are learning the most valuable technologies, so we truly appreciate you sharing this feedback. Congratulations on graduating! All the best as you move forward.
  • Osman Caliskan  User Photo
    Osman Caliskan • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I have just finished and graduated from this program couple days ago.

Before this course, I found couple alumni on  linkedin and asked them some questions regarding the course. After hearing positive responses from them I had decided to apply.

Our program was 24 weeks long and we had classes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. It was a flex program, so I did not have to quit from my job. Majority of the classroom were full-time employed people.

When I started this course I had no prior knowledge about web development and coding.

This course is not definitely easy, but  with hardwork and dedication you will absolutely learn a lot of things that you never achieved by yourself. It requires at least 20-25 hours self study each week. At the beginning of the course,we were clearly told that this course requires self study. This course provides excellent resources and free online tutoring. Also each lessons are recorded, so you can watch them again when you need them.

Instructors are very knowledgeable and  each classes has at least two TA's to make sure students understand lesson content. During the course we  have learned HTML, CSS, Javascript, Node JS, Express JS, MySql, MongoDB, React JS. At the end of the course, I was able to create my own ecommerce website.

Overall my experience with SMU Bootcamp is very positive and I highly recommend this course to everyone who is looking for a new career in this field.

Wednesday, Feb 20 2019
    Amazing, Osman! We're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development and completely agree that although this course is not easy, with hard work and dedication you can master the material. Congratulations on your recent graduation and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best in your coding endeavors.
  • Niko Roberts  User Photo
    Niko Roberts • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    Why choose SMU?

Not only does this program provide incredible support and resources, well versed and experienced instructors, and some of the most dedicated TAs, but you have the added benefit of the SMU name when you leave which looks great on resumes and lets potential employers know you are serious.

How is SMU's bootcamp different from the others?

There are multiple reasons in my opinion that make SMU stand out. One is the overall passion the staff has for seeing their students succeed and doing everything they can to help you be successful. The instructors are experienced, not only in web development but in teaching fairly difficult subjects to students of various backgrounds.

Another reason is the time and flexibility presented in this course. Many bootcamps are 3 month full-time programs(and SMU does have the option I believe) but for a lot of people like myself it can be very trying even down right impossible to cram all that learning into a three month period, let alone maintain a job throughout. SMU offers a 24 week(6 month) part-time schedule which is far more achievable and allows extra time to really absorb everything you're learning.

Final Thoughts

I highly recommend this bootcamp! The amount of support received throughout my experience was wonderful. I personally got a little behind early on and my instructors and TAs reached out with genuine concern and support, finding any and every way they could to assist me through difficult times and ensuring my success. Not only is this program manageable, affordable, and enjoyable, but the entire community is there for you when you struggle. Instead of leaving you behind when you fall, they help you up and walk along side you to make sure you meet your goals. SMU is #1 in my book and I guarantee your experience here will truly be life changing.

Monday, Feb 18 2019
    Way to go, Niko! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and felt supported by our entire instructional team. We love what we do, so reviews like yours truly resonate with us. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate you sharing your boot camp journey! Best of luck in all your coding endeavors.
  • Julio Sanchez  User Photo
    Julio Sanchez • Full Stack Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I just finished and graduate 2-16-19

Should you attend?

This is an easy yes!  I tried teaching myself how to code for about 2 years (on and off) before joining SMU Coding Bootcamp.  Once I got HTML and CSS I got to javascript and I just couldn't get myself to learn it.  The reason was that I wasn't consistent and I never tried building anything with the knowledge I had.  I kept bouncing from tutorial to tutorial.  Attending the boot camp fixed that and my ability to learn and understand javascript and the other technologies I learned skyrocketed.

Is it easy?

No, but it is VERY, VERY doable!  Do not join without knowing you will dedicate at least 20 hours of self-study each week.  We were told from the very beginning that we spend 10 hours in class and need to study 20 hours on our own, so the majority of the leaning is done on your self-study time.  However, the boot camp gives you structure and excellent recourses with your instructor, TA's and free online tutoring (1 hr per week).

Frustration and Doubt

You WILL be frustrated and you will think you're not getting and just falling behind.  Trust me, everyone feels like this!  I'm pretty sure my last 8 to 10 weeks were nothing but frustration.  You will not be able to see the improvements you're making but your Instructor and TA's can see it.  Do not give up.  You will get it and you won't believe what you know on the last day from the first day.

Veteran's

If you are a Veteran the course is 100% paid for by your 9/11 GI Bill and you get a housing stipend.  Nothing better I can say about that!

Career Service's

For reasons that fit my situation, I did not make full use of career services, but I did attend some of the online sessions.  I was very impressed with the quality and knowledge of the team that is set up to help you land a job at the end.  The sessions and "assignments" offered by Career Services are not mandatory so it's very easy to ignore them and think you'll catch up later.  If you want/need a job after graduation DO NOT fall behind with this.

