Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.74
Recent Springboard News
- Inside Springboard’s New Software Engineering Career Track with Colt Steele
- 2019 End of Year Coding Bootcamp Podcast
- From Microbiology to Machine Learning with Springboard
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1099/month, $8,200 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,400 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1199/month, $5,400 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- UX Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
438 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Intermediate DataScience Python Review- 12/29/2019Ruchika Singh • Senior Director, Analytics • Course: Intermediate Data Science: Python • Campus: Online
This course will push you to learn the techniques you have been trying to learn. Its really reach and starts from basics of datamanipulation to inferential stats to machine learning. If you do this sincerely, you are sure to get medium expertise atleast in python for data science. My skills are definitely elevated.
- Data Science Career Track- 12/23/2019Jeffrey Ma • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
I had an amazing experience with the Data Science Career Track. The 1:1 weekly mentor calls really helped me stay on track with course materials as well as help with any questions I had with anything related to data science and applying for jobs. I received help with resume review, cover letters, job search, and interview questions, on top of Capstone Project help.
One slight negative I experienced was the career coaches. I would have preferred to have the same career coach throughout my Springboard experience, but the first coach I signed up with ended up getting transferred to a different career track. So I signed up for a second career coach, and she ended up getting transferred as well. The third career coach I signed up for ended up being my favorite of the three anyway, so things worked out.
Finally, I was on the deferred tuition plan with a job guarantee, which means I paid nothing until I landed a job. Which Springboard helped me with! In under a year, I was able to switch professions and land a role as a Data Analyst in a tech start up.
- UX design career track- 12/22/2019Gitana Kausylaite • Graduate • Campus: Online
If you want to get a professional portfolio, a job and prepared to work hard, then this course is for you! Curriculum is well structured, packed with wealth of information and the projects are very compatible with the Current industry requirements.
I was approached by agent and got the job while i was still doing the course! Best of luck!
- Data Science Career Track Review- 12/20/2019Devesh Gokalgandhi • Graduate • Campus: Online
The Data Science Career Track program at Springboard provides an in depth curriculum to gain conceptual and practical understanding of tackling data science problems. Each unit provides interactive and lecture based content that helps teach the necessary tools and topics for each step in a data science process. In addition, mentorship is provided as you will get to take lead of two capstone projects to use the skills from the curriculum, which is a huge plus for your portfolio. Career based resources are provided throughout the program, such as resume/cover letter building, networking, and interview prep which was a huge help in the job seeking process. Overall, the program will help students understand and confidently approach all sorts of data science problems and challenges, as well as, prepare you to get a data science or analyst position.
- Great Start- 12/19/2019Fabiana Da Silva • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
I was initially very nervous when I started the UX Career Track because it was so new, but the job guarantee and price made it very appealing comapred to other bootcamps. I jumped in and was incredibly surprised by the challenging coursework.
This course leads you through creating a capstone project of your choosing, which is great because I've heard of other bootcamps giving every student the same projects (doesn't make for very interesting portfolios). They even match students up with a real company to gain some industry experience working in UX.
Besides the great curriculum that helped me go from not fully understanding what UX is to feeling confident I can do well in a UX position, Springboard provided me with an outstanding mentor who will continue to be a helpful resource for me. They also continue to provide career support after you complete the program, so you're not just left to figure it out on your own. Overall, I think completing this Springboard course was the best thing I could have done to jumpstart my UX career and I can't wait to start my job search.
- The name says it all- 12/18/2019Logan • Data Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
I entered the Springboard program (DS career track) in early 2019 after struggling to get a decent job in data science after graduating from college in the spring of 2018, despite having a statistics degree from a reputable university. After graduating from Springboard, I found an extremely satisfying job within a month. The difference in my job hunt pre- and post-Springboard was pretty much that, while this program certainly didn't transform me into a 10X data scientist, I was exposed to so many aspects of the data science world that I not only built a solid foundation in data science but I was able to "speak the language" pretty well when I was interviewing afterword. You obviously could try and learn everything on your own, but the great thing about Springboard for me was the mentor they pair you with. Reading a textbook/website is one thing, but having someone help you develop an intuition for solving data-centric problems is something else. Completely.
I obviously can't speak for anyone else, but the mentor I was paired with, AJ Sanchez, was worth the price of admission alone. Throughout the many months I was in this program, there wasn't a single question he couldn't answer. Not only that, but he's extremely personable, he's a role model both as a person and a data scientist, and speaking with him was something I looked forward to every week. You'd think someone as smart as him would be intimidating or impatient, but that was not the case whatsoever.
