the-university-of-connecticut-coding-boot-camp-logo

The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp

Stamford

The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp

The UConn Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course offered at the University of Connecticut's Stamford campus. Student will receive the skills needed to become front end and back end developers. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Database Theory, MongoDB, Heroku, Git, Java.

Applicants do not need programming experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. This part-time bootcamp is designed for working professionals and students pursuing a career change, advancement, or looking to acquire a new skillset. Students have access to career-planning services, portfolio review, demo days, and recruiting advice. Career-planning services includes access to a dedicated Profile Coach and Career Director that will work with students throughout the program and prepare them to be Employer Competitive. Graduates receive a certificate of completion from the University of Connecticut School of Engineering and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development.

The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp is offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp Reviews: Rating 4.93

all (14) reviews for The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp →

Recent The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp News

• Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, Node.js, Java, Front End
      LocationStamford
      The UConn Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course offered on our Stamford campus. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, database theory, MongoDB, Heroku, Git, Java.
      Payment plans available
      Prep WorkPre-work

• $500 The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp Scholarship

The UConn Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, full stack web development course. It is part-time and designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skillset. The Course Report community is now eligible for a $500 scholarship to the UConn Coding Boot Camp.

• All courses and campuses in The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp
    • Datesta Nickl  User Photo
      Datesta Nickl • Full Stack Web Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      The skill sets I've learned are invaluable. The curriculum tells you everything you need to know, my instructor and teaching assistant are the most kind, competent and patient people. I am so happy that I choose UCONN for this program. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
      Thursday, Nov 05 2020
      Amazing, Datesta! It's great to know you developed invaluable full stack web development skills and benefited from the support of our instructional team. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and best of luck in all that you do!
    • Daniel Talmont  User Photo
      Daniel Talmont • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Recent grad here! I went in with zero coding experience. This full stack course at UConn was extremely challenging! It feels so rewarding having finished. It's been a grueling 6 months! The instructional staff was excellent and it blew me away how knowledgeable the teacher was. Everyone was friendly and easy to talk to. Whenever I had  a question for the instructional staff or administration they worked with me and were always very helpful. The class is very fast paced and it is easy to fall behind, but bootcamps are supposed to be fast paced! Luckily I took advantage of the weekly one on one tutoring regularly. My tutor was awesome and would always help me towards a solution. I really liked the curriculum and think it will provide a strong foundation for what is to come. I would recommend this course to a friend for sure!
      Tuesday, Oct 27 2020
      Way to go, Daniel! We're thrilled to hear you found the boot camp to be a rewarding experience and were able to successfully learn the fundamentals of full stack web development. It's great to hear you benefited from the support of our instructional team and found them to be knowledgeable. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
    • Graduate
      - 10/5/2020
      Carolene Wilson-Grizzle  User Photo
      Carolene Wilson-Grizzle • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I recently graduated from the UConn Coding Boot Camp in September 2020. I must say I am very grateful for the experience and support I received from the staff and instructional team. In addition, we were provided weekly tutoring and online one-on-one learning assistance support whenever needed, which turned out to be really great when you got stuck trying to figure a problem. Looking back, I had no idea I was capable of completing this program, because I had no prior knowledge of coding, but with the caliber of instructional staff, course material, career services, and support staff design to help students succeed, made it possible. I am very proud of my accomplishments and the vast amount of knowledge I have gained in such a short period.

My suggestion to anyone considering this program is to try to at least learn the fundamentals of web development and completing the pre-work that is sent to you. This will greatly help with the transition into the program and to keep up with the pace of the class. I believe UConn did a lot to prepare us but I also believe we needed to dive in a little more to help prepare ourselves.

I highly recommend the program to anyone interested, as the curriculum covers what is needed to thrive in a full-stack web development position. They provide you with the starting blocks and guide you through crafting your employee competitive portfolio including your resume, Github profile, while learning the best interview skills and practices, with the help of their career advising team.

Special thanks to Michael Labieniec, Luis Garcia, Jeana, Patrick Lake, and Corey Bott
      Thursday, Oct 15 2020
      Thank you, Carolene! You're right that the program is a challenging one, so we're glad you were able to benefit from the support and resources available to you. We have to agree, Michael, Luis, Jeana, Patrick, and Corey really do make up a fantastic instructional staff.

