the-university-of-connecticut-boot-camps-logo

The University of Connecticut Boot Camps

Stamford

The University of Connecticut Boot Camps

UConn Boot Camps offer part-time, 24-week, web development and cybersecurity courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git. The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

Applicants do not need previous experience to enroll, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. As all the programs are part-time, UConn Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change, advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.

Graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Connecticut School of Engineering and will have a portfolio of projects or apps demonstrating a working knowledge of the topics covered throughout the program.

UConn Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent The University of Connecticut Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.86

all (29) reviews for The University of Connecticut Boot Camps →

Recent The University of Connecticut Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationStamford
      UConn Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
      Payment plans available
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, jQuery, MongoDB, Node.js
      LocationStamford
      UConn Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
      Payment plans available
      Prep WorkPre-work

• $500 The University of Connecticut Coding Boot Camp Scholarship

The UConn Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, full stack web development course. It is part-time and designed for working professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skillset. The Course Report community is now eligible for a $500 scholarship to the UConn Coding Boot Camp.

• All courses and campuses in The University of Connecticut Boot Camps
    • soverylarry  User Photo
      soverylarry • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Howdy.  I just completed the Full Stack Flex option for the UConn Coding Camp/Trilogy/2U. Our cohort had the added curve ball of having the Covid-19 lockdown happen just days before we were to begin in person classes. My program met 3x/week; three hours Tue & Thu, four hours on Saturday for 6 months. On top of Covid I'm a parent of two children, 7 and 11 years of age. And I got home schooling duties thrust upon me just as camp started. Not ideal to say the least. Like any camp you'll feel the first few weeks like drinking from a fire hose. If my original plan had held, to use the month prior to study HTML/CSS and Javascript full time, the first month would have been way way easier.  I can't stress enough to take the time to get some foundation if you're a first timer. They have a curriculum to complete prior to class starting and I would strongly suggest you take that seriously.  And get a little exposure to Git/Github.  There are terrific online tutorials all over the internet so avail yourself of them and you'll be glad you did.  Our instructors we insanely qualified. I was stunned at their quality. Our main instructor is a very senior level manager at Amazon Web Services and basically spearheaded their Amplify product.  He's a super cool dude as well. Our TA is a coder for the Defense Department (there's surprisingly a lot of that in Connecticut if you're not aware). And he was very easy to get along with. Both truly enjoyed teaching and it showed. And their depth of knowledge was...well I sure as hell never got to bottom of it, ha! I mean just stellar credentials. Both were very accessible, even beyond program limitations. I had a serious family issue that landed in my lap about have way through and I wanted to quit several times due the stress and distraction. Our program success manager really stepped up beyond her job description several times to support and encourage me. I'd say at about that halfway mark it was 50/50 split as to whether I would make it to graduation. If she hadn't stepped in the way she did, I likely would have quit. I'm eternally grateful for that support. It's a demanding program, flat out.  But the tutor support I got was outstanding. I had a standing one hour weekly session throughout the program and I went every week. And the office hours, one hour prior to and just after each class, were a tremendous way to get support, both with your problems and watching others work thru their issues. And there was an online tutorial support available something like 14 hours a day every day. I can't remember the official hours but they were almost always available and the online tutors we're outstanding as well.  They were limited to like 15 minutes per instance (you're allowed multiple instances per day as long as you weren't asking them to write code for you..obviously)  but that was more than enough to get you unstuck 90% of the time. The weekly homeworks were demanding but some weeks were easier than others. I can't encourage any future students enough to get into a study group.  Mine met via GoogleMeets/Zoom 2 - 3 times per week for at least an hour and it was a huge factor in my success.  So solid was the interaction that my core group of five is going to start our own Discord channel to continue to support each other in our professional development. And we have at least three months post graduation to make use of the Career support services. Others dug more deeply into that along the way but with all of my distractions I couldn't get involved to any real extent and still stay focused on the course content. Overall I'd give it high marks for a high overall quality of program, but be prepared to prepare (as they say) and then work on it everyday in your cohort. Good luck!
      Friday, Oct 02 2020
      We appreciate your review, soverylarry! Like you noted, your cohort did experience a disruption due to COVID-19 that resulted in your studies transitioning online. We're happy to hear this unplanned change was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the virtual format.

We recognize how challenging it can be to balance your studies with your personal commitments, so we commend all the hard work you dedicated. Great advice for prospective students—completing the pre-work prior to beginning, will definitely help you better understand the fundamentals.

Our entire boot camp team is truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're thrilled you found them to be knowledgeable and supportive throughout your learning journey. We couldn't agree more that taking advantage of all the available resources, such as tutoring and office hours, can make all the difference and help you successfully finish out the course.

Congratulations on graduating! We're confident you'll go on to do great things with your newfound skillset and wish you all the best moving forward.
    • Full Stack Flex
      - 7/28/2020
      Gurprem   User Photo
      Gurprem • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I joined this 6 month boot camp after researching many boot camps and found this to be the best choice. Learning new technologies takes time, while this program is part time; it provides ALOT of knowledge. We used a ticketing system since day 1 and spent the whole class period completing activities. The program has an instructor, two teaching assistants and provides private tutoring. We as have a team with a student success manager and career services. If you use all these tools and during these 6 months you will have an updated LinkedIn and GitHub with many projects when your completed. Trust me this time span of 6 months and team is a perfect choice.
      Tuesday, Jul 28 2020
      Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Gurprem! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from the support of our entire instructional team. Great advice for prospective learners — taking advantage of all the available resources will definitely help you stay ahead and succeed. Congratulation on graduating, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
      - 5/19/2020
      Patrick Petro  User Photo
      Patrick Petro • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      The coding bootcamp at the University of Connecticut is one of the best programs I’ve ever been a part of. The curriculum covers what is needed to thrive in a full stack web development position and the friendly teaching staff is alway available to lend assistance.

