v-school-logo

V School

Beirut, Cape Coast, Online, Provo, Salt Lake City

V School

V School is a technology school in Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah, with online and in-person, part-time and full-time programs, in full stack web development and experience design (XD). V School’s mission is to refactor edtech so that students learn hard and soft skills to assist them in finding a more fulfilling career. Curricula is created by industry thought leaders to meet the needs of the industry. The V School staff to student ratio is 1:8, and the full stack program includes MERN stack technology (MongoDB, Express, React.js, Node.js) and front end web development. Experience design includes UX, UI and related Adobe programs.

V School offers free student housing, discounted public transit, a laptop rental program, a number of scholarships and creative funding options; including an income share agreement where students pay back tuition after they get a job. V School is committed to student success and timely job outcomes and provides students with access to lifetime career support, co-working environments, and a community network of tech entrepreneurs and industry leading staff.

Recent V School Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (52) reviews for V School →

Recent V School News

Read all (11) articles about V School →
  • Experience Design (FT)

User Experience Design
    LocationSalt Lake City
    Never before has the design + education communities come together in a more electric way! Introducing V School’s User Experience Design Course. We have literally assembled the founders / creators at some of the best creative agencies in the country, to create a curriculum + teach the design concepts that are leading the industry. V School’s skill-builder (part-time) course is engineered for the individual within the design or frontend development fields looking to make a switch to UX Design or level-up their overall skills. As a designer you will learn the essentials of wireframing, prototyping, testing and how the UX process fits into the design and development workflow. As a developer, you will leave with a solid understanding of how user experience and design inform the structure of great apps. All students will leave with a robust portfolio project including wireframes, user data and a clickable prototype of an interactive project.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit
    Tuition Plans$1400+ Women, Minority, Military and Financial Hardship Scholarships available. Applications are administered upon enrollment.
  • Full Stack JavaScript (FT)

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, Design, CSS, Express.js, React.js, Node.js
    LocationSalt Lake City
    The Full Stack JavaScript Web Development course is a 12 Week, 600 hour, immersive approach to both front and back end development through HTML, CSS, JavaScript, MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, Node.js, jQuery and React.js. Students are trained in understanding, manipulating, creating and querying databases and APIs, client-side development including responsive web design and dynamic interfaces, and basic Agile/SCRUM Project Management. Students are also trained and coached in best practices for finding employment in the tech industry including resume work, networking, technical interviewing and more. Completion of this course will require at least 95% attendance and a brief, final website presentation during the last week of the course. V School adheres to a Pass/Fail grading policy. Graduates of this course will receive a Full Stack JavaScript Web Development certificate of completion. Students meet both Online and In Person, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Mountain Time for 12 weeks.
    Available through SkillsFund and Climb Credit and Pave
    Tuition PlansYes
    Scholarship$1400+ Women, Minority, Military and Financial Hardship Scholarships available. Applications are administered upon enrollment.
    Prep Work30 hours of basic HTML/CSS and JavaScript study + Coding Project proving understanding of these concepts to be evaluated by an instructor before attending the course.

- 10/12/2017
    AJ  User Photo
    AJ • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

V School was great!  I loved the instructors, the lessons, and the culture.  I had a great time and I'm amazed at what I know now vs three months ago.  Loved the whole experience.

• Eric • Student

I just started my 5th week, as a member of the February cohort, and so far I could not speak more highly of V School. I will reserve my full review of V School until i graduate, but as of right now my experience as been extremely positive.

THE STAFF/INSTRUCTORS - This is probably V-School's strongest suit. All of the instructors are extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. They all know the ins and outs of web development so any question you could possibly have, they will either know the answer or point you in the right direction. They never spoon feed you information, but at the same time are always ready and able to help when you are 100% stuck. As far as availability goes, they're always willing to help and take time oustide of class to answer questions.

THE CURRICULUM - Whoever designed this curriculum is a genius - it is very, very well put together. The exercises are all designed to strengthen the material you went over in lecture that day and all of the lecture material is up to date and easy to understand. The curriculum covers all the important information you could possibly need to know to truly UNDERSTAND the code you are writing and not just be a copy/paste coder.

