uc-irvine-boot-camps-logo

UC Irvine Boot Camps

Irvine

UC Irvine Boot Camps

UC Irvine Boot Camps offer 12- and 24-week web development programs and 24-week, part-time data analytics, UX/UI, cybersecurity, and technology project management programs, and an 18-week, part-time digital marketing program in Irvine, California. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, C#, ASP.Net, Bootstrap, React.js, Node.js, MongoDB, MySQL, and more.

The data analytics curriculum covers a broad array of technologies including Programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, API Interactions, SQL, Tableau, Fundamental Statistics, Machine Learning, R, Git/GitHub, and more.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, visual prototyping and wireframing, storyboarding, visual design theory, web design with HTML and CSS, interaction design, and more.

The cybersecurity program provides hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. The digital marketing program provides robust experience with in-demand tools and technologies for executing a marketing strategy such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Customer Relationship Management software (CRMs), MailChimp, HTML/CSS and more.

The technology project management program takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing in-demand technical, leadership, and business management skills. The curriculum covers requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. UC Irvine Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skillset.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Successful students will receive a Certificate of Completion from UCI Continuing Education and those in our web development, data analytics, UX/UI, digital marketing, or technology project management programs will complete the program with a portfolio of projects demonstrating their skills. Those in our cybersecurity program will learn skills applicable to industry certifications.

UC Irvine Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent UC Irvine Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.22

all (29) reviews for UC Irvine Boot Camps →

Recent UC Irvine Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationIrvine
    At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, students get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationIrvine
    This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Students will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, students will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Digital Marketing - Part-Time

HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Wordpress, SEO
    LocationIrvine
    The Digital Marketing Boot Camp at UCI Continuing Education is a challenging, part-time digital marketing program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in marketing strategy, campaign development, digital advertising, and modern tools in site analytics and reporting. Gain experience with in-demand tools and technologies such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Customer Relationship Management software (CRMs), MailChimp, HTML/CSS, and more.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationIrvine
    UCI Continuing Education Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
    LocationIrvine
    UCI Continuing Education Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
  • Technology Project Management - Part-Time

Scrum, Agile
    LocationIrvine
    The Technology Project Management Boot Camp at UCI Continuing Education prepares learners to effectively lead technology projects across a variety of industries. Gain hands-on training in requirements documentation, test plans, traditional, agile and hybrid methodologies, scrum frameworks, resource planning, and more.
    Payment plans available
  • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time

HTML, Git, JavaScript, User Experience Design, CSS
    LocationIrvine
    Get hands-on training and instruction in high-demand UX/UI Design methodology which includes software skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, XD), Sketch App, InVision, Keynote as well as front-end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, JavaScript, Bootstrap, Git/GitHub and more. Maintain your work or college schedule by studying part-time, only three days a week, with convenient evening and weekend hours. Apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.

4 Scholarships

• $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive UC Irvine Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Flex - Full-Time (Irvine)
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time (Irvine)
  • $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

• UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time (Irvine)
  • $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Irvine)
  • $500 UC Irvine Boot Camps Scholarship

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (Irvine)
  • Software Engineer
    - 6/14/2019
    Cami LP  User Photo
    Cami LP • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

After 10 years of experience as a producer/project manager I decided to take a leap of faith and change my career from one side of development, to the other. I chose UCI's coding bootcamp for the price and timeline, but I would highly recommend them for the level of staff support and the work you walk away with on you portfolio. I was able to get a job BEFORE I graduated because my instructor believed in me and all the hard work I put into class.

Overall Experience: 5 Stars
    As I mentioned previously, I was able to land a job offer halfway through the 12-week full time course and it was because my instructor believed in me enough to recommend me to an alumni who happened to work at a company that was hiring possible candidates. I will caveat that I was chosen because I put in a lot of hard work (an additional 4-5 hours a day re-doing homework and class activities). The class is extremely fast paced (which I personally loved) and the amount of work we had to do sometimes felt daunting/intimidating, however it gave me the platform I needed to prove to myself and my peers that I had what it takes to make my career dreams come true. If you have the tenacity to always give your 100% to this bootcamp, you WILL be successful. (Seriously, if I can do it... you can.)

Instructors: 5 Stars
    From the instructor to the career support staff, I never felt that I was doing this alone. After working in the professional field for over a decade, I took for granted how a classroom environment could really give you that sense of safety to learn and grow. I asked questions, arrived early, stayed late and never stopped communicating with the staff and they always had my back. Whether it was helping me with a homework assignment, answering a question I've asked a dozen times or working with me when life got in the way of class. They were patient, compassionate and always amazing to work with.

