uc-irvine-boot-camps-logo

UC Irvine Boot Camps

Irvine

UC Irvine Boot Camps

UC Irvine Boot Camps offer 12- and 24-week web development programs and 24-week, part-time data analytics, UX/UI, cybersecurity, and technology project management programs, and an 18-week, part-time digital marketing program in Irvine, California. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, C#, ASP.Net, Bootstrap, React.js, Node.js, MongoDB, MySQL, and more.

The data analytics curriculum covers a broad array of technologies including Programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, API Interactions, SQL, Tableau, Fundamental Statistics, Machine Learning, R, Git/GitHub, and more.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, visual prototyping and wireframing, storyboarding, visual design theory, web design with HTML and CSS, interaction design, and more.

The cybersecurity program provides hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The digital marketing curriculum covers highly relevant skills, training students in marketing strategy fundamentals, optimizing campaigns and websites, digital advertising and automation strategy, and more. Students will get hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and Wordpress.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UC Irvine Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skillset.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Successful students will receive a Certificate of Completion from UCI Continuing Education and those in our web development, data analytics, UX/UI, digital marketing, or technology project management programs will complete the program with a portfolio of projects demonstrating their skills. Those in our cybersecurity program will learn skills applicable to industry certifications.

UC Irvine Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UC Irvine Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.31

all (37) reviews for UC Irvine Boot Camps →

Recent UC Irvine Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationIrvine
    At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationIrvine
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

LocationIrvine
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UCI Continuing Education is a challenging, part-time digital marketing program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Wordpress, and more, while also advancing campaign analysis technical skills.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationIrvine
    UCI Continuing Education Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationIrvine
    UCI Continuing Education Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Scrum, Agile
    LocationIrvine
    The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UCI Continuing Education prepares learners to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.
    Payment plans available
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

HTML, Git, JavaScript, User Experience Design, CSS
    LocationIrvine
    Get hands-on training and instruction in high-demand UX/UI Design methodology which includes software skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, XD), Sketch App, InVision, Keynote as well as front-end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, JavaScript, Bootstrap, Git/GitHub and more. Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend hours. Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.

4 Scholarships

• $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UC Irvine Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Full-Time (Irvine)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Irvine)
  • $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

• UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time (Irvine)
  • $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Irvine)
  • $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Irvine)
  • Alessandro Maclaine • Full Stack Developer • Graduate

I was working in finance and wasn't satisfied with where my career was heading. Fueled by a love for technology and a desire to help build the future I decided to pursue programming. After studying on my own for a year, I wasn't connecting the dots I needed to reach a professional level. After much consideration I decided to take the plunge and join the UCI Full Stack Bootcamp. It was one of the better decisions I've ever made; the bootcamp accelerated my learning and by the time I left I felt confident and competent. Both the curriculum and the teachers are first rate, with tremendous focus on bringing you up to speed with modern processes. Shortly after graduation I had my first job in the field and am ecstatic with my prospects, the future is looking bright. Thanks Trilogy!

Alessandro

Thursday, May 31 2018
    Thank you for your review, Alessandro! Our entire staff is incredibly passionate about education and changing student lives, so we're thrilled you left our boot camp feeling confident and competent in your newfound web development skills. We're happy you enjoyed our curriculum and felt thoroughly supported by our instructors. Congratulations on graduating and on your new career role, we wish you continued success in all that you do!
  • Garrett • Graduate

Intro:

I am a graduate of the fulltime July cohort for the Fullstack Web Development path and can safely say this was easily one of the best decisions I have made in my life thus far.

Pre-Bootcamp:

A little bit of background first - Prior to the bootcamp, I had a Bachelor's degree and a two years of managerial work experience. Long story short I decided to leave my full-time job and pursure a career as a computer programmer.

Around this time last year, I was scraping the internet trying to find any information I could on coding bootcamps. The number of potential coding bootcamps I could attend were endless and making the decision to choose between one or the other became overwhelming.