DAY-TO-DAY - Every morning we start with warmups which are typically algorithmic in nature to get our brains in gear for the lectures and exercises that day. We typically receive multiple lectures every day by the instructors, each folllowed by its corresponding exercise. The exercises are intended to solidify the lecture material. At the end of the week, we are assigned larger projects that encompass and utilize several concepts to ensure we understand everything. The structure of our weeks so far, has really helped me gain a good grasp on the material.

CAREER DEVELOPMENT - We have received solid information, starting from week 2, regarding career development. On a weekly basis we attend lectures on things like resume and linkedin building. Additionally, we frequently have QA sessions with industry experts such as recruiters, UX engineers, ReactJS developers, and hiring partners. The amount of resources availale is honestly amazing.

MY ONLY REGRET SO FAR - is that I am a remote student. The free-housing that the in-person students get seems like an amazing perk and the ability to make friends with one another in person seems invaluable. That being said, everyone has been really friendly to me even as a remote student. My advice to anyone thinking about doing V school is to try and go IN PERSON if you can because I'm sure the experience is that much better. If remote is the only option though, like it was for me, then its still totally worth it.

To Be Continued when I finish...

• It's great!
    - 3/10/2017
    Haitham Abou Harash • Graduate

The best experience I've ever had!,

Great teachers, Excellent course, V School is the place to be if you are willing to learn from the best!

• Daniel Bolognino • Student

I am in my fourth week of the program and I can truly say V School is freakin' great. The instructors are super dope and make sure you really get down the cirriculum.  The learning environment is pretty cool and is really solid place to get work done, which allows you to really progress your coding skills.  V School also provides you with job assistance and access to all of thier hiring networks, which was a real dealbreaker for me when choosing to attend.  Overall, I've learned a great deal in the time I've been here, and I have confidence in finding a job after completing the course!

• Aaron • Student

I am currently attending the V School and honestly couldn't be happier to attend this bootcampl. Application process was not only easy, but made me excited to get started. Now that I am in the course, I can see that the instructors truly care about my success and they will do everything in their power to make sure I understand the content.  They have a team here to help us with our resumes and portfolios as well as helping us network with potential future employers.  I couldn't be happier with my choice to attend V School, I know this is a game-changer for me!

• Steve Davis • Student

I'm still in the program, but so far it's great! The instructors are always friendly and willing to help you out if you need it, don't be afraid to ask! Don't expect to be spoon fed success though. The class moves lightning fast and you will be getting information from a firehose. Your succes with this course will depend on what your willing to put into it. If you are ready to work hard and turn your life around, this is the place to do it!

• Game Changer!
    - 1/27/2017
    Evan • Student

Only 1 month in and I have already learned SO much! I recommend this school to everyone! the reviews that mention the rebranding as a bad thing just had a bad experience themselves. I have asked about it a bunch of times and the teachers are open to discuss what happened. don’t think of it as some dark secret, it’s not.

the teachers are awesome and are willing to help you every step of the way. one thing that sold me is they own themselves! Iron yard is owned by University of Phoenix and this tares down their ability to change curriculum on what the industry needs.

HIGHLY recommend!

• Awesome bootcamp!
    - 1/27/2017
    Daniel Pak • Student

The best bootcamp experience I could have asked for! Instructors are very knowledgeable and helpful! Everyone here really puts importance into your future! If you're thinking about it, definitely apply!

• Alex • Applicant

As you can maybe tell by the title, I haven't gone through the course itself yet, but I wanted to review the admission process as that's an important and oft overlooked part of the bootcamp process. V School has been phenomenal about my application, answering my questions, and about helping make sure I am ready to undertake the fulltime commitment that is their Fullstack JavaScript course.

I made the mistake of scheduling my admissions phone call on Thanksgiving, so I sent an email and Wyatt answered anyway and was able to reschedule with me the next day. He called at our arranged time and we talked for over 2 hours. I had a lot of questions and he answered all of them and was transparent. He made sure I knew he was available almost 24/7 (the man has to sleep sometime) and that any questions/concerns/comments, he would address them right away.

