Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through weekly video calls.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Springboard’s tuition-back guarantee allows students a six-month runway to land a job.
Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.63
Recent Springboard News
- January 2021 Coding Bootcamp News
- Cyber Security Career Roadmap: From Junior to Senior Roles with Springboard
- 2020 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking, Network Security, CompTIA Security+
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineSpringboard is a leading digital skills bootcamp that has empowered thousands of students to get their dream job. The Cyber Security Career Track we offer is the first online bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You’ll complete 30+ labs and 35+ mini-projects while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep"
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $8,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1490/month, $7500 upfront, loan financing, and deferred tuition plans available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $10,000 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $6,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $750 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
784 reviews sorted by:
- Alina Gheonea • UI / UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe curriculum was way denser than I expected, with A LOT of articles to read and I think it needs to be curated more, because a lot of them say the same thing in a different form. I did the course full-time, as I was unemployed, and finished it in 5 months; it basically occupied my whole time, including the week-ends.
Especially in the beginning of the course, it was pretty hard to follow because there was a lot to read and very little practical stuff - but it got much better as the course progressed and more practical assignments came up. The 1:1 mentor calls were priceless, with the assigned mentor as well as the additional mentor calls. The IDP (Industry Design Project) wasn't the best match (I was asked about my preferences but it all depends on the available projects, and people assumed that I'd be ok with doing something related to my old career, which wasn't the case at all), but with the help of my mentor I managed to turn it into a good portfolio piece.
The career services were excellent, throughout the course and also after it was finished (6 months of career services are included after the end of the curriculum). I got a job offer in 2 months after completing the course (after a month of more actively applying), which I accepted. And yes, it was through networking. So overall it was well worth it and I would highly recommend it.
- Software Engineering career track- 11/12/2020Moayed Mustafa • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI have just graduated from the Software engineering career track program by Springboard and I'd like to say it is AWESOME! learning to code is a long process and it makes all the sense in the world that you take your time to learn deeply and apply what you have learned through projects. I loved everything about springboard, Colt Steel is an awesome instructor and it takes some amazing character to make over 100 hours of video content that does not bore students! the modules are really well thought out, the exercises are very good, not to mentions that there is an exercise for almost everything you learn, and further study exercises too.
The most important part about springboard in my opinion that students are matched with mentors, this is crucial because it's not just the weekly calls that counts, it's all those long emails and showing you different ways of solving a problem or writing code that really counts, having a mentor that shares his/her experience with you is invaluable.
The student success team is really great, they are quite supportive, helping with time management and organization are very important since there is so much to learn.
Another important aspect of the course is the career modules, every few weeks, a non-technical module will be up, where students would have to work towards finding a job, be it building a resume, crafting an elevator pitch, networking, doing mock interviews and so on, at the end of those modules, you can book a call with a career coach to discuss progress and get feedback.
Students also have access to TAs who are very helpful, responsive, and really good software engineers, the course also gives you access to many students in your cohort or otherwise in a slack group, I was personally involved in a study group that has impacted me a lot, knowing that others share your struggles and victories is important.
Conclusion: this is an amazing course, It's obvious that the good people of springboard have spent so many hours thinking and planning and I could not have been more satisfied with the overall experience, I highly recommend it.
- Data Science Career Track- 11/12/2020Arnaldo Alonso • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Springboard Data Science Career Track- 11/10/2020Hank Butler • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI did the Data Science Career Track with Springboard.
The weekly mentor calls are immense. My mentor has strong experience as a data scientist and he was able to answer every question I had along with providing great feedback for my projects.
The career coaching is fantastic. The amount of recruiters reaching out to me via LinkedIn since they helped me retool has been very noticeable. Additionally they also helped change up my resume.
The mock interviews were also incredibly helpful. Interviews were always something I had struggled with and their interview prep has definitely helped me in my current interviews.
I think their curriculum could be better. I had to supplement a lot of it with books, YouTube, and courses on LinkedIn Learning.
- Great value, great career coaching and mentors- 11/9/2020Reagan • Data Operations Lead • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI was laid off in March due to Covid, so I decided to hop into a bootcamp to prep me for my next career move. After reading the reviews and learning of Springboard's job placement guarantee, I enrolled, and let me tell you, it did not disappoint. In this course I learned how to better use excel and formulas to wrangle and analyze data, I learned data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI, and I also learned SQL and Python which are high demand languages. Springboard's mentor support and career coaching really helped guide me down a path that led me to my current role; one I landed while taking this course. If you are looking to pivot your career or just learn new skills to pad that resume, Springboard is your ticket. Best bang for your buck. They teach you the tools that are CURRENTLY being used in the data world, whereas many other bootcamps' teachings are a bit dated.