Curriculum: 4 Stars
    When I started, I had 0 experience with coding and no portfolio whatsoever. By the end of the class, I had a fully functioning website and several homework assignments/projects to show off by demo day. I was proud of the level of work that I accomplished and was confident in my knowledge of it. The only reason why I gave 4 stars over a perfect 5 is because I felt we slowed down the class in some areas I felt strongly in (API project) and had less time for things I really wanted to dive deeper into (C#). This could be attributed to having to learn at the pace of the entire class, as opposed to where I am as an individual. On that same note, I felt group activities really held me back when it came to projects, but this does kind of simulate a real work experience so I can understand why they did that, but that was a personal negative point for me.

Job Assistance: 5 Stars
    I received a job offer prior to graduating from bootcamp so it's obvious I'd be giving this bootcamp 5 stars in job assistance. UCI gave me a boost in the networking that is done between current students, Alumnis and faculty. I'm the perfect example of someone who had nothing but the willingness and drive to change her career, and with this bootcamp and its amazing career services team, I was completely prepared to tackle a job interview that I had no prior training for, outside the bootcamp.

Friday, Jun 14 2019
    Way to go, Cami! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a significant career change and are happy to hear you landed an exciting new role. We completely agree that if prospective students are fully dedicated to their studies in and outside of the classroom, they can be successful. We're thrilled you found our entire team to be patient, compassionate and great to work with—this truly makes all of our effort worthwhile. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review and feedback! We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Valerie Flores  User Photo
    Valerie Flores • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I absolutely loved taking this course!  I am looking for a career change and have always been interested in web development, but had no prior experience.  This program is intense and can be frustrating at times, but the instructor, Forrest, and the TA's gave every student tremendous support and explained the lessons in a way that was easy to understand and retain the information.  I had a blast creating useful applications from scratch and look forward to using these skills in a career environment.

Friday, May 31 2019
    Amazing, Valerie! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're glad to hear you found our instructional team to be supportive and knowledgable—we also think Forrest is pretty great. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and thank you for your review! All the best as you move forward.
  • Tricia Leavitt  User Photo
    Tricia Leavitt • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Like many others, I attended UCI's Full-Time, Full Stack Web Development Bootcamp in order to transition from my previous career (ten years in business roles) into tech in the Spring of 2018. Having been out of the program for about a year now, and as someone who is now going into her second job in the industry (having also received 5 job offers thus far), I can easily say that the transition has been one of the most challenging but also most rewarding experiences that I have had the opportunity to pursue.

While no previous experience is required, I did take a handful of front-end courses online before I enrolled to make sure that I enjoyed the content enough to pursue it professionally (HTML, CSS, and JavaScript). Once enrolled, I was very happy to find that the curriculum, pace, and staff helped me to greatly accelerate my own learning as well as to build a great foundation for the skills needed to work as a developer.

That being said, I feel that it is important to note that in this course, like any other learning opportunity (bootcamp, collegiate programs, etc.), you really do get out what you choose to put in. For me, that meant dedicating as much time as possible during the bootcamp to learning the material, both during and outside of class, as well as continuing to expand my knowledge afterward. I have also become actively involved in the local tech community during the last year, which has provided me with additional professional opportunities. Moreover, while you will learn the basics in class, it is also important to know that you will also need to learn a lot on your own and/or with your fellow students (with the support of your instructors). While this can feel frustrating at times, it is an incredibly important skill to develop as it is what will be regularly required from you on the job.

As far as Career Services go, I do feel that this is one area that has an opportunity for some improvement. In my opinion, for those who have limited experience with job searching and interviewing techniques, it is a wonderful service. However, having been in the job market for ten years, I was already familiar with much of the information provided. It is also important to note that, at least as of my program completion, this is not a job placement service. You will be responsible for finding and applying to jobs in your area. Additionally, again as of Spring 2018, the interview techniques provided are not tech-specific, and will relate more to how to complete a behavioral interview. For tech-specific interviews (whiteboard coding, etc.), training was provided and encouraged by my teacher and TAs during office hours to those students that requested it, which I would highly recommend should you enroll.