A friend of mine told me about the UCI bootcamp and I was immediately interested in knowing more. After looking everywhere online I couldn't find any reviews about the bootcamp because it was a brand new program.

I ultimately decided to choose the UCI Coding Bootcamp over other bootcamps because I believed having completed a program associated with UCI on my resume would be more valuable in the long run. It was a gamble as the tuition was not cheap, but looking back, it would have been a shame if I let this opportunity pass me by because of the tuition cost.

Curruculum:

The curriculum worked very well for me and remained up to date with the latest technologies. The entire course is broken down from day one so you can see exactly what you will be learning and when you will be learning it. We even changed some of the learning material as we went if the instructor thought a particular technology was outdated.

The pace was perfect for me. Each new technology we learned was broken down into small programming activities. When it came time to do a project at the end of each week, you can reference these small building blocks to assist with putting together a real working application.

The only thing I wish was included in the curriculum would be cloud technologies like AWS. We used Heroku which is great for quickly deploying your application but a dedicated cloud technology section would have been awesome. (I wouldn't be surprised if this is now included in the most recent curriculum).

This is the main reason why my experience at the coding bootcamp was so valuable. I really got lucky with having Taylor as my instructor. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how good the curriculum is or how good of a programmer an instructor is. If that person is incapable of teaching then I might as well have paid $10 for a Udemy course and called it a day.

Luckily, Taylor was a very knowledgable programmer and an excellent teacher.

Taylor teaches with an intelligent and patient demeanor. He made himself approachable and encouraged his students to ask questions. I could tell he truly enjoyed his job and did his best to help his students succeed.

In addition to Taylor, I was also very lucky to have Sean and Daniel as the class TA's. They were both very capable, intelligent, and dedicated to helping the student's learn. Before the bootcamp began I was a bit skeptical on whether or not 1 teacher and 2 TAs would be able to handle a group of 25-30 students. This ended up not being a problem for me at all as they were always available to answer any questions I had.

Often times I would have a more in depth question and needed some guidance with a project. Taylor, Sean, and Daniel were always willing to schedule a time for office hours to point me in the right diretion.

I hope UCI Coding Bootcamp management realizes how valuable these three are to the organization because my overall experience could have been entirely different had I ended up with a different teacher and TA's.

The 3 months I spent at this bootcamp were as valuable as the 4 years I spent in college. It was a lot of hard work and I had many late nights, but I loved every second of it.

Wednesday, May 16 2018
    Amazing, Garrett! We know this is an immersive and challenging course, so we commend you for all of the long hours and hard work you put into the program - it definitely paid off! We pride ourselves on our proven curriculum, teaching students how to learn, and providing the key foundational skills for a variety of programming topics. Our instructors and TAs are incredibly passionate about helping students throughout every step of the way, so we’re thrilled to know you felt that level of support. It's great you had such high regards for Taylor, Sean, and Daniel - we also agree they are pretty great! Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review,  we can’t wait to see what you will accomplish with the knowledge you gained and wish you the best of luck with all your future goals!
  • Pat Hustad • Graduate

great class , gave me all the tools I need to become a successful engineer!

Friday, May 04 2018
    Thank you for your review, Pat! We're so glad you had such a positive experience with our program. We commend you for all of the hard work you put into earning your valuable new skills as a web developer. Congratulations on completing the boot camp, we wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors!
  • Chris • Student

Let me start, the instructors and support staff were great from top to bottom - Michael, Ben, Kyle, Teresa and Sammy.  My apologies if I forgot anyone.  But the curriculum is sorely lacking and absolutely none of it prepares you to be a full time developer.  It starts off great but they need to focus more on fundamentals.  They dive way too deep into node packages that can be learned in a day.  Stay away, stay very far away.  Do not be fooled by the affiliation to UCI.  Most of my cohort has not found a job.

Wednesday, Mar 28 2018
    Hi Chris, thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're always striving to improve the student experience, and feedback like yours helps us do just that.