We're so happy you exceeded your own expectations and have gained a valuable skill set in the process. Congratulations on completing the boot camp! We wish you all the best in your job search and beyond.
    • Michael Kelly  User Photo
      Michael Kelly • Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      The UConn Coding Boot Camp was one of the most rewarding and challenging endeavors I have ever taken on. I was very impressed with the level of material we covered in six months and the caliber of the instructional and support staff employed to help students succeed. They provide an incredible amount of workshops and resources to compliment the class time and projects that are covered in the curriculum. I am excited about my new skills and the foundational level of knowledge I gained in modern web development technologies and computer science and programming principles. I highly recommend the program to anyone interested in learning in a supportive and collaborative program. I feel ready to begin my job search and feel confident with the skills that make me ready for the job hunt and employer-competitive.
      Thursday, Oct 15 2020
      Thank you for sharing your experience, Michael. We're thrilled that the curriculum exceeded your expectations and that you were able to take full advantage of the support throughout the program. Congratulations on completing the course and becoming employer competitive in the process — best of luck moving forward!
    • 100% Recommend
      - 10/3/2020
      Jen Rosa  User Photo
      Jen Rosa • Teacher • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      I recently graduated from UCONN's Full-Stack Program this past month. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to learn from and work with such passionate, knowledgeable and most importantly supportive staff members.

Our instructor is a Princeton graduate with over 20+ years of experience in the industry and is currently the Software Development Manager at Amazon Web Services. Our TA is coder for the Defense Department and our Program Success Manager was a positive force that encouraged and supported our cohort, especially when the going got tough.

And the going definitely got tough. Our cohort was faced with many unprecedented circumstances - from the COVID lockdown and loss of family members, the unfortunate death of George Floyd, and intense storms that caused power outages/downed trees on our homes. Stressed was an understatement. However, the level of support, encouragement and understanding I received from all of our staff during those tough times is something I will forever be thankful for. It was evident that they truly cared about our well-being above anything else.

Our instructors and support staff were also available beyond program limitations. In addition, tutor support is available as needed as well as office hours before and after every class. This course is no walk in the park so I absolutely encourage future students to take advantage of these opportunities.

If you are thinking about enrolling in this course, I 100% recommend that you do. To give you some insight into the program:
      Our cohort met via Zoom (due to the pandemic) 3x per week. From 6:30-9:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 10:00-2:00 on Saturdays for a period of 24 weeks.

My advice for a successful Boot Camp experience:
      1. Begin self-studying NOW - the more background knowledge you obtain before the program begins, the better and more confident you will feel. (look into HTML, CSS, and JavaScript basics)
      2. Complete all of the pre-course work
      3. Save any homework skips until the very end. You will be juggling a final project and presentation to prepare for, as well as catching up on any final assignments.
      4. Take advantage of Career Services - they will help you tremendously with your portfolio, resume, and interview practice.
      5. The homework assignments are very demanding! Create a schedule for yourself to work at it every day and ensure you are submitting things on time
      6. Embrace the challenges! Things will get tough, but I am proud of my self for preserving and making it until the end.

Again, I cannot thank the instructors and staff members enough. I started the program without knowing how to read a single line of code. Now I am able to create full-stack, dynamic, and interactive websites and web apps. I cannot wait to see where these newly obtained skills will take me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
      Thursday, Oct 15 2020
      Incredible, Jen! Thank you for your review. We take great pride in the selection of our instructional staff, so we're thrilled that you found their professional experience and support throughout the program to be beneficial. We know that the transition to remote learning was an unexpected one for everyone, and we commend you for your perseverance in overcoming the additional external hurdles throughout the program. Your advice for future students is spot-on — with a rigorous, fast-paced curriculum, we know how crucial support is to overall success, which is why we provide ample support during and beyond the boot camp. While it may have proven to be challenging at times, your success despite having no prior experience in web development is a testament to the hard work you put in for 24 weeks. Congratulations on completing the boot camp, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
    • soverylarry  User Photo
      soverylarry • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Howdy.  I just completed the Full Stack Flex option for the UConn Coding Camp/Trilogy/2U. Our cohort had the added curve ball of having the Covid-19 lockdown happen just days before we were to begin in person classes. My program met 3x/week; three hours Tue & Thu, four hours on Saturday for 6 months. On top of Covid I'm a parent of two children, 7 and 11 years of age. And I got home schooling duties thrust upon me just as camp started. Not ideal to say the least. Like any camp you'll feel the first few weeks like drinking from a fire hose. If my original plan had held, to use the month prior to study HTML/CSS and Javascript full time, the first month would have been way way easier.  I can't stress enough to take the time to get some foundation if you're a first timer. They have a curriculum to complete prior to class starting and I would strongly suggest you take that seriously.  And get a little exposure to Git/Github.  There are terrific online tutorials all over the internet so avail yourself of them and you'll be glad you did.  Our instructors we insanely qualified. I was stunned at their quality. Our main instructor is a very senior level manager at Amazon Web Services and basically spearheaded their Amplify product.  He's a super cool dude as well. Our TA is a coder for the Defense Department (there's surprisingly a lot of that in Connecticut if you're not aware). And he was very easy to get along with. Both truly enjoyed teaching and it showed. And their depth of knowledge was...well I sure as hell never got to bottom of it, ha! I mean just stellar credentials. Both were very accessible, even beyond program limitations. I had a serious family issue that landed in my lap about have way through and I wanted to quit several times due the stress and distraction. Our program success manager really stepped up beyond her job description several times to support and encourage me. I'd say at about that halfway mark it was 50/50 split as to whether I would make it to graduation. If she hadn't stepped in the way she did, I likely would have quit. I'm eternally grateful for that support. It's a demanding program, flat out.  But the tutor support I got was outstanding. I had a standing one hour weekly session throughout the program and I went every week. And the office hours, one hour prior to and just after each class, were a tremendous way to get support, both with your problems and watching others work thru their issues. And there was an online tutorial support available something like 14 hours a day every day. I can't remember the official hours but they were almost always available and the online tutors we're outstanding as well.  They were limited to like 15 minutes per instance (you're allowed multiple instances per day as long as you weren't asking them to write code for you..obviously)  but that was more than enough to get you unstuck 90% of the time. The weekly homeworks were demanding but some weeks were easier than others. I can't encourage any future students enough to get into a study group.  Mine met via GoogleMeets/Zoom 2 - 3 times per week for at least an hour and it was a huge factor in my success.  So solid was the interaction that my core group of five is going to start our own Discord channel to continue to support each other in our professional development. And we have at least three months post graduation to make use of the Career support services. Others dug more deeply into that along the way but with all of my distractions I couldn't get involved to any real extent and still stay focused on the course content. Overall I'd give it high marks for a high overall quality of program, but be prepared to prepare (as they say) and then work on it everyday in your cohort. Good luck!
      Friday, Oct 02 2020
      We appreciate your review, soverylarry! Like you noted, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the virtual format.