To sum up, starting my career in development with the UCI bootcamp has provided me with opportunities that I would have never imagined I would receive prior to attending. From working as a developer, to co-organizing a local tech interview meetup group, to mentoring other new developers and nearly doubling my income in a years time, it has been one of the best investments I have ever made in myself. While I do believe it is possible to learn web development fundamentals from less expensive online courses, the program provided me with the motivation, structure, knowledge, and mentorship that I needed to push myself to reach my goals. I am incredibly thankful for the encouragement that I received during the program, the friendships that I made in class, and the continuing support that I have received from Jeff, Taylor, and others as I progress in my career.

Friday, May 31 2019
    Thank you, Tricia! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum, pace, and found our instructional team to be supportive. Like you noted, you do get out what you put in, so dedicating extensive time both in and outside of the classroom, will truly help you succeed. We're always optimizing our career services curriculum to be valuable for both beginners as well as experienced professionals, so we appreciate your insight.

We're thrilled you were able to make lifelong connections and applaud all the accomplishments you've achieved thus far. Congratulations on graduating, we're rooting you on as you continue on your new career path!
  • Breanna Nelson  User Photo
    Breanna Nelson • Data Integration Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

This program has changed my life in so many amazing ways. It has allowed me to grow my knowledge and skillset to obtain a new career in the field. I would HIGHLY recommend this certification program for anyone that it is excited and willing to learn. It is a lot of work, but after the program, you will see that your skills are in high demand. I recommend taking advantage for career services. The advice and suggestions they gave me and my perseverance to continue learning outside of the bootcamp to prep for the coding interviews, really were the reasons for why I was offered a new job.

Monday, Feb 11 2019
    Amazing, Breanna! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're happy to hear you greatly benefited from our career services. Congratulations on graduating and landing an exciting new role! We're cheering you on in all your future endeavors.
  • Nick  User Photo
    Nick • Teaching Assistant • Student Verified via GitHub

It was a great experience overall. I came into the program without knowing anything about coding and now after I feel like I'm pretty competent and know what I'm doing.

The pace of the course is very fast so you must be able to ask for additional help if you do need it (the bootcamp WILL provide FREE tutoring or any additional 1 on 1s with the instructional team, you just need to ask!) And also you have to try to do as much as you can to learn since it is such a broad subject and the pace is very fast. The instructor reminds everyone the ABC of coding, (ALWAYS Be Coding!)

I think the bootcamp was overall a very good experience, but you can't just attend and expect to be a coder after. You need to put in your own effort and work very hard too so you can get the most out of it.

Thursday, Feb 07 2019
    We appreciate you sharing your experience, Nick! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and feel competent in your newfound skills. Great advice for prospective students — you should definitely utilize all the boot camp's resources and work hard. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in your future goals!
  • Alumni
    - 11/1/2018
    Viet Vo  User Photo
    Viet Vo • Student Verified via LinkedIn
    This class was amazing! I cannot applaud the teaching staff enough. Personally, I had a worthwhile experience working with the them. My teachers were exceptionally engaging. They supported me all throughout the course. Every question I asked. they had an exceptional answer for. Coming into the class I had only a high school level programming course under my belt and in no time they helped bring me to speed with what the most common industry standards. I loved interacting them as they were; knowledgable professionals in the field. The after class interactions with them helped me be especially competitive. I'm glad to say with the help of Taylor and his TA's and the course director Jeff, I got my first job before the course ended!
    Monday, Nov 05 2018
    Amazing, Viet! We are thrilled you had such an amazing student experience and were supported by our entire team — we also agree that Taylor, Jeff, and all our TAs are pretty great. Congratulations on completing such a rigorous course and on your new career! We are rooting you on as you move forward.
    - 5/31/2018
    Joshua Spears  User Photo
    Joshua Spears • Teaching Assistant • Student Verified via GitHub

Trilogy has provided me the skills to change my life. This program was everything and more then what i expected. I came in with very little knowledge of the subject, and left with enough knowledge to land my first job in the industry.  I would definitely recomend this course to anyone looking into starting a new career in development.

Response From: Jeff Howell of UC Irvine Boot Camps
    Title: Student Success Manager
    Friday, Jun 01 2018
    Way to go, Joshua! We are thrilled you had such a positive experience with our program, successfully learning the fundamentals of full-stack web development. We commend all your hard work, as it definitely paid off - Congratulations on landing your first tech role! Thank you for your review, we wish you all the best.
  • Rich Experience
    - 12/21/2017
    Marwa Mahmoud  User Photo
    Marwa Mahmoud • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I have just finished the UCI bootcamp 6 months part time full stack web development.

It was all in all a great experience. I have learnt a lot in a relatively short period of time.