We are glad to hear you had a great experience with our instructional team. We greatly admire the support and dedication our team members put into helping every student in our program.

Because we teach such a wide array of technologies in a short amount of time, our curriculum focuses on giving students a high level, hands-on understanding of the topics covered in class, with the goal of students expanding on that understanding outside of class. While we do begin with the fundamentals, our program does quickly dive into technologies that are in high demand in today's market. We are constantly evaluating our curriculum and we use student feedback and market research to make changes regularly. While we are proud of curriculum and its ability to give students a very strong set of web development skills, we do regret to hear that the curriculum did not go as in-depth into the fundamentals as you would have liked.

Our career services are built on the principle of empowerment, equipping students with the soft skills needed to be employer competitive through readiness services like resume support, technical interview training, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching. While we do not offer guaranteed job placement, many of our students were very successful in the job search, with students from this cohort securing employment in various roles like Data Engineer, Computer Programmer, and Front End Developer at companies like Hyper Disk Marketing, Global Net Solutions, Target Specialty Products, Cake, Toshiba America Medical Systems, and more.

Our goal is for all students to leave our program feeling equipped for success. If there are any other additional learning materials or assistance that we can provide you with at this time, please reach out to me directly at (949) 214-4016, so that we can discuss further.
  • Joel • Graduate

I attended the part time coding bootcamp from March-September this year.  I found the Instuctors to be outstanding.  Ben and Michael really knew their stuff.  The TAs Kyle and Tim were great too.  They were helpful throughout the course.  The cohort covers a lot of ground.  So, be ready to put in your time studying.  They recommend 20 hours of outside class study time each week.  In my experience, it's absolutely necessary if you want to absorb the content and keep up.

Jenna was very helpful in the career services department.  Although, it seemed like she was in the position of a very cometent person being streached very very thin.  I've heard that the school is bringing on additional resources and personel to support her in the future.

Monday, Oct 09 2017
    Congratulations on completing the boot camp, Joel! We’re glad to hear that your instructors, TAs and Career Director were so helpful, and provided you with the guidance you needed. As you mention, students should expect to dedicate an appropriate amount of their time to reviewing concepts and practicing their skills outside of the classroom. This is an important insight for future students to know, so we really appreciate this feedback.

It’s terrific that you had such a positive experience with this program, and we hope you’re proud of all the hard work you put into learning these valuable new skills. We’re wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.

• Current Student! • Contracts Specialist • Student

This program is very new, and so I can see a few flaws but this is a really great fit for me. I was extremely nervous about dumping a lot of money in a coding bootcamp, but if you want to get into tech this is definitely worth it. Let me start with my main that I had.

This, along with a lot of other coding bootcamps definitely seemed like a scam to me. For this program, I really wish that they didn't make it feel like such a scam. The whole phone ""interview"" and "You have been accepted!!" is really bogus. If you want it, you'll get accepted. Why lie about it? I believe this program would get so much better attention if they were just honest and straight up. Here's the cost, here's what we expect from you, and here's what we give you. That kind of honesty will bring more people than trying to make everyone feel like they're so lucky!!

That being said, this program is definitely worth it. Since it was only the second cohort ever, I only had to pay 8,500. I did A TON of research on coding bootcamps in general before making the decision to drop all this money. But I found that 8,500 is relatively cheap. Anyone who goes through these coding bootcamps will get a job, due to the high demand for programmers in the field. So it is a cheap price to pay for a 6 month path to a whole new career.

One of my biggest fears was how I could do this coding bootcamp while working full time? If you are working full time, and you are concerned about not being able to do this, trust me. THIS IS POSSIBLE. I was thinking that if i work 40 hours, class is 10 hours, AND they recommend atleast 20 hours outside of class. That's 80 hours of work a week! It's not that bad. If you're like me, and passionate about learning to program, programming outside of work is really not that stressful. It feel more like a hobby, then it is work! You get to build cool games, meet really cool likeminded people, and collab on them to make creative projects. I am legitmately excited to come to class! So if you are full time and worried about the time crunch, do not worry! I highly recommend this to anyone who has to work full time to pay the bills and still wants a career change.