Final Thoughts

This is obviously the only boot camp I've attended so I don't have anything to really compare it against.  That said, I know that I never would have gained the amount of knowledge I know now on my own...I tried.  The instructors and TA's were awesome and ALWAYS available and willing to help.  SMU Coding Boot Camp was one of the best choices I made in 2018.

If you want to get a better idea of my journey you can check out my YouTube channel where I document it.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrPq8rboAHlocWzbrTGIlQw

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions.

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/julio-sanchez-a41404b9/

Twitter: @TechLifeJulio

Friday, Feb 15 2019
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Julio! We're glad you benefited from the structure of the program and the support from our entire boot camp team. Great advice for prospective students: do not give up. Congratulations on your upcoming graduation, we love receiving feedback like yours! We’re cheering you on as you move forward in your career.
  • Henry Winget  User Photo
    Henry Winget • Full Stack Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

It's always a little scary changing jobs. It's frightening changing careers. Fortunately, I chose the right one.

In January 2018, my experience with coding was, well, Myspace layouts in the mid 2000's to junior computer science courses 7 years ago in high school. In July, I went from barely getting my way around a command line prompt to pumping out full-stack web applications I could be proud of.

I will say, this is not a magic pill you can swallow, nor is it to be looked at like a passive investment you can throw money at to instantly become a coding wizard. It's a serious amount of work that takes serious dedication. You MUST have an inviting, open-mind with a desire to learn, yearning to go home and research more about what you didn't digest in class, discipline in practice, and you need to be able to handle rejection. Your computer will (likely) reject every problem you try to solve 9 times out 10 until you try that euphoric number 10, and your current solution works as desired (sometimes).

Ultimately, everything you do boils down to 0's and 1's. If you do not have any of the traits above, you will be hitting 0's and not meeting the necessary conditionals, yet if you can do all of the above, you are a perfect, sweet, beautiful 1 and can do whatever you want.

The class begins by walking you down memory lane of the beginnings of the internet and how absolutely horrible we had it. You'll learn how to operate a command line, HTML and CSS (Myspace anyone?), then you'll get into Javascript and Jquery and you'll feel terrible about every life decision you made to that point. But don't panic, the class will move fast, and you won't feel confident and comfortable with every step. But you will practice, and you will learn on your own, and then you'll practice, and then you'll watch some kid on YouTube breeze through something you thought was practically impossible, and then you'll practice, and then you'll do your homework, and then you will get more practice.

You'll learn what an API is, move on to database management like Firebase and MySQL, and those together will change your views on how the world handles, stores, and processes information (sometimes, a lot of the times, your personal information!). You'll get into Node.js and not have any idea what it is until you start doing it and continue to do it and, of course, practice. And after that, you might still not know what it is, but you might, probably just know what it does but, eventually, you'll get into firing up an Express server and BOOM, you've created a full-stack application with no clue on how to replicate it aside from looking at previous class examples and/or your code.

And that's okay, keep doing that.

After that, holy smokes MongoDB, why do we even use SQL databases anymore? To make a long story short on that, it's flexible, easier to query (and store data) and there are dozens of free services that do most of that for you. But, on the other hand, SQL has the upper hand when it comes to joining and organizing two or more sets of data. But that's not relevant right now.

What I was getting to this entire time was the mac-daddy React.js. This is going to be very painful, but it is going to be the MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE CLASS. I said that right, it will combine your entire set of skills up to that point and test your patience on multiple levels. React.js is a front-end framework (what does that mean? *answer: GOOGLE IT*) that the lizard people over at Facebook developed that changed the game for web development (I'm leaving Angular and Vue out of the conversation because I don't know them and I don't talk to strangers). But for real, it's a tough-TOUGH part of the curriculum because it leaves a lot of what you've done with HTML/Handlebars/Jquery by the wayside and makes you rethink the way you construct your applications. Luckily, elements of the above still apply which means you can squiggle by, but it will be an essential part of your hiring process as multiple companies are looking for Full Stack MERN (MongoDB/Express/React/Node) Developers.

This class will not hold your hand through the experience. You will be challenged. You will need to practice. You might be in luck, like I was, and have an awesome, engaging, experienced instructor and supported by patient, graduates of the program in teaching assistants and it will make your life easier.

I landed a contract position with an IT service management company two months after the course ended, and you'll see me in February as a patient, graduate of the program, teaching assistant.

I recommend this to you on the previous conditions of 0's and 1's.

var student;

if(student === 1) {

student = fullStackDeveloper;

} else {

student = unsuccessful;

}

Remember, Google and YouTube are your friends, reviewing your, or other people code is your partner, asking for help is your doctor, and practice is your job.