I went to an open house and met more of the V School staff and was just as impressed. They showed off their new space and answered questions while making all of us feel incredibly at home. I got to meet the co-founder, some teachers, and some current students and have been really impressed. I applied to other bootcamps before this and while they were friendly, the process was impersonal, one-size-fits-all. This isn't true at V School.

I will update this with more information once I go through the course, but so far they have been outstanding in terms of the application.

(I have to give the instructors and curriculum a rating, so please understand that those two are entirely unsubstantiated)

• My Reset Button
    - 11/9/2016
    Skyler Talbot • Web Developer • Graduate

I was in a dead end job with no great future prospects.  I had a family that I was trying to support and couldn't see myself going back to school while trying to work and support my family at the same time until I came across V School.  In 12 weeks I was able to get enough education to turn my life around and set me on a path with a great future where I would be able to provide for my family and be happy doing it.  Thank you V School for helping me reset my life!

• Aha!
    - 6/14/2016
    Bryce • Graduate

The first time I made something work and had that "aha" moment was amazing.  Now after V School, I feel like I can learn anything.

• Heath Robertson • Graduate

I would absolutely recommend V School, espcially for people that don't want to go back to college and are looking to drive right into a career in tech.  I accomplshed everything I hoped for and more.  There's just nothing that compares.

• Online Class
    - 6/13/2016
    Cody Searl • Graduate

I got so much more out of class than I could have imagined.  The online class was incredibly smooth!  The audio/video were great, and the tech was super simple to use so I always felt like part of the class.

Deciding to take a full-time immersive with V School was seriously life changing! VSchools curriculum is top-notch and supported by industry professionals. The class was reasonably sized which allowed me a lot of one-on-one time with actual instructors. This is so valuable when learning to code. Everyone leaving the immersive programs are able to find jobs and the support of the staff was really good. The culture at VSchool is one of a team and I still feel like I can reach out to the staff and teachers for any questions or assistance I need. I did a lot of research before choosing a coding school and I am so glad I did. Having talked to fellow boot-campers that attended other Provo schools with huge class sizes, I see that my experience at VSchool was the best decision I've ever made. Thank you VSchool for being the reason I decided to switch careers!

• Worth it
    - 5/18/2016
    Ryan Merrill • Graduate

This course was great, the teachers know their stuff and are very willing to work with you. You get out of the course what you put into it, it's hard but if you go there wanting to learn then it's worth every penny.

• Tanner Plauche • Web App Developer • Graduate

I chose V School over other programming bootcamps because it simply gave me the most time with teachers for the money. When I started I didn't know enough about programming to distinguish between different schools' claims, so I just went with the numbers. V School was not the cheapest, but it gave me the most.

V School was intense and hard, but I learned a ton. I am a full time, full stack developer and have not stopped learning. I actually got a job before my course ended. If you are willing to work and study, V school teachers, directors, and mentors will help you succeed. The curriculum is thorough and really prepares you to keep learning. V School is really just a starting point, because they do such a good job of preparing you to move forward. It's not all cotton candy and tulips! It is hard, challenging, and demanding, but IT WAS WORTH IT. I may go back for a night class in iOS development when it becomes available.

• V School
    - 5/17/2016

Highly discourage attending this coding bootcamp. The staff is difficult and unprofessional to deal with. You voice your concern/issues and they don't do anything until the last minute or just say "we understand". Took one week shy of a month to finally receive my certificate that was bent and didn't even have the correct instructors name. It's a lot of money to spend and I can't justify spending that much on very mediocre school. I attended when it was also known as Coding Campus then half way through the name changed. Nothing has changed but a name. Please don't be get sucked in by the new branding.

Response From: MO Reeder of V School
    Title: Co-Founder
    Thursday, Apr 12 2018
    To whom this may concern,

Really hope you see my response, so that I can help set things right for you.
    V School is one of the only independent technical bootcamps left in the state.
    Being employee run, we literally have the leverage / ability to serve our students + make the best informed decisions to rectify any shortcomings.

In your specific case, I'd love to offer you another certificate with the appropriate / updated information.

Curious to see where you are working, and if you like the large majority of V School grads are happier in their new technical careers.