My only issue with Springboard was that I frequently found myself needed to reference many materials and textbooks that weren't in the curriculm. However, I've also needed to do this in pretty much every other math-related class I've ever taken, so this 'issue' I guess isn't really an issue with Springboard at all because it just was not reasonable to expect them to somehow predict and curate the best curriculm for me before the fact. You obviously have to put the work in, and for me that meant doing a little extra digging on concepts that weren't immediately intuitive to me based on the provided materials.
Anyway, I hope this helps for whoever is reading. I assume you're also doing research on other data science academys/bootcamps, like I did, and while I can only talk about Springboard, I was not disappointed with my choice. Definitley wouldn't have taken the time to write this out if I didn't think it would help someone else.
- UX Design Career Track- 12/18/2019Kahley Blankenship • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
I had an amazing experience with springboard. I had a rocky stary because I didn't match well with my mentor and it was causing some issues. Springboard took care of everything in a really professional and compassionate manner. They rematched me with a mentor that was a much better fit and I loved my experience from then on! I really enjoyed everyone that I interacted with, from the advisors to the career coaches and the mentors! I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a bootcamp!
- Best mentorship experience ever!- 12/14/2019Shanni Liu • Graduate • Campus: Online
I joined the UX Design Career Track since March 2019 and it was definitely one of the best investments I've ever made.
The curriculum is well designed, both the UX skills and job searching materials. I took a few online courses before but I failed to finish them. This is the only one I've completed. The whole process was refreshing and engaging for me.
The best part of the program is mentorship. I had a one-on-one session with my mentor every week. He not only helped me review my projects but also be a very helpful reference when I was looking for a job.
Thank you Springboard!
- Good Overview- 12/11/2019Allison Hengst • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
This is my first online course in a long time so I don't have much to compare it to but overall I think the UX Design course (to be discontinued) was very comprehensive and structured. I thought overall it was affordable even though my employer paid for it. However, too bad that there will only be a much expensive career track available moving forward. I'm glad I was able to get into this general UX Design course as I am already in the industry. The certification will help me with future job movement and will kickstart online portfolio creation. I'm glad that the course wasn't too heavy on UI as I am not a graphic designer. I like the progress bar so I could see movement. I procrastinated in the beginning. If I were to do it again I'd get started right away. I don't think I took it as seriously as I should have in the first month.
- business analytic- 11/27/2019Rikki Groeger-Gracia • Consumer Insights Consultant • Student • Course: Business Analytics • Campus: Online
Springboard made learning interesting and manageable with their program strategy of online learning with an appointed mentor. I needed to advance my analytics technical skills fairly quickly and have it fit into a very busy schedule of full time job and family. I was able to learn on my own time and begin the capstone projects, picking my own dedicated times. What made it a fantastic experience is the Mentor program that is part of Springboards curriculum. I was able to schedule time with my mentor based on my availability and he was flexible when work meetings or home crisis arose. The weekly hours dedicated to me kept me on track. The Community meeting options that lets you share your hurdles with others taking the course was also helpful getting me through the more difficult case studies. I received my certification and have gained tremendous confidence in the skills I've learned. Thanks Springboard.
- Digital Marketing Career Track- 11/23/2019Alessandra Bellorio • Digital Marketing Specialist • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online
- My take-away from Springboard Data Science Bootcamp- 11/21/2019Oindrila Sen • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
Let me categorize my experience with Springboard in 2 ways:
1. What I liked about this course
2. What I didn't like
1. Covers a lot of areas in Data Analysis, Visualization Techniques and Machine Learning
2. Mentor Support
3. Introduces some really cool soft skills like networking, writing cold emails, etc. which I personally really appreciate
4. Opportunity to work on 2 Capstone Projects to use the concepts learned in the curriculum and some mini exercises to practice
Did Not like:
1. The time provided for each section of the curriculum is not very realistic
2. Students may lose interest and get bored after some time
3. Career coaches are helpful if you can get hold of them. But it was challenging to book a time. I think they need to hire more career coaches.
Overall, I would say, I had a good experience with Springboard.
- Business Analytics- 11/21/2019Eddy Martinez • Graduate • Course: Business Analytics • Campus: Online
This course was a good and quick in-depth overview of data tools and use cases that you would use in real life as a Business Analyst.
I loved the class for a couple of reasons, one was I had an incredible mentor and two were the resources they give you and portfolio you make from the course.
- Springboard Data Science Career Track- 11/20/2019Prashant Sanghal • Supply Chain | Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
Great program to learn data science by applying what you learn, and building your own portfolio. You will work along with industry experts, who will guide you through the entire process end-to-end. There will be times when you will feel lost, struggling with the unknowns. I think that is the beauty of the program which prepares you to solve the real world problems as well as deal with ambiguity.
