Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through weekly video calls.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Springboard’s tuition-back guarantee allows students a six-month runway to land a job.
Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- What is React JS Used For?
- June 2021 Coding Bootcamp News
- 5 Artificial Intelligence Jobs You Can Land After Bootcamp
- CompTIA Security+, Ethical Hacking, Network Security, Penetration Testing
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $11,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineSpringboard is a leading digital skills bootcamp that has empowered thousands of students to get their dream job. The Cyber Security Career Track we offer is the first online bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You’ll complete 30+ labs and 35+ mini-projects while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep"
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $2,390/month, $11,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $7,000 upfront or $1,400 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1690/month, $8500 upfront, loan financing, and deferred tuition plans available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1690/month or $8,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis course is designed to help students decide if a career in data analytics is right for them. It will also help them decide if Springboard is the right educator for them. The course will introduce students to data analytics fundamentals, including structured thinking processes, Excel foundations, and how to present data-driven insights.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $10,000 upfront $1880/month Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $9,900 Month-to-month: $1,290/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $11,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $11,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $7,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test No Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $750 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- UX Career Track (Online)
1006 reviews sorted by:
- Data Science- 3/31/2021Suvam Patel • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInTo sum it all up, this is a great program to enter/transition into the Data Science field. You will get all the necessary tools to succeed in completing the program as well as finding a job. You get an industry expert as your mentor and have weekly meeting with him. You have a career coach to look over your resume, linkedin profile, and motivate you. And last but not least you have amazing counselors who look out for you and make sure you are on track to finishing the course.
- Amazing mentors !- 3/31/2021Laura Cruz • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInAlthough I was a little hesitant at the beginning because I wanted to take a course with a renowned University, Springboard gave me the flexibility of working at any time, which I needed, cause I could not commit to night time classes. They also had both Tableau and Power BI in their curriculum which usually for other programs is just one of them, and the thing that I liked the most was the 1 on 1 mentor training, besides unlimited mentoring from very smart people who actually work in the industry. The course is very organized, it has great content, projects give you a lot of knowledge, and I feel from the point I started, until now, I've learnt so much and I will be able to put all that knowledge into practice. And you also get the job career help from very knowledgeable people who really care about your job search and want you to obtain the best job. I definitely recommend Springboard for anyone looking to learn the Data Analytics Track!
- Data Analytics career track- 3/27/2021Vanessa Tang • - • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInStarted the course on July 2019 and just completed the course today. Great course, I especially appreciated the support by mentor and career coaches. There were times when I could not see the end of the course but with their encouragement and positivity I made it. I feel that I am more confident tackling the technical skillsets necessary for my future job in this area and it has also made me a more creative and flexible person.
- UX Career Track- 3/26/2021Pooja • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI really enjoyed my experience at Springboard - they really give you the tools to succeed, especially when shifting career paths. I thought the weekly mentors calls, open communication with my student advisor, and career coaching really empowered the students to reach their goals.
- Worth the Money- 3/19/2021Taylor • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard was a great program for me. I did the UX/UI Career Track Course. Before this I had absolutely no UX experience and very little design experience. Throughout the course I learned everything I needed to become a UX designer and I feel confident in my skills now. The curriculum is very thorough and all of the projects I worked on allowed me to demonstrate my skills in each step of the UX design process. I would highly recommend this course for anyone making a career change or wanting to learn about UX.
- Awesome experience- 3/17/2021Pedro Perez • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPros: Superbly crafted course materials, amazing mentor program, constant support, great flexibility with the completion timeline, extremely relevant projects that translate into a portfolio well
Cons: Very focused on web development, no deep foray into lower level programming
- Recommended for transitioning careers- 3/13/2021Dat Nguyen • Graduate • Course: Data Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI'm on my transitioning career from academic researcher to data engineer that needs to fill the gap with hands-on experience and practice skills. I found Data Engineering Career Track at Springboard is the best fit. The program has shown me what I missed and where I should go. If you are a self-learner, keen on working with data, and are looking for new opportunities in changing your career then the Data Engineering Career track is highly recommended.
- Great Curriculum and Support- 3/11/2021Tristan Trosvig • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI was genuinely pleased with my online experience in Springboard's Software Engineering Career Track. Even though people are potentially working in different time zones, the support is quick and reliable. The curriculum is of high quality and taught by an inspiring instructor who makes difficult concepts easy to understand. The only issue I ran into was communication within project guidelines and "commonly asked questions." By the time I emailed my student advisor to verify my understanding, a month and a half had passed. In other words, if you have questions, ask immediately. I would highly recommend this curriculum to anybody looking for a high quality software engineering bootcamp.
- Khalil Aleed • AML Analyst • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe customer services are awesome. My student advisor was amazing. He supported me all the way. They offer unlimited mentor calls which is a golden treasure, those mentors will help you and explain anything not clear. The curriculum covered a variety of important topics and skills. My only cons are the curriculum can be a bit deeper. Their course is good but they teach the essential skills so you can't expect to be an expert in Python for example after the course but you will be familiar with the environment and you will have enough skills to survive
- UX Career Track- 3/5/2021Mike Zaengle • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInOverall, I had a terrific experience and would highly recommend Springboard to others looking at UX programs!The job guarantee, the price, and the 1o1 Mentorship were what led me to choose Springboard.Pros- Job Guarantee- Real world projects and a 1 month internship with a company- The price is definitely more affordable than other bootcamps I looked at- The mentorship was great! I learned a lot and all of the mentors are UX professionals themselves so they are full of wonderful insight into the process and professionCons- Easy to get a bit off track with their timeline especially when you get to the design portions. Prepare to spend more time on certain project assignments to really make it stand out. Their recommended number of hours to complete units is based on what an average student would spend (roughly C+/B- work in my opinion)- Since your mentor will most likely be a working professional, they aren't always as responsive with replying to emails and also they most likely have up to 4 other mentees. So being able to self-direct and make design decisions is important. Plus, if you want to finish the course earlier than your track, your mentor might not be able to go over all of your assignments in the weekly 30 min call. Just something to think about.
- Sara Jelenffy • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn5 Stars! Perfectly currated (you learn two visualization tools/ two programming languages + economics, statistics, finances, job search strategies, all aided by mentors and career coaches). I don't come from a tech background but this program was a timely and affordable way for me to make that move. Highly recommend!