Another big concern that I had, was why choose this program over a Online Coding Bootcamp? I was actually looking a the Viking Code School as an option, it was considerably cheaper. I think it came down to roughly only 4,000 but demanded more hours. After going through the pre-work, I quickly found that doing things online just simply cannot replace the in person experience. You overlook all the little things about having an in person class that matter so much. Meeting and learning from your peers, getting to know your teacher and TAs in person certainly feel a lot better. I just felt that doing it online would not help me nearly as much as doing it in person. Which is tough, because there isn't many in person PART TIME coding bootcamps out there. If there are, they typically are short and specialize in one language (and are very expensive!)

It is now August, and I have to say I am really impressed with the program. At the end of the day, almost every coding bootcamp will find you a job if you really want it. I think that's important to note because you shouldn't be trying to pay 20k for a program just because you're concerned about not getting a job. If you want a job, and you put in the work, you will find one.

As for this class curriculum, it is very well rounded. They are definitely full stack, and the career help start right away! They have counselors always there ready to listen to any of your concerns. They also host awesome events like tech panels where employers come and talk! It's a lot of fun, and we are currently just starting the group projects. The teachers for each class both have a lot of experience, and are very nice and helpful! There are two classes (forrest and Caeser). I feel like they could train the TA a little better, and have more organization, but I certainly don't blame them since the program is so new. At the end of the day, I am learning A LOT and i'm already feeling very comfortable coding.

5/5 would recommend to anyone! I'm just trying to give an honest review to anyone out there. If you're worried about the career change, scared of dumping the money, and fear that everything is fake out there. Don't worry, I was in your shoes. I can tell you though, the job marketing is extremely well. And this course will definitely give you the guidance if you're like me and scared to learn on my own. If you take this program, you will find a job! The career service team will even help you find a job in another state if you request, they are very accomodating.

I hope this helped anyone who is curious! I apologize if my writing is all over the place, i'm going off the top of my head right now.

Monday, Aug 07 2017
    Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review! Insights such as these are very useful to future boot camp students. Although our admissions process is designed to be as painless as possible, our programs aren’t open enrollment. Because we want to make sure that students who enroll in our program are properly suited to the demands involved, we do screen our applicants with a coding test and academic interview before they are enrolled into a course.

We’re so glad to hear that you’re having such a positive experience with this program, it’s wonderful that the part-time schedule was manageable with your ongoing career as this schedule was designed for working professionals, just like you.

We’re thrilled that you are enjoying the career services, curriculum, and that you are becoming comfortable coding. It’s wonderful to see our  students develop a passion for programming. As you mention, the in-person classroom experience is an important part of our program and allows for invaluable opportunities to ask questions and collaborate with peers, so it’s excellent that our team has been able to provide you with the guidance and support you need to be successful in this program.

We hope you're proud of all of the hard work you’ve put into this program, and we can’t wait to see where your new skills will take you. We wish you nothing but the best moving forward.

• Do not even apply!
    - 5/28/2017
    Natalie • Web Support • Applicant

I would caution against even filling out an application. Like others, I did the easy little tests and phone interviews. I was "recomended for enrollement," and then they emailed a poorly worded, hokey credit card form asking for my $2500 hold money. They worded the email in a way that made you think you owed them money, so pay the invoice and hold your seat in the class! In a separate email they sent a auto-fill form -- with just a couple clicks you accepted all the terms of enrollment, and were bound to the company.

I never filled these forms out and never accepted or signed a thing. I even spoke to the rep confirming that I did not actually owe anything and that until I actually enrolled I was still in decision-making mode.

So, after reading enough about the company and weighing my options, I simply emailed the rep a "Thanks but no thanks," letter explaining that I declined to enroll and would pursue my coursework online via Udemy and Udacity, and that I appreciated their time.