Good luck!

Monday, Oct 15 2018
    Amazing, Henry! We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and providing prospective students a detailed glimpse of the boot camp journey. It's great to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and were supported by our entire instructional team. Congratulations on completing the course and on your exciting new career role! We wish you all the success in your future endeavors.
  • Jason Warner  User Photo
    Jason Warner • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Hat's off to the entire staff that put together our Coding Bootcamp experience. Their passion for helping each student succeed far exceeded my expectations. As previously mentioned in the comments, the instructors are top industry professionals, knowledgeable about the technologies being taught and offer industry insight that you wouldn't get without on campus classes. You also have TA's available, ones that have already gone through the course with tremendous success. They understand the struggles and are their to guide you along the way. Our student success manager and career services team are also very helpful. Point blank, this team is full invested in your individual success.

As far as technologies, you start with a foundation in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and jQuery. You are then exposed to more complex, but very useful tools, that help round out your front end skills before diving into database structures and back end technologies. Before you know it, you are designing a full fledge application using the MERN stack. After 7 months, you'll have an understanding of MVC frameworks, user authentication, JSON Web Tokens, React, ES6, and much more.

The course is rigorous, fast paced, and demanding, but the hard hours are worth it. I feel much more qualified in my career transition than if I were to have studied on my own. I highly recommend this Coding Bootcamp to all interested in starting a web development career.

Thursday, Jul 26 2018
    Thank you for your review, Jason! We are truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're thrilled to hear you enjoyed our curriculum and our entire team of instructors, TAs, Student Success Manager, and career services. Like you mentioned, this course is fast-paced and demanding, but worth it. Congratulations on all the hard work you dedicated and on graduating from such a rigorous program! We wish you continued success in all your future goals.
  • Amazing program
    - 7/19/2018
    Amber Phillips  User Photo
    Amber Phillips Verified via LinkedIn

I had no experience coding before starting this bootcamp. My experience was soley in the financial industry. I was referred by a friend to attend SMU's bootcamp because I have wanted to break into the tech industry for quite sometime now. After going through this program all I can say is wow. The sleepless nights are worth it when you go through this program. It is very hands on and challenging to say the least. The instructional staff are professionals who have experience in the industry. You get a student success manager, career services, and access to Teachers Assistants who are willing to help you every step of the way.

Friday, Jul 20 2018
    Way to go, Amber! We are so happy you chose our program to break into the tech industry. You are completely right that this is a hands-on and challenging course, requiring additional time outside the classroom to master the topics and concepts. As such, it's great to know our entire team supported you every step of the way. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Ka-Ri Walker • Design Technology Solution Architect • Student

Hi,

A little about me and why I enrolled in a data science Bootcamp. I attended college in the late 90s and unfortunately had to leave before finishing to join the workforce. I have been working in my current industry for 20 years although hard to advance I was able to make some advancements. However, there is a ceiling in most industries for individuals without certifications and/or college degrees. So time after time I have taken every available online resource to advance my knowledge in programming, design applications that are relevant in my current field. I have spent about 6 months in the past year trying to ensure I was advancing and found that many industries are changing fast with the vast amounts of data available and highly underused. I spent hours online learning as much as possible but, it was apparent that I need even more and began to research Bootcamps. What stood out to me is that SMU college had Bootcamp that provided more than just the training it also provided guidance in many aspects that were attractive to me.

The course is very challenging in every way. You will be required to take your success into your own hand and put everything you have into it. The 3 day a week course work is great however, you will need to push yourself to find every available resource you can to be successful course work. I find that its 100% up to you what you get from and out of the course.

The course opens with Excel and VBA which is great to get your feet wet, however, I would have liked more Power BI and or tools that are available as of today. however, I do realize there are many companies that are still using basic excel and VBA. Looking over the curriculum I would have liked more R or time in emerging technologies. the overall curriculum to me made sense and built on the weeks past.

I am doing my review at the end of week 13 and it has for me been such a blast!

SUA SPONTE

Friday, May 03 2019
    Thank you for sharing your current experience, Ka-Ri! We're glad to hear our program is helping you advance your skill set. We're constantly optimizing our curriculum to ensure individuals are learning the most valuable technologies, so we appreciate your feedback. Continue working hard, we can't wait to see you successfully complete the boot camp!
  • Cheddi Charles • High School Math Teacher • Graduate

When I just started the program, I was a bit nervous since I did not have much experience in this academic field. I was given the motivation from my instructors and tutors that I am doing great with the fact I have to do a lot of work on my own. There were days that went pretty good and there were other days that you fell like giving up. The  assisitance from my instructor, classmates and tutors were extremely good and there is this family-like atmosphere that made you feel that you are not alone.