- Data Analytics Track- 11/8/2020Joseph Lee • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Gregor Kalfas • Product / User Experience Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI took (and completed) the UX Career Track at Springboard. It consists of a well-planned curriculum, designed to guide the students in creating projects for their portfolios. You end up with three different projects/case studies to include in your portfolio, which is great. I also liked how we were free to choose the topic/problem area for our own capstone projects, which is not an option in every bootcamp. I also appreciated having a dedicated mentor, with whom I checked in every week. Springboard also offers unlimited extra calls with one of their vast corps of mentors.
Interspersed with the curriculum are career/job-focused units, which help you prepare your resumé and LinkedIn, and gives you guidance in networking, informational interviewing, job interviewing and more, each with one-on-one meetings with a dedicated career coach.
I was truly impressed with the support of Springboard, and felt the entire staff, mentors, career coaches, were all dedicated to the student's success.
If I had to come up with a "con" it would be that a few units relied on outdated or irrelevant articles. That said, they have an excellent mode of receiving feedback from the students, so it was easy to let them know of areas of improvement.
- Justin Korf • Electronics Engineer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPros: 1:1 Mentorship; I can not stress enough how crucial this was to my success. My mentor reviewed each of my projects and gave constructive criticism that helped shape my capstone project.
The support you get from your student advisor, career coaches, and HR team where all very professional and really wanted to see you complete the coarse, and helped in any way possible.
Springboard encourages networking with meetups and conventions
The coursework was challenging and did a good job explaining what the goals were. After completion I feel much more comfortable doing projects on my own.
Even after the coarse is over they still support you throughout your job search, by reviewing offers, and helping prepare for interviews.
Cons: Sometimes you can be paired with a mentor that you do not vibe with. That is ok, we all learn differently and have different styles of receiving information. Just communicate with springboard.
Sometimes the coursework will seam out of date or will have a standard that is not practiced anymore within the industry. Your mentor will normally be first to point this out, so it's easily corrected.
Do not get frustrated with having to redo some coursework, trust the process.
- Sarah Ganihar • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI was looking to restart my career after a gap of few years. Although I had IT experience my inclination toward data analysis led me to pursue and study from one of the best online learning platforms Springboard. I did research about a few online learning platforms and Springboard suited my needs.
They have a well designed curriculum with all the latest tools and technologies used for data analysis. I was impressed with the unlimited mentor calls that they provide. Whenever I felt stuck it was so helpful to book a call with the mentor and clear my doubts. All the mentors are industry experts in their own industry with extensive experience.
Springboard also provides career coaching, resume creation, linkedIn profile updates so that you can begin your journey into this new career path.
I have completed my certification and feel confident that the skills I have learnt will help me to land a job and find my new career path.
Thank you Springboard for this exciting experience.
- UX Design Career Track- 10/9/2020Hunter Landry • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI decided to enroll in the UX Design Career Track because I knew it would help me transition into a field I'd enjoy. I'd hear other people say, "can that be self-taught?" or "isn't there a quicker way?". I knew from the start that UX is a craft and it'd be a huge investment, both financially and personally. Rather than trying to figure out what you need to learn, Springboard's curriculum gives you a clear understanding of the field and all that you can expect when performing the job of a UX Designer. Springboard did a fantastic job of providing learning resources, which ranged from articles, videos, Ted Talks, and hands-on activities that would allow you to grasp design concepts. It was an excellent starting point! This field is all about continuously learning and Springboard will show you what you need to be learning in order to improve your craft. Not only that, but your assigned mentor is a UX professional and they'll walk you through everything to make sure you're fully equipped to be a design professional. These mentors are the real deal!! Talking directly to industry professionals who want to get you to industry standard is incredibly valuable.
Although it took me a little longer than 6 months to complete the program, I've come out of the program feeling incredibly prepared to continue learning about the field and positioning myself for a job. I'll highlight the outcomes of this program: I have a portfolio, I was able to work with a real client, I've gained all the skills necessary for the job, I'm building a network of designers, and I'm about to start receiving full support as I job hunt. I had a phenomenal experience and I couldn't see myself pursuing design any other way!
- Life Changing- 10/7/2020Amanda • Full Stack Engineer • Student • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI started Springboard's SWE track in March with a degree in IT but no real hands on coding experience, outside of small terminal based things. I am just now about 60% through with the program and have already had several job offers, one of which I accepted. Before the program I made $40k as an application support specialist with no room for upward growth, and am now making $65k with ample opportunities for progression. This program has literally changed my life. I think Springboard's mentor inclusion and emphasis on testing and career development sets it miles above any other bootcamp.
- Excellent Course- 10/7/2020Yashika Shah • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn