northwestern-boot-camps-logo

Northwestern Boot Camps

Chicago, Chicago

Northwestern Boot Camps

Northwestern Boot Camps offer 12-week, full-time, or 24-week, part-time web development courses, and 24-week, part-time data science, cybersecurity, UX/UI, and financial technology (FinTech) courses. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, JavaScript charting, HTML/CSS, API interactions, SQL, Tableau, fundamental statistics, machine learning, and more. Enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The fintech curriculum covers Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, blockchain, and more.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll in the boot camps, but once admitted, all students will complete a pre-course tutorial. Northwestern Boot Camps are designed for professionals and students who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or are looking to gain a new skill set.

Students will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. Upon program completion, students will receive a Certificate of Completion from Northwestern School of Professional Studies and will have a portfolio of projects or learn skills applicable to certifications demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data science, cybersecurity, UX/UI, or financial technology.

Northwestern Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent Northwestern Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 4.24

all (76) reviews for Northwestern Boot Camps →

Recent Northwestern Boot Camps News

Read all (3) articles about Northwestern Boot Camps →
  • Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationChicago
    Northwestern Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
  • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationChicago
    This boot camp is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python and R programming, JavaScript charting, SQL databases, Tableau, machine learning, and more. Throughout the boot camp, you will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more — allowing you to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
  • Financial Technology - Part-Time

Algorithms, Blockchain, Excel, Machine Learning, Python
    LocationChicago
    Get hands-on training and instruction in financial technology and analysis using popular tools and methods including Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain. Maintain your current schedule by studying the competitive curriculum part-time, and gain access to career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching.
    Payment plans available
  • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time

jQuery, MongoDB, Node.js, CSS, HTML, Git, JavaScript, MySQL, React.js
    LocationChicago
    Northwestern Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time

HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node.js, MongoDB, MySQL, jQuery, Git, React.js
    LocationChicago
    Northwestern Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
  • UX/UI - Part-Time

CSS, Design, HTML, JavaScript, jQuery, User Experience Design
    LocationChicago
    Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, and apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.
    Payment plans available

• $500 Northwestern Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Northwestern Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time (Chicago)
    • Financial Technology - Part-Time (Chicago)
  • Sarah  User Photo
    Sarah • software engineeer Verified via GitHub

I took the part time, 24-week fullstack web development boot camp. The course was a very informative overview for someone like me coming into it with no prior coding experience. It was definitely a challenge, but they emphasized the time and effort it would require when I applied so I was expecting that. I got what I had hoped to get out of the program, which was a software development job immediately following my completion of the bootcamp. My complaint would be that I wish even more time was spent on React. Forget the two days of python and just spend more time on React. The more learning and practice you can do on your own outside of the program, the better off you will be.

Thursday, May 23 2019
    Way to go, Sarah! We're happy to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full-stack web development. We understand you would have wanted to spend more time covering React, and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts as our curriculum is constantly being updated to be in line with market demands. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for sharing your boot camp experience! We wish you success in all your future achievements.
  • Syeda Ahmed  User Photo
    Syeda Ahmed • Applicant Verified via GitHub

I graduated in computer science in 2004 but didn’t really work in the field. Now I wanted to pursue my career again and needed a fresh start. Northwestern boot camp turned out to be a great opportunity for me. The curriculum was very challenging but very up-to-date. You will get exposure to as many new technologies as possible.  I attended it part-time but still, it went so fast. They have all the help available, if you are willing to put your time and efforts, it is well worth it. The TA’s are helpful as well and they also provide one-on-one tutoring. They also provide video walk-through for most of the assignments which were very helpful for me. Each assignment was very well explained in great details. The instructors were very dedicated and experienced.

The career service is a great help as well and they offer different opportunities to showcase your projects. The team is very friendly and extremely supportive. You can sense they want you to succeed. Because of this boot camp, I am in the market again. Though I still feel I need to learn a lot, I feel more confident as the projects were very close to real-world experience. Most of all now I know WHAT I need to learn.