She called me a day later, and "Congratulated me on pursuing my education in code." I was a little confused becuase she made it sound like I enrolled in the school. I told her thanks and sorry I couldn't go forward with UCI extension. I told her if things ever changed I would let her know. She acknowledged this and said it was ok and she understood.

A week later on they send an email (probably automated) as follows:

"Dear Natalie

This is a notification that your card will be charged in 2 days.

I don't know if this was an atuo email, but it seemed pretty shady. From the enrollement email to the weird "Congratualtions" phone call to this... it's like they were trying to play dumb and act like I was enrolled.

Just avoid this type of annoyance and find some other bootcamp. Learning Fuze in Orange County has a pretty good reputation. Go there. Stay away from these shady sketchy people.

Response From: Jeffrey Howell of UC Irvine Boot Camps
    Monday, Jun 05 2017
    Hi Natalie,

Thank you for reaching out. We sincerely apologize for any miscommunication or confusion that occurred during your admissions experience.

Once a student is accepted into the program, they do receive an email explaining that in order to guarantee a seat in the class and enroll, the next step is to pay the deposit. At this point in time, you are correct that no agreement or confirmation of enrolling has been made. Students also receive an electronic agreement to sign and return should they move forward with payment/enrollment. This trusted system was chosen not only to make it easier for students to digitally sign the documents rather than having to print and scan, but also to facilitate record keeping. We are sorry if this digital format was not what you were expecting and have made a note to explain better to all students in the future. We appreciate your pointing this out.

If a student declines the program, we always call the student to learn how we can better our program. We try to maintain a relationship with even those applicants that choose to pursue other schools. The important item for us is that you are getting the education you seek. You mentioned via email that you had decided to pursue learning to code through other avenues, our advisor simply meant to congratulate you on that endeavor and let you know that our program would be here should you ever change your mind.

Regarding the auto-charge email notification, you should not have received that email as it was intended for an enrolled student. As you mentioned, we did not have your credit card information on file and so no charge could have been made. With many emails sent each day, human error does happen and we apologize for the alarm it caused.

We are constantly working to improve our processes and overall experience, and we thank you for your feedback.
    Lazy lectures that last 3-5minutes before you're expected to complete a class activity, that no one completes. Then they want you to use your class activities to complete homework, yet no on completes the class activity due to the instructors poor teaching ability.  They do not have any original material, they rely on W3schools and whatever else you can find online. The instructor will rather you google everything, don't ask a question because that gets in the way of throwing topics at you. My instructor "I don't like talking".  My instructor throws you into zoom breakout rooms over and over, where everyone is confused on what to do. So, whomever has the most coding experience is the one that attempts to complete the class activity as everyone else watches, if that person is willing to share their screen (50/50 chance).  I'm looking into taking the course over, at a top rated school. Money wasted. Every new topic is self explanatory according to the instructor. TA's that do assist seem to bother the Instructor. He feels they're providing answers. Maybe because they take the time to actually teach you the subject matter, syntax, how to apply it, provide correct examples to work off of and study. To this day the instructor has not provided any learning material to assist you, just reference material to other peoples work and articles, or a book you don't have time to read because you're you'll end up behind in the class. Nothing is designed to help your understanding right now on what's being discussed.  I like this approach below which didn't come from this bootcamp... UCI only has one step to the learning process "Solve problems", without understanding. You're required to study 20 hours a week, but on what? No study guides whats so ever.  This is a Trilogy product don't let the name association fool you.

When learning to code, most people get stuck on the "bridge" between memorizing syntax and understanding the logic that makes it all work. We believe the most effective way to learn a programming language is to break the process into three phases:

1. Memorize syntax
    2. Solve problems
    3. Make stuff
    Most beginners jump from memorizing syntax directly into making stuff (or trying) without fully understanding how syntax is used to solve problems. In other words, they haven't learned how to think like a programmer, yet they're trying to solve problems like a programmer.

