The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp
Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. This part-time bootcamp is designed for working professionals and students pursuing a career change, advancement, or looking to acquire a new skillset. Students have access to career-planning services, portfolio review, demo days, and recruiting advice. Career-planning services includes access to a dedicated Profile Coach and Career Director that will work with students throughout the program and prepare them to be Employer Competitive. Graduates receive a certificate of completion from the University of Connecticut School of Engineering and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development.
The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp is offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.
Recent The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp Reviews: Rating 4.93
Recent The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp News
Deposit N/A FinancingPayment plans available
Minimum Skill Level Beginner Prep Work Pre-work Placement Test No Interview Yes
The UConn Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, full stack web development course. It is part-time and designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skillset. The Course Report community is now eligible for a $500 scholarship to the UConn Coding Boot Camp.
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- All courses and campuses in The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp
The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp Reviews
14 reviews sorted by:
- Full Stack Web Development- 11/1/2020Datesta Nickl • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate • Campus: Stamford • Verified via GitHubThe skill sets I've learned are invaluable. The curriculum tells you everything you need to know, my instructor and teaching assistant are the most kind, competent and patient people. I am so happy that I choose UCONN for this program. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of The University of Connecticut Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamThursday, Nov 05 2020Amazing, Datesta! It's great to know you developed invaluable full stack web development skills and benefited from the support of our instructional team. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and best of luck in all that you do!
- Recent grad here! I went in with zero coding experience. This full stack course at UConn was extremely challenging! It feels so rewarding having finished. It's been a grueling 6 months! The instructional staff was excellent and it blew me away how knowledgeable the teacher was. Everyone was friendly and easy to talk to. Whenever I had a question for the instructional staff or administration they worked with me and were always very helpful. The class is very fast paced and it is easy to fall behind, but bootcamps are supposed to be fast paced! Luckily I took advantage of the weekly one on one tutoring regularly. My tutor was awesome and would always help me towards a solution. I really liked the curriculum and think it will provide a strong foundation for what is to come. I would recommend this course to a friend for sure!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of The University of Connecticut Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamTuesday, Oct 27 2020Way to go, Daniel! We're thrilled to hear you found the boot camp to be a rewarding experience and were able to successfully learn the fundamentals of full stack web development. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our instructional team and found them to be knowledgeable. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
- I recently graduated from the UConn Coding Boot Camp in September 2020. I must say I am very grateful for the experience and support I received from the staff and instructional team. In addition, we were provided weekly tutoring and online one-on-one learning assistance support whenever needed, which turned out to be really great when you got stuck trying to figure a problem. Looking back, I had no idea I was capable of completing this program, because I had no prior knowledge of coding, but with the caliber of instructional staff, course material, career services, and support staff design to help students succeed, made it possible. I am very proud of my accomplishments and the vast amount of knowledge I have gained in such a short period.
My suggestion to anyone considering this program is to try to at least learn the fundamentals of web development and completing the pre-work that is sent to you. This will greatly help with the transition into the program and to keep up with the pace of the class. I believe UConn did a lot to prepare us but I also believe we needed to dive in a little more to help prepare ourselves.
I highly recommend the program to anyone interested, as the curriculum covers what is needed to thrive in a full-stack web development position. They provide you with the starting blocks and guide you through crafting your employee competitive portfolio including your resume, Github profile, while learning the best interview skills and practices, with the help of their career advising team.
Special thanks to Michael Labieniec, Luis Garcia, Jeana, Patrick Lake, and Corey Bott
Response From: Boot Camp Team of The University of Connecticut Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamThursday, Oct 15 2020Thank you, Carolene! You're right that the program is a challenging one, so we're glad you were able to benefit from the support and resources available to you. We have to agree, Michael, Luis, Jeana, Patrick, and Corey really do make up a fantastic instructional staff.We're so happy you exceeded your own expectations and have gained a valuable skill set in the process. Congratulations on completing the boot camp! We wish you all the best in your job search and beyond.
- Michael Kelly • Developer • Graduate • Verified via GitHubThe UConn Coding Boot Camp was one of the most rewarding and challenging endeavors I have ever taken on. I was very impressed with the level of material we covered in six months and the caliber of the instructional and support staff employed to help students succeed. They provide an incredible amount of workshops and resources to compliment the class time and projects that are covered in the curriculum. I am excited about my new skills and the foundational level of knowledge I gained in modern web development technologies and computer science and programming principles. I highly recommend the program to anyone interested in learning in a supportive and collaborative program. I feel ready to begin my job search and feel confident with the skills that make me ready for the job hunt and employer-competitive.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of The University of Connecticut Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamThursday, Oct 15 2020Thank you for sharing your experience, Michael. We're thrilled that the curriculum exceeded your expectations and that you were able to take full advantage of the support throughout the program. Congratulations on completing the course and becoming employer competitive in the process — best of luck moving forward!