If you have a gap in your work and want to update yourself, it is a great option.  It is challenging and fast-paced but totally worth it. Overall I had a wonderful experience.

Thursday, May 23 2019
    Thank you for choosing our program to reignite your career, Syeda! It's great to hear you benefited from the curriculum and found our entire team to be helpful. We applaud all your dedication and are thrilled you feel confident in your newfound skills. Congratulations on graduating, we truly appreciate your review! Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Arnab  User Photo
    Arnab • Student Verified via LinkedIn

When I decided to enhance my skills to enter the tech industry, I was looking everywhere. After researching several different boot camps, I decided on Northwestern Coding Bootcamp for all the right reasons, a Northwestern University diploma backed with Trilogy's experience in this particular field. But, was it meant for me?

Like anyone from a non-technical background, I had my own apprehensions. Is coding right for me? Will I understand anything? What if I am just too dumb to do this? These all were valid questions and now I can answer these questions for you.

I enjoyed every single class because they are well structured and follows proper taxonomy. We start from scratch and build into complete exercises. This has helped me to understand the fundamentals of various topics clearly that I had no competency in before. My instructor is Ron Bailey, and I cannot tell you how good of a teacher he is. He understands different students' needs and guides us in our individual styles, he is engaging and is really funny! He shares his experiences from the industry and that is an eye-opener for many of us.

Each class has two TA's who are not only available during the class but also during office hours and sometimes even online via Slack. They are also a great emotional support. Yes! emotions are important because the Bootcamp will test you time to time. We also have excellent guest speakers and lecturers all the time.

We also get 1-1 tutoring every week and it has helped me ace many of the concepts that I couldn't cover in class sometimes. Although optional, I recommend everyone to take full advantage of this particular service.

Career services are optional as well but are helpful. It is easy to let it go but if you will follow and work with your career success manager you will not be overwhelmed with all the "small" things that matter; it is easy to overlook things on Github, portfolio, LinkedIn, interview, etc, etc. But, career services can assist one to be on top of their job search while coding all the time!

Monday, Oct 15 2018
    Amazing, Arnab! We are thrilled you had such a great student experience, learning the fundamentals of full-stack web development, and enjoyed every single class. It's great to hear you truly utilized all the boot camp's resources and were supported by our entire team. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the success as you move forward!
  • Brian Connell  User Photo
    Brian Connell • Senior Engineering Manager • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just graduated from the part-time Data Science bootcamp at Northwestern in October, 2018.  Simply put, the experience greatly exceeded my expectations.  The program administration was very organized and approachable.  There were multiple requests for open feedback indicating an intent for continuous improvement.  The instructional staff and TA’s were very knowledgable and experienced.  The curriculum and content was well organized and ideal for rapid learning.  I have dabbled in javascript for several years as a hobby.  I think the bootcamp is an excellent format to rapidily learn a wide range of new technologies in a short period of time.  It is not something you can easily pick up by reading textbooks on your own.  Instead, you are thrown into new topics over a span of 3-4 classes, with rapid assignments during class.  The homework for each topic is significant, requiring several hours to complete.  While there were times when I was extremely challenged by the content, I always had excellent support from the TA’s and instructional staff.  I was exposed to many, many technologies that I was simply unaware of, like maps using Leaflet.js, Social Media Mining, SQL and API Interactions.  The small interactive class size also created a sense of community which made the journey more fun.  The time flew by.  Like all pursuits, the greater effort, the greater the reward.