Thursday, Jun 04 2020
    Thank you for your review. Our entire team is passionate about enabling student success, so we regret to hear that your boot camp experience did not live up to your expectations.

We take pride in our comprehensive and holistic approach to learning. As this is a boot camp, we recognize the material is fast-paced and challenging, moving quickly from one complex topic to the next in a condensed amount of time. Like you mentioned, our goal is to teach students how to learn, providing a strong foundational skill set that allows individuals to easily dive into other frameworks and languages on their own—even after completing the program.

Not only do we strive to equip individuals with a robust academic framework, but we also work hard to help learners develop strong problem-solving and self-teaching abilities through internet research and other available resources; two essential traits developers constantly utilize in real-world roles. As the industry continues to evolve, our curriculum is continually being optimized using extensive market and employer research.

It's our goal for all students to leave our program feeling equipped with the skills they need to succeed. We would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to learn how else we can assist you at this time to bolster your learning experience. If you would like, please reach out to us at (949) 214-4016.

There were red flags all over, but I failed to reconize them till it was too late. Now, I find myself obligated to WARN others before they fall victim to this shady business scam. So many false promises made. First big warning flag was the easy test they give and make you feel like you have the skillset to be successfull in the bootcamp. Secondly, on the first day they have you sign a waiver, exempting you from getting any refund. Now think back when you first started college, did they make you sign a waiver? Please be aware that this is a scam and not a ligit learning center. They are not interested in your ability to finish this bootcamp, only to get your hard earned money and string you along as far as possible. The career services is a joke...nothing you couldnt do on on your own. I found it very odd how both lead instructors ended up leaving after our class wrapped up and they relocated for new jobs. Like I suggested to a potential student a few months ago, if you really are interested in persuing coding I would recomend online learning such as team treehouse that is a fraction of the cost or any other way. They are over charging for a false promise and I dont know how they are able to continue this in our community and especially abusing the system by hiding their name under UCI and other big universities, such a shame our leaders are allowing this to go on.

Wednesday, May 22 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience. From your review, we understand the program did not meet your expectations. As you noted, the UCI Division of Continuing Education has partnered with Trilogy Education Services (TES) to offer the UC Irvine Coding Boot Camp. UCI is deeply involved in the curriculum, instructor selection, and outcomes of each of our classes, and routinely meet in conjunction with TES to monitor the learning experience and performance. Both UCI and TES are completely dedicated to transforming students' lives and are fully transparent about this relationship throughout the entire course.

Like you mentioned, we do have a multi-step admissions process. During this time, we evaluate individuals to ensure they are aware of the extensive time they will have to dedicate to their studies and are truly committed to their web development journey. We never want to set up students for failure, which is why we begin with an initial phone interview, followed by a timed, academic test that applicants must pass with a score of 70 or above in order to move forward, followed by a final critical thinking interview with a member of our academic team. Only once prospective learners have passed all three screenings are they accepted into the course.

We do our best to emphasize the importance of students completing the assigned pre-work, as well as studying on their own before classes begin. We take pride in our comprehensive curriculum and holistic approach to learning, and as we know this course is challenging, we provide additional support in the form of free tutoring sessions, office hours with instructors and TAs, and optional one-on-one meetings. While we do not secure employment for our students, our career services are built on the principle of empowerment and provide more than 75 hours of professional development, consisting of resume and portfolio reviews, virtual tech panels, technical interview training, and 1:1 meetings with their Career Director. We hope you were able to benefit from these resources and appreciate your input as we're frequently enhancing our services to ensure students feel supported and equipped for success.

It's our mission to help as many hard-working, aspiring web developers as we can. We sincerely care about each one of our students and continually strive to make sure participants feel supported every step of the way. We would love to speak to you personally to see if there is anything else we can do to reinforce your knowledge or employment search. If you would like, please reach out to us at (949) 214-4016.