They provide you with the starting blocks and guide you through crafting a masterful application portfolio and with the help of their wonderful career advising team, you develop a competitive resume and learn the best interview skills and practices.

Recommend 100% :)
      Thursday, May 28 2020
      Way to go, Patrick! We're thrilled you had a positive student experience and not only benefited from the curriculum but from the support of our entire team. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp! We wish you continued success and are confident you'll go on to achieve great things in the future with your newfound skills.
    • Ramal Imanov  User Photo
      Ramal Imanov • PG Amnesty and FC Support in Amazon • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      Trilogy Education Service best place to learn coding and make progress. Team very helpful and very friendly. They don't do only teaching they also following student for they future to find job. I am very happy to spent my 6 months to be part of Trilogy Education Service and learn a lot. Thank you again. I'll appreciate everytime to Trilog Education Service in my live.
      Thursday, May 28 2020
      Amazing, Ramal! It's great to hear you enjoyed the boot camp and found our entire team to be helpful. We're truly passionate about enabling student success, so we're glad this resonated with you. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We're rooting you on in all that you do.
    • Luis Gomez  User Photo
      Luis Gomez • IT Specialist Verified via GitHub
      Best course ever, great teachers and support.
      Thursday, May 28 2020
      Thank you for your review, Luis! We're glad to hear you benefited from our instructor's support. Congratulations on graduating and all the best moving forward!
    • Jalyn Campbell • Applicant
      Such an amazing and challenging course. Thank you so much to the support staff for being as supportive as they were. Wouldn't have asked for another group!
      Tuesday, Apr 27 2021
      Incredible, Jalyn! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and benefited from the support of our entire. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! Best of luck in all that you do.
    • Luca • Graduate
      The student success manager (Jeanna LaBella), instructor (Michael Labieniec), and TA's (Nathan Sartain and Chris Bonifacio) did a fantastic job in understanding the student needs, providing flexibility with availability for help, sharing their knowledge and expertise, and being patient in a 6-month demanding, fast-paced coding boot-camp.  It was a pleasure meeting, working, and learning from a great group.  I highly recommend learning from this team.  The only concern I had is that Trilogy's curriculum needs to stay current with the pace of technology changes.  Overall, the course had the right balance of instructional and coding exercises.  Group projects were very interactive and a great tool to assess what you have learned and can apply.
      Tuesday, Apr 27 2021
      Amazing, Luca! It's great to hear you found our entire boot camp team to be flexible, patient, and knowledgeable. We couldn't agree more that Jeanna, Michael, Nathan, and Chris are fantastic. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the group projects and appreciate your input. As the industry continues to evolve, our curriculum is continually being optimized using extensive market and employer research. Congratulations on completing the course, we appreciate your review! All the best moving forward.
    • Alexander Marzullo • Graduate
      I started this course in October of 2020. I've went to college before but withdrew multiple times due to lack of motivation and paying attention. My course was online due to covid, so I was expecting the same result but I went through it anyways. The instructional staff, Michael, Nathan, and Chris, and the Student Success Manager, Jeanna, were incredible to say the least. They were very knowledgeable and would go out of their way to help any student in need. They were also very engaging, which is very important to me due to my past challenges with paying attention / engaged. They would stay past the listed hours to make sure we left the class with the confidence and knowledge so that we were ready for the next lesson. During my course, I lost my father due to cancer, and that led to me falling behind in classes and homework. I was ready to just drop the class because I didn't think I would catch up before the course ending. After a conversation with Jeanna, she worked with me and motivated me to keep pushing during this hard time. I graduated in April 2021 with the knowledge and confidence to start my career in web/software development.
      Tuesday, Apr 27 2021
      Way to go, Alexander! We're glad to hear our online learning format was conducted successfully and that you benefited from the ongoing support of our entire team. We couldn't agree more that Michael, Nathan, Chris, and Jeanna are all pretty fantastic. We strive to enable student success, so we are happy that you found them to be encouraging, especially as you navigated through such an incredibly difficult loss. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review. We wish you all the best in your future coding endeavors.
    • Full Stack Course
      - 4/21/2021
      Jeff Woda • Sales • Graduate
      It is a lot of material and time and effort. The entire staff though is phenomenal and supportive. I highly recommend it to anyone willing to do the work. (You have to step up or else what's the point.. = it is a ton of material)
      Tuesday, Apr 27 2021
      We appreciate your review, Jeff! Like noted, this is a fast-paced program that covers a wide range of material so we're glad to hear you found our entire boot camp team to be phenomenal and supportive. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck moving forward!
    • Luis Calderin • Medical Lab Science
      A plethora of web info in a short amount of time. Would of never learned as much on my own. The instructional staff were fantastic.
      Friday, Jan 29 2021
      Congratulations on successfully learning the fundamentals of full stack web development, Luis! We applaud all your hard work and wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
    • Frank Salvo • Graduate
      Terrific program !    Learned a lot, brought my skills up to date and worked with great staff, great content and practical skill development.  Virtual made it possible to fit-in with my 'day job' and all the tools and support made it work.   Would recommend the program to anyone!
      Friday, Jan 29 2021
      We appreciate your review, Frank! It's great to hear you were able to further develop your web development skills and benefited from our online format. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you continued success as you move forward!
    • Eric • Insurance • Student
      Good investment lot of knowledge gained.
      Friday, Jan 29 2021
      Thanks so much, Eric! We're glad you enjoyed the boot camp and successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. We wish you all the best in your future goals!