Tuesday, Oct 09 2018
    Thank you so much for your review, Brian! We are thrilled to hear your student experience exceeded your expectations. It's great that you felt fully supported by our entire team and enjoyed the curriculum and overall program structure. We have to agree that the greater your effort, the greater your reward will be. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the success in your future endeavors!
  • Alvin Rodis  User Photo
    Alvin Rodis • Senior Systems Analyst • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I have completed the Full Stack Web Development Coding Bootcamp at Northwestern University.  The support I received from Trilogy staff was simply put - awesome.  The program was challenging and I certainly had my ups and downs.  Throughout the duration, I definitely felt encouraged and cared for by the Trilogy staff.
    • My instructor took the time out on the side to check in with me and provide encouragement throughout the program
    • I absolutely leveraged the help of the TAs during office hours.  In turn, they had my back and provided needed help and encouragement along the way
    • My Tutor was awesome and I got so much out of our weekly calls - I had the forum to talk through what I was learning relative to completion of the homework
    • My Student Success Manager was always there when I needed him to answer questions and provide guidance through the program.
    In the end, it was a fantastic experience and I'm glad that I had this team around me.
    Friday, May 18 2018
    Amazing, Alvin! We’re happy to hear you had such a positive experience learning valuable coding skills through our program. As you mentioned, this course is challenging, so we commend your dedication and hard work. Our team members are passionate about teaching, committed to guiding and encouraging students through complex problems. We are thrilled to hear their dedication and efforts were such valuable resources during your journey. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you so much for your feedback! We wish you continued success in all your future endeavors.
  • Krista   User Photo
    Krista • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I recently graduated from the Northwestern January 2018 cohort. I was extremely impressed with both Northwestern and Trilogy faculties. The teams did a great job recruiting the instructional staff as well as course applicants. My cohort and instructional staff were amazing. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people to go through such a challenging program with.  I always felt there was more than enough support during the stressful program.  The career staff is also very helpful and willing to help you after the course is over with one on ones. I am still in the process of polishing projects and applying to jobs but with the support of everyone at Northwestern, Trilogy and in my cohort, this process should be as smooth and seamless as possible.

Also, I started out with very little programming experience (self taught Java for about 7 months) and a background in event management. I feel I learned so much in the past couple months that now I will be able to find a job with these skills and even teach myself new languages from the way these languages were taught to us.

I would recommend this course to anyone wanting to make a career change into the technology industry or anyone wanting to refine and learn even more about the MERN stack.

Huge thanks to everyone involved in the Northwestern University Downtown Cohort and Trilogy staff!!

Thursday, May 10 2018
    Amazing, Krista! We’re thrilled our instructors, TAs, and career services team provided you with the best resources and knowledge base to advance your previous programming skills. We also think they're pretty amazing! It’s our goal to provide a comprehensive educational experience with the key principles needed to dive into other programming languages (even after the program ends), so it's great to know this truly resonated with you.

As you noted, this course is challenging and we commend you for all of the long hours and hard work you put in! Thank you for recommending our boot camp to others, it’s feedback like yours that makes us proud of what we do to make our program a rewarding experience for every single student. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!
  • Lauren Cantlin  User Photo
    Lauren Cantlin • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I recently graduated from the full-time Full-Stack Web Development bootcamp at Northwestern this past April, and would highly recommend this program to anyone considering a coding boot camp. On first signing up, I was nervous about the lack of information and reviews I was able to find online. However, this was just due to the newness of the program, and I'm glad I didn't let it deter me.

The curriculum and especially the instructional staff were 5-star. CJ was a terrific instructor and very approachable, and so were all the TA's (Leah, Esdras, and Sabah). The teaching team truly exceeded my expectations, and I think my cohort was especially lucky in this regard. There was a good balance between project time, lectures, and class activities.  I always felt like I was learning a lot and was never left feeling bored or stagnant. I do agree with some of the other reviewers about the importance of commiting 25-35 hours outside of class to work on code, but also want to note that this is actually easier to accomplish than it sounds. I always wanted to spend more time out of class on the code we were learning - it didn't feel like work I had to make myself do most of the time.

I also want to mention that the main language taught in this program is definitely Javascript, which wasn't clear to me when signing up (I knew it was going to be taught, but Python was also advertised as being taught. We spent the majority of the course learning javascript and a couple days optionally learning Python). A few other things that the course stressed were learning how to use Git and Github while collaborating on projects, and Agile methods for developing a new product.

Another thing that was great to see was how diverse the cohort was - I was expecting to be one of the only women in the class, and this wasn't at all the case. Students came from all different backgrounds (from CS degrees to no coding experience at all, and everything in between), but everyone was awesome and it was a very inclusive environment overall.