If you decide to enroll, please don't be fooled by their marketing strategy where they will have you look up all these job postings and salary range for the Full Stack Web Developer. They are just trying to get you to enroll. Even though they said that they have a test and interview process before they accept you into the program, they are doing it as a due diligence. Even if you can't answer any of the question they asked you during the interview, they will still let you enroll. All they wanted is your 12K tuition. The curriculumn is all over the place. Don't expect to be job ready by the time you're done with the program. Career services is also a disappointment. They don't really help you connect with any employers. They just make you write your resume and apply online. When you start questioning them about job placement rate, they will divert the question. They know that the job placement rate is very low, so they don't want to talk about it. Instead, they will make it sounds like you are not trying hard enough yourself and that is the reason why you could not find a job. DO NOT WASTE YOUR $12K ON THIS. It is not worth it.

Thursday, May 16 2019
    Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's our mission for all students to have a positive learning experience in our programs, so we regret to hear the boot camp did not live up to your expectations.

Like you mentioned, we do have a multi-step admissions process. During this time, we evaluate individuals to ensure they are not only aware of the extensive time they will have to dedicate to their studies and but are also truly committed to their coding journey. Applicants begin with an initial phone interview, followed by a timed assessment and a final critical thinking interview with a member of our academic team. Only once prospective students have successfully passed all three stages are they accepted into the course.

As this is a boot camp, we know the material is fast-paced and challenging, moving quickly from one complex topic to the next. Our curriculum is strategically engineered using extensive market and employer research on the most in-demand skills for the industry, and we are constantly making optimizations to the course material as the industry evolves. We pride ourselves on teaching individuals how to learn, providing a strong foundational skill set that will allow them to easily dive into other frameworks and languages, even after completing the program. We are always working to ensure that students are having the best learning experience possible, so we appreciate your feedback.

From your review, we understand that our career services were not what you were hoping for. Our team is built on the principle of empowerment, and we strive to support and guide learners throughout their job search. While we do not secure direct employment for our students, we work to empower individuals with the resources and support they need to enter the workforce.

We are incredibly proud of the outcomes our students have achieved with hard work and dedication, but we do not report on placement rates because we believe the appropriate measures of a boot camp lie in the quality and services offered. We take pride on our comprehensive curriculum and holistic approach to learning, providing more than 75 hours of professional development to each individual, consisting of technical interview training, portfolio reviews, resume/social media profile support, online Tech Talk panels, and one-on-one meetings with their Career Director. We hope you were able to fully benefit from all of these resources.

It is our goal for all students to leave the course feeling properly equipped to step out into the industry. We would love the opportunity to speak with you further about how we can supplement your learning experience or career search at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us at (949) 214-4016.
  • save your money
    - 1/8/2018

The Good:

The curriculum was heavy and fast-paced - definitely the hardest schooling I've ever done. It grinded me in JavaScript which produced some pretty awesome projects. The instructors and TAs where pretty good and were always available to help for the most part.

The Bad:

Concentrated way too much on Node.js and ignored core web development languages like .Net, Python, PHP and more. The job assistance portion of the post program is lame. Help with resume and cover letter but after that it's all about you becoming a socialite and doing free work. Lots of canned responses that don't really help answer specific questions.

The Ugly:

Irvine is flooded with qualified Web Developers. Employers don't seem to care that you've attended a UCI bootcamp. They want 3-5 years of development experience with proven growth because they can get it - even for Junior Web Dev positions. The very few responses you'll receive back from applications will ask you about your experience in some technology you don't have - and it's different every time.

Result:

Save your money by learning HTML, CSS and JavaScript through all the free certificate courses out there. Start a website of your own to practice with and become better and fight to get someone to give you a chance as an intern or junior developer. Bootcamps are a dime a dozen these days and employers know it. If you feel you need to spend $10K+ to crunch out a few nice projects in short timeframes, then bootcamp is for you.