Response From: Boot Camp Team of The University of Connecticut Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamFriday, Oct 02 2020We appreciate your review, soverylarry! Like you noted, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the virtual format.
We recognize how challenging it can be to balance your studies with your personal commitments, so we commend all the hard work you dedicated. Great advice for prospective students—completing the pre-work prior to beginning, will definitely help you better understand the fundamentals.
Our entire boot camp team is truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're thrilled you found them to be knowledgeable and supportive throughout your learning journey. We couldn't agree more that taking advantage of all the available resources, such as tutoring and office hours, can make all the difference and help you successfully finish out the course.
Congratulations on graduating! We're confident you'll go on to do great things with your newfound skillset and wish you all the best moving forward.
- Full Stack Flex- 7/28/2020Gurprem • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: Stamford • Verified via LinkedInI joined this 6 month boot camp after researching many boot camps and found this to be the best choice. Learning new technologies takes time, while this program is part time; it provides ALOT of knowledge. We used a ticketing system since day 1 and spent the whole class period completing activities. The program has an instructor, two teaching assistants and provides private tutoring. We as have a team with a student success manager and career services. If you use all these tools and during these 6 months you will have an updated LinkedIn and GitHub with many projects when your completed. Trust me this time span of 6 months and team is a perfect choice.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of The University of Connecticut Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamTuesday, Jul 28 2020Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Gurprem! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Great advice for prospective learners — taking advantage of all the available resources will definitely help you stay ahead and succeed. Congratulation on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
- Student- 5/19/2020Patrick Petro • Student • Verified via LinkedInThe coding bootcamp at the University of Connecticut is one of the best programs I’ve ever been a part of. The curriculum covers what is needed to thrive in a full stack web development position and the friendly teaching staff is alway available to lend assistance.
They provide you with the starting blocks and guide you through crafting a masterful application portfolio and with the help of their wonderful career advising team, you develop a competitive resume and learn the best interview skills and practices.
Recommend 100% :)
Response From: Boot Camp Team of The University of Connecticut Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamThursday, May 28 2020Way to go, Patrick! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and not only benefited from the curriculum but from the support of our entire team. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp! We wish you continued success and are confident you'll go on to achieve great things in the future with your newfound skills.
- Full Stack Web Developer.- 5/19/2020Ramal Imanov • PG Amnesty and FC Support in Amazon • Graduate • Verified via GitHubTrilogy Education Service best place to learn coding and make progress. Team very helpful and very friendly. They don't do only teaching they also following student for they future to find job. I am very happy to spent my 6 months to be part of Trilogy Education Service and learn a lot. Thank you again. I'll appreciate everytime to Trilog Education Service in my live.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of The University of Connecticut Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamThursday, May 28 2020Amazing, Ramal! It's great to hear you enjoyed the boot camp and found our entire team to be helpful. We're truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're glad this resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of The University of Connecticut Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamThursday, May 28 2020Thank you for your review, Luis! We're glad to hear you benefited from our instructor's support. Congratulations on graduating and all the best moving forward!
- Review- 11/2/2020Anthony Pihonak • Graduate • Course: Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: StamfordVery knowledgable and helpful instructors. Overall you'll learn a great amount of material in a very short time frame if you join this bootcamp.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of The University of Connecticut Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamThursday, Nov 05 2020Thank you for your review, Anthony! We're glad you found our instructional team to be knowledgeable and helpful. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all your future coding endeavors!
- Learned alot in a short time.- 10/31/2020Omar Kazi • Full Stack Developer • Course: Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • Campus: StamfordGreat experience great support and includes job assistance.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of The University of Connecticut Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamThursday, Nov 05 2020Thanks, Omar! We're thrilled you had a great boot camp experience and wish you all the best moving forward.
- Great team!!- 10/3/2020SangeetaTo those, who are looking forward to dive into coding world, If you have no previous knowledge of coding, brace yourself. The journey is going to be challenging, yet rewarding. I am grateful to my instructor Michael Labieniec who always kept it real and provided us snippets of real world while teaching us what to do, and most importantly, what not to do as a coder. Thank you Luis Garcia for being there when we needed you. And, last but not the least, thank you Jeanna for encouraging me not to give up when I thought I could not complete the course.
Response From: Boot Camp Team of The University of Connecticut Coding Boot CampTitle: Community TeamThursday, Oct 15 2020Amazing, Sangeeta! We're so happy that you found your learning experience to be rewarding. We're passionate about teaching from a challenging curriculum, so we appreciate your advice to future learners and commend you on your efforts. All the best moving forward!