Attending this boot camp was a blast and I learned more than I could have imagined in a span of 3 months. I was definitely sad when it was over, but I left feeling confident that I now have a marketable skillset with which to enter the job market as a new developer.

Wednesday, May 02 2018
    Thank you, Lauren! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and had such a positive experience with this program. It makes us proud to know our instructors and TA's provided you excellent guidance and support throughout your journey - we couldn't agree more that the whole team is pretty terrific! Like you noted, this course does require students to devote a significant amount of time outside of class to study, complete projects, and truly master the topics. It's great to hear you were so enthusiastic about your studies and enjoyed your time coding.

We do understand you would have liked to dive deeper into Python and appreciate your feedback. As we cover many technologies in a short amount of time, students are often given a high level understanding of certain topics, upon which they can continue to build on outside of class. We pride ourselves on teaching students how to learn, allowing them to easily learn other languages after the program ends.

We love hearing that you enjoyed collaborating with your classmates, as we intentionally foster a sense of community that encourages our students to network and form lasting connections. You put in the hard work and commitment to make the most out of the boot camp, and we applaud you as you step out into the job market as a developer.

We hope you're proud of all you accomplished, and we wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors!
  • Faizan Salman  User Photo
    Faizan Salman • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

When I first signed up for the Northwestern Coding Bootcamp I did not really know what to expect. I was really nervous but that all died down after a week or so. The intructor and TAs were all really helpful and were very patient teaching us and all my classmates where all very friendly. Although it was not as much work as I expected you still needed to keep up everyday in order to fully comprehend what you were learning. It was more about what else you can do with your project or if you can learn a new method on your own time. Each project was different then the next and the level of difficulty grew pretty rapidly. If you kept with your work and tried to challenge yourself throughout the course I believe this course can be very beneficial. Although, their Career services are a bit slow and it is hard to keep up with all the homework and the projects along side with it. Overall, I enjoyed my time with the class and the course. not only leanred a lot but learned how to use my skills with a group/dev enviornment.

Monday, Apr 30 2018
    We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our team, Faizan! We love hearing that you found the instructors and TAs knowledgeable and helpful throughout the course, as we strive to create an environment that promotes dynamic learning with skilled instructors.

You make a great point about the course - it does require a heavy time commitment for success so that one can truly immerse themselves in the topics and assignments covered each week, in addition to the career services curriculum. It's our goal to foster a real sense of collaboration and community, so it's great to know you had such a positive experience with your classmates! We look forward to continuing to work with you 1:1 post-graduation and helping you feel best prepared for the job search, and we thank you for your feedback on our career services.

You put in the hard work and time to make the most of the program, and we applaud you as you continue to move forward in the web development world. We believe in all of our students and wish you the utmost success!
  • Jim Pratt  User Photo
    Jim Pratt • Graduate Verified via GitHub

When I was looking for a full-time coding boot camp to join and saw that northwestern offered one for web development, I was pretty sure that was the route that I wanted to go, but of course I had my doubts. The program seemed pretty new, and the reviews, while generally positive, were sparse. The recruiter I spoke to on the phone alleviated my concerns and I went ahead with it.

Fortunately, it exceeded my expectations in almost every way. First off, let me say that my instructors were absolutely fantastic. Shout outs to CJ, Leah, Sabah, and Esdras for making the experience educational, engaging, challenging, and, somehow, fun. If you put in the time and effort to understand the concepts, they would always be willing to help you out and make sure you were not quagmired in some simple issue and were able to move forward.

The content was very relevant. I feel that the coursework was changing as we went, which, in my mind, is a very good thing. There was a constant desire to make sure that the content being taught was as valuable as possible to the students, and that we would be released into the world with some very useful tools in our belts, and not with technology that may be falling out of favor.

In addition to the technologies and coursework taught, relevant career skills were engrained in us. From day one or two, we were taught how to use GitHub to commit changes and collaborate with others. Group projects forced us to work as a team and practice agile methodologies while managing common industry issues on a smaller scale, like writing thorough requirements and managing scope creep.