Tuesday, Jan 23 2018
    Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, Anonymous. This program is definitely challenging and fast-paced as you noted, and we're glad that you thrived in learning JavaScript and were able to use those skills to create impressive projects. We are very proud of the instructional team, so it's great that you had a good experience with them too.

A100% positive student experience is our number one priority, so we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on our curriculum and career support services.

We understand that you wanted to dive into languages like .Net, Python, and PHP, however, our course curriculum did indicate that those languages would not be taught in the program. Our curriculum is constantly updated to be in line with market demands, and currently, our regional specialization includes C#/ASP.Net. While we do not expressly cover .Net, Python, or PHP, our program prides itself on teaching students how to learn, so that students will have a strong foundation to easily learn other programming languages after graduation.

Our career services are built on the principle of empowerment. We help to prepare our students for the job search process by providing them with the necessary tools and support that will not only help them in their immediate future as they move forward from our program, but also in the long-term development of their careers.

The services we offer for career preparation are constantly improving, and our students' experiences can vary as we continue to evolve and implement feedback. Though we do not know when you completed the boot camp, our career services curriculum has always included 1:1 coaching with a Career Director, technical interview preparation, portfolio feedback, resume support, tech panels, and final project events where students gain insight and feedback from industry professionals.

During the program, we emphasize networking and encourage students to work on projects outside of class that can further their skills and improves their marketability. Our team strives to be clear about the scope of our career services from the beginning so that our students understand how they can get the most out of this aspect of the program.

We regret to hear that you did not have an overall positive experience with our program, and we would like the opportunity to speak with you and determine what additional support we can provide you with at this time. Please reach out to me directly at (949) 214-4016 so that we can further address your concerns.
  • Worth a Shot!
    - 7/25/2017
    Anonymous • SysAdmin • Student

I recently enrolled for the Coding Boot Camp at UC Irvine Continuing Ed in partnership with Trilogy Education Services. The enrollment process has been smooth so far and everyone has answered all the questions I have asked at both UCI-CE and Trilogy. I was at first skeptical about it since technically this is a Trilogy Education Service program that is run at UC Irvine along with many other Extension and Continuing Ed programs across the country. I did a lot of research and looked up reviews at all the other schools to see what the feedback was and almost all of it is good. The UCI program only started this year so there hasn't been a cohort to finish yet but UCLA has had good sucess so I would look at that program as I imagine it will be very similar to UCI's. There are also some good reviews and feedback on Reddit too if you want to look them up. The current instructors they have are getting great feedback from the current students from what I have heard.

Like everything in life you get what you put into it, so if you aren't willing to do the work outside of the classroom I would look elsewhere. What really sold me on the program was the part-time 24 week program. I work full-time and the class schedule will work well with my schedule and family. There isn't any other part-time programs in the area that cover the Full-Stack, I only saw one other one that was a 10-week course and only covered the Front-End. I also like that spread out over 6 months instead of cramming it all in 12 weeks which is much better suited to my learning style.

I'm looking forward to getting started on the pre-course work and diving in head first come September. I'll update my review a few weeks into the course.

Thursday, Jul 27 2017
    Congratulations on enrolling in our program! It’s excellent that we were able to answer all of your questions throughout the admissions process. We know that choosing a boot camp is a big decision, it makes us proud to hear that our team was able to provide you with the guidance you needed in order to make an informed decision. Also, It’s great that you took the time to research the experiences of past students. The student experience is our top priority, so we take feedback seriously because we want to ensure that our students have the best boot camp experience possible and we’re constantly improving to meet their needs.

It's wonderful that our part-time program works for your schedule. It's designed for professionals like you, who require class times outside of work hours and on weekends. We’re excited for you to start the program, and hope you find it to be a valuable educational experience.

As you mention, this program will require you to work hard to develop the many skills covered in the curriculum, so we’re glad you’re ready to dive in!  We can’t wait to see what you can accomplish with the knowledge and skills that you will gain, and wish you success in this program, and beyond.