We recognize how challenging it can be to balance your studies with your personal commitments, so we commend all the hard work you dedicated. Great advice for prospective students—completing the pre-work prior to beginning, will definitely help you better understand the fundamentals.

Our entire boot camp team is truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're thrilled you found them to be knowledgeable and supportive throughout your learning journey. We couldn't agree more that taking advantage of all the available resources, such as tutoring and office hours, can make all the difference and help you successfully finish out the course.

Congratulations on graduating! We're confident you'll go on to do great things with your newfound skillset and wish you all the best moving forward.
    • Full Stack Flex
      - 7/28/2020
      Gurprem   User Photo
      Gurprem • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I joined this 6 month boot camp after researching many boot camps and found this to be the best choice. Learning new technologies takes time, while this program is part time; it provides ALOT of knowledge. We used a ticketing system since day 1 and spent the whole class period completing activities. The program has an instructor, two teaching assistants and provides private tutoring. We as have a team with a student success manager and career services. If you use all these tools and during these 6 months you will have an updated LinkedIn and GitHub with many projects when your completed. Trust me this time span of 6 months and team is a perfect choice.
      Tuesday, Jul 28 2020
      Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Gurprem! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Great advice for prospective learners — taking advantage of all the available resources will definitely help you stay ahead and succeed. Congratulation on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
      - 5/19/2020
      Patrick Petro  User Photo
      Patrick Petro • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      The coding bootcamp at the University of Connecticut is one of the best programs I’ve ever been a part of. The curriculum covers what is needed to thrive in a full stack web development position and the friendly teaching staff is alway available to lend assistance.

They provide you with the starting blocks and guide you through crafting a masterful application portfolio and with the help of their wonderful career advising team, you develop a competitive resume and learn the best interview skills and practices.

Recommend 100% :)
      Thursday, May 28 2020
      Way to go, Patrick! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and not only benefited from the curriculum but from the support of our entire team. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp! We wish you continued success and are confident you'll go on to achieve great things in the future with your newfound skills.
    • Ramal Imanov  User Photo
      Ramal Imanov • PG Amnesty and FC Support in Amazon • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Trilogy Education Service best place to learn coding and make progress. Team very helpful and very friendly. They don't do only teaching they also following student for they future to find job. I am very happy to spent my 6 months to be part of Trilogy Education Service and learn a lot. Thank you again. I'll appreciate everytime to Trilog Education Service in my live.
      Thursday, May 28 2020
      Amazing, Ramal! It's great to hear you enjoyed the boot camp and found our entire team to be helpful. We're truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're glad this resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
    • Luis Gomez  User Photo
      Luis Gomez • IT Specialist Verified via GitHub
      Best course ever, great teachers and support.
      Thursday, May 28 2020
      Thank you for your review, Luis! We're glad to hear you benefited from our instructor's support. Congratulations on graduating and all the best moving forward!
    • Review
      - 11/2/2020
      Anthony Pihonak • Graduate
      Very knowledgable and helpful instructors. Overall you'll learn a great amount of material in a very short time frame if you join this bootcamp.
      Thursday, Nov 05 2020
      Thank you for your review, Anthony! We're glad you found our instructional team to be knowledgeable and helpful. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success in all your future coding endeavors!
    • Omar Kazi • Full Stack Developer
      Great experience great support and includes job assistance.
      Thursday, Nov 05 2020
      Thanks, Omar! We're thrilled you had a great boot camp experience and wish you all the best moving forward.