The one area that felt inconsistent was the career services aspect. To be fair, I believe that our cohort was caught in the middle of an employee transition, but the initial offerings were a bit glitchy and were missing the polish that the rest of the program offered. I am still working with the career team, and things have significantly improved since. The recruiter also mentioned that big-name companies frequently stop in to view group projects, and I never saw any of that, so that felt a bit misleading. Regardless, any rough patches here do not affect my overall opinion of the program.

To echo what some others have said, this program gives you what you are willing to put into it. They estimate that you need 40 hours of outside-class time per week to really do well in this class, and that felt pretty accurate for the time I needed to set aside to get things done. So, you might have to clear your social calendar for 3 months, but, If you work hard, and have cool projects to show when you graduate, your portfolio will speak for itself when it comes time to job hunt. If you are like me, and thrive when given educated direction, deadlines, insightful reasoning for the "why" behind things, and the power to make cool stuff that you can share with the world, then I highly recommend this program to you.

Friday, Apr 27 2018
    We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, Jim! We love reading feedback like yours, knowing this program has made such a positive impact. As you mentioned, this course is fast-paced and challenging. We commend you for all of the hard work and additional hours you put in; it can be taxing to learn so many new concepts and skills in only 12 weeks. We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed our curriculum, course structure, and collaborating with other classmates. It makes us incredibly proud to hear that our team as a whole, provided you with the guidance and support you needed to be successful - not only for the short-term but for your long-term web development aspirations.

We are always working to ensure our students have the best career services experience possible and are able to connect with the staff on a personal level. We appreciate your feedback on this aspect of the program, as that helps us to improve. Like you noted, our student support does not end upon graduation. We know job seeking is hard, and we are happy to hear our team is continuing to assist you during this time. We hope you continue having fun creating and coding amazing projects for the world. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for choosing our boot camp!
  • Susan Lippa  User Photo
    Susan Lippa • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

As an April 2018 graduate of Northwestern’s Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp, I can happily say that the 12-week, full-time course was one of my most challenging yet rewarding educational experiences.

The course-work is definitely presented in “bootcamp” style: There is a vast amount of  challenging material covered in a very short period of time. For someone with no prior coding experience, the pre-work was essential in preparing me for those first few days of class, enabling me to build the confidence necessary to grind through the majority of the course-work.

The knowledge and dedication of the instructional staff was exceptional. The Instructor and the TA’s all had extensive subject-matter experience and were able to clearly demonstrate the various technologies. They were available before and after class to assist in answering questions and, most importantly, help us learn how to find the answers for ourselves.  During the more difficult material, they provided weekend reviews when requested.

Success in this course required devoting considerable time outside of class to understanding the material. The workload easily demanded 20+ additional hours per week. Some of that time was devoted to homework or project assignments, but a good bit involved independent research and review.

Finally, there is a career services component to the program. During the course, the interaction with career services seemed formulaic and one-size fits all. As an older “non-traditional” student, I was hoping for individualized advice specific to my situation. Now that the program is complete and I am working one-on-one with a career services counselor, I am expecting that to change.

All in, I found this course to be worth the expense and would recommend it to anyone looking to gain an understanding of full-stack web development to either alter or enhance their career path. Even as an individual with no prior coding experience, I feel that I am suitably prepared to pursue a career in the web development field.

Friday, Apr 27 2018
    Congratulations on completing the program, Susan! We recognize the importance of quality instruction and guidance, and as such we select instructors and TA's that are passionate about enabling student success. It’s excellent to hear that our team went above and beyond to provide you the support you needed. You are completely correct in that this is a challenging course; one in which individuals should expect to commit additional time to outside of class in order to successfully master the concepts and assignments. As you noted, preparing for the program with outside research can definitely shorten the learning curve. Thank you for sharing this useful insight with future students.