At the end of the course I can say I learnt a lot of new information which to me sets the foundation of becoming an expert in this  full stack develpment. Whether you are learnig about JS, REACT or the different databases such MYSQL or MONGO , I was thrilled of so much can be done with these information. I will say I did not regret it but you have to be GRIT it after all , success comes by working smart and perseverence.

Sunday, Feb 24 2019
    Thanks so much, Cheddi! It's great to hear our instructional team motivated you, especially through challenging days when you need it the most. Great advice — success comes with perseverance and working smart. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
  • Coding Boot Camp
    - 2/14/2019
    Jeff Crump • Student

The course moved quickly, which is to be expected in a boot camp.  The in-class work and homework assignments were appropriate for learning the material that was presented in the lectures.  The expectation that was set before I started the class was that I would need to spend at least 15 hours a weeki outside of class to learn the material.  As it turns out, I needed to spend closer to 20 hours per week to keep up.  Overall, the course was both challenging and a lot of fun.  I would recommend this class to anyone who is motivated to become a developer but needs to develop the necessary skills.

Thursday, Feb 14 2019
    Congratulations on graduating, Jeff! We're glad you enjoyed the curriculum and the program as a whole. Like you mentioned, prospective students will have to spend extensive time outside the classroom to master the course material. Thank you for your review, we wish you the best in all your future endeavors!
  • Edwin Martinez • Graduate
    This course is the one to take if you want teachers and student success managers that want to see you succeed. Not only do they support you all the way through the program through various avenues they also assist you in being career ready!
    Thursday, Feb 14 2019
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Edwin! We're passionate about what we do, so we're thrilled to hear you felt supported by our entire team. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future aspirations!
  • Sandra Marquez • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate

I relocated from El Paso, Tx to Dallas, Tx with the sole purpose of attending the SMU Coding Bootcamp. The entire process from the beginning to end was a delightful  journey. The program is well executed with plenty of support to aid you along  the way. Having a background in Logistics, this field was entirely new for me, but boy did I learn more than I could have ever expected. I learned to build games, create servers, work with libraries, store information on databases and so on.  The takeaway was substantial and now I am a new person. I went from having no  knowledge to building beautiful applications in the span of six months. As I  mentioned before the support offered was a great addition to the course. Having either your private tutor or a one on one in class in addition to the instructors support. Hats off to Mr. Shantanu, Carlos, Joey, Andrew and Kendrick for all their help along the way. I also would like to thank Norma for all her support and guidance on the journey towards employment with my new knowledge and I must add Netreia who was always there making sure all my needs were met throughout the entire course. I recommend this program to anyone who is thinking of either a) entering a new field or b) expanding their current knowledge within the industry.

Monday, Feb 05 2018
    Hi Sandra,Congratulations on completing the boot camp! We're glad that you found this course to be a delightful experience, and that you learned so many valuable new skills through our program.Receiving feedback like this makes us incredibly proud of our team as a whole for having provided you with the support you needed to be successful. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience. We wish you the very best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Good Course
    - 10/19/2017
    Tyler Lackey • Jr. Software Engineer • Graduate

I had a good experience with SMU's coding bootcamp. All the teachers and TA's are real helpful and friendly. I landed a new postion as a Jr. Software Engineer a month or two before class had even ended.

Monday, Oct 23 2017
    Hi Tyler, Congratulations on your new position as a Jr. Software Engineer! We're glad that you had such a positive experience with this program. It makes us proud of our team to hear that your instructors and TA's provided you with the help you needed. We're cheering you on as you move forward in your career.
  • Colin McDonnell • Graduate

I attended the SMU coding bootcamp from April-October of 2017. Before taking this course I had no knowledge of web or software development. To be honest, I was not tech savy in the slightest. Fortunately my instructors were highly knowledgable and passionate about coding. Matt Vella was my teacher and I never felt left behind with his teaching style. He made sure we didn't move on to the next technology/language until we understood the current lesson. In just 6 months, Matt and the teacher assistants, Megan and Tiffany helped transform me into a confident developer. I am excited for my new career to start and cannot praise this program enough.

Monday, Oct 23 2017
    Thank you so much for your review, Colin! We're thrilled to hear that our program has had such a positive impact on your career. We know the importance of quality instruction and academic support, so it's excellent that our instructors and TA's provided you with the guidance and assistance you needed to become a confident web developer. It means a lot to us that our program has earned your praise. We hope you're proud of all the hard work you put into this course. Congratulations on completing the program, we wish you the very best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Worth it
    - 2/14/2019

If you have the time, outside of your current job to dedicate to this program, it is worthwhile

Thursday, Feb 14 2019
    Thank you for your review, we're happy to hear you found our program to be worthwhile! All the best as you move forward.