We don't get this type of feedback often, so again your response is greatly appreciated.

Our curriculum continues to be refined / updated based on the current market / job trends.
    If helpful, I'd be happy to talk to you about getting you our most updated Javascript / React curriculum at no cost to you. This could be in the form of you coming into campus again to re-skill / take any additional courses, live-streaming into classes remotely, or sending you the written curriculum.

Again, we're committed to you, and will do whatever necessary / available to help you with your educational / professional goals.

All the best,

MO

mo@vschool.io
    510.333.9046
  • Life changing
    - 10/23/2014
    Sione

What can I say? Making the decision to learn how to code changed my life. I was lost in life going from job to job, performing well enough, but never excited to the point that I knew that I was doing what I always wanted. I got a taste of programming at one of my jobs and that set enough of a spark off in my mind that I decided I should look into learning dev skills and soon found out about Coding Campus. Having no knowledge about anything to do with computers and programming other than surfing the web and playing games, I was pleasantly surprised with how easy Coding Campus presented the information to be learned and built upon each concept day by day.  With Coding Campus, you will l develop a programming base to build upon and continue learning long after (Once you get in, you soon realize there's no shortage of learning and no such thing as a "know-it-all".).

• Alex Brown • Student

Coding campus offers a full stack course in which you learn development skills that apply directly to jobs, and you meet real employers looking for developers.  The instructors are knowledgeable and helpful, and the course focuses around building real web applications.

• Morgan • Web developer

Coding Campus was a phenomenal experience for me. It blew away the Computer Science and Information Systems classes I had taken.

Python makes it beginner-friendly, but it's also welcoming to more experienced devs. They focused on getting you ready for a job. What they teach is very relevant instead of abstract.

• Full stack
    - 5/24/2017
    Anonymous • It officer • Graduate
    I learn frontEnd (javascript-CSS), Backend using nodeJs and we ise mongo DB

Please be aware. This school used to formerly be Coding Campus. Think why a business would need to rebrand. The name and branding may be different but it's still the same people.

Student experience is abyssmall and all they don't offer adequate instructions from a senior source at all. Instructors are just former students who couldn't get a job so they are force to teach to pay back debt.

They have moved location multiple times and have closed down their Provo location. While other bootcamps have flourished, and expanded. This one has been shady and tries to market themselves as someone else who is better.

The Intro course is nothing more than introductory info you can easily find online. I was in both courses. After not getting a job for months and learning anything I couldn't learn online myself, I did research to find out this school was formerly a train wreck that had to rebrand.

Response From: MO of V School
    Title: CMO
    Thursday, Feb 16 2017
    Hey,

Saw your review online and wanted to reach out to you personally.
    I might not have been at V School when you attended, but still feel very passionate about you getting the best service, experience, education possible.

We spend a great deal of our resources / energy making sure that students get exactly what they came to our school to get.

I'd love to chat with you at your earliest connivence.

Figure out what we can do to right this.

All the best,

MO

mo@vschool.io

• Anonymous • Sales Rep • Student

Okay! FIRST, let me say that I have not finished the V School curriculum at this point in time, in fact I just now (45 min ago) paid to reserve my spot in the upcoming August Fullstack Immersive in Provo! I realized after reviewing all the different Bootcamps on CourseReport that NOBODY speaks on the interactions they have had with the schools leading up to signing up! I thought that was crazy since it's really a HUGE part of the process right?? So if you're looking for some incredible story about how I went from Applebees's to Apple in 12-weeks & now earn a 6-figure salary, you will have to wait 4-Months for that post!!

I really wish I could mark a few more stars, my experience really was that much better at V School than any other Bootcamp I spoke with! I won't name him here but there is a guy in the Admissions Dept. that I spoke with every time I called & he was such a help to me. He was very informed about what all else was out there & while he had plenty chances to trash-talk other schools or put V School in bright lights he never did. I even fact-checked some of the things he told me about another campus & it was all true! I am sure you will speak with him when you call in & I am sure you will get the same quality treatment!