- UX Career Track- 11/20/2019Elizabeth Johnson • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
This was one of the best experiences I have ever had. I loved everything about it. I loved the mentor process. I loved meeting with them and talking to her once a week. I enjoyed the unlimited mentor calls. I love the way the thing is set up and how you can go at your own pace.
- Springboard Alum- 11/6/2019Angelica Mariveles • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
Springboard made the UX Design course a step by step process which allowed me to learn the course easily. At first I was nervous about how the course might be set up and how I will absorb all of this information, but Springboard structured it in a very easy to learn way and explains each part very thoroughly so that you are confident in understanding what to do for each project.
- Great ux design class!- 11/4/2019Laura terrones • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
- Dependable, Flexible, Helpful- 11/1/2019ADITYA THUSE • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online
- UX DESIGNER- 10/31/2019CHRISTIEA • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
HI I JUST FINISHED THE UX DESIGN COURSE AT SPRINGBOARD. I WAS A PSYCHOLOGY MAJOR AND JUST ENTERING THE UX FIELD. THE COURSE HAS A REQUIRED CAPSTONE PROJECT WHICH MAKES IT A GREAT HANDS ON EXPERIENCE AND AN INTRO IN THE UX FIELD. WEEKLY MENTOR CALLS WERE HELPFUL AS WELL.
- Springboard's UX Design Career Track- 10/30/2019Suzanne To • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
The program is much longer than the 350+ hours advertised. As a full time student, I was hoping to finish in 3-4 months, but ended up finishing around 5 months (not accounting for the pause/break I took in-between). If you're a part time student with a full time job, you most likely will be looking at more than 6 months depending on your pace. You'll also be paired with a mentor and it's a coin toss on whether or not you'll get a good one.
With that being said, the program is flexible and the Springboard staff is dedicated to helping you work through your schedule. If you end up with a mentor who isn't helpful, make the effort to communicate issues and give it a fair chance. If the issues continue, talk to your student advisor and he/she will pair you up with a different mentor. I've personally experienced this and was later paired with an incredible mentor. My student advisor was also incredibly compassionate, kind, and helpful during my Springboard journey. I would say, in general, the whole staff from operations, mentorship, and career services were amazing.
I was debating between this program and others, but I am grateful that I chose Springboard. The way I see it, there will be difficulties and hardships in any program. What's really important are the people behind the program and whether or not they'll support you throughout your journey. I feel like my concerns were always properly addressed and that the Springboard staff were genuinely invested in helping me succeed.
I just finished the program and received my certificate of completion today. Yay! If you're interested in trying out the program, here's a referral link for $500 off your first course. https://www.springboard.com/invite/0RQ65
Good luck with whatever you decide! You got this. :)
- Great course!- 10/24/2019Shubham Tiwari • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
Springboard is a great bootcamp with amazing mentors and ongoing career support. It consistently builds technical and professional competencies to be able to transition smoothly into a data science career. The job guarantee is a great incentive for studying hard and completing the course! Springboard has an active community that encourages students to attend conferences and local meetups. Personally it helped me to effectively transition into a data science role, coming from a chemical engineering background.
- Overall very positive experience- 10/22/2019Audrey Meng • Graduate • Course: Introduction to Data Science • Campus: Online
- Curriculum is very well curated and comprehensive; having the mini projects and Capstone project helps flex the coding muscles and build a solid foundation
- Mentor is extremely supportive and helpful, and provides many useful tips from real world practice
- Staff is understanding and always respond in a timely manner
- Useful UX course.- 10/14/2019Dena Kline • Creative Director • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
- Data Scientist Career Track- 10/9/2019Daniela Esparza • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
- Independent of your background, you can finish this program, on your way and with all the mentoring support that you need. The program encourages you to be creative to face challenging capstone projects.
- Opportunity to work in topics where you really feel passion, using the newly learned skills.
- Excellent professional coaching and final interviews to prepare yourself for the next steps and to build networking.
- The program might include more content and mini-projects related to PySpark and a sense of programming at scale.
- Some tutorials on the curriculum are little longs. They could be shorter (including just the essential content). The curriculum has a couple of own videos -introducing the chapters and coaching advice-. Maybe they could work in their own technical videos.
- Some people could need a little more support about datasets and available tools for capstone projects. Maybe in the first chapter, the curriculum could include links to datasets and examples of projects to guide them.
- A neat intro to the UXUI world- 10/9/2019Ali • Student • Student • Campus: Online
Springboard UX design is a thothought and comprehensive online course for those who are interested in UXUI but had zero experience. It had prepared me from the start by introducing basic concept to hands-on experience by creating a capstone project. A plus of the course would be the once-a-week mentor call that really keeped me on track and answered all the questions.