Our student experience does not end upon graduation, so we look forward to continuing to help you during your job search as you work 1:1 with your career director. We applaud all of the hard work you put into learning these valuable skills throughout your 12-week journey with us, and we wish you the very best of luck as you move forward in your career!
  • Matthew Womack  User Photo
    Matthew Womack • Graduate Verified via GitHub

A few months ago (Jan 2018), I enrolled in the Northwestern's Coding Bootcamp and went for the full-time program. I have a technology background, and I had a goal of updating my skills toolkit to reflect the prevalent skill set that is in wide use today. I prefer learning in a structured environment, and this program appeared to be a good fit.

I'm coming from a background in legacy systems, and enterprise system development.  I felt this was helpful for me to pick up concepts fast, but I'd like to also note that within the cohort, other students who were less exposed to technology than myself, done very well and had some awesome projects and HW assignments. If you don't have a technology background, that should not deter you.  What will get you through this course is a passion for learning new things, and a bit of grit and self-determination!

The shining star for me was the teaching staff - the instructor (CJ), and the TAs (Leah, Estras, and Sabah) were outstanding!  They worked hard to teach us to tools, languages and development concepts in lecture.  I was highly engaged every day, through interactive lectures, homework, and projects.

The pace was fast throughout the 12 weeks - but the instructor and TAs checked in regularly with us, and tutor services were available to those who needed additional support.

The career services support was helpful as well.  It was good to have some insight into what employers are looking for, and interview strategies to help us be as successful as possible, to land that first job out of the boot camp.

Final thought - You get out of it, what you put into it. It's a demanding course, but worth it!

For anyone who is interested in transitioning to a web development career, I would recommend this course.  It also helps that this is one of the less expensive boot camp courses out there, compared to others from what I've seen.

Thursday, Apr 26 2018
    Thanks so much for your feedback, Matthew! You have provided some excellent insight and advice for future students here, and you are completely right; in this program, you only get out what you put in. The pace is fast, and it takes hard work and long hours, so we congratulate you on your efforts and accomplishments in expanding your existing programming skills.

We could not agree more that CJ, Leah, Estras, Sabah, and the whole team are all pretty amazing! Our instructors have a real passion for teaching and it shows. We're happy to hear that you had such a positive experience with our career services and student success teams, as our staff is truly dedicated to providing students with the instruction and help they need to navigate today's complex job market. We wish you success going forward and know that you’ll continue to do great things with your new set of skills!
  • Jordan  User Photo
    Jordan • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I throughly enjoyed the Northwestern University Full-Stack Web Development Bootcamp, I attended the full-time session in the winter of 2018. I found the material to be relevant and the pass to be at a good clip. The instructional staff was amazing. I've been out of the program for just under a month now, I'm still waiting for career services to really kick-in. I'm what you'd call an "untraditional candidate" and I feel that some of the career advice during the program was a little too templated, so I'm looking forward to the one-on-one sessions provided post-graduation for the full-time cohort.

I decided to take the bootcamp because I'm also working on getting my master's in computer science from DePaul; however, that program does not really teach programming skills, more fundamental and advanced concepts, but unfortunately, a lot of the assignments with that program involve coding and this bootcamp was a nice compliment to that.

I definitely would reccomend this program to first time programmers, or those looking to further thier skills and become a full-stack developer. I think the time and money for this program are well spent given the level of academic rigor and instruction that is provided. Finally, I'd say that this program definitely attracks some of the nicest people to its program, our entire cohort still meet up and have been supporting each other throughout the post-grad job hunt. And less than a month out I already have interviews and one freelance gig lined up.

Thursday, Apr 26 2018
    Way to go, Jordan! We’re thankful you took the time to write this personal review. We pride ourselves on our proven curriculum, so we’re glad to hear you had such a positive journey as you worked to expand your existing programming knowledge base. We’re all about empowering our students and fostering a real sense of community, so it’s amazing to hear you’ve not only advanced your skills but created lasting relationships with your classmates.

Like you noted, your student experience does not end upon graduation. We appreciate your feedback on the career services you've received to date, and we look forward to continuing to work with you 1:1 post-graduation and helping you feel best prepared for the job search. You’ve definitely put in the hard work, so we congratulate you on your accomplishments! We know you will go on to do great things in your current and future endeavors.