I was never left hanging throughout the back and forths we had like I experienced at a couple other places. Every time I called in I spoke with the same guy, every time I sent an e-mail it was to the same guy and replied to by him in a very timely manner. Every interaction, even when I was connected with the Lead Instructor & later on the Founder of V School I was treated exceptionally well, everybody was more than willing to make time to answer my questions! I remember hearing my advisor say something like "if I don't know the answer, I promise you I know somebody here that does & I will get you on the phone with them as soon as possible" & that is how it was. Their dedication to me getting nothing but the best out of my every interaction was clear & because of that I was able to really feel comfortable. I trusted what I was being told & most importantly I felt like I was already a part of the club... I wish I could say I was getting special treatment because my friend worked with so & so who knows the Founder from Little League or something, but this is just how they do things apparently!

One thing that I really liked was the 'Aptitude Test' I took to determine if I could actually be successful in this course... I had already taken a handful of "code challenges" & had 'Pier Programmed' plenty problems with mentors at more than enough places by then but again, here V School was different....pleasantly different! I had a little experience with Programming through Treehouse, Codecademy & Lynda but I am by no means good at it! I paused a moment when I was told that there was ZERO coding on V Schools test at all! It seemed very strange at first and even counter-productive but after it was explained to me that this test had actually been found through the research of many experts to be a better predictor & indicator of ultimate success in a Bootcamp environment than all those other types of 'challenges' given out by the other schools and after I did a little research of my own, like everything else I was told, I found they were right! The test was certainly different but actually kind of fun once I got started & I can see how it assesses a students abilities, capabilities, and mindset.

So, again... I haven't finished V School. I have not landed my dream job yet & I can't speak to the rigor of the class as a whole but I have gone through one of the best processes of 'getting to know about a school & why it's a good fit for me' I could imagine and as I get my pre-course material I can see that I can certainly expect a challenge over the next few months, but that is what I was told to expect & that is what I signed on for! With V School's track record, past success's & most importantly, with the resources available to their students & their commitment to excellence I am 100% sure that with some hard work on my end, everything they have said is possible for me can be & will be attained! I will be back in 4 months telling you exactly how things went & where I am both academically and work wise at that point!

To wrap it up... V School might not be the 1st Code School to jump into your mind when thinking about what's out there right now but I am pretty sure if you do the legwork or at the very least call them like I did, you will see for yourself in no time exactly what sets them apart & above the many, many other places out there & popping into the crowd these days. You will also see why I & many others are choosing them over the local competition as well as so many others schools across the country! I am coming to Provo Utah from back East... PROPER 'Back East!!' So yea, like I was saying, they might not be the biggest, heavily advertised or marketed Bootcamp on Facebook out there right now but their curriculum & Instructors are 2nd to NONE in my opinion and they are truly doing something new and exciting it this bored and sometimes lackluster community of code schools & because of that, I believe V School is very close to becoming that clear 1st choice, the 'What's Next' is very much available NOW at V School and I couldn't be happier that I am getting in now before everybody else figures out what is going on over there! I'm stoked that I get free housing & have shorter odds of winning a Scholarship since there aren't a million applicants yet!

Can't wait to see you guys in class!

• Got a job!
    - 6/3/2016

Loved V School.  It was hard as hell, but I did it, and now work as a devloper. V School’s student to staff ratio is probably the number one reason I chose them.  I wanted the mentorship from lead developers, not just ex-students that graduate, then try teach the program.  V School’s curriculum was written by senior devs that back things up with industry experience.

When I researched Online coding academy’s there were only a few that had decent user reviews, and even fewer schools that had a live-streamed component.  Most every online bootcamp relied on recorded lectures and limited, weekly office hours with instructors.   After speaking with a V School graduation counselor I was convinced that recorded lectors and minimal office hours were not going to be a good fit for my learning style.  I enjoyed the fact that V School’s live-streamed platform allowed me to interact with my instructors and classmates in real time.  I personally felt that I needed the “live” interaction / mentoring, even though I was an online student.  I now work as a computer programmer at a San Francisco based, tech startup.  I wouldn’t have been able to transition careers without the patience / job assistance that V School provided.  V School’s online / interactive course literally landed me my dream profession at a very cool company.  Highly recommended!