The curriculum was really strong and it covered most of the trending coding topics

The instructors were amazing.Forrest is very knowledgable and have excellent teaching skills. He was always able to help with the code and can fix any problem what so ever. Kyle the TA was very dedicated to helping us , he was always there in class, on slack helping and sending tutorials.

The career service, Jeff and Jenna, where so nice, they where always reachable and tried to help us as much as they could

There is still some room for improvement in the job assistance par but I am sure they'll get there with time

Response From: Jeff Howell of UC Irvine Boot Camps
    Title: Student Success Manager
    Monday, Jan 15 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Marwa! It's terrific that you had an overall positive experience with our program. We love hearing that your instructors and TAs provided you with the guidance and assistance you needed to be successful in this program, and we're glad that our career services team is working hard to help best equip our students for success.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. The student experience is our number one priority, and feedback like yours helps us to constantly improve our program. We wish you nothing but the best of luck in your future endeavors.
  • Coding Boot Camp
    - 2/22/2019
    LoriS

Full stack web development course was 3 months full-time from Nov. 5 - Feb. 14. VERY intense so you need to be prepared to work 30-40 hours OUTSIDE of class to keep up. I wouldn't recommend working a full-time job during this time. It was hard work, so be prepared to study every night and let family and friends know your week-ends will be busy. Teachers and TAs were FANTASTIC!! Our teacher, Taylor Blanche is very knowledgeable, helpful and even had weekly 2 hour zoom calls after hours to address questions or topics that people weren't clear on. Great class!  I highly recommend it for learning web development skills vs trying to do it on your own.

Monday, Feb 25 2019
    Thank you, Lori! You're completely right that this is a fast-paced course, one that will require prospective students to put in extensive hours outside of class to master the material. We're happy to hear you were satisfied with our instructional team — we also think Taylor is pretty great. Congratulations on your recent graduation and all the best as you move forward!
  • EDWARD CHEN • Student

There are so many different bootcamp out there, but I am so glad that I landed my on UCI Data Analytic Bootcamp!! The bootcamp allowed me to equip with newest tech skill to enter data world, and the program provide variety of aspect to better explore student's need, like getting a buffet we get to choose what to keep in the plate. But the highlight of this entire bootcamp experience was actually our instructor and his team support him in the back. We had so much to learn in the course, but because we had a great teacher that everything was made possible. The instructor so willing to help student that he consistently host review session so everyone can have their chance to get more question answered. In addition, our TA were all very passion about their own work, so they were able to convey that energy and to help each student in class. Lastly, the career services and the student success manager REALLY look out for each of us, and making sure we had all we need to thrive. It is really hard to find people who actually care, and do all their best to support you in all level.

The bootcamp is not a easy thing, it does require student to put in a lot of effort and time to be able to really get a grasp of it. With the program set up and the support from career service, I am more than ready to face new challenge after the program end.

I will STRONGLY recommend this Data Analytic Bootcamp from UCI for anyone.

Tuesday, Feb 12 2019
    Thank you for sharing your experience, Edward! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and felt supported by our entire boot camp team. We're passionate about enabling student success, so it's great to hear this resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future goals!
  • Archie Saquilabon • Graduate

The coding boot camp here was such a great experience. Although the course was fast paced, the instructors and TAs really do a great job spoon feeding the complex concepts to help you understand what you're doing.

The staff really does their best to help you develop your skills and cater to your learning style. I do recommend putting in the extra time to practice and study to better understand each and every topic/concept.

This program helped me in my career change and has helped me create what I could've only imagine come to life.

Friday, Feb 08 2019
    Way to go, Archie! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the program and felt supported by our entire instructional team. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for choosing our course to make a significant career change! We wish you all the best moving forward.
  • Armando A. Pensado • Graduate

The UCI bootcamp is a great investment for developers interested to add web technologies to their toolbelt.  It offers a good challenge, and bring you up to speed in We development using Mongo DB, Express, React, and Nod JS (MERN).

I am a software developer falling behind in web technologies. This bootcamp brought me up to speed. Yes, is hard to have to work and attend classes, with homework and projects, but it really pays off once you reach the finish line. The transformation is amazing. I am impress of how much I learn and put to practice.

I can highly recommend  this bootcamp, as is back up by a serous institution as the University of California – Irvine.

Monday, Jan 28 2019
    Thank you, Armando! We're so happy to hear you were able to advance your web development skills and learn so much. Congratulations on graduating from such a rigorous course! We wish you all the